How do I...

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, hufcpaul said:

How do I check what countries I loaded up on my custom database? 

I know what leagues I have running but I wanted to check what countries I loaded in the background, can that be checked? 

just go to the detail level page and you will be able to see all the countries loaded 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

just go to the detail level page and you will be able to see all the countries loaded 

That's where I looked but it only shows the countries I have loaded as teams manageable. Before I started the save I went into advanced and selected a load of countries to load so all the players from the top team would be on the game but can't manage in those countries.  

6 minutes ago, hufcpaul said:

That's where I looked but it only shows the countries I have loaded as teams manageable. Before I started the save I went into advanced and selected a load of countries to load so all the players from the top team would be on the game but can't manage in those countries.  

I miss read what you were asking. I don't think you can do that 

7 hours ago, doda90 said:

Hey guys, when I enter the game it says it's 24.1 patch but when I start a new game it starts with 24.0 always, how can I fix that?

Screenshot_1.png

24.1 is the game version. 24.0 is the database version. You have the latest update.

2 minutes ago, Denis7 said:

I should add that I am playing on PC through the game pass so I guess it still reads it as if im on console?

Then you have bought the console version, not the full version. As you can see the console version from Xbox can be played in Windows 10 PC.

How do I offer a contract to a player who's contract is due to expire in the next 6 months? I can't seem to do it for domestic player despite foreign clubs being able to, am I missing something?

Edited by Sud2002

18 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

How do I offer a contract to a player who's contract is due to expire in the next 6 months? I can't seem to do it for domestic player despite foreign clubs being able to, am I missing something?

If you are managing in England it's a month not 6 so you will be able to offer contracts to foreign players with 6 months left but for domestic players you have to wait a month to do that 

One more time:: How do I make the game land on the international team squad page when I click on a nationality as I could in previous versions of FM? "Preferences -> Team Screen Landing page -> Squad" works for clubs, but not for international teams. Whatever I try, the game lands on the international profile screen. Reported this as a bug for the beta, but got the answer it was working as intended and my follow up questions was ignored, 

I don't know where to post this question.

I've never played FM before this month, but out of curiosity, bought FM24.

I've played through a single season in the South African National league, and the board is thrilled with my performance (finishing 7th in a 16-team league when relegation was feared/anticipated).  

However... at the beginning I made some signings that put my payroll over budget by about 10%, ~$780k to a budget of ~710k. So the club hemmorhaged money all year and won't allow any new signings at all. Every single player but one has a contract that expires end of June 2024 (it's now end of May) and I can't resign any of them, or sign any new players at the moment. I have one more year on my contract. 

So, what happens? The whole squad leaves and I have to recruit a new roster from ground zero? Will I get fired? Does the club just collapse at some point?  

No idea if I should keep playing this save or not. It seems my manager has probably started building a decent coaching record, but starting over from nothing seems daunting, and clicking "Continue" for 5 weeks of game time to find out seems boring.  

How to I have my set opposition instructions apply automatically? I have set them up in the tactics page but happy to apply them each game by flicking the blue icons green. This also means I sometimes miss applying instructions when a team makes a sub. 

Thanks. 

19 hours ago, Saztronic said:

I don't know where to post this question.

I've never played FM before this month, but out of curiosity, bought FM24.

I've played through a single season in the South African National league, and the board is thrilled with my performance (finishing 7th in a 16-team league when relegation was feared/anticipated).  

However... at the beginning I made some signings that put my payroll over budget by about 10%, ~$780k to a budget of ~710k. So the club hemmorhaged money all year and won't allow any new signings at all. Every single player but one has a contract that expires end of June 2024 (it's now end of May) and I can't resign any of them, or sign any new players at the moment. I have one more year on my contract. 

So, what happens? The whole squad leaves and I have to recruit a new roster from ground zero? Will I get fired? Does the club just collapse at some point?  

No idea if I should keep playing this save or not. It seems my manager has probably started building a decent coaching record, but starting over from nothing seems daunting, and clicking "Continue" for 5 weeks of game time to find out seems boring.  

What you can do is, for the ones who you know you don't want to keep, open up their profile and then click Contract > Set for Release. This tells your budgets that you won't be renewing their contract when it expires, and releases the money back. Do this to a few and then after continuing the game, you may be able to offer some renewals out.

How do I make a player more interested in signing for my club permanently aside from raising my club profile/ qualifying for Europe. Does loaning a player and playing them the agreed time that was promised help a lot in then signing them permanently?

2 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

How do I make a player more interested in signing for my club permanently aside from raising my club profile/ qualifying for Europe. Does loaning a player and playing them the agreed time that was promised help a lot in then signing them permanently?

Giving them guaranteed playing time and also sticking to promises made helps. Also offering them more money in the form of wages, signing on fees and bonuses also goes a long way in my experience. 

31 minutes ago, jyny said:

Giving them guaranteed playing time and also sticking to promises made helps. Also offering them more money in the form of wages, signing on fees and bonuses also goes a long way in my experience. 

Thank you, it's more so they're not willing to enter contract negotiations for a permanent deal.

10 hours ago, coopie54 said:

My assistant manager has started changing my formation and mentality during games but I don’t recall ever asking this to happen. I don’t know where to look to stop this happening. Any suggestions?

Have you set up any game plans?

1. Is there any way to get an assist map from the data analysts? I.e. where all your assists have come from over a season / many matches.

2. Is there an up-to-date PPM guide?

3. Is it possible to train the "stops play" PPM?

Edited by whatsupdoc

15 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

Is there a way for the columns in the below view to all fit in and stick? When I resize the last column to make it fits, it will extend again when I go off and back on that screen.

image.thumb.png.6f0ded9ddcbe3a63d52ef37767f92382.png

Have you tried right-clicking any of the column headers, and using Auto Size All Columns?

On 15/11/2023 at 04:58, Kk57 said:

How to I have my set opposition instructions apply automatically? I have set them up in the tactics page but happy to apply them each game by flicking the blue icons green. This also means I sometimes miss applying instructions when a team makes a sub. 

Thanks. 

If you go to staff match responsibilities (or maybe tactics) you can get your assistant manager to automatically sort the opposition instructions for you. 

How do I see who is suspended for future matches in specific competitions? My next match is a league match so information boxes next to the players name on the squad screen is related to the next match but I would like to plan for a European match which is the one after next but that info will only show when that is the next match. Is there a way to see who is suspended for different competitions?

3 hours ago, middleweight165 said:

How do I see who is suspended for future matches in specific competitions? My next match is a league match so information boxes next to the players name on the squad screen is related to the next match but I would like to plan for a European match which is the one after next but that info will only show when that is the next match. Is there a way to see who is suspended for different competitions?

If you go to your fixtures, and select the match it shows who unavailable through injury or suspension in the bottom right of the screen.

Am 23.11.2023