[FM22] State Hunter - Gotta Catch 'Em All: 2nd ticked off - 25 to go!

corinthiano

2024 Season Review

image.png.490aa3a3bc6b0996cffabce5ad7d992b.png

image.png.0dc3ba59c282530983843805bd9928b3.png

image.png.42d196bfa80a4afacfff2df967b84786.png

Ultimately I am little disappointed this season, we really should have been promoted to the top Rondônia State tier this year, if you look at how Real Ariquemes performed in the Seletiva it really highlights we should have beaten them in the 2nd State tier. However we are slowly building a side that can compete with the better sides in the State. We are not at the level of the top sides, but are increasingly more competitive and have a relatively young side that will only improve next season.

Top Performers

Hélio Júnior

image.png.a3fd4fdeea4d3d616cb3aa82d70d663d.png

Started the year in the Mezzala role, moved into the AP role and finished the year as our DLF up front. So versatile and can still improve, just a shame his personality isnt the the best.

Édson Gomes

image.png.5159f9eadf0ff16a048315def6c04e7d.png

Brought in at the start of the year, really solid midfielder.

Vinicius Pereira

image.png.9202220bee2d32d1c210b8529daf553b.png

Not as deadly in front of goal as I would like, but he is improving so much that I have faith he will have a bigger impact next year.

Finances

image.png.2bb7b7a52be6be51f9791ee3e96995a6.png

The R$15M investment the president put in the club helped a lot, but we will have burned it off by the end of next year, despite me not going crazy on transfers. I have R$5M transfer budget next year that I dont intend to use, but the R$70k p/m wage budget increase to R$290 p/m will be very handy.

Our next game will probably be around February time, so I'll look to do a Season Preview before that,

2024 Brazil Review

Série A: It was Grêmio, Palmeiras and Flamengo fighting for the title again, but this time Grêmio came out on top to win their 3rd title and first since 1996. CRB and Atlético Goianiense go straight back down alongside the rivals from Paraná State Coritiba and Athletico Paranaense. Some big names are coming up from Série B for next season as Cruzeiro finally make their return after being relegated in 2019 and are prmoted alongside Vasco, Botafogo and Goiás.

image.png.02b94fae8c3ef4197b8643e3eb8f6618.png

State Championships (in Ranking order)

1. São Paulo: Big shock as we have an unfancied final with Ponte Preta beating Ferroviária (SP) to win their first title and become ineligible for me to take over. Corinthians are still record holders at 30.

2. Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo get their revenge on Fluminense, beating them to win record holding title number 38.

3. Rio Grande do Sul: Grêmio make it 7 in a row to win title number 43, now just two short of Internacional's 45, who didnt even make the final.

4. Minas Gerais: Cruzeiro win their first title since 2019 to win no. 40, 8 behind rivals Atlético Mineiro with 48 titles. 

5. Paraná: Coritiba win their first title since 2017 to extend their record holding number to 39.

6. Santa Catarina: Chapecoense beat Joinville to win their 9th titlebut are still behind record holders Figueirense who have 19.

7. Ceará: Fortaleza beat Ceará in the final again to win their 46th title and tie with their rivals for number of State Championships.

8. Goiás: Goiás beat surprise package Anapolina to extend their lead to 13 with title number 29.

9. Bahia: Vitória surprisingly miss out on the final with Bahia beating Bahia de Feira to win a record extending 52nd title.

10. Pernambuco: Sport beat rivals Náutico in the final for the third year in a row to consolidate their record at 45 titles.

11. Alagoas: CSA beat CRB title no. 42 and extend the gap to their rivals to 10 titles. 

12. Mato GrossoCuiabá won their 13th title and 4th in a row, but are still way behind Mixto (MT) with 24.

13. Pará: Remo win their third title in a row to make it 49 and equal their rivals Paysandu on number of titles.

14. Maranhão: Sampaio Correa win their record holding 37th title by winning both stages of the Championship.

15. Rio Grande do Norte: ABC claim title number 58, extending their record number of wins.

16. Paraíba: Record holders Botafogo (PB) beat Campinense in the final to win their 32nd title.

17. Sergipe: Confiança (SE) make it three in a row to claim their 24th title, but are still way behind the runners-up record of 36.

18. Amazonas: Record holders Nacional (AM) beat Rio Negor (AM) to win title number 45.

19. Piauí: Piauí win their 6th title and first since 1985. River (PI) are still by far record holders with 31.

20. Acre: Vasco beat Atlético Acreano in the final to claim their 4th title, Rio Branco (AC) are still comfortably the biggest winners with 32.

21. Distrito Federal: Brasiliense beat rivals Gama to claim their 12th and go within one of Gama's record of 13.

22. Espírito Santo: Rio Branco (ES) beat Rio Branco VN to win title number 38 and extend their lead at the top.

23. Roraima: Náutico (RR) beat Atlético Roraima to claim their 3rd, the losing finalists still have the most titles at 19.

24. Tocantins: Interporto beat Tocantinópolis to claim their 6th, three behind record holder Palmas with 9.

25. Mato Grosso do Sul: Operário (MS) won their third title in a row and 14th overall to consolidate their position as biggest winner.

26. Rondônia: Porto Velho beat Genus to claim their 3rd title, with Ferroviário (RO) the record holders at 17 despite not existing anymore.

27. Amapá: Ypiranga (AP) beat Trem in the final to win their first title since 2020 and 11th in total, Macapá are still record holders with 17

Former Club Watch

Tapajós (AP): Had a disappointing season, finishing fourth in the State Championship before losing to Trem in the Semi-Finals. With Santos (AP), Ypiranga (AP) and Trem all in Série D they were favorites to win the Seletiva in Amapá, but only finished third behind Santana (AP) and Macapá, teams they comfortably beat only 18 months ago.

By winning the State Championship last year they also entered the Brazilian Cup aka Copa do Brasil, but lost in the first round to ASA. They also entered the regional Copa Verde, which is a tournament for teams in the North and Midwest teams of Brazil. Here they also lost in the first round, this time to Operário (MS).

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

2025 Season Preview

image.png.cdb9471ff780502da9f75cc348491597.png

The board continue to be very unambitious and just want to see us off the bottom of both the Seletiva and 2nd tier of the State Championship. I however have much higher expectations. We need to win the Rondoniense 2nd tier and close the gap to the top teams in the Seletiva. Rondoniense came back down from Serie D and we havent played them, hopefully they are not as storng as União Cacoalense and we can finish in the top 3.

We got a nice little wage budget bump and I also released 10 players which means we have a healthy R$100k left in the wage budget, which could get us around 10 players. I have already made some signings not included in this number that have added quality to the squad.

Wallace

image.png.21cea7bb1500882170f04afb2ebfeedb.png

Our new Target Forward for the season, I felt he was stronger than Nikimba.

Thiago Ferri

image.png.4b2ef27e6725c3f186588cd6c10e6079.png

Young but significantly better than Alarcon at our right back. Can cover in central defence too if needed

Laerte

image.png.410903d4bce7771559f5283ee2c7e841.png

Comes in as a squad option as we released Rony, although I could see him challenging for the first team if he develops well.

Initial Fixtures

image.png.3d0b47238ef911d00aa58445d4e50459.png

We start with a potential tricky game against Vilhena, although they are close to administration and have sold a lot of their players. The big test will come at the end of February when we play Barcelona (RO) away as they should be our main rivals for promotion.

