Journeyman save round South America (Clan Juvenil - Boca Juniors De Cali - Goias - Flamengo - Velez Sarsfield) FM 22

argento

Juan Velasco left for Europe and has joined Porto, following Riquelme out the door.  Which means one less foreign player in the mix

I didn't need another striker but for £775,000 I couldn't turn them away. Adowa can also play right wing and with Castellanos disciplinary problems it makes sense to have another option.

I have a lot of prospects at centre half but lacked someone who can come in now and do a job, Duarte is 33 and Gilberto Carlos is still developing so I snapped up Clarindo for £2.5M from relegated Fluminese

We also cruised to our 2nd state championship in three years

We got through the Copa Libertadores qualifiers and here is our group. San Lorenzo are fairly decent side but I expect us to be able to get past them, Nacional from Uruguay should be straight forward and Atletico Mineiro we beat in the Cup last year.  Board expect us to qualify from the group and so do I!

Serie A media predictions, I'd take another top half finish to help establish the side as a Serie A side.  Would prefer to push for a Libertadores spot again.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

The group was a bit tougher than I thought as we lost away to both San Lorenzo and Atletico Mineiro.  To my suprise Atletico Mineiro crashed out and San Lorenzo qualified alongside me, 

Get to go against my old city rivals America de Cali in the knockout round, Should mean we have a great chance of reaching the last 8

The league has been a bit tougher. We have definitely missed Velasco and Riquelme at the back.  To make matters worse Melgar is now leaving, Atalanta have paid his £9M release and he leaves end of June.  Considering we were without with most of our foreign players who are the backbone of our side throughout June due to the Copa America we managed to have a hell og a month only losing to Vasco!

I have been offered 3 interviews Internacional who are 13th, Fortaleza who are rock bottom and Flamengo who are 7th.  All of them offering me at least triple the wage budget and a transfer budget,  Despite the £35M the club has generated they've only allowed me to keep no more than 10%.  It might be time to move on, I need to sleep on it

Edited by argento

I mean I couldn't turn down one of the biggest jobs on the continent could I?

The aim for the club was to regain the title but with the club currently 8th, it looks they're gonna settle for this season to restore some order and qualify automatically for Copa Libertadores.  That means a top 5 position which with the squad I have should be straight forward.  Been given a decent sized transfer budget and that wage budget is 6 times what I had at Goais!!

So first order of business was try and raid my old club, so far just got the one to come with.  £7.5m so that/s most of the budget gone although I am planning on having a bit of a clear out to help boost funds.

Higuita I signed for Boca de Cali before picking up for a £1M when at Goias after my first season.  Hell of a player who can play CB/DM/CM so a no brainer.  With the minimum fee for foreign clubs installed at £17.5M that means some good profit when they do come calling.  Hopefully I'll get him on a new deal before then.

Managed to raise some more funds.

Back up keeper Carlos Coronel goes to Al-Hilal for £6.5M, andAlan Rodriguez to Hertha Berlin for £500,000 the main two.

Rodriguez was signed by my predecessor from The Strongest where he dominated the Bolivian league but he wasn't ever gonna start and was a waste of a foreign spot so I'm happy to take a minor loss on him and get £16K off the wage bill

So with the foreign transfer opening on the 1st August here's who has come through the doors.  

Bilal arrives from Paraguayan side Olimpia for £875,000, quality defender.  A bargain who I imagine is destined for Europe and a good financial return

Vasquez I had at Boca de Cali, I signed him at 16 for them but since I left his development has stumbled. I expect to send him out on loan but I think he could become a great squad player. Might have overpaid at £1.7M, we shall we.

Signed for compensation only, so just £525,000 and future clauses.  Again it is someone I don't expect to play much right now but could become a cornerstone of the team, I see him as the the man who will eventually replace Higuita who no doubt wont last long.  May well send him out on loan next season to aid his development.

To be honest one thing I didn't do was check any other transfers that had been arranged.  Brazilan born Douglas Augusto who has been playing in Greece last 6/7 years arrives on a free transfer.  Plays same position I'd expect Higuita and Prado so I'm annoyed for not checking.  Think he can do a job when called upon.

