The Journeyman - FM22

BoxToBoxFM

image.png.75a39d496c3c1c373327871419fc61bd.png

Hamilton 29/30 - October

image.png.74bc2b0c4ce9f09eadd6885288fbadf9.png

October was exactly the same as September; a win, a defeat, a draw and a win. 

We started off against Aberdeen who if you remember from last season we often took points off them and we've taken all three here, it's always satisfying beating the bigger teams in this league. We then actually got beat by Queen of The South in a game we absolutely should have won but I have to put this one down to having a young goalkeeper in goals, he really should have saved the first two and potentially even the third as well. 

A 1-1 draw against Kilmarnock was next where we gave away another penalty thanks to Mckenna (who I've now dropped) we absolutely dominated them but just couldn't score more than one, then we went to Easter Road and picked up a good win in an impressive performance on a Halloween night. 

image.png.cce6e4cd72f7fc921d177dd2a513ac9a.png

Unbelievably we're up to second in the league but just look at how tight it all is, Rangers in 5th are only 3 points behind us and level with 6th place Kilmarnock who themselves are only a point ahead of Hearts in 7th. 

image.thumb.png.2449e443d959994efacd4bd1e69c7fd0.png

Walker update, he's not got 11 in 11 in the league. However, it's almost certain that we will lose him in January and if not in January then definitely in the summer as he doesn't want to sign a new contract and has a release clause of just a couple million so we have to make the most of him while we can

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.9d3f923a4dd6dc92f93a17618823cd34.png

Hamilton 29/30 - New Contract

image.thumb.png.cbe80fc92112703aa688d898bdf19401.png

The board have come to be about the possibility of extending my contract which is up at the end of the season and I'm absolutely delighted, I love the project we've got going on here with all the youth players coming through so it would take a lot for me to leave!

image.thumb.png.c495dd88dffbc2151354a2b7cd5e9b8f.png

Here's my current contract...

image.thumb.png.2e846316c8b76a3f0fa35e10d0153a86.png

...and here's what they're offering me now! A massive wage increase and to be fair, I think it's justified! 

image.thumb.png.d3e8fc5c037bea2a5a8bfed705144486.png

We managed to increase it up to £2.5k a week for the next three years, which is a £1.2k p/w increase on what I was earning before - that's a £130,000 a year I'm earning now!

image.thumb.png.fc3b9033c55868e5325dc08ece85a23c.png

In other news, this is the guy I signed last January on a 6 month and he picked up a season ending injury 3 minutes into his debut, his deal was up at the end of the season but he decided to stay on month to month probably in the hope I'd leave at the end of this season and he then might get a few more games, but now that he's seen I've signed a new 3 year deal he's out of here 🤣

22 minutes ago, john1 said:

Congrats on new contract :cool:  Such a shame Walker, doesnt want to :(

Luckily there's nobody interested in him yet, but he's scored in every game so far so it's almost guaranteed there will be interest in January 

image.png.7ed474c01999049704956c84b3e9719a.png

Hamilton 29/30 - November

image.png.3397184e3e8fd7e2937e97908bd08bf6.png

Just the 3 games in November and we avoided defeat in all of them making it 5 unbeaten now. We started off by beating Dundee United 2-0 before beating Rangers yet again this season, 3-1 was the scoreline in that one. 
However in the final game of the month we could only manage a draw against rivals Motherwell, I guess when you consider the fact it's a derby and it's away from home getting a point isn't the end of the world. 

image.png.a1f023b754f124e9ee94d48846e2f426.png

We're still second in the league and if we'd have beat Motherwell we could have gone top for a bit as Celtic have 2 games in hand on us. We're starting to create a bit of a gap now between us and Hearts which is good, hopefully that continues to grow over the winter period. 

12 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Nice to see Hamilton high flying. Great club for bringing through young Scottish lads! Was one of the best run academies in the country at one point 

I had no idea about how good their youth setup is, but every intake I’ve had has included multiple 5 star potential players! They develop so quickly as well, so once we lose one player there’s normally someone just about ready to take his place 

37 minutes ago, BoxToBoxFM said:

I had no idea about how good their youth setup is, but every intake I’ve had has included multiple 5 star potential players! They develop so quickly as well, so once we lose one player there’s normally someone just about ready to take his place 

Good to see it transfer into the game!