Edited by corinthiano

February 2025

image.png.ceb4352a8238d81a7ee47409d34e81b1.png

image.png.883e7bc02a7be0fee96d5ffdd2e92ee1.png

We started off our campaign with two solid wins before a frustrating draw against Vilhenense, who are becoming our bogey team. We more than made up for it with an absolute trashing of Barcelona (RO) away from home. Surprisingly they have been off the pace and Guajará have been our main competition so far, which seems to be accurate from the predictions below. We play them at home next and can really set the pace with a win. I do feel the team is playing really good football, Thiago Ferri at right back has been immense and Vinicius Pereira started the season in good goal scoring form. If we keep this up I am comfortable of securing the title and promotion to the top tier in Rondônia.

image.png.cd9ccca1f076ec106007ff051be39dc0.png

Posted (edited)

March/April 2025

image.png.107a5ccc7e6e53f046e1f38fc84484c7.png

image.png.1a73de347169ce7d8db044c5e51bfdc6.png

image.png.1d6d7e7e6687c1c4f0f77f9b0db0148c.png

image.png.52e945225de0c81beb84198efa912374.png

We earned ourselves a spot in the top Rondonia tier at the second time of asking, but we did it the hard way. Guajará held us at home which meant we were still level on points, but Pimentense ahead on goal difference, which meant playing for a draw against them in the last day if we managed to win all our games up until then. However Vilhenense, who I now despise, managed to hold us to a draw again, which meant that after beating Barcelona (RO) we had to beat Guajará at their place to win the league.

We also had to do it without our starting centre back Ricardo Silva who was suspended and our front two of Vinicius Pereira and Laerte werent. We shouldnt have worried though as Hélio Junior and Wallace came into their places and scored one each to ensure a relatively comfortable win and access to the top Rondonia tier next year! Now we will work on improving the squad during the Seletiva so we can have a crack at completing Rondonia next season.

Meanwhile in the top tier Genus were solid in the league stage and comfortably beat Porto Velho and União Cacoalense en route to their third rondonia title. Lets hopw we can take it off them next year!

image.png

image.png.7b0b558a13fdf5295cfa12fc83e9b154.png

Edited by corinthiano

2025 Seletiva Série D - Rondônia Preview

image.png.1b0a40b339cb7d091155a797138a3637.png

The media have us down at 4th favorites and that is probably a fair assessment considering we were some way off Genus and Porto Velho last season. Rondoniense is the only team in the State we have not played yet so will be interesting to see how strong they are. With Rondoniense being relegated from Série D last season, last years Seletiva winners União Cacoalense are the only representative from Rondônia in the 4th tier.

I made three new signings in the break between State Championship and Seletiva to improve the squad.

Tagarela

image.png.245c8aa5f4231cb7305560e30f70327a.png

Is young and a solid option for us in the Mezzala role.

Daniel

image.png.4ca7baa70d2db048fd47dce47e4766d1.png

I was looking for a decent Ball Playing Defender but really struggled to find anything, so have instead signed Daniel as our right back and will shift Thiago Ferri to the middle as he is well suited to play in the role.

Kennerson

image.png.dca6857b1fe1710fa1cd16d5df2c7b51.png

I have been playing two defensive midfielders as centre back so really needed to fix this area of the team. I really like the look of Kennerson, Mental attributes could be a little better and he is not strong, but other than that he seems to be a solid player.

First Fixtures

image.png.9fec808d26e0a279bfc5fad354871679.png

We are not playing any of the big three in the first month so I would like 7-9 points to get us off to a good start. Ji-Paraná could be our competition for 4th place so a win against them would be very handy.

May 2025

image.png.1c76aff1ab355ec5fb895b66ff691d79.png

image.png.6ea788d95c9a909f732f42a5886ff8fa.png

It has not been a smooth start to the Seletiva but we got the 7 points I was aiming for. The game against Vilhena was a very frustrating start with Wallace missing a penalty and having two goals disallowed in the last 10 mins. We were solid against Ji-Paraná but poor against Guaporé. They went ahead in the first half and it took us a long time to get the equalizer. Vinicius Pereira has not been in great form, missing quite a few sitters, but he belted a beauty from outside the area right at the death to seal the win and put us up in 3rd place. Genus have made a slow start but Porto Velho and Rondoniense are above us as expected.

We play Real Ariquemes, Guajará and Barcelona (RO) before ending the month away at Porto Velho. Hopefully we can pick up plenty of points and be within touching distance of Porto Velho when we play them.

As always we keep improving the squad during the season, so I signed Gabriel Vinicius on a free this month. He can play as DLP or Carrillero and will be starting for us.

image.png.3e12ca81ae21d826771d26113570ace0.png

June 2025

image.png.b4a82ef5aa884d2d3fbaca8bce194b8b.png

image.png.b4562b5f83420a848f61220e08e68ef0.png

A very mixed month, two solid home wins and two disappointing away defeats. The Guajará result was my fault as I pushed the team to score a winner, when we should have been a bit more cautious and settled for a draw. The Porto Velho result was very disappointing as it shows we are still nowhere near the top teams. I am going to have to think of a different game plan for these games otherwise the State Championship next year will be a disaster.

In terms of the team there were no incomings this month, but we did let Alarcon go. He was the first right back we signed when I first took over 2 years ago, with Thiago Ferri and Daniel joining he was simply surplus to requirements and I was happy to let him leave.

image.png.56a31c929b957a149bb304f17875fb82.png

July 2025

image.png.999c069af164f450bea2f8ef5fc9073c.png

image.png.b09d0428cbf1e3daca4dc5477769e378.png

A mixed month again started with a draw against Genus, who are not as good as last season but still someone we typically would have been outclassed again so it was an improvement. We finally beat our bogey team Vilhenense pretty comfortably but lost a frustrating game against their rivals after being 1-0 up at half time.

I still feel comfortable we will finish at least 4th but its frustrating to drop points against teams that we know we should beat. I have been adding a few players to the side so I think that contributes to it and to be fair, if it means we are a better and more cohesive team by the time we play the State Championship then I am OK dropping a few points.

We signed a few players this month again, two loans and a free transfer. The first loan is just a back up now that Alarcon is gone, but the other two should be playing quite a bit.

John Egito

image.png.04d3c396d678ead359a2c6dea1c969cc.png

He is well suited to the Carrilero role and is significantly better than my other players on set pieces, so a worthy addition. I do need to clear some midfielders now as we seem to have too many options.

Geovane Silva

image.png.b09bf070f045878e9614dc061ddac568.png

Brough him in on loan as a back up but turns out he is a good BPD so will be getting game time and maybe even signed on at the end of the year.

August 2025

image.png.9c8fe734d07226075e47070fc7904dc4.png

image.png.f13edf7d9072b6caba0bc5d3a4e3aeb0.png

August started the same way July ended, not great. To be fair we played well against Rondoniense and were even until the 60th minute, after which we went all in for an equalizer and conceded a second in stoppage time as a result of it. The game against Ji-Paraná was very disappointing though, we were second best to a team we should really be beating. I do feel all the new signings caused the side to lose cohesion and results were impacted as a result.

Luckily we had a couple of easier games coming up against Guaporé and Real Ariquemes to give us some confidence back before absolutely outclassing Guajará to take 4th place away from them. Vinicius Pereira was sublime in these last three games but I am still on the fence with him. He misses so many sitters and is caught offside so often that I want to bench him, but then he goes and scores absolute belters out of nowhere it is almost as if he only scores when he should not be!

Not as confident about keeping my 4th place though, even though we are 3 points ahead 3 out of our last 5 games are against the top 3 and with our record against them we will be lucky to pick up points.

I have of course made more signings :D

Brunão

image.png.7123d281e1cb3de3eccd4f1bb2f7d0bd.png

Kinda regret this one already - he is a lot better than Wallace or Laerte on paper but I dont think big slow Target Forwards are that well suited to us, the way the role has worked well in this formation in the past has been with smaller forwards with the ball played into their feet. His contract only goes until the end of the season so might just let that expire.