With the squad I got it was quite easy to turn their fortunes.  First 14 games we were unbeaten but finally got unstuck with a 3-0 defeat at Sao Paulo. I am hoping it is just a blip though.

As you can see above we cruised into the last 4 of the Libertadores beating current holders Gremio in the quarters and its an all Brazil final.  Paranaense currently leading the way in Serie A so it might be a tough one but if i can't win the league this would definitely make do!

We're where the board wanted us to be in with a shout of qualifying automatically for the Libertadores, it is quite tight still and the likes of Internacional and Bragantino could still get back into the mix.

We was dealt a big blow at the end of the transfer window as star player Jose heads to Munich. He was my best midfielder and also done a job up front when I had injuries to Pedro

Adios my friend

We managed to beat Paranaense in both legs of the libertadores which sees us meet Corinthians in the final.

in the league we had a fine run of form seeing us win 7/9 games including another win over leaders Paranaense. Despite this the league is too far out of reach but we’ve definitely going to achieve the aim of a top 5 finish.

I had a load of sell on clauses that I cashed in to fund some moves for next season. Was surprised to see Billy Gilmours name and low and beyond he done a short stint in Brazil and made flamengo a lot of money in the process 

Our youth intake came through, the one I’m most excited about, got some serious potential just hope he makes it despite his low determination 

This game had it all!  We looked like we were going to lose it until Pedro got fouled in the box, there was calls it was a dive but VAR awarded it and we were back in the game.  We finally took the lead through that man again Pedro only to be pegged back a few minutes later.  I assumed it was going to head to penalties but with seconds left in the game Romulo Henrique scored a close range volley to send the Flamengo faithful into celebrations.  What a result.

With just two games to go we knew if we beat Corinthians we would be able to pip them to 2nd.  Sadly we couldn't do it and then my old state rivals from the Goias days Atletico Goianense held us so we ended up staying 3rd on goal difference!

The aim is nothing less than the title next season.  I am having a bit of a clear out, at least 15 players are out of contract and the aim is to free up some wage budget to help bolster the transfer window.

Plenty of youngsters out on loan and only way I could get Brenner off the wage bill was a loan with option to buy, he's a good player but way down the pecking order.

We freed up another foreign spot with Pacho heading to Lille.  

Ortega and Caceres having been in Brazil 4 years are also now getting their Brazilian passports which means I did go on a bit of a spree!

Now lets see whose coming in

Start off with my new star centre back, he's a massive upgrade and a Serie A record at £21.5M.  

He may have been the most unprofessional player I ever managed in FM with 25 breaches but I am hoping a little older and wiser he will now be able to make the step up, also having spent 3 years in Brazil already it means next season he will no longer be a foreign player.  An absolute steal at £5.25M

Paid his minimum release at £16.25M, To aid in his development he has gone back to Gremio for the season.

One for the future, signed from relegated Botafogo. £1.5M

I raided my old club again.  Very talented prospect, wont play much and may go out on loan but in a year or 2 I  expect him to be one of my main centre halves.  Cost £11M

Had to wait till 1st March for the foreign window to open

Lopez will make good back up, potential to be a key member of the squad.  Free transfer so no downside.

Was a top player for Independiente Santa Fe when I was in Colombia, could be a great player off the bench.

Another Colombian!  Will probably go out on loan this year.  Probably the best potential of the three of them.  Stolen on a free from America de Cali so even better

£1.2M signing from Liga de Quito, paid his release fee.  Another player who may well end up out on loan, will no doubt be my main left winger when Marcos Paulo inevitably heads back to Europe. 

