[FM22] State Hunter - Gotta Catch 'Em All (Save ended due to technical issues)

corinthiano

image.png.6b29cc5e34fdb334e6c9e59e961b2bfa.png

July 2042

image.png.e85c803c93561969454a4e26a42ec18d.png

image.png.f42f2af7c1ffc940c4d82df692f1a3c0.png

We are back on form and topping a very tight league. After starting the month with conceding a last minute equalizer to Náutico the team picked themselves up and started scoring freely again. A lot of this is due to new signing Néstor Yackson who I spotted justas I was starting to look for a striker. His contract had just finished at Defensor Sporting and despite us paying him very high wages I think he is worth the investment, with 7 goals in his first 7 games proving my point.

image.png.55c4ab094c517b6a318f8c8f895af286.png

Next Fixtures

image.png.aa0ec63559443b9091eb3778296100c5.png

This month we will start playing once a week which will be great for the squad. It will be a tough month though with Ceará, Chapecoense and Nova Iguaçu all in the top 5 and fighting promotion against us. If we can get positive results against them it would put us in a very good position.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

August 2042

image.png.ad99be1129cb829ace8c08f1c0d57610.png

image.png.08f2f45c73e5a75b4cba57d8ea5c2666.png

We knew it was a tough month and we didnt really step up to it. The only win we got was a lucky one as a cross rebounded into the goal 4 minutes to the end against Ceará. We were also lucky against Chapecoense as we scored in the last minute to take an undeserved point. On the other hand Athletico Paranaense and Nova Iguaçu scored late on which lost us 3 points in total. We now lie just inside the promotion places in what continues to be a really tight race.

Next Fixtures

image.png.f83a595428f30a7215e738d0b9c4e2ce.png

September does not get off to the easiest starts as we play second placed Ponte Preta at their place. The other games are against teams that could mount a promotion challenge if they went on a good run so will be tough to get results against. Lets see if we can keep hanging on to a promotion place at the end of the month.

September 2042

image.png.02109c1e436d74259ef71ec72522e145.png

image.png.7b853000a4c88a5ee9ba50427f6a46f2.png

Another great month and we are now 6 points ahead of 5th with 6 games to go. I was concerned going into the game against Ponte Preta but we absolutely dominated the game and deserved the win. We maintained the good form and were somewhat unlucky not to have a 100% month as Novorizontino equalized with 5 minutes to go in a game we had the better chances.

Next Fixtures

image.png.e4984283aa5b000f2fbe4430eda379c6.png

Just the three matches in October as the schedule gets strangely light until the end of November. Despite playing away from home twice these should all be winnable so hopefully we can edge even closer to promotion by the end of the month.

5 hours ago, zethani said:

Weird Serie B will all those important teams not even fighting for promotion.

Definitely feels weird but to be fair Cruzeiro and Botafogo havent been great since the start of the save. Same can be said for Coritiba, who went as low as Serie C and Athletico Paranaense. Fluminense on the other hand were regularly in Serie A until recently so I expected more of them this season. I am not going to complain at the lack of competitiveness from them though :D

October 2042

image.png.7ae9589d871ac80159c4f37f43996840.png

image.png.ec6b73204de94a9d1ebd24b39a42a39e.png

Promotion is almost secured but we are stumbling towards the finish line. After an impressive win at Imperatriz I thought we were there when we were playing relegation strugglers CRB, but they frustrated us over 80 minutes and after we got a goal they came back and got an equalizer 5 minutes later. Coritiba then tore us apart at their place in a very deserved defeat.

Next Fixtures

image.png.d6d256c4fdbf21dd26a6c330ebebb593.png

We need two points from our last 3 games to ensure promotion, all against sides in the bottom half including bottom place América (RN) who have been awful, so surely...we also still have a shot at the title but honestly at this stage I care mostly about promotion.

Edited by corinthiano

November 2042

image.png.5f309d6edf90b275a954e0b2271859af.png

image.png.ef7af6cc7cbed9f2a9658ca5ef2fead5.png

Easy does it, the win over Náutico ensured our promotion and Campinense are in the top flight for the first time in over 60 years! The loss against Remo meant we were not in the race for the title but promotion is what matters most. At the end of the table Botafogo shockingly go down to Série C, they even had the chance to overtake Náutico by playing them at home in the last game but bottled it and lost.