Gabriel Busnardo

image.png.4ee73feea2244a92bd4f777894c01396.png

Left back has been our weakest position for a while but I just cannot find the right quality. Gabriel is not much of an upgrade but we needed coverage anyway so went ahead and signed him

I did also let a couple of players go though, Patrick Felgueiras was our best midfielder and vice-captain when I joined, but barely got a look now, so off he went along with youth product Rafael Henrique, a versatile defender that was never going to make it in the team.

In other new I bagged another coaching license and got the board to agree to send me a course for the Continental B one. Great to get these in now as I am sure we will not have any money left next season.

image.png.b1fd8277bf14aa813f08f762933d5cc5.png

September 2025

image.png.eda3f0ab02fa5ea8bd31e0262adff16c.png

image.png.f82d5c4f196d00f95fbed1de6c5c0077.png

We started the month with a solid win over Barcelona (RO) before our best performance since I took over, completely outplaying Porto Velho and more than avenging the 5-1 drubbing they gave us earlier in the season. As pleasing as it was I still have not figured out how to play these bigger teams away from home. I went for the Fluid Counter Attack and we just were not great against Genus and I am not happy with how we go forward as a team.

I have Rondoniense away coming up in October and will try to tone down the pressing and go more conservative with the roles to see how that plays out. Before that we play Vilhenense at home, so hopefully we get 3-4 points in our last two games to consolidate 4th place.

In what may seem a shock move I did (technically) not make any signings this month, other than get Geovane Silva on a free after he impressed on loan. He will join us at the end of December.

October 2025

image.png.259b2e8d520cf755daeb01e2069b8814.png

image.png.f28b944e63b1275adc003b4cc9c7883e.png

The end of the season could not have gone better. We brushed past Vilhenense at home, which was expected. But the we finished off the campaign by convincingly beating champions Rondoniense at their place. I made some tactical changes to make us a little bit more solid defensively, I dont know if they worked or if Rodoniense had an off day but I will keep them.

image.png.92c18af1ce33793e1244f99c41170dde.pngimage.png.1c87da9330c7fd37c3ba052532202587.png

At the top is my usual formation, which as you can see is pretty attacking. We are pretty good going forward so I didnt want to mess with that too much. I essentially stopped us from pressing and defended deeper. We keep possession well with the ball but stop trying to win it back relentlessly, which means less opportunities for the opposition to exploit a whole. I also picked some more defensive roles to go with that approach, turning our Wing-Back into Full-Backs and playing a Box to Box Midfielder that helps more defensively instead of a Mezzala.

Another change I made on both tactics was to go with a DLF up front as I felt it gave us more mobility. You will see I made yet another singing, this time because I didnt have a good enough DLF - Vinicius comes in as the solution to that and I will release Brunão at the end of the year.

image.png.f96d586941ba9ab75de7324ac1adfe63.png

I will wait for the season to officially finish before doing a quick season review and then we will have our first shot at winning the State title in Rondônia!

Posted (edited)

2025 Season Review

image.png.234d992083d57a2103692c4dc23401bb.png

Squad by Appearances

image.png.1fd2e80e676e7e9f3c3e0a5acde3493a.png

Best Eleven

image.png.a31793447fc9af4266336c466f7db105.png

After the disappointment of last season I am glad we stepped up and seem to be moving in the right direction. At one point I feared we would be stuck in the 2nd tier of the State Championship again but we won the decider away from home against Guajará convincingly. In the Seletiva we got 8 more points than last season, finished a place higher and closed the gap to 1st place from a massive 23 points to just 8. More importantly we started getting results against the top teams, thrashing Porto Velho at home 6-1 and beating champions Rondoniense 4-2 convincingly at their place. This makes me very hopeful for the State Championship next year.

Top Performers

Vinicius Pereira

image.png.52f39ffc822d65d3d959c8f57b1d6d13.png

Frustrates me at times with the number of chances he misses, but you really cannot argue too much with 22 goals in 27 appearances. Still young at 22, will spearhead our attack next season too.

Whallyson

image.png.bfe7f7198fa64f5d936d2809b5aa6d0a.png

Such an important part of our attack, either as Mezzala or Advanced Playmaker.

Thiago Ferri

image.png.d06617c7326c1ef5869e98d098a960c4.png

I could have picked one of the midfielders that joined us half way through the season like Tagarela or John Egito, but Thiago Ferri has had a remarkable season considering he is just 19. Played every game and has been consistently good.

Finances

image.png.d3eef8ec0105f829010aecb4f886c299.png

As predicted the money has run out, I will probably need to keep a leaner and more settled squad next year, unless the president has another R$15M in his pocket :D

Next I will do a summary of the 2025 national and state champions before we look ahead to the State Championship in early February.

EDIT - Literally as I post about the finances the president comes with an increase of R$90k to our wage budget...he either does have a lot of money in his pocket or is just choosing to ignore the massive debt we will embark on in 2026 :D

image.png.2529b983723c9fc7ac971090f55b7b5b.png

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

2025 Brazil Review

Série A: Flamengo were ahead all season and deservedly win their 10th title and are now 1 behind Palmeiras record of 11. Fortaleza deserve a mention as they finish an impressive third. They finished 5th IRL this season and managed the best season of team from the Northeast of Brazil since the move to play in a league vs championship format in 2003, so nice to see them eclipse that in FM. Botafogo are the only side that go straight back down, unfancied Mirassol end their two year stay in Série A and Sport and Cuiabá go along with them. Athletico Paranaense come straight back up from Série B as champions, along with Náutico, Ponte Preta and Brasil de Pelotas, who make their 5th appearance at this level and first time since 1985 when they finished an impressive 3rd. Brazil championship rules were weird and inconsistent back in in the 80s so they were not invited back in 1986 and never managed to return to the top flight.

image.png.52fa5eb8724a98df6d7b34b2c908b2a5.png

1. São Paulo: A return to normalcy as Palmeiras are the first traditional big four team in the State to win a title since 2021. They now have 24 titles and move within 6 of Corinthians record of 30.

2. Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo beat Vasco in the final to make it two in a row and win record holding title number 39.

3. Rio Grande do Sul: Grêmio beat rivals Internacional in the final to make it 8 in a row and win title number 44, now just one short of Internacional's 45.

4. Minas Gerais: Atlético Mineiro win the title back from Cruzeiro to make it 49 and increase the gap to the rivals to 9. 

5. Paraná: Coritiba make it two in a row to extend their record holding number to 40.

6. Santa Catarina: Chapecoense win their second title in a row and 10th overallbut are still behind record holders Figueirense who have 19.

7. Ceará: Fortaleza beat Ceará in the final for the third consecutive year to win their 47th title and go one ahead of their rivals for number of State Championships.

8. Goiás: Goiás win for a third time in a row to win a record extending 30th title.

9. Bahia: Vitória make up from the disappointment of not making the final last year to beat Bahia and win their 31st title, but Bahia are still way ahead on 52.

10. Pernambuco: Sport make it four in a row to consolidate their record at 46 titles.

11. Alagoas: CRB get revenge on CSA to win title no. 33 and close the gap to their rivals to 9 titles again, with CSA having won 42. 

12. Mato GrossoCuiabá won their 14th title and 5th in a row and are now 10 behind record holders Mixto (MT) with 24.

13. Pará: Paysandu finally win a title after Remo's three in a row and go ahead by one title again with number 50.

14. Maranhão: Sampaio Correa win their record holding 38th title by beating Imperatriz in the final.

15. Rio Grande do Norte: America (RN) win their 34th title by beating rivals ABC , who still are way ahead on 58.

16. Paraíba: Treze win their 17th title and first since 2020, record holders Botafogo (PB) have 32.

17. Sergipe: Confiança (SE) make it four in a row to claim their 25th title, but are still way behind Sergipe at 36.

18. Amazonas: Amazonas FC win their second title in 3 years and 2nd title overall. Record holders Nacional (AM) have 45.

19. Piauí: Record holders River (PI) win their first title since 2017 to make it 32 in total.

20. Acre: Vasco make it two in a row to win their 5th title, Rio Branco (AC) are still comfortably the biggest winners with 32.