Murillo is one of the ones I expect to make an impact now, Will be a rotation player at first but give him a while to adjust and I see him developing into a key player. Was highly rated by my scouts when he played at Olimpia, looks a bargain for £825,000

A last gasp winner in the 2nd leg was not enough to overcome a first leg 3-0 defeat as we lose our first trophy of the season

Kings of Rio again, Vasco ended Flamengo's dominance in the state championship last year but we dominated winning every game including both legs of the final.  Coincidentally we play Vasco again next as they are our fist opponents in Serie A.  Despite what I assumed would be a bigger state championship than the Goais one, There is no quarter final here going straight to the semi finals meaning we played 3 less games

Castellanos has turned up every day so far and has been in great form.  Long may it continue

Goals, Goals, Goals

The Copa Libertadores draw, not the worst group.  Olimpia are a decent outfit but shouldn't be too much of a challenge, Barcelona SC should also be straight forward but Internacional have the ability to mix it up.

#

Despite an early setback we cruised through the group, to my surprise Internacional ended up third with Paraguay's Olimpia coming through in second spot.

All Brazilian clash for us in the 2nd round, hopefully we can get revenge for the recopa earlier in the season

We've had a great start so far in Serie A remaining unbeaten, We should've beat Sao Paulo but we missed a 96th minute penalty.  Sad to see the demise of Goias so soon after I left.  Probably half my fault for raiding some of my old favourites.

The top 3 from last year currently unbeaten.  Quite a few of the bigger sides started brightly, hopefully we can keep it quite competitive

Managed to beat the teams around us and remain unbeaten in the league, the 94th minute winning from Agudelo against the current champs being the highlight.  Agudelo has been the surprise package of all the signings featuring far more than I intended.  

Hoped for an easier group in FIFA World Club Cup.  Still holidng PSG was a good achievement and about as well as I could've hoped for, should've beat Guadalajara though

Losing to Sao Paulo 4-3 in the Copa Libertadores wasn't ideal, Pedro's 99th minute goal at least gives me some hope for the 2nd goal to keep the deficit to just one goal.

Corinthians fell off a bit after we beat them 3-0 losing two other games. They still have 2 games in hand so if they win them they're still right in contention.

We drew 2-2 at home, we won't be retaining our title this year.  Disappointed to say the least to lose this early in the competition.  Also makes my personal rivalry with Sao Paulo even bigger.

Edited by argento

Our unbeaten spell in the league came to an end with a 5-2 defeat to local rivals Vasco. Despite only having the one loss our inability to see off games meant we dropped points to Internacional and Fortaleza who are both battling relegation. This has meant we’ve lost top spot to Corinthians.
We still have to play Corinthians which looks like it will ultimately be the title decider.
We have also made the final of the Copa do Brazil where we take on Palmeiras. It should be straight forward but I won’t be taking the games for granted.

We dominated Palmeiras as we won both legs of the final comfortably!

So the league came down to the final day. We were one point ahead so we needed 3 points to secure the title and be the pride of Rio once more. We travelled to mid table Bahia and Corinthians our nearest rivals had to welcome across town rivals Santos.

After going 1-0 down, Pedro equalised so we still had some hope, Corinthians was still being held so we were still ahead. In the 89th minute we conceded, fuming we lost and probably threw away the title. Thankfully Santos scored a 92nd minute winner and we won the league. Both of us bottled it!

With the club financially on the rocks I had to have a clear out.

We have an abundance of foreign players and I needed to try and trim them down.

Bilal Osmani wasn't first choice so I took the money, McCormick was decent but would only be chosen in an emergency so again took the money and ran.

Facundo Murillo and Julian Higuita I'd of liked to have kept but the board accepted and that was that

William Castellanos will have been in Brazil 4 years come March so that will free up another slot.

We sold Souza and needed a new keeper as I feel my current back up isn't quite ready to be the main man yet.

Vences arrives for £7.5M for his release and could well be our no1 for the next 10-15 years

Donizete has gone straight back on loan for now but in a year or two with that determination I expect him to improve quickly and be a big part of the squad

We lost quite a few CM's with Higuita, Evander and Murillo who were first team regulars so it was vital I got someone with experience in and also Brazilian. 

Soza has gone back out on loan but next season could well play a part of the squad

The biggest signing in terms of profile is Marchesini from Palmeiras, having been there for 3 years will only need one season with us to get a Brazilian passport.  Will be first choice striker alongside Jadson Meireles

Cruised through to another state title, that's 2/2 so far.  We saved our best performances in the semi finals where we had 24-0 aggregate win!  

