[FM22] Pour L'Eiffel - Mission Paris

karanhsingh

2 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

True on tackling. I was usually going one on one w CBs but I remember those drills now, fair point.

Decisions can be trained by tactics and game footage study etc. Composure and concentration though I see as being the same though. I was always garbage with composure and no amount of experience helped! Have a CB all over me with no time to control the ball and take a 20 yard pop? Goal. One on one with the keeper overcommitted? Right at the keeper/just past the post guaranteed! Concentration I kind of feel the same about…

To reply to the posts you did while I was writing my response to an earlier one…interesting how youth intakes work. I had no first trainers come through at Livorno in FM21, yet have two almost ready for first team coming up with Pompey after just two years!

Yes I agree, and I have exactly the same level of composure as you on a football pitch. I pretty much get rid of the ball as soon as I am pressed!

I guess there is a bit of luck involved in the intakes as well, but seeing as I rarely last 5 seasons at a club I was really hoping for some more joy in Paris... ah well

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And with that, let's do a wrap up of the 2025/26 season for Paris FC.

1091249353_aprmay.jpg.7eadf26500471c1d182fcfda843cd6cb.jpg

The league title was gone, and we somewhat stumbled past the finish line with 2 bad away defeats towards the end. Obviously the highlight of the season close was that Coupe de France win against PSG.

table4.thumb.jpg.ec78024fe25585aa6cbf06a55b507fcd.jpg

And so, here is the final league table for the 2025-26 season.

We ultimately finished a full 9 points behind PSG. We really shouldn't have, but we did. Which means the gap has actually increased by 4 points compared to last season. But we did get 3 more points ourselves, and moved 1 place up in the league table. So, some progress at least.

As a result of finishing 2nd we have this time qualified directly for the group stage of the Champions League.

45 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

WOOO! Ba is an absolute beast in the Cups.  Can't beat his finals for drama - scoring 2 with ten min the African Cup of Nations - and now 3-2 in the cup final.  Oh yeah, and against PSG!!!

Thanks! 3-2 seems to be his favorite score :cool:

A little bit of analysis to officially wrap up the season:

306195288_xgtable4.jpg.bced9c65cd60219691988cdd8bc8e0a3.jpg

As per the xG table we should have finished 2nd as well, albeit with a smaller 4 point gap to PSG. Who as you can see have massively over performed their xG. Hopefully that will even out.

cccc.jpg.26acb007b30ca8efa5b57341f73e5a3a.jpg

We actually created the highest number of clear chances in the league. The fact that we scored only 60 goals a full 23 less than PSG clearly suggests that chance conversion was an issue.

Here are the squad stats from the season:

784848413_squadstats4.thumb.jpg.4a4037ccbc0d07e4c77e30f25ceb2ccc.jpg

Fofana finishes as our top scorer with 26 goals and of course grabbed first place in the NxGn list - a great first season in the team for him.

Our other wonderkid signing Tumbas was also well on his way but a bad 6 week injury pretty much ruined his season, when he came back he was just not able to get going. He scored 10 in the first half and only 2 second half, but fortunately one of those two being in the cup final!

Emre Mor has had a very productive first season with 10 goals and 14 assists so very happy to give this "former" wonderkid a platform to shine.

At the back, Bitshiabu and Zagre continue to be our two best performers, and I will have some news to share about "El Chad" soon ;)

And finally, a word about our youth product Mehdi Nouri who dominated midfield and also contributed 5 goals + 8 assists this season. He is going to be promoted to vice-captain this summer! 

Great win against PSG! You beat a pretty good team.....now that you know you can do it. (beat them) The League is the goal. Even if you have to play the benchwarmers in the Champions League to make sure you push for the league. (but only if your assured a Champion's League Group Stage place)

49 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Great win against PSG! You beat a pretty good team.....now that you know you can do it. (beat them) The League is the goal. Even if you have to play the benchwarmers in the Champions League to make sure you push for the league. (but only if your assured a Champion's League Group Stage place)

Thanks bud! The league most definitely is the goal but I feel like we are still a couple of years away. I am a bit stuck now because although I know half my players aren't good enough, I can't bring myself to sell them as they are doing so well. A few of them are approaching 30 so I am thinking of letting them ride out their contracts and only then replace them. 