21. Distrito Federal: Brasiliense make it 4 in 5 years to claim their 13th title and equal Gama's record of 13.

22. Espírito Santo: Desportiva beat Estrela do Norte to win their 20th title, but are still a long way behind Rio Branco (ES) on 38.

23. Roraima: Atlético Roraima get revenge on Náutico (RR), beating them in the final and winning a record holding 20th title.

24. Tocantins: Interporto make it two in a row to claim their 7th title and are now two behind record holder Palmas with 9.

25. Mato Grosso do Sul: After finishing runners-up 4 times, Aquidanauense finally win their 1st title and are unfortunately now unavailable to manage in this save. Operário (MS) are record holders with 14.

26. Rondônia: Genus beat União Cacoalense to claim their 3rd title, with Ferroviário (RO) the record holders at 17 despite not existing anymore.

27. Amapá: Santos (AP) beat Ypiranga (AP) in the final to win their 8th title, Macapá are still record holders with 17

Former Club Watch

Tapajós (AP): Another mediocre season. They missed out on the State Championship Semi Finals on goal difference and finished 5th. In the Seletiva they finished third again, a long way behind champions Ypiranga (AP).

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

2026 Season Preview

image.png.a2af1c93827307a3863052ea34ae4298.png

The board have the same requirement in the Seletiva which I think is fair and realistic. União Cacoalense have come back down to the Seletiva, so we still have them Genus and Porto Velho as the bigger sides in the competition and I want to be a lot more competitive this season. In the State Championship I think we are one of the least favorites but it is such a short competition that anything could happen.

image.png.baa97fa9c8fe156f23a6d7d1e02282ea.png

Each team only play each other once, which means that after 5 games you either make the semi finals or could be relegated. The Semi Finals and FInal are two legged, no away goals and penalties if scores are level after 90 minutes of the second leg. We did not get lucky with the fixture draw and will be playing 3 away games.

image.png.437288b9c9e6a6906b90a651d81c0dc8.png

Not only that but we play the big four teams first before ending the first stage away to who could be our relegation rivals. We really need to get 1-2 results from the tough games, even if they are draws, to be in a better position in the last game. The line between Semi-Final and Relegation is very thin here.

I made a couple of signings to bolster the squad after releasing 10 players at the end of last season, but didnt go crazy, adding 2 players at the back and one midfielder.

Jean

image.png.b336f98fc89a2c5716f60017d3b0f34f.png

I have been thinking about playing Jean Ferri as BPD as he seems more suited than at right back and Jean might allow me to do that. He is not outstanding but has decent attributes across the board for this level.

Bruno

image.png.6511152ec5468b2f95534d2178a6a5c7.png

We were left a little bit short at centre back with all the players I released and Bruno provides good coverage and has decent potential. Interestingly he was signed by Tapajós (AP) a few months after I left them and was released over the summer.

Deleon

image.png.0ab1c41a48e62e558766a93074c57519.png

Another good young player that provides good depth, this time in midfield - primarily the AP role.

Seeing as the first phase of the State Championship is so short my next update will be after that is done, lets see how we measure up to the States best!

Edited by corinthiano

Rondônia State Championship - First Stage

image.png.bf2b5f0a6d1b1c2614c978b55f8ec3d3.png

image.png.551f3a3e62343b5a678d25344a41a67f.png

I thought we could be competitive this year, I didnt think we could be that competitive! We completely played União Cacoalense off the park for our first ever win against them under my leadership. Against Rondoniense I actually felt we could get more as they had a player sent off in the second half, but I was happy with the point. Against Genus it was a more composed victory, we scored late in the second half and the game was pretty even at that point. In the second half we retained the ball well and Genus hardly had a sniff at goal

We then were really resilient against Porto Velho. We conceded a penalty in the third minute which could have sent us on a downward spiral, but kept our heads cool and turned the game around before half time. We then completely outclassed Ji-Paraná in the last game, we were up 6-0 so it was not great to concede three goals in the last 20 mins, but luckily that doesnt impact anything. Despite the loss Ji-Paraná stayed up which was another big surprise of the tournament. They conceded a whopping 22 goals in 5 matches, but beat Porto Velho 2-1 in the game that mattered. Porto Velho won the State Championship as recently as 2024 and will now have to play in the second tier!

We play União Cacoalense in the Semi-Final, but disappointingly we play the first leg at home. Most likely an error in the database but hopefully we can repeat the First Stage performance to give us a nice advantage for the second leg.

Semi Final Second Leg

image.png.089f2f7d8c197258e038e49b6ee52fad.png

This was so intense! I feared the worst when we conceded from a corner right at the beginning of the game but we settled our nerves and equalized in the first half on a great counter. We were the better team in the beginning of the second half but União Cacoalense kept pegging us back to stay in the game. After they equalized in the 80th minute we were on the back foot for the rest of the game but somehow managed to stay ahead. With one minute more than the 4 mins the ref gave as stoppage time they smashed the bar with a shot from outside the area and Ruan Carlos scored on the rebound. To my absolute relief it was disallowed and the ref blew the final whistle!

What a game and we are in the Final for only the second time in the clubs history! Last years champion Genus beat Rondoniense 4-2 in the other Semi Final and it will certainly be a tough final. We will play the second leg away from home again which isnt ideal but hopefully we can go into it with a lead again.

Final First Leg

image.png.69a0e41073638c0ec9aab57840da4fba.png

A close game with a penalty for each side. If we are to win we have to do it the hard way, beating Genus at their place or drawing and going to the lottery of penalties. Bizarrely the Second Leg is 3 weeks away so have scheduled a couple of friendlies to keep us match fit.

Final Second Leg

image.png.af46c63a89a55237b3a58fe27004cc09.png

image.png.2df07f1f151de6daf83eb16db25aed9e.png

image.png.17946691f101737d4603e51217e95a50.png

Good thing this is my last match at Pimentense, much more than this and I would have a heart attack. We started the match terribly and were down 2-0 after 20 mins at which point I thought the title was gone so I went all out on attack out of pure desperation and we somehow managed to pull two back within 15 mins! We then went into the second half with a positive approach and managed to take the lead, but unfortunately could not hold on to it. In stoppage time their start striker Gabriel Morando went one on one with our keeper and missed in what was a huge let off.

During penalties everyone scored until their last taker shot it straight at their keeper. Édson Gomes then decided to make things fun and also shot it straight at their keeper but somehow the ball went in and we were champions!