A personal milestone has been achieved, next stop is to be top of the South America list (currently 11th) so a bit of work still do there.

The Copa Libertadores group has been drawn, Gremio are a decent side but still fancy us to top the group

Apart from a shock loss to recently promoted Atletico Mineiro we have won every game  Marcheseni has been a massive upgrade on Brenner and Pedro who now at 33 is deteriorating quite quickly

I thought we might struggle in June as we had 11 players go the 2030 World Cup (which France won on penatlies against Uruguay)

Despite our dominance there's a few clubs around us who could mount a serious challenge.  

Onto the Libertadores, we won both legs, the biggest surprise was one of the favourites Corinthians going out on away goals

We face local rivals Vasco da Gama in the last 8 also is a Sao Paulo derby as well.

Couple of players left, we have a few players I am trying to bring in for August when the foreign transfer window opens and I received some birds that I felt I couldn't turn down

Javier Prado has only ever been a bit player and only cost compensation 2 years ago so decent profit made.

Agudelo has been a great player for us but often sacrificed when needed because of the restrictions on foreign places and with Marchesini now our main striker I took £22m and a 30% sell on clause.

So with a few foreign spots in the squad open I brought in some more players 

A free transfer I arranged in January from Estudiantes.  Plugs the void from Higuitas departure

Done my usual raid of Paraguayan side Olimpia, I tried to sign him a year earlier but it was when the club was in financial disarray and I couldn't afford him.  He only cost £900,000 and just £300k more than what I orginally tried to sign for.  Will be back up to Ortega for now, but Ortega's contract expires end of  next season so I expect by that point Caballero will be holding down the left back spot.  Can also play on the right when needed

A heroes return. Think it is now his third spell and at 33 he's only on an 18 month deal but he is miles ahead of Pedro.  No real downside here.

He actually chose us over Ajax. On a free after being released by Man City and at 28 he is in his prime

Full update on all comps coming later but we managed to defeat old rivals Vasco in the quarter finals of the Libertadores and a chance to defeat Boca's bitter rivals in the semi finals.  It is still the long term aim to retire at Boca but it will all be about timing. 

Busy few months see us advance in all competitions.  Apart from Vasco we have had an easy few rounds in the cup and in the final we get mid table Atletico Mineiro.

Barbosa and Joao Pedro have both settled in well scoring plenty of goals between them.

The league should be ours but Gremio and surprise package Bragantino are staying on but bar a massive injury crisis I can't see any issues.  This may well be my last season at Flamengo my contract expires end of the season. I applied for the Argentina job after the World Cup but wasn't considered.  Still waiting for that Boca job.

Big victories against River Plate see us reach the final of the Libertadores again.  Agustin Silva looks a hell of a player and I would sign him had I not got 3 or 4 good right wingers.  

Another all Brazilian final

Managed to win the Brazilian cup again 

Club legend Barbosa cements his place in Flamengo folklore yet again with a late winner as we lift the Libertadores for the 2nd time in 3 seasons

Bragantino ran us pretty close but we managed to retain the title by 6 points, Joao Pedro and Barbosa signing in August definitely lifted the side and to be honest I don't think any club on this continent can match us, would love another go at Club World Cup as I think we give the top european sides a run for their money.

I've got one more year on my Flamengo deal, I am actively looking for other jobs but nothing so far has cropped up that I am interested in bar the Argentina job that I didn't get.

World Cup finalist and breakthrough season with us sees Jimenez rewarded

One of my old players just got sold on again for an obscene amount of money

Turned into a hell of a player

Chance to flex my muscles against my dream club and the save end goal

First trophy of the season

Very happy with the balance of the squad lot of the players who left like Barbosa, Heraldo and Jo for example are good young players but they're never going to be a regular first teamer so I decided to sell as without selling we lose money each season.  So each year (if I stay) I'll sell off a few to balance the books.

