Bit of guidance please

I started as Hereford in the conference North. I used a basic 4231 ans managed to win the league despite a media prediction of 17th.

In the national i was predicted 24th. I bought some players and altered the 4231 slightly remiving the SS Attack for an attacking midfielder. 

Amazingly i was top or second after 18 games. I played mt second team in an FA trophy and i have now fallen off a cliff. Ive lost my last 5? Morale is all green. Teams havent changed their apprach against me. Any ideas or suggestions. 

Im losing to teams around me and teams who are struggling.

20220112_090459.jpg

20220112_090516.jpg

20220112_090535.jpg

20220112_090525.jpg

20220112_090559.jpg

It seems the AI has changed its approach to you? They may play more cautiously since you've been doing better than expected.

If I had to change something in the tactic I'd look to get more players attacking the box. You have the AF and three roles behind him that don't primarily attack the box. Maybe use a IF or an attacking duty on the AMC.

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

It seems the AI has changed its approach to you? They may play more cautiously since you've been doing better than expected.

If I had to change something in the tactic I'd look to get more players attacking the box. You have the AF and three roles behind him that don't primarily attack the box. Maybe use a IF or an attacking duty on the AMC.

Thank you. I do keep an eye on whether they are balanced or cautious etc but didnt notice anything.

I have a good player who can be a IF attack. Ill try that.

Other than decline in form, what are the tell tale signs the AI has changed its approach?

6 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Other than decline in form, what are the tell tale signs the AI has changed its approach?

Opposing mentality dropping below balanced, unexpected formation changes (3 defenders when they normally play a 433 or more drastic I’ve seen both), and a willingness to grind out a game (have you ever gone up against a relegation candidate as a playoff team yet you never see a single highlight for 45 minutes?) all reveal the way the opposition perceives you. 

I also check the form table every so often to see where everyone stands. 

All teams have bad runs.  Looks like the main problem recently is that you're conceding too many:  13 goals in the last 8 games and no clean sheets.  You need to figure out why. 

You are also scoring not quite enough, except one match, but that might just be natural variance and is not your main problem recently.  What were your scoring and conceding rates before this bad run?  Might be something to modify but I wouldn't panic.  Before, were you outperforming your Xg?  If so, you might have been overperforming?  Or maybe you do have a good finisher who is just in bad form?

Are your players getting tired?  You have a counter-pressing, non-compact block, higher pressing, high tempo system.  That can work great but you need players with really good natural fitness and stamina and/or a good amount of squad rotation.  But that's just a guesstimate.

17 hours ago, kepz said:

Opposing mentality dropping below balanced, unexpected formation changes (3 defenders when they normally play a 433 or more drastic I’ve seen both), and a willingness to grind out a game (have you ever gone up against a relegation candidate as a playoff team yet you never see a single highlight for 45 minutes?) all reveal the way the opposition perceives you. 

I also check the form table every so often to see where everyone stands. 

Thank you again. I put the Winger on IF attack and AM on attack on performance changed and i was back to winning ways. Finished second... 

5 hours ago, Bigshow1 said:

Just make small changes in each match. Definitely change a winger to an inside forward as there’s hardly anyone running into the box. Change you’re Dlp to defend for more cover and remove pass into space.

Thank you. The IF change definately worked! I think the AI altered how they viewed me and like you say, i didnt have enough players in the box. Attack to defend as they say.