It is way past my bedtime so tomorrow I will do a proper review on my time with Pimentense before introducing the next State - Mato Grosso do Sul

Rondônia State Championship Review

image.png.c6d6f66f7548f5c8d34be5b093b57782.png

image.png.845796b6244a8cd85cd5b884398d8787.png

An unbeaten campaign were we out played the stronger sides in the First Stage and scraped through the Knockouts to win a somewhat surprising title. I thought realistically we would only have a shot next year but the team really stepped up.

image.png.cf3e26d92520f6bc5e96bd237b9c7058.png

Only nine games but you can see from the average rating the players did really well. Vinicius Pereira was top scorer with 10 goals in 9 games and was also elected the competitions best player ahead of John Egito, who claimed best goal of the tournament. To round it all off Deleon won best young player and I won manager of the tournament, cannot get more comprehensive than that.

image.png.982c219356e36020f1210b3b7c01942e.png

image.png.54489ad72dc700f8fb85b8e4bf2dba13.png

So after nearly three years we finally tick off State number two off the list. This was definitely a bit harder as the gap between teams was bigger than Amapá, but I enjoyed building up the Pimentense over these season. Next up we will move away from the North region into the Midwest in Mato Grosso do Sul.

image.thumb.png.2aba245dd07fd25523edba300add9c25.png

image.png.9b949166fcaf3a4647e823123013fbc4.png

• corinthiano changed the title to [FM22] State Hunter - Gotta Catch 'Em All: 2nd ticked off - 25 to go!
Posted (edited)

Chapter 3 - Mato Grosso do Sul

image.png.c551feb095f539227dd785f77a84358d.png

image.png.f12c8b6e3be3e097dd0a8fae07b05b4b.pngimage.jpeg.dd503720caaa438c0f4ce411cbea0b72.jpeg

Mato Grosso do Sul, translated into English as Southern Thick Bush, is a State in the Midwest Region of Brazil, bordering the States of Mato Grosso, Goiás, Minas Gerais, São Paulo and Paraná, as well as the countries of Bolivia and Paraguay. It is the 6th largest State in Brazil by Area (and comparable in size to Germany), but only the 21st by population with around 2.8M inhabitants. It officially became as State at the end of 1977 when it was separated from its northern neighbor Mato Grosso. There had been movements since the 20th century to form a separate state but only in the 70s was that put into place, with the federal government alleging that it made sense due to the large area of the single Mato Grosso state, as well as the variety in natural habitats.

The capital Campo Grande is by far the biggest city with around 900 thousand inhabitants, with Dourados, Três Lagoas and Corumbá being the other cities with a population of over 100 thousand.

The economy runs on Agriculture and Cattle Raising but it is also well known due to the Pantanal region and the area surrounding Bonit, both attracting plenty of tourists. The city of Bonito and its surrounding area are known for its prehistoric caves and natural rivers and waterfalls, including the Blue Lake pictured below.

Bonito - MS | Around the worlds, Places to visit, Brazil travel

Football in Mato Grosso do Sul

From a football perspective the State Championship is relatively new, with the first edition being played in 1979, with the clubs playing in the Mato Grosso State Championship before that. I was surprised that the State is so far down the list as historically, back in the 70s and 80s, their teams did well in national tournaments, although recent results have not been great. Unsurprisingly two teams from the capital are the largest ones - Operário (MS) and Comercial (MS). Operário are hiostorically the most succesful, having played 10 times in the top tier, finishing third in 1977, whilst having a record of 11 State Championships. In game they have extended this record by winning an additional three titles, but lesser traditional sides have won the last two - Aquidanauense and Costa Rica (MS).

image.png.18c56a125d030dc8d47a93a6ce14dd96.png

There are a few more clubs here than in Amapá or Rondônia, with 20 teams split into two 10 team State Divisions. In the national structure 19 of the 20 play in the fifth tier Seletiva and only one is in Série D and usually is relegated back down straightaway. In terms of clubs that have not won a State Championship and are eligible for me to take over there were a few but not many that play in the top tier in the State. The one I managed to get a job with was one of those but unfortunately were relegated this year....

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

Sociedade Esportiva Pontaporanense

19401029.png.9febb3349a1d35c54ef2a42e4a3ceca5.png

image.png.e0edf1abf72d023d0f616259a913a958.png

image.png.a3a3dbf9f21c675de5f59e60f0bed220.png

image.png.44fe5ca2fb4345367e041f27a9cd6434.png

Pontaporanense is a team from the city of Ponta Porã, which is a border town with Paraguay and has 95 thousand inhabitants. It was founded in 1953 as Clube Comercial, before changing its name to Sociedade Esportiva Pontaporanense in 1991. It plays its games at Estádio Aral Moreira, which holds 5.000 people and does not look to great.

Em Ponta Porã, promotoria libera o estádio Aral Moreira para jogo - Ponta  Porã Informa - Notícias de Ponta Porã - MS e Pedro Juan Caballero - PY

The only title they have won in their history is the Mato Grosso Série B in 2019 but in game they enjoyed a few good years, being promoted to the top tier in 2023 and finishing runners-up in the State Championship and Seletiva in 2024. Unfortunately they had a pretty poor 2026, being relegated back down to the second tier of the State and only finishing 7th in their group of the Seletiva.

image.png.7f748389531418ffaacea2b578bb214d.png

image.png.1d5d5ffc8de90786fc2e6f13d783b217.png

The club is in financial difficulty (just like 90% of the clubs in the State), with a debt of R$1.3M. I have been given a tiny wage budget of R$90k p/m, but the league will reset in a a few weeks so will see what the budget really will be. I hope it goes up a bit as we are R$30k over it as it stands...

I will do a 2026 review of Serie A and the State Championships before we dive into the Mato Grosso do Sul Serie B!

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

2026 Brazil Review

Série A: São Paulo win hard fought title to claim their first since 2008 and 7th overall and are now 4 behind record holders and rivals Palmeiras. Athletico Paranaense and Brasil de Pelotas go straight back down along with Mans Gerais State pair América (MG) and Cruzeiro. There was a strong performance from Northeast teams in Série B, with Bahia, Sport and CRB promoted. Cuiabá come straight back up again to complete the promotions.

image.png.b3d574e039e4c0132ab0a6862dec32c9.png

1. São Paulo: Santos beat RB Bragantino to win their first title since 2016 and 23rd overall. They now have move within 7 of Corinthians record of 30.

2. Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo beat Fluminense in the final to make it three in a row and win record holding title number 40.

3. Rio Grande do Sul: Grêmio make it an incredible 9 in a row and equal Internacional's record 45 titles.

4. Minas Gerais: Atlético Mineiro, record holders with 49, fail to make the final for the first time since 2005. Relegated Cruzeiro beat América (MG) to win their 41st title.

5. Paraná: Athletico Paranaense beat Operário (PR) to win their 28th title. Coritiba, record holders with 40fail to make the final for the first time since 2021.

6. Santa Catarina: Joinville beat Avaí to win their14th titlebut are still behind record holders Figueirense who have 19.

7. Ceará: Fortaleza beat Ceará in the final for the fourth consecutive year to win their 48th title and go two ahead of their rivals for number of State Championships.

8. Goiás: Goiás win for a fourth time in a row to win a record extending 31st title.

9. Bahia: Vitória beat Bahia in the final for a second year and win their 32nd title, but Bahia are still way ahead on 52.

10. Pernambuco: Porto (PE) shock the state and win their 1st (dang!) title by beating Náutico in the final. Sport still the record holders at 46 titles.

11. Alagoas: Seems like CSA and CRB like taking turns at who wins the title. This year CSA beat CRB to win a record extending 43rd title. 

12. Mato GrossoCuiabá won their 15th title and 6th in a row and are now 9 behind record holders Mixto (MT) with 24.

13. Pará: Remo regain the title from rivals Paysandu and equal the record with number 50.

14. Maranhão: Sampaio Correa win their record holding 39th title and third in a row.

15. Rio Grande do Norte: America (RN) win their 35th title by beating rivals ABC , who still are way ahead on 58.

16. Paraíba: Botafogo (PB) win title number 33 by beating Campinense in the final and extend their record.

17. Sergipe: Sergipe break the sequence of four in a row Confiança (SE) built and extending their record holding title number to 37.

18. Amazonas: Record holders Nacional (AM) beat Atlético Amazonense to make it 46 titles.

19. Piauí: Altos (PI) win their 5th title, all within the last 10 years. Record holders are still River (PI) wiith 32 in total.

20. Acre: Humaitá win their 2nd title and first since 2022, Rio Branco (AC) are still comfortably the biggest winners with 32.

21. Distrito Federal: Just as Brasiliense equalled Gama's record, they go and win for the first time in 5 years and take the lead on 14 titles

22. Espírito Santo: Rio Branco (ES) win the title and extends their record holding lead on 39 titles.

23. Roraima: Náutico (RR) beat Atlético Roraima to win their 4th title, the runners up are still record holders with 20 titles.

