Jump to content

Bit of guidance please


Recommended Posts

I started as Hereford in the conference North. I used a basic 4231 ans managed to win the league despite a media prediction of 17th.

In the national i was predicted 24th. I bought some players and altered the 4231 slightly remiving the SS Attack for an attacking midfielder. 

Amazingly i was top or second after 18 games. I played mt second team in an FA trophy and i have now fallen off a cliff. Ive lost my last 5? Morale is all green. Teams havent changed their apprach against me. Any ideas or suggestions. 

Im losing to teams around me and teams who are struggling.

20220112_090459.jpg

20220112_090516.jpg

20220112_090535.jpg

20220112_090525.jpg

20220112_090559.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the AI has changed its approach to you? They may play more cautiously since you've been doing better than expected.

If I had to change something in the tactic I'd look to get more players attacking the box. You have the AF and three roles behind him that don't primarily attack the box. Maybe use a IF or an attacking duty on the AMC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

It seems the AI has changed its approach to you? They may play more cautiously since you've been doing better than expected.

If I had to change something in the tactic I'd look to get more players attacking the box. You have the AF and three roles behind him that don't primarily attack the box. Maybe use a IF or an attacking duty on the AMC.

Thank you. I do keep an eye on whether they are balanced or cautious etc but didnt notice anything.

I have a good player who can be a IF attack. Ill try that.

Other than decline in form, what are the tell tale signs the AI has changed its approach?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Other than decline in form, what are the tell tale signs the AI has changed its approach?

Opposing mentality dropping below balanced, unexpected formation changes (3 defenders when they normally play a 433 or more drastic I’ve seen both), and a willingness to grind out a game (have you ever gone up against a relegation candidate as a playoff team yet you never see a single highlight for 45 minutes?) all reveal the way the opposition perceives you. 
 

I also check the form table every so often to see where everyone stands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All teams have bad runs.  Looks like the main problem recently is that you're conceding too many:  13 goals in the last 8 games and no clean sheets.  You need to figure out why. 

You are also scoring not quite enough, except one match, but that might just be natural variance and is not your main problem recently.  What were your scoring and conceding rates before this bad run?  Might be something to modify but I wouldn't panic.  Before, were you outperforming your Xg?  If so, you might have been overperforming?  Or maybe you do have a good finisher who is just in bad form?

Are your players getting tired?  You have a counter-pressing, non-compact block, higher pressing, high tempo system.  That can work great but you need players with really good natural fitness and stamina and/or a good amount of squad rotation.  But that's just a guesstimate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make small changes in each match. Definitely change a winger to an inside forward as there’s hardly anyone running into the box. Change you’re Dlp to defend for more cover and remove pass into space.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kepz said:

Opposing mentality dropping below balanced, unexpected formation changes (3 defenders when they normally play a 433 or more drastic I’ve seen both), and a willingness to grind out a game (have you ever gone up against a relegation candidate as a playoff team yet you never see a single highlight for 45 minutes?) all reveal the way the opposition perceives you. 
 

I also check the form table every so often to see where everyone stands. 

Thank you again. I put the Winger on IF attack and AM on attack on performance changed and i was back to winning ways. Finished second... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bigshow1 said:

Just make small changes in each match. Definitely change a winger to an inside forward as there’s hardly anyone running into the box. Change you’re Dlp to defend for more cover and remove pass into space.

Thank you. The IF change definately worked! I think the AI altered how they viewed me and like you say, i didnt have enough players in the box. Attack to defend as they say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...