FM22: The PSV story - Eendracht Maakt Macht

MattyLewis11

10 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

I am looking to bring the players through the ranks from within the club, there is a vast pool of talent to draw from. The method has been to carry out an analysis into each individual at the club and establish a pathway from the U18 to PSV via the Jong side. 

Of course you can't always rely on players to fill the voids, take the Blas transfer for example, Babadi is someone who in a season or two's time could be at a level to feature regularly for the senior side. In my opinion he isn't quite there and needs a transition year in Jong at least before giving exposure to Eredivisie minutes, hence the option to explore the transfer market. 

image.thumb.png.607ec241e7cb5afaa6b4cac7bc629baa.png

However, Van de Blaak has shown he is more than ready to make the jump this season from U18 straight into the senior side and therefore saving the club millions.

I do appreciate that the talent supply will run out, so I have been beaving away behind the scenes improving the facilities within the club which we all know helps to improve the pull in relation to that golden generation.

image.png.55ef57e974bd3e7fc903d5cb4bea5400.png

Scouts are also deployed across many of the wonderkid regions with assignments set to look for players U21 who have a star potential rating, with the view to bringing in talent. 

Schlotterbeck was an individual highlighted by scouts as I was looking to bring in a left-footed CB whilst Wijindal was a player signed from knowledge - those Scouted Football handbooks come in handy! 

Makes sense Matty, and nice that you have progression plans laid out, the Jong teams in Holland are great for helping out with youth development. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught up after not looking at 'new' threads since the new yearish.

Great title win, and PSV is a good challenge in that they're not guaranteed the title every year and have to fend off/deal with offers for your top players on a regular basis and can't realistically keep world class players - but you're still aiming to win a CL!  Makes for a good challenge.

• 3 months later...