24. Tocantins: Palmas beat Tocantinópolis to win record holding title number 10.

25. Mato Grosso do Sul: Costa Rica (MS) win their 2nd title by beating Aquidanauense in the final, Operário (MS) are still record holders with 14.

26. Rondônia: Our very own Pimentense beat Genus to claim their 1st title, with Ferroviário (RO) the record holders at 17 despite not existing anymore.

27. Amapá: Ypiranga (AP) beat Santos (AP) in the final to win their 12th title, Macapá are still record holders with 17

Former Club Watch

Tapajós (AP): What a terrible year. Relegated from the Amapá State Championship by collecting a point from 6 games and finishing dead last in the Seletiva.

Pimentense: Follow up the State Championship win with taking a step back in the Seletiva and finishing 4th. So far only Centre Back Geovane Silva left, will be interesting to see how many players they retain for next season.

Edited by corinthiano

Posted (edited)

Mato Grosso do Sul Série B Preview

image.png.602ccfbd021fc5dfb3843f034b6a2583.png

Interestingly in Mato Grosso do Sul you play a lot more games in the State Championships and a lot let in the Seletiva, which actually works better for me in this challenge. The Série B has two stages, in the First Stage the ten teams play each other once and the top 4 teams move onto the Final Stage. In the Final Stage the 4 teams play each other twice, with the top two sides being promoted to the top tier.

Us and SERC are the relegated teams, which in theory makes us favorites. That being said Operário de Dourados did not renew their managers contract and when I looked at their job application their wage budget was three times the size of ours. We ended up just having the R$90k, so after losing a bunch of key players because they didnt want to renew their contracts I had enough money to sign one player. We have a defence full of youngsters and no depth, this could be a bigger challenge than Pimentense depending on how the financial situation progresses...I have already sent out my scouts on a mission to find loan players as this may well be our only solution.

Here are our key players and the one signing:

Rafael

image.png.2b29da760e8bfe6530a6d21b569ba1c4.png

By far our best striker, which says a lot...

Jean Lucas

image.png.6d21e9611c3c642d000803b690c49845.png

Another youngster, will be our Mezzala.

Vinícius Santos

image.png.f1b0a729b772567c589c08f48ce92a78.png

Our best defender by far, 36 so no spring chicken...

Adriel

image.png.fb66bd16567e8d23af6a3aa09e494fa0.png

My one signing, got him because he can play anywhere in midfield and I may need that versaitility. Will probably play him mostly as DLP because I simply dont have anyone else there.

Initial Fixtures

image.png.5e8448963f70655665e81ad5a747faf5.png

It is going to be a busy start, playing twice a week for the first three weeks of the season. No idea what to expect, but will certainly know by the end of this month.

Edited by corinthiano

January 2027

image.png.bae85294e7a7d6d586a813969e6f3b02.png

image.png.3a28bde99ba1bd6990871513a34da216.png

We are not great, but neither are the rest of the teams really...we started off by beating Três Lagoas in a game we should have won by more before a class second half performance saw us beat Sete de Dourados. The win against URSO was comfortable but then the small squad started feeling the impact of playing twice a week. We just could not compete with Maracaju on the day and despite playing better than CENA we were not able to score and end up with a somewhat frustrating draw.

In February we will play the remaining games of the First Stage but at least we will play only once a week for the last two games. I feel we could qualify for the second stage and the games away to União ABC and home to SERC will be key to that.

In terms of transfer there is not we can do with no wage budget left. The eagle eyed amongst you will however notice a familiar name in this months goalscorers as I managed to bring a former player in on loan.

Hélio Júnior

image.png.392ff0da84f0a95999779992effbe96a.png

This guy was one of the best players in the team when I took over Pimentense but gradually faded out of the first team as I strengthened the team. He will be a key player this season, with his versatility also being very handy. He has already played as Mezzala, AP and AF in his first five games and 3 goals and 2 assists reflect how influential he has been already. Here is to me finding more loan players like this soon!

February 2027

image.png.dcf28dd544d8e6b4706dbbadcf2ef080.png

image.png.ef2099b0a6da79ba3da0a54d9294a42a.png

We tanked massively this month...Operário de Dourados are below us but have a much large wage budget and team and blew us away. We disappointingly conceded late equalizers from both SERC and Dourados to make qualification tough for us. We needed to beat União ABC in the last game to stand a chance and were doing well until the 70th when they equalized and we collapsed.

We now have 2 and a half month of no football until the Seletiva and I expect a mediocre campaign there. Quite honestly I struggle to see how we can improve the team, even if I release most players at the end of the year we do not have money to bring anyone better. I will stick with Pontaporanense for now but if a job with another eligible team in the State comes up that has a larger wage budget I will apply for it.

Seletiva Serie D - Mato Grosso do Sul Preview

image.png.37165b47676d5531a3c08d0d6de8f753.png

The media predicts us to be fighting at the bottom and I do no think they are wrong. The Seletiva here works a bit differently, the 19 teams have been split into two groups, one with 10 teams and one with 9. Each team only plays each other once, with the top two making it into the semi-finals. The knockout stage is two legged until the Final and the winner gets promoted to Série D.

image.png.706e81bbaa299f78ef105ea45c1d03f1.png

Our group has 4 teams from the top State tier and 5 from the bottom. I feel like we could get something from Sete de Dourados, Três Lagoas and URSO, but dont have much of a chance against the rest.

The preparation has been a struggle, we lost our starting RB as he didnt want to be at the club anymore and struggled to find someone at his level - Osvaldo being the only choice. I then saw an opportunity to strengthen the squad by selling our back-up keeper who was on high wages. However finding anyone willing to join us was difficult, Caio being the only one who accepted our approach - he is an average CB that will make up the squad.

Our loan signings are a little bit better - Ramon will be our starting LB, Sidnei Gaúcho provides cover in midfield and Edu will start for us at the back.

image.png.65ddd671b42c71f138c671e32a9519e9.png

With the worsening of the financial situation at the club the board reduced our wage budget to R$60k per month. This means we are now R$26k over it and makes building any squad impossible. As a reference the minimum I can offer a player is R$3.25k per month, which means the budget allows me to only have 18 players on the books...I will play out the Seletiva but may well chose not to renew my contract, I just hope other clubs in the State do not have the same approach,

May 2027

image.png.8061d3dba8aee8533f23a0366f18c44d.png

image.png.c8f2a7e500a3fd79f364752e286fcd13.png

We start the campaign as expected, beating a weak URSO side comfortably away before coming unstuck at home against SERC similarly to when we played them earlier in the year. The game against Costa Rica (MS) was the first one against one of the top sides in the State and I felt we did OK. We looked like we could FM them by being completely outplayed and still taking the lead just after half time, but in the end their superior quality prevailed and they turned the game around.

In June we play Naviraiense at home, followed by Corumbaense away and Sete de Dourados at home. I would be happy with 4 points again, if we can sneak a win against Naviraiense even better, they were very poor in the top State league and didnt start the Seletiva too well.

June 2027

image.png.2336032cfe847090360d2b42bb81cab1.png

image.png.4e7a1a146ba5e48a73d6a57bfaba438e.png

We got more than the 4 points I was targeting  but I cant help feeling disappointed. We were solid against Naviraiense and were really close to stealing the 3 points against Corumbaense before they equalized in stoppage time. We really should have won the game against Sete de Dourados, but we missed a penalty and several chances and they capitalized on it. We were almost within an outside chance of making the Semi Finals but that will be difficult now.