We got roughly an additional R$1M added to our wage budget, so lets see if we can attract some better talent early next season, which is only 1-2 months away!

2042 Season Review

image.png.93e61e300efa48658bda4d7a12bc45eb.png

Squad by Appearances

image.png.7a7b4f4323047e4ead689c00c9f3a4b9.png

image.png.3ba6ce2852d4b6d8e97e67110dd5b754.png

Best Eleven

image.png.4b7e72d8fb90e443e93836e60211cc35.png

This was the longest season of the save for me, by far. A staggering 63 matches meant we rotated the team a lot and only 4 players made more than 50 appearances. The defeat in the final of the State Championship was obviously disappointing but we have to be pleased with the rest of the year as we overachieved in all other competitions, with promotion the icing on the cake. The squad was very well balanced with the exception of right back, where Ademar was our starting players despite being more adept at playing in midfield. We did look light up front but the signing of Néstor Yackson solved that problem as he helped fire us up the promotion places.

We had very few disgruntled players, but a few fringe ones left at the end of the season and our very bright prospect of Fábio Luiz is upset as he was out of form towards the end of the season and lost his place. With Milan interested in him I might struggle to keep him at the club next season.

Top Performers

Walter Leonardo

image.png.ca912a21b806652d95aa248147df877d.png

Almost everything went through him as he got a massive 44 goal contributions in 51 appearances. We signed him to a longer deal during the season and will look for him to keep leading from AP next season.

Néstor Yackson

image.png.1a7a9688cef95a1602ca440529579f8e.png

Signing of the season for me. I stumbled on him as our team started struggling up front. His contract with Defensor Sporting was about to expire and we closed out the deal pretty quickly. His 17 goals were just 2 shy of the Série B top scorer, who played 13 games more than him.

Fábio Luiz

image.png.117821e7e673692423bc540ebeb9ff5d.png

His form did drop towards the end of the season and he was not the most prolific in Série B, but he is a huge talent. If Milan decide to act on their interest I cant see us keeping with us next season.

Finances

image.png.f7e97760f656629810e1c2aa179d8818.png

This is my biggest concern, despite just under R$10M in player income this year we are losing money like crazy. I hope Série A has decent money as we only got R$200k for finishing 4th in Série B...

2042 Brazil Review

Série A: Palmeiras win back to back titles and are now the most successful team with 14. It was a strong year for São Paulo State teams as 6 of the top 8 are from the State. Botafogo (PB) are the only team to go straight back down to Série B (yay), along with Northeast counterparts CSA, Sport and Retrô. Nova Iguaçu and Cuiabá go straight back-up, joined by Ponte Preta and State Hunters Campinense, who make an appearance for the first time since 1981.

image.png.f1f947a16c29a3efd4d7f7fd1e47a78a.png

State Championships (in Ranking order)

1. São Paulo: Palmeiras beat São Paulo to claim their 27th title. Corinthians are still record holders with 34.

2. Rio de Janeiro: Vasco win their first title in 5 years and 27th in total. Flamengo are still record holders with 49.

3. Rio Grande do Sul: Grêmio win the title against Internacional and go up to 55, 4 ahead of their rivals.

4. Minas Gerais: Atlético Mineiro win their third title in a row to extend their record to 57.

5. Paraná: Athletico Paranaense beat Foz do Iguaçu to win their 35th title. Coritiba are still record holders with 43.

6. Santa Catarina: Criciúma beat surprise package Brusque to win their 17th title. Avaí are still biggest winners with 20.

7. Ceará: Ceará beat Fortaleza and win their 49th title, still some way behinde their rivals at 61.

8. Goiás: Goiás beat surprise package Jataiense again in the final to extend their record to 40 titles.

9. Bahia: Vitória gain the title back from rivals Bahia to win their 38th title, still a long way of the 62 their rivals have won.

10. Pernambuco: Sport beat Porto (PE) to win a record extending 52nd title.

11. Alagoas: A big upset as someone other than CSA or CRB win the title for the first time in 10 years. Santa Rita (AL) win their 2nd ever title, the other one coming in 2004. CSA are record holders with 46.

