Help need uploading a tactic please

So I’ve just got the new game and downloaded a tactic like I have on previous games, but I kept pressing up in the top right and now the only thing to select on the location is just what I assume my laptop number. 
How do I find my tactics? 

m Thanks 

5C35193E-3D9E-4031-A685-C8D5FD0367CC.jpeg

Sorry, then I move it to tactics document within a sports interactive folder. 
still no joy.,

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? I’ve tried starting a new career but the location still just has this laptop code, and next to it on the right, the up is greyed our. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, BARNESDON said:

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? I’ve tried starting a new career but the location still just has this laptop code, and next to it on the right, the up is greyed our.

All you have to do do is o back to the directory where the game is saved

vyLopMZXeW.thumb.gif.2d5620c6506e519b8134f03fcea26e6f.gif

This example is to load a save but it works he same way for tactics 

Ok. Remove everything from "tactics" folder, leave it empty and place only one .fmf file (tactic file).

Go to Tactics within the game, Load and choose C: > barne > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2022 > tactics

If you don't see that folder, means you have that files in One Drive or somewhere else.

Edited by fc.cadoni

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, BARNESDON said:

Here’s a picture when I try and load a tactic. Everything is empty! 

C26B4136-1C9E-4FE5-8426-963777018775.jpeg

For me, it's:

C:

Users 

My name

Documents

Sports Interactive

Football Manager 2022

Tactics 

8 hours ago, BARNESDON said:

Any idea how to resolve this?

13 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

C:

Users 

My name

Documents

Sports Interactive

Football Manager 2022

Tactics 

Instead of your name, it looks like This PC for you, can't really really see your directory's that well from the screenshot

Ok so uninstall and reinstall was a ball ache but I’m now back with the same issue! 
Just downloaded a tactic and then when I try and load tactic I’m met with emptiness. 
I’ve downloaded a tactic which I’ve put in my tactics folder. 

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, BARNESDON said:

No I’m playing FM22, No idea, I just put them in tactics. I’ll have a play about moving them to FM22. 

You can’t use a tactic created for a pervious version of the game in FM22.  So you cannot use a tactic created for FM21 (or earlier) with FM22.  You can recreate it using the in game tactics creator, but you cannot load one.

Just now, BARNESDON said:

No I’m playing FM22, No idea, I just put them in tactics. I’ll have a play about moving them to FM22. 

Move them into the FM22 tactic folder 

In game, click this:

Untitled.png.cf217c398e6713e456e98d4068a4ac3a.png

Click C:

Untitled1.png.4d8050e2140f21587e9f9c521ca8c200.png

Users or whatever it's named

Untitled2.png.094195cf458839d2664e1be717abb715.png

Then your name, Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2022, Tactics

6 minutes ago, herne79 said:

You can’t use a tactic created for a pervious version of the game in FM22.  So you cannot use a tactic created for FM21 (or earlier) with FM22.  You can recreate it using the in game tactics creator, but you cannot load one.

You can :thup: Try it 

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

Really?  ok that must have changed from previous versions then :thup:.

FM21 to FM22 Tactics are fine, so if you have any crackers, load them up! Doubt you can load them up from FM16 

Ok so I’ve now moved them to the FM22 folder. 

But when I click load the tactic, nothing is in C or D.

location still just has my laptop and a code but nothing else. 

The open icon is letting me click on it now, but it says the file could not be imported. 

image.jpg

12 hours ago, BARNESDON said:

Correct, I’ve put the tactic I wanted in the correct fm22 folder but it won’t load. 

Just double check you've downloaded it correctly because how you're loading it up is the right way  

I remember having this issue when I first got the game in December when I kept clicking ‘up’ in a fit of rage trying to find my downloaded tactic, but all this did was delete all the folders in C and D. 
Hope that helps and I appreciate this is taking up a lot of your time. 

1 hour ago, BARNESDON said:

I remember having this issue when I first got the game in December when I kept clicking ‘up’ in a fit of rage trying to find my downloaded tactic, but all this did was delete all the folders in C and D. 
Hope that helps and I appreciate this is taking up a lot of your time. 

Clicking up shouldn't delete any of your folders so I'm not sure what happened there 

2 hours ago, BARNESDON said:

@fc.cardoni produced a short video via a Gif but annoyingly that’s expired so I can’t watch it back to see how to resolve it as I have previously fixed this. 

I think you've once tried to open an .fmf file and then chose Internet Explorer, because of the pictogram showing.

Try to download the tactic-file you want again - don't try to open it with anything - and then save it into \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\tactics and then try to load it in Football Manager.