We face Moreninhas away and then Três Lagoas at home and I would be happy with 3 points. After that it will be a long 5 months without football, in which time I will see how the job market looks before making a call on staying vs. leaving. The only Insecure jobs at the moment are with sides that have won a State Championship in the past so they are not eligible...

July 2027

image.png.79917ac02ff08d5d4ed8c3f5782b0bbb.png

image.png.37c7b98efe5e987f363dcec23951e598.png

So it turns out we were 10 mins away from qualifying to the Semi-Finals! I was surprised at how good we were at Moreninhas and we never looked like losing that one. That meant that at the final game us, Moreninhas and URSO went in with 12 points, but we were behind because the league is sorted by number of wins. So we needed to win our game and hope both the others didnt. We had a comfortable game against Três Lagoas and URSO didnt stand a chance against Group Leader Costa Rica (MS) away. Somewhat surprisingly Moreninhas were behind away to Naviraiense, but managed to score two in the second half to seal the 2nd spot, with winner coming in the 81st minute.

My takeaway from this season is that the level across the State is very poor, we had essentially a squad of youngsters and were not outclassed by any of the top sides. It does give me something to think about and I will have to see how our wage budget situation progresses. As it stands I will not be able to reduce it by a third and still have a decent squad, so hopefully the board is able to pull off some financial magic for me to stay at the club. We will have the next five months to wait and see!

Clube de Esportes União ABC

313250.png.a22281a28df134e8896affd9614402a2.png

image.png.837b93a4a2cd19f8447e03042ca3d392.png

image.png.4ae49b774249b6418ff2b8789e63e102.png

image.png.057fdbe5e9162ab7d8b4aa718ef3f8ae.png

image.png.c3692a6d396600e1b21d8bdc4188f89a.png

União ABC are a club from the capital of Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande. They were founded in 1998 as a union of the amateur teams that played in the city of Campo Grande. FM says they play at the Elias Gadia stadium, although after some research I found that it was reformed and is now also a public park, so not sure if the club still plays there. Also very difficult to find pictures, but got an OK one.

image.png.486ea950b1eec09f85bb616c77069bfb.png

The club has never managed to win a title in its history, with a 3rd place in the State Championship in 1999 their best ever campaign.

image.png.eb9abc9d6da8f57b4858536d2765a153.png

So this was quicker than I expected. União ABC fired their manager a couple of weeks after the Seletiva finished. As you can see they did not have a great tournament, however most importantly for me they actually got promoted to the top State tier after finishing runners-up earlier in the year. Financially they are better than Pontaporanense, although still not doing well. Their debt is R$2M compared to my previous club at R$4M. Their wage budget is also double at R$120k per month. This is still very little compared to the R$380k I had at Pimentense or the R$245k I had at Tapajós, but I get a feeling most clubs in this state are struggling and offering low wage budgets. Another plus is that União ABC is the highest rep club in the State eligible for the challenge, still only half a star but I will take all the positives I can get :D

I now have 5 month to figure out who I want in the squad next season and prepare for our first campaign in the Mato Grosso do Sul State Championship, having sneakily made my way up there :D

Edited by corinthiano

2027 Brazil Review

Série A: Palmeiras fight off Grêmio to extend their record of most national titles in Brazil, which now stands at 12. There were a lot of Northeast teams promoted last year, but a lot went down this year, with all four being from the region. Bahia and CRB go straight back down with Ceará and Náutico joining them. Three out of the four sides relegated last year go straight back up - Athletico Paranaense, América (MG) and Cruzeiro, with Chapecoense joining them and making a first appearance since 2021.

image.png.4b4070c5e36056708c3705b0a025724e.png

1. São Paulo: São Paulo beat RB Bragantino to win their first title since 2021 and 24th overall. They now have moved within 6 of Corinthians record of 30.

2. Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo make it an impressive four in a row by beating Vasco in the final and win record holding title number 41.

3. Rio Grande do Sul: Grêmio make it an incredible 10 in a row and overtake Internacional's record with title number 46.

4. Minas Gerais: A bit of a shock as América (MG) beat Atlético Mineiro in the final to win their 17th title and first since 2016. The runners-up are record holders with 49.

5. Paraná: Coritiba get over the disappointment of not making the final last year to win title record number 41.

6. Santa Catarina: Chapecoense make it 5 titles in 8 years and 11th overallbut are still behind record holders Figueirense who have 19.

7. Ceará: Fortaleza beat Ceará in the final for the fifth consecutive year to win their 49th title and go three ahead of their rivals for number of State Championships.

8. Goiás: Goiás win for a fifthtime in a row to win a record extending 32nd title.

9. Bahia: Bahia break the sequence of 2 titles from Vitória by beating them in the final and winning a record holding 53rd title.

10. Pernambuco: Náutico win their first title since 2021 and 24th overall. Sport still the record holders at 46 titles.

11. Alagoas: Another year, another CRB vs CSA final. This year CRB beat CSA to win their 34th title and go within 9 of CSAs record of 43. 

12. Mato Grosso: Luverdense break Cuiabá's run of 6 consecutive titles to win their 4th. Record holders are Mixto (MT) with 24.

13. Pará: Huge shock as União Paraense from the Seletiva beat Série B Paysandu in the final to win their 1st title and become ineligble for the challenge. Remo and Paysandu share the record at 50 titles.

14. Maranhão: Sampaio Correa win their record holding 40th title and fourth in a row.

15. Rio Grande do Norte: ABC end a two year hiatus by winning title record number 59.

16. Paraíba: Campinense win their first since 2021 and 23rd  overall, Botafogo (PB) are still record holders at 33.

17. Sergipe: Confiança (SE) reclaim the title from Sergipe to win their 26th. Sergipe are still way ahead on 37 titles.

18. Amazonas: Manaus win their first title since 2021 and 5th overal, record holders are still Nacional (AM) with 46 titles.

19. Piauí: Record holders are River (PI) get back to winning ways and get to title number 33.

20. Acre: Atlético Acreano win their 11th title and first since 2023, Rio Branco (AC) are still comfortably the biggest winners with 32.

21. Distrito Federal: Gama make it to in a row to go up to a record extending 15 titles

22. Espírito Santo: Estrela do Norte win their 3rd title by beating Desportiva in the final, Rio Branco (ES) are record holders on 39 titles.

23. Roraima: The fourth year in a row that Náutico (RR) and Atlético Roraima play in the final, this time the latter win to get to record title number 21.

24. Tocantins: Interporto beat Palmas in the final to win their 8th title and go within two of Palmas record of 10.

25. Mato Grosso do Sul: Águia Negra win their 6th and first since 2020, Operário (MS) are still record holders with 14.

26. Rondônia: União Cacoalense win their 4th title by beating Rondoniense in the final. Ferroviário (RO) the record holders at 17 despite not existing anymore.

27. Amapá: Ypiranga (AP) beat Santos (AP) in the final for the second year in a row to win their 13th title, Macapá are still record holders with 17

Former Club Watch

Tapajós (AP): The bad run continues, but there is a little bit of hope. They lost the Amapaense 2nd division to Oratório, but did finish 3rd in the Seletiva - a massive improvement from bottom place last year.

Pimentense: Had a busy year due to winning the State Championship last year as they entered the Copa do Brasil and Copa Verde, losing out in the first round of both respectively. In the State Championship they finished third in the League Stage before losing to eventual winner União Cacoalense in the Semi Final. Were average in the Seletiva and finished four. Remarkably they released most of the team that I built there, including record goalscorer Vinicius Pereira...

No watch on Pontaporanense yet as I did finish the season with them before switching sides :D

Campeonato Sul-Matogrossense Preview

image.png.cb5d0cd49b864a1e73f749cc8715a342.png

So we have our first crack at the Mato Grosso do Sul State Championship although I dont expect to be very competitive here. What I do like is that there is quite a bit of football to be played. In the First Stage there are two groups of 5 teams and you play home and away for a total of 8 games. The bottom team of each group gets relegated and the top three advance to the Final Stage. Unlike most State Championships this tournament doesnt finish on knockouts, instead each team plays each other home and away and whoever wins most points after 10 games wins the title!