12. Mato Grosso: Cuiabá win their fifteenth title in a row and 30th overall, extending their lead as record title holders.

13. Pará: Remo beat Paysandu to win their 55th title and reduce the lead to their rivals to 2.

14. Maranhão: Iimperatriz beat Sampaio Corrêa on penalties to win the title for the 7th time. Sampaio Corrêa are still record holders with 52.

15. Rio Grande do Norte: An upset as Potiguar win their 3rd ever title and first since 2013. ABC are still record holders at 69.

16. Paraíba: Botafogo (BP) beat State Hunters Campinense in the final again and win record extending title number 42.

17. Sergipe: Itabaiana beat Confiança (SE) again to win their 12th title. Sergipe are record holders with 39.

18. Amazonas:  Fast Club beat Atlético Amazonense to win their 9th title. Nacional (AM) are record holders with 50.

19. Piauí: Altos (PI) end the run of 4 straight wins from River (PI) to win their 10th title. The beaten finalists are still record holders with 42.

20. Acre: Vasco (AC) easily retain the title by winning both stages and now go up to 18 titles in total. Rio Branco (AC) are still the biggest winners with 33.

21. Distrito Federal: Brasília beat Formosa in the final and win their 16th title overall, 1 behind record holders Gama with 17.

22. Espírito Santo: Desportiva beat Serra in the final and claim their 30th title. Rio Branco (ES) are record holders on 39 titles.

23. Roraima: Baré win their first title in 5 years and 11th overall. Atlético Roraima are still record holders with 24.

24. Tocantins: Tocantinópolis beat Interporto to win their 9th title. Palmas are record holders with 15.

25. Mato Grosso do Sul: Operário (MS) retain the title to win their record extending title number 22.

26. Rondônia: Genus beat Barcelona (RO) again to claim their 8th title. Ferroviário (RO) are record holders with 17 despite not existing anymore.

27. Amapá: Ypiranga (AP) win back to back titles and extend their record to 24 titles.

Former Champions Watch

I will only update on the teams with which I have won State titles with.

Tapajós (AP): Just managed to avoid relegation from the State Championship and finished 4th in the Seletiva again.

Pimentense: Bottom in second State tier and second bottom in the Seletiva.

Costa Rica (MS): Frustrating year, losing in the Seletiva final and finishing third in the State Championship.

Palmas: Lost to Interporto in the State Championship Semi Final and finished bottom of their group in Série D, a poor year.

Náutico (RR): Finished second to Baré in the Seletiva and third in the State Championship. Knocked out at the first in the Copa Verde.

Desportiva: They beat Serra in the State Championship final but their rivals got revenge by beating them in the Quarter Finals of Série D and therefore getting promotion at Desportivas expense. Did win the Copa Espírito Santo too and got to the quarters of the Copa Verde.

Brasília: The year started well with them regaining the State Championship but ended in disappointment as they were relegated from Série C. Other cup performances were not noteworthy.

Rio Branco (AC): Finished runners-up in the State Championship again, but won the Seletiva to go back up to Série D again. Knocked out pretty early in the Copa Verde and Copa do Brasil.

River (PI): Disappointing in State competitions as they lost to Altos in the final of the State Championship and Semi Final of the Copa Piauí. In Série C they did get to the Second Group Stage but were unable to get promoted.

Amazonas FC: Lost to JC in the State Championship Quarter Final after finishing 1st in the League Stage. Decent first season in Série C as they finished 6th in their group.

Itabaiana: Surprisingly won the State Championship again but frustratingly lost the Seletiva final to Santa Cruz (SE).

January 2043

image.png.8dcc74bcaa06163972278e3aa950b148.png

A quick update before we do the State Championship Preview. As State Championship runners-up we did not get automatic qualification to the Copa do Nordeste group stage and had to face 3 preliminary rounds to try to get there. We almost stumbled in the first hurdle as América (RN) held us back before we sealed our passage through penalties. The second round was straightforward but in the final one we faced a Retrô side that just got relegated from Série A. We played out a drab two games before I thought we stole the tie with a goal in the 90th minute. Retrô however scored an equalizer in the fifth minute of stoppage time and then went on to knock us out on penalties.

There are positives and negatives to the elimination. Missing out on R$1.5M participation money is not great for the club, but having to play 8 games less in the next couple of months will keep us fresher for the State Championship, which is the ultimate goal.