Pedro was 34 and a good player for us but with Barbosa and Joao Pedro he fell down the pecking order, it also helped get £40k a week off the wage bill.  Caceres is a good centre half but I got Alex and Gilberto Carlos who need more game time to develop and if anything Gilberto Carlos is probably a bit better now.  His contract was expiring end of the season and it got another £45k off the wage bill.

Johnny I wanted to keep but he got his head turned by Europe and he had 2 years left on his contract so figured cash in now.  I have a replacement lined up anyway

So who we got coming in

Got recommended by my scouts and at £44,000 there's no real downside. He's staying with Douala till the end of the season as by next season I should have a few more FGN spots available so I should at least be able to name him on the bench most weeks

Can play on the right or the left, high determination and at the cost to bring him in there's no downside again.  No where near ready for us so gone back on loan and then next season I'll look to send him to a Serie B club

So I let Alex go on loan, sold Caceres and then Bayern are picking up Diogo for £7.5M in June as they paid his minimum release.  That would only leave me with two out and out centre backs in Raphael and Gilberto Carlos. I signed Clarindo when at Goias from Fluminese so good to bring him back to Rio and hopefully upset their fans!

Didn't feel the need to replace Johnny but then I signed this guy on a fre.  My scouts think he has a lot of potential and he could definitely do a job now.  20 determination so hopefully with regular football kicks on, I am overpaying him but that's what was needed to convince him to move to Brazil.  For a 6 foot midfielder I hope he would be a physical presence but with Strength 10 and heading 3 I think I'll have to rely on his other skills.

I re-unite with my old club in the Libertadores group stage, alongside my 2nd favourite Argentinean side

Also we have it all to do in the return leg

What a game. We went 2-0 up early on to level it up.  Matheuzinho got sent off and we somehow managed to hold on.  They then miss a penalty in injury time of extra time and then they lose on penalties.  I don't know how we got away with that one

Vasco and Fluminese both struggling at the moment so the State Championship was pretty straight forward again.  Sao Paulo one looks the toughest by far

My old friends Goias the only team to stop us from picking up full points and they qualified alongside us.  Velez were disappointingly poor as their only points came from trading wins with Bolivian outfit The Strongest

Gremio it is again in the Libertadores

I think I'm going to have to leave I've built too strong a squad and it isn't challenging.  Also the board keep rejecting my plans for improving the club or even sending me on a coaching course.  Doesn't look like the Boca job is coming up anytime soon though, I keep checking the job centre but there's nothing remotely interesting there.

Unbeaten in the league so far

We cruised past Gremio in the Libertadores and we face Goias yet again!

Surprised to see an all non-Brazilian quarter final.

Quite a few people left during the summer window.

Diogo was pre-arranged and had sat out most of the season anyway. Alexandre was a decent youngster but went to Asia after they paid his minimum release.  Was third choice right winger anyway and allows me promote Wellington to the first team.  

Ortega's contract was expiring end of the year and I recalled Simao early from his loan spell as he wasn't being played enough.  Caballero will now step up a few months earlier as the first team left back

Romulo was unhappy and wanted a new challenge and with Castellanos now the best right winger at the club I thought the offer too good to turn down

Breki didn't last long, never happy the whole time he was here and didn't play as well as I hoped.  Surprised Leverkusen paid his min release.

So we have a few faces joining 

Signed from rivals Vasco for £4.3M, already sent out on loan.  Next season will compete with Simao for the back up left back spot

David was going to join in March on a free transfer (when the foreign transfer window re-opens), but had the chance to bring it forward to now for £350,000  Least this way he can be registered for next seasons Libertadores group stage. Will try and get him a loan move till the end of the season

Raided Colombia again as Borja joins on a free after his contract expired.  Will be the long term replacement for for Maateuzinho who is 31 now

Signed on a free from Lanus the only one I expect to be a part of the first team squad at this stage. With Romulo and Alexandre both leaving he will play a bit on the right wing when needed.  With the vultures circling Meireles, Machesini and Joao Pedro I expect he will become an integral part of the side once one or two of them depart.