892559639_tumbasaward.jpg.9fe620ff76e6c27bdcfbe38b8f8c4f57.jpg

For the 3rd year running, a Paris FC player wins the most promising player award. Last year it was Zagre, and this time it is our Serbian wonderkid Tumbas. He had a good season but I am certainly expecting a lot more next year.

moty.jpg.337dcce19ae529109974ffa85b277ac2.jpg

And after conceding it to Poch last season, Demba Ba is back as the manager of the year as well.

1427649099_finances1.jpg.31296e42ce749569e35a1630bdba9d0d.jpg

Our revenues make for interesting reading - sponsorship continues to rise at a very strong rate but broadcast & prize money are both impacted by our qualifying round exit in the Champions League. The Europa was a good tournament to participate in but nowhere near financially.

However, THIS is big news for the club:

expansion.jpg.10f0e898b34b6bdec99a54c4cf78d48f.jpg

We have been consistently filling out the stadium, so this is fantastic to see. All the prize money from this season is basically going into a big expansion of the stadium. The work is also expected to be pretty quick - just 6 months. We definitely look forward to breaking our attendance records again very soon!

Stadium Expansion is never easy and at least you didn't build a new Arena! Did you put any more money into Youth coaching and recruitment? Even if you get players poached it helps your intakes.

Need to make Champions League again just to balance the books!

34 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Stadium Expansion is never easy and at least you didn't build a new Arena! Did you put any more money into Youth coaching and recruitment? Even if you get players poached it helps your intakes.

Need to make Champions League again just to balance the books!

All our facilities are now maxed put all the way. And yes I have noticed that we got 2 players poached in the past year.

We have made the UCL this year and directly into the group stages thanks to our 2nd place finish, so no nasty qualifying surprises this time.

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2022 at 16:46, Sysiphus said:

Just read it through—a really fun read. How is Bitshiabu looking for you now, has he developed well?  Was scouting him in my own save and at 21 he's worse than he was when you got him in at 17!

Sorry for the ridiculously late response. I think he was 17 when we first got him on loan and he's developed primarily due to consistent first team football. He even had a 9 month injury in my game. At the young age it's all about getting those minutes in. Which is a problem at a club like PSG. 

Hey guys. Been off FM for a while due to life & work getting very busy (which is a good thing). 

Now planning to get back into it, unsure whether to continue this save and see if we can topple PSG or begin a new one, likely in England as I've not had any game time there in this edition. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Hey guys. Been off FM for a while due to life & work getting very busy (which is a good thing). 

Now planning to get back into it, unsure whether to continue this save and see if we can topple PSG or begin a new one, likely in England as I've not had any game time there in this edition. Thoughts?

Welcome back! 
I think it’s purely a personal choice. I would never keep a save going for the sake of someone else. 
Do you still feel invested? Do you have another idea nagging you? (Usually why I stop) 

either way I’ll be here for whatever endeavour you choose 

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Welcome back. I'm very much invested in my Valencia career but also haven't managed in England so far in FM22 and it's lurking there as a future challenge.

After a long break it's hard to pick up an existing save, so it could be time for a fresh one. If in England, I'll see you there at some time, but good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks both. I fired up the Paris FC save but wasn't really getting into it. Before loading it up i couldn't even remember most of the players!

I think i am going to do something very different and jump straight into the English premier league. Not too sure i will have enough time on my hands for another proper long term project. Do keep an eye out! 

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks both. I fired up the Paris FC save but wasn't really getting into it. Before loading it up i couldn't even remember most of the players!

I think i am going to do something very different and jump straight into the English premier league. Not too sure i will have enough time on my hands for another proper long term project. Do keep an eye out! 

Hard to get back into a save after a long gap. Historically my saves often end when I suddenly get super busy and don’t have time.

Looking forward to the next adventure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...