2043 Campeonato Paraibano Preview

image.png.726be80a70e122c256df848c18b41ded.png

Onto the second attempt at this and the roles have been reversed with Botafogo (PB), with them now in Série B and us a Série A side and now favorites for the title. We did get the easier draw as they have Treze in their group, the only other side in the State not in the Seletiva, but realistically it will be easy for both of us until the final. We will hopefully have the advantage of fresher legs when we get there without the additional Copa do Nordeste games.

Transfers

I really struggled to find players that would add quality to our squad and that we can afford or are interested in us. We lost out on a couple of free transfers to other Série A teams and the R$2M transfer budget we have is not really enough to get the required quality in. We did however manage to make two signings.

Franco Cardozo

image.png.aa889c30daa079ab53e79beebec90921.png

I took a gamble on singing him ahead of his contract expiry without really scouting him and it didnt really pay off. Great physicals but terrible defending attributes, Nevertheless still better than playing a makeshift midfielder as right back.

Léo

image.png.9bd28e7ddeacc5ee48aece95ac9665c3.png

I liked the look of him and he was available on a free from Fluminense so took the plunge. He will be our first choice in a position where we now have too many players so either Ricardo Yarak or Osvaldo Vásquez will have to go.

Initial Fixtures

image.png.968fd5d6bbf7c5657c1d3b0cb5cde259.png

Even without the Copa do Nordeste it is a busy month, but manageable especially as the competition will be weak.

Thanks Bitner but unfortunately I have to report that this save has ended…I had an issue where the game was running really slowly, including any new saves saves that I started.
I tried several things and after uninstalling and installing the game it is finally back to normal speed.

Issue now is that the the save crashes every time I try to load it, despite all the folders being exactly the same before uninstalling.

To say I am gutted would be an understatement :(

It sucks to miss the first Brasilerao campaign, but maybe you could keep going with a fresh save?

It would not be less of an accomplishment, but I can understand if your heart is not into it.

Great journey.

Hey mate, I've only been lurking in this thread and maybe thrown in an upvote here or there, but now that this unfortunate end has come I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about your save. Seeing how much time and effort you put into things like the state profiles, club profiles, and Brazil reviews put a smile on my face and reminded me of the things I love about FM and FMCU. You did such a fantastic job wherever you went, and I have absolutely no doubt you would have reached the finish line had you been able to keep going. Technical issues are the worst way for a save to go, no question, so please take however much time you need.

If and when you do come back with another save I will be behind you 100%, hopefully more actively than I was here. This save has been one of the best I've read in a while and I can tell that you and the other people commenting here loved it too. Best of luck for the future and I hope to see you again :).

12 hours ago, zethani said:

It sucks to miss the first Brasilerao campaign, but maybe you could keep going with a fresh save?

It would not be less of an accomplishment, but I can understand if your heart is not into it.

Great journey.

5 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Hey mate, I've only been lurking in this thread and maybe thrown in an upvote here or there, but now that this unfortunate end has come I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about your save. Seeing how much time and effort you put into things like the state profiles, club profiles, and Brazil reviews put a smile on my face and reminded me of the things I love about FM and FMCU. You did such a fantastic job wherever you went, and I have absolutely no doubt you would have reached the finish line had you been able to keep going. Technical issues are the worst way for a save to go, no question, so please take however much time you need.

If and when you do come back with another save I will be behind you 100%, hopefully more actively than I was here. This save has been one of the best I've read in a while and I can tell that you and the other people commenting here loved it too. Best of luck for the future and I hope to see you again :).

Thank you guys, really appreciate the feedback!

I was thinking that I would just do one of the challenges in the CSE Forum as my next save, but realized that part of my enjoyment in this save was being able to showcase a little bit about each State and the football history there. I do think I need a break from Brazil and South America though - I do want to attempt this save again at some point, but probably need a couple of saves in between to re-ignite my spark for it.

I have an idea in a different continent, somewhere I also have personal ties to, hopefully I can start with it at some pint this week. Again, appreciate the feedback and hope to have you onboard for the next challenge :)

• corinthiano changed the title to [FM22] State Hunter - Gotta Catch 'Em All (Save ended due to technical issues)