Wow 15-1 over two games.  I have no ill feeling towards them but my side always seem to raise their game against them.  Castellanos turned it on probably bitter over all those fines he got back in the day!

Could be a repeat of last years final with River Plate if they get past Bragantino

Hell of a season, unbeaten in the league

So close to beating Cruzeiro record of 100 points, would've been the icing on the cake to do it but we couldn't quite manage it.

And that's our fourth trophy

Perfect season, 5th trophy and back to back Libertadores

I asked the  board to put me through my final coaching badge they declined.  As a petty individual I quit.  They tried to convince me to stay on but it's the third time they turned it down.

I thought I’d jump back straight into a job but not much came up.

The Vasco job came up and I nearly took it to spite flamengo president but in the end I decided against it.

next up I went for the job of Bolivian side The Strongest but they wouldn’t pay for my coaching badge despite all my achievements.

Finally two jobs came up Santos and Vélez Sarsfield. I applied for both and had a decision to make 

13 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

This is a cracking save just read through it. You should probably change the title :)

Will you keep waiting on the Boca job or also consider the jump to Europe at some point?

To be honest I don't know how to!

Aim is still Boca.  If not available, in 2 years its the 2034 World Cup I might look into International Management for a bit but we shall see.  I don't really want to go to Europe yet but I may have to.

Onto the challenge at hand

Predicted 5th but the aim is immediate promotion, I'm expected to win the league and I think we have a great chance.  Our best players are defenders so I need to bring in a goal scorer 

Here' s a look at some of our best players

Ahumada has already a transfer arranged for £1.9M I am hoping I'll be able to use some of that money for new signings.  Shame to lose one of my best players already

Very good player and has Chelsea sniffing he has a £5.5m release which would definitely help any rebuild

Pablo is another top defender, can also offer cover as a full back on both sides, only trouble is he has a £2.2M relegation release so I don't think he will be around for long

Our playmaker, far too good for this level and I expect him to be a player of the year candidate if we can hang onto him

This looks very promising, a golden generation?

Hopefully this mans goals will fire us up, my scouts found him when I was at Flamengo but he wasn't going to play for us so I never signed him but he's perfect at this level. £400,000, half of it upfront the rest over 4 installments

With Chelsea lurking round Lopez I got another left back, even if Lopez stays he will make great back up.  Free transfer as well.

So first game in charge is a 6th round cup match v Independiente, looks like it starts in the 5th round and began in April,  Bizarre it doesn't run in sync with the league season.

To my suprise we won and a debut goal for Gonzalez.  We head into the 7th round where we meet Colon.

Couple of big sides in the 2nd division here with Racing Club who have won the Argentinean Prem 17 times.  All Boys and Arsenal de Sarandi both spent a fair bit of time in prem as well.

The league is split into two groups then the top 2 in each group compete for league title.  Looks like we got the tougher group

Tried to get Lopez here on a new deal to remove relegation release but couldn't afford his wage demands, club has a healthy bank balance now with us being £6M in the clear.

So here's who we have brought in

Gonzalez's new strike partner who for some reason was released by Independiente this summer

Raided my old club Flamengo, they didn't want any fee for him and he will be great in the middle of the park.

My replacement for Lopez from Vitoria for £45,500.  Bargain.  Got to be careful with recruitment now as I can only register 4 foreign players (Gonzalez doesn't count yet as he's under 20) so I got 2 spots left.

Edited by argento

10 hours ago, argento said:

To be honest I don't know how to!

Aim is still Boca.  If not available, in 2 years its the 2034 World Cup I might look into International Management for a bit but we shall see.  I don't really want to go to Europe yet but I may have to.

Onto the challenge at hand

Predicted 5th but the aim is immediate promotion, I'm expected to win the league and I think we have a great chance.  Our best players are defenders so I need to bring in a goal scorer 

Here' s a look at some of our best players

Ahumada has already a transfer arranged for £1.9M I am hoping I'll be able to use some of that money for new signings.  Shame to lose one of my best players already

Very good player and has Chelsea sniffing he has a £5.5m release which would definitely help any rebuild

Pablo is another top defender, can also offer cover as a full back on both sides, only trouble is he has a £2.2M relegation release so I don't think he will be around for long

Our playmaker, far too good for this level and I expect him to be a player of the year candidate if we can hang onto him

So you have to edit the first post. I also recently found out.