I feel the squad is stronger than what we had a Pontaporanense and we did well with them against Naviraiense and Corumbaense so hopefully should do enough to avoid relegation and maybe even sneak into the final League Stage. I do think Costa Rica (MS) and Operario (MS) are too strong for us. The latter is our parent club, but dont really have enough players for us to loan in. They were also looking for a new manager and I saw that the wage budget was only R$190k and they are the top club in the state based on rep!

In terms of our playing squad we did lose three key players over the summer - our starting goalkeeper, attacking midfielder and best striker. I did also release 13 other players to free up wage budget as the board reduced it to R$100k. We are especially short in defence so I am prioritizing players in that area. I said the squad was better than at Pontaporanense but that really isnt saying a lot, here are my three best players just as a reference to the low quality at the club :D

Dwann Dionny

image.png.6086e3d61d01eacef9137518642f1025.png

Our top scorer last season even though we had a better striker. Had to bum up his wage by R$2k to make sure he stayed.

Ronaldo Júnior

image.png.73c8e9a0508f12a8c0ccf20d34ce2f08.png

Decent AP who is getting on a bit

Jaílson Donschen

image.png.785a3e6e9e38b8a88823780f113fb836.png

Not sure where I will play him yet, he is better in midfield but may play him as my BPD if I dont manage to sign anyone for that position.

Initial Fixtures

image.png.37351a57148cf59be747ff2f58855bf5.png

It is a busy first month but at least the second game is the only midweek fixture we will have in the first stage, so wont have to rotate the squad too much after that. Getting good results against Naviraiense and Corumbaense will be key, anything in the other matches will be a bonus.

Edited by corinthiano

January 2028

image.png.bb450fda6713e87735cff2e157aaba27.png

image.png.c0c9e56e3b031f7f608dbc9efdb23e32.png

Results went somewhat as expected with us losing against the two bigger teams in the group and getting results against the other two. I was however pleased with most performances as we did not get completely outclassed by the bigger teams which shows the gap is not that big. In February we wrap up the Group Stage and it seems like third place will be a straight fight between us and Naviaraiense.

A big factor in whether we will be able to compete effectively is the ongoing administration at the club. We have already lost our best centre back, a starting midfielder and our second choice right back, with one of our starting strikers also considering a bid...

image.png.467aabaca6d2b62583fa5b2d7c1c473b.png

The worst part is that I can only offer up to R$3.25k per month on any replacements - which really limits the quality of players I can bring in. We currently have two 16 year olds and a 17 year old in our starting XI as I am having to play whatever we have left at the club. I am hoping this can all pass over within this season so that we can actually build a decent team for next season. As you will have seen I would also not hesitate to jump ship again but the problem is pretty much every club in the state is struggling financially so it might just be a case of different club, same problems...

image.png.8f9e7652b9c0d8c70b1cb11727441f88.png

image.png.35e870d521e335d17f8607c9915ce347.png

Club took out a R$5.5M loan to bring the bank balance back to zero - paying it back in R$35k instalments over the next 15 year. We are still in administration though and I did lose the starting striker and a bid for one of our best players Jaílson Donschen was just accepted...

February 2028

image.png.96e95b74403c5dffe3236161e8aa3598.png

image.png.4176ed331c3b21b35a459e1db65b31ad.png

This was a tough month on and off the field where we ultimately failed to qualify for the final stage of the State Championship. The loss against Naviraiense was what really sealed it and it was probably my fault for not going into that game defensively enough. The rest of the games went as expected although we did struggle to beat Corumbaense.

The club is under administration but luckily we have not lost any further players so far. Jaílson Donsche has already rejected two offers and I hope he stays committed to the club. We now have to wait a month and a half before we start our Seletiva campaign, hopefully the financial mess can be sorted in the meantime so I can start building a squad again.

2028 Seletiva Série D Preview

image.png.8847fc74cc5bfc24626e1180403f8a4b.png

We are predicted to come out 15th (9th out 10 in our Group) and our board just want us to be competitive, but I think we could finish in 4th behind the 3 bigger clubs Aquidanauense, Costa Rica (MS) and Comercial (MS) in our group. We have been able to bring three players to bulk up the squad and hopefully make us a bit more competitive.

image.png.0288e974890002b18af48c509eb5b5f7.png

Romário

image.png.94c7912fab8930b48d5e06b8af9fb695.png

Sadly not as good as his legendary namesake but still good enough to replace David who moved on during administration.

Gláuber Fernando

image.png.355b18455621a0cf1d582f61acec9055.png

Will be our starting right back and his personality will also help with the lack of leaders we have in the team, just a shame about his determination.

Jacson

image.png.a36071c6d95b0df083b61eea5f940faa.png

He wasnt on the radar but my scout recommended him when our starting AP got a long term injury that will see him out for almost all of the Seletiva. I struggle bringing in this quality for such a low wage so jumped at the chance to get him.

Initial Fixtures

image.png.87442c82e84af625a0311975a27b9308.png

We start with a tough game against Aquidanauense followed by two winnable games, so 6 points have to be the aim - I will be delighted with 7.

May 2028

image.png.03bd0e3642e63e77b10c2e42446f7066.png

image.png.f35a7e27432ed1c724d679ce55b30fbd.png

Terrible month and we can forget that 4th place finish I was hoping to get. We got absolutely trashed by Aquidanauense despite my efforts to be more cautious, couldnt beat the only side predicted to finish below us at home and then got beaten by the same side we blew away 3 months ago. I guess I underestimated the impact of all the sales the club made or we started the year punching above our weight. Either way we need to improve fast otherwise the board might not even want to renew my contract for next season.

June 2028

image.png.057abaa80c3d3ab6b5e8aa7afa5e069f.png

image.png.db9eb85b9671d7d912a4ed36fdf77cef.png

The terrible form continued and I was on the verge of my first sacking this month. We were extremely poor against Costa Rica (MS) but against Coxim we were actually the better side, but lost our focus in the second half and let the turn the game around. This result led to the board calling me to a meeting to discuss my future - I convinced them it would be a knee jerk reaction to sack me. This led me to going in against Maracaju defensively as I wanted to avoid another defeat. The plan was going well until they scored in the dying seconds of the game and off I went to the boardroom to convince the board I was doing OK.

Before the game against Operário de Dourados the media said I would be sacked if we didnt win. Luckily we put in a sturdy performance and got the win despite being second best in the game.

My position is still very insecure and with only two games left in the season I have a feeling that if I dont get sacked I wont have my contract renewed at the end of the year, so I guess at this stage we just plow on and hope for the best!

July 2028

image.png.219a45fb087451c448fe53351a6b529b.png

image.png.30a2049af6b4f28ecdbca2ca4c43fbff.png

It was an encouraging end to the season despite it being winless. We played really well in the first half against Novo despite having 3 players out suspended but just ran out of steam towards the end and conceded an equalizer on the 89th minute...the roles were reversed in the next game as we battled back from 2-0 down to equalize with Comercial (MS) with 5 minutes to go, meaning they failed to qualify from the group. This was probably my best performance against a bigger side in the State and gives us hope for next season...if there is a next season here.

The entire campaign was underwhelming as we didnt cope with losing half the first team earlier in the year. The board are satisfied but not exactly happy, so we will have to see if they want to renew my contract. I learned after leaving Pontaporanense that most sides in this State will have the same money problem, so unless a job comes up that has significant more wage budget I would prefer to stay here and take a more pragmatic approach to building a squad for next season.

No we have almost half a year with no football, so let's see what happens in the off-season.