Quick (little known?) Tips

Here's one that I suspect is not widely known. When you are naming your set piece takers in the tactics screen rank all of your players as penalty takers not just the top three or four. If you then end up in a penalty shoot out your takers will all then be selected in order of ability.

OK, I'll play.....

Who doesn't get frustrated with the endless "click continue" to proceed the game?  Over the course of a season, how many times must you have clicked that button.  Both the time and effort add up, especially if, like me, you play multiple seasons worth/thousands of hours worth of FM gaming.

Solution - if you have a mouse with extra buttons on it, try assigning the most convenient button (my choice are the side thumb buttons) to the "SPACE" button.  Now, when you are ready you will not ever have to click that blasted button again. 

The other buttons worth considering for reassigning are for the "TEAM" screen and "TACTICS".... or whatever ones you feel you utilise the most in between matches.

I reckon over the years I have saved myself a lot of extra clicking/dragging the mouse to a specific place on the screen - this way it makes the game more enjoyable to play and much more relaxing.

39 minutes ago, C0bbl3rs said:

OK, I'll play.....

Who doesn't get frustrated with the endless "click continue" to proceed the game?  Over the course of a season, how many times must you have clicked that button.  Both the time and effort add up, especially if, like me, you play multiple seasons worth/thousands of hours worth of FM gaming.

Solution - if you have a mouse with extra buttons on it, try assigning the most convenient button (my choice are the side thumb buttons) to the "SPACE" button.  Now, when you are ready you will not ever have to click that blasted button again. 

The other buttons worth considering for reassigning are for the "TEAM" screen and "TACTICS".... or whatever ones you feel you utilise the most in between matches.

I reckon over the years I have saved myself a lot of extra clicking/dragging the mouse to a specific place on the screen - this way it makes the game more enjoyable to play and much more relaxing.

That’s why continue game out option is on preferences. 🙂

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

That’s why continue game out option is on preferences. 🙂

Ypou mean auto continue?  If yes, I'd always prefer to choose when it continues on.

3 minutes ago, C0bbl3rs said:

Ypou mean auto continue?  If yes, I'd always prefer to choose when it continues on.

One small hint is to go into preferences and search for screen flow. There untick the "visit news screen automatically". You won't see the news screen, but you will see fewer stops in processing.

Many South American talents have a high release clause and a very low domestic release clause. Nevertheless, shortlist them. Often a domestic team will match the low domestic clause. You can then make the same or a bit higher offer and it will get accepted.

Use reminders to praise (or warn about) form and training every month or so, and for many other things like initiating scouting for players with expiring contracts in one year

Check transfer rumors in league details to steal those sweet AI transfers

You can use more than one instances of "recover" training in congested fixtures.

Tired of scouts recomending "C" players in scouting center? You can change that in the options

Edited by achortagus

If you having problems with players insisting on including unacceptable promises when you are negotiating their contracts try to get your DoF to negotiate the contract. AFAIK the DoF never agrees to any promises and can successfully sign players who would otherwise include non negotiable promises if you are doing the negotiating the contract.

You can rename players and staff to identify them more easily. For example, all my coaches are renamed as “Coach XYZ”, players I want to hire I add a * and position, such as “Smith MR *”, etc. 

I also rename all my players, I just use one word, usually their family name, sometimes a nickname or something that differentiates two players with the same surname.

Edited by phd_angel

When you ask for a scout report on a player it takes a week for it to appear in your inbox, but if you go to Scouting -> Assignments -> Scouting Priorities you can see all of the players that you have requested reports on, and you can see early reports for the players after less than a day.