You should romp the 2nd division with these players!

• argento changed the title to Journeyman save round South America (Clan Juvenil - Boca Juniors De Cali - Flamengo - Velez Sarsfield) FM 22
11 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

So you have to edit the first post. I also recently found out.

You should romp the 2nd division with these players!

Thank you have edited!

Yeah expecting an easy promotion, managing to still attract decent players on club rep.

Will have a few updates later

• argento changed the title to Journeyman save round South America (Clan Juvenil - Boca Juniors De Cali - Goias - Flamengo - Velez Sarsfield) FM 22

Apart from a shock loss at home to Atletico Tucuman it has been a fruitful start.  We are far too good for this level, I reckon we could easily be a top half side in the Premier League.  Gonzalez and Rodia are tearing it up and I expect they wont be here too long.  Racing were undefeated and top when we played them but after we battered them they lost their next two games.

We progressed into the quarter finals of the cup where we have been drawn against Boca.

Boca outclassed us as we expected but it wasn't overly one sided so I still think this side can be a force in the top division.  We are now heading into the mid season break (season returns in February) 

Orlando Gonzalez has been unreal and so far bagged 25 goals in 16 league appearances.

16 games left and aleady opened a 14 point gap, Racing have turned things around remaining unbeaten in the last 9 games.  If they could score more they'd be a genuine threat

Forgot to post him earlier when I showed my signings but I bagged Saulo on loan from my old club Flamengo.  He has been an integral part of the side with 7 goals and 13 assists.

The picks of the “golden generation”

Low determination but hopefully fulfills his potential and becomes our number 1

Hopefully my next left winger

Bobby’s Argentine cousin, could play up top or on the wing 

was going all so smoothly till the wheels came off as we lost to both our promotion rivals. Although really it’s Racing and San Martin competing for 2nd as we’re so far ahead. 

Racing now 8 points behind San Martin in 2nd, I’d be surprised if the top 2 changes at all and top spot and a championship play off spot is all but assured 

I expected to win my group but i thought Racing might’ve put up more of a fight but they didn’t even get promoted. Remarkably we picked up 93 points and didn’t draw a single game. I think it’s the first time I have ever gone a full season without drawing a game 

So I knew there was a play off but it turns out whoever finishes 2nd in each group is promoted with the winners playing a one off championship play off 

Let’s add another league title to the collection 

Champions!

What a signing he proved to be, £400,000 well spent. He also won the player of the year

The good news keeps on  coming in, he improved so much I thought Flamengo might want him back, especially as they've lost 4/5 of my key players to European moves

One of the reasons I left Flamengo and dropped out of the running for jobs at The Strongest and Santos was they wouldn't pay for my next coaching course.  Velez said they would and they've now backed up that promise

Love how winning the Argentine 2nd division put me into the worldwide hall of fame.  

Lot of ground still to cover

Closing in on being top of the South American hall of fame. Gallardo and Gaucho are both retired so just need to keep winning trophies.

Transfer Window

Olimpia of Paraguay raided my side and managed to steal 3 promising young players.

Di Molfetta was going to leave on a free end of the season so I took what I could for him to raise cash to buy Alba

Needed a new keeper when Boca came calling for Ledesma for £2.1M.  

Linik Eduardo goes out on loan after signing Alba as I can only register 6 foreign players.  Only needs 2 years to get Argentine passport so hopefully next year he can be registered again.

Pernicone and Sanabria are both good young players who will develop more playing regular first team football so both go to the 2nd division on loan

Now we have the signings

our new number 1, since I accepted the offer for Ledesma I needed somone new and managed to get some revenge on Olimpia for stealing my youngsters by luring their keeper back to Argentina.  £500,000 after 50 league apps as I tried to spread the cost and thought if he works out well I could even flip for profit by then and use my 4* potential youth prospect by then

Can play right wing, behind the strikers or even up top, left Tigres after their relegation when his contract expired.  Handy squad player

Another trip back to Venezuela, will compete with Braga for a slot in the middle.  Very talented player and a bargain. 

Alba is a player I tracked at Flamengo. He had a £1.3M release to foreign sides.  Bit short for a centre back but due to lack of depth I can see him deputising their often.  Potential big re-sale value

Good to know I'm still wanted and I'm sure I might return to Brazil to take down my old club Flamengo who look set to win their 5th Serie A title in a row.  If the Boca job doesn't come up then a side like this would interest me down the road. But for now its thanks but no thanks

Edited by argento

Was a rough start with just one win in our first five fixtures.  I knew it would be a step up but with the media predicting us to finish 4th.  It didn't help that our star player Orlando Gonzalez got injured for 6 weeks. We're drawing a lot of games which is at least better than losing.  Top 6 is a Libertadores spot and 7th-12th is the Sudamericana qualifying spots.  I'd expect us to qualify for the latter at least.

Apart from the match against struggling Newell's Old Boys we've had a great few months in the league, no coincidence we returned to form when Gonzalez returned.  He is now attracting attention from Brazilian sides Corinthians and Santos so I can't see him hanging around too long.  I do have him under contract for the next few months.

We managed to overcome River on penalties in the quarter final of the cup.   Boca are still in it so would be considered the favourites but we got a hell of a shot.

We've climbed up to 7th now, Boca are running away with it already.

Cup winners!  Also means the league is irrelevant now as we have qualified for the Libertadores. Still want that top 4 spot we were predicted mind.

San Lorenzo got revenge in the league and a shock loss at home to San Martin but we go into the winter break on the back of two wins and a trophy.  

Into 4th but it is very tight with only a few points between 3rd-6th.  At this point its about cementing ourselves as best of the rest after the big two.

More awards for Gonzalez

Can we add another trophy?

January window over and we managed to hold onto our key players but we did see a few players leave

Coronel goes to the MLS for £750,000 as he joins Orlando, he was 4th choice CM and on £10K a week and was planning on leaving at the end of his contract so good to cash in.

Alegre our back up striker leaves for £1M 

Estrada heads back to Colombia to £1.2M as he joins my old rival Santa Fe to turn a bit of profit and needed the foreign spot for a player I had arriving.

So whose coming in?

Youngster on a free transfer will go out on loan for a bit will eventually make a good squad player

Argentine born Scarione heads back after 7 years in Ecuador where he has since been called up to their national squad. Will contend with Higaldo for the right back spor

Released from Olimpia and with Coronel leaving I need some depth in the middle of the park

Machado replaces Estrada and is a massive upgrade who also should become even better.  Kevin Lopez wont sign a new deal so I expect him to be my starting left back soon enough

We'd just lost to them again 4-1 in the league but we managed to pick up our 2nd trophy with a 1-0 win.  Gonzalez the hero again.  Give the man a statue already

Three wins out of five in the league has helped us maintan 4th but Estudiantes aren't out of it yet, Independiente are a fair bit ahead in 3rd and I don't see us catching them

Of course we get 2 Brazilian sides in our Libertadores group, Bahia just won the Sudamericana so might've come on a bit since my days in Brazil. America de Cali are a decent side as well but I still think I can qualify, just need to win my home games.

Great start in the Libertadores witrh 7/9 points, would've liked to have beat Paranaense at home but I'll take the point.  America De Cali gave us a scare but thankfully we managed to outscore them.

A loss to 3rd place Independiente rules out the slim hope we had of catching them up, but three more wins sees us open a 7 point lead over Estudiantes but they do have a game in hand.  

We're top so far but with two trips to Brazil its not guaranteed.  I'd definitely fancy us to beat Cali at home which I hope would be enough to see us through as runner ups

Gonzalez just keeps winning awards.  If Corinthians would stop offering just £2M for him, must;ve made the same bid 7 times which I keep rejecting.  Whenever I do sell him I;d like to insert a decent sell on clause to help secure Velez future finances.