General Team Training - Leave it to the Assistant Manager or do it yourself?- my solution DOESN'T WORK

Over time I've created various of my own training schedules and downloaded other peoples' suggestions but I've never been totally convinced that any of them produce better results than just leaving it to your staff. I've now stumbled across a method that seems to work for me. I've set myself as being responsible for the general team training of the first team and also for the youth teams. Each week my in-box receives a suggested training schedules for each team for the following two weeks. I alter these to ensure that on the day before the match the three sessions are: Match Tactics, either Rest or Travel, Match Preview and that a Match Review session is scheduled on the day following the match. The suggested schedules always have a couple of rest sessions in the evening and I've used these to allocate Team Bonding and Community Outreach sessions.

I've no real evidence to show that this produces better results than any other method but almost all the players have training ratings greater than 7.0 and, as I said earlier, it works for me.

Edited by Hovis Dexter

Il 27/12/2021 in 15:43 , Hovis Dexter ha scritto:

I've no real evidence to show that this produces better results than any other method but almost all the players have training ratings greater than 7.0 and, as I said earlier, it works for me.

Training routines aren't the only thing for training ratings.

Training Rating is made up of a few things, including attribute development and morale. Whilst it does not directly affect match performance, a player that is developing well and has high morale, thus a higher training rating, will likely also perform well in match (relative to their ability of course).

Staff, personality, training environment, results change training ratings. There could be routines that produce better results but you gotta see a lot of things. Training for a tiki taka and for a catenaccio is different, same thing with young players and old players. 

I totally agree that training routines are not the only things that count. I was simply highlighting a method that seems sensible to me when previously I’ve been unsure as to whether or not take the advice of the my coaches  or to create my own training schedules.

40 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I totally agree that training routines are not the only things that count. I was simply highlighting a method that seems sensible to me when previously I’ve been unsure as to whether or not take the advice of the my coaches  or to create my own training schedules.

Creating your own training schedules can maximize the effectiveness. An AM with Tactical Style Gegenpress will apply (or suggest) schedules for Gegenpress not matter if you play a Wing Play, where the schedules from Wing Play train certain (key) attributes for each player. Training schedules train certain attributes. :brock:

• Hovis Dexter changed the title to General Team Training - Leave it to the Assistant Manager or do it yourself?- my solution DOESN'T WORK

Well, that was a total failure. At the end of the season I've looked at the "progress" made by my first team members and hardly any have shown any improvement in their individual attributes. To give a fuller picture my coaches are all 4 / 5 star with light training loads. For individual training everybody has been trained in the role to which they have been assigned. Back to the drawing board ....