Youth players constantly being retrained in new positions

I got a 'golden generation' youth intake on my current save, two of whom were already good enough to be on the fringes of my first team. However, the development centre keeps constantly retraining them in new positions against my wishes. One of them has already been trained in 4 positions and it keeps  adding more, as a result most of his attributes have decreased. 

Is this intentional and standard practice for outfield youth players or is it a bug? Is there any way to stop it other than taking manual control of each player's training?

• SI Staff
On 09/01/2022 at 01:00, Qwanimal said:

I got a 'golden generation' youth intake on my current save, two of whom were already good enough to be on the fringes of my first team. However, the development centre keeps constantly retraining them in new positions against my wishes. One of them has already been trained in 4 positions and it keeps  adding more, as a result most of his attributes have decreased. 

Is this intentional and standard practice for outfield youth players or is it a bug? Is there any way to stop it other than taking manual control of each player's training?

This should happen sometimes, but not very often. If this is constantly happening then something might be wrong. The only way to fully stop this from ever happening is to take control of individual training for the affected players. How many players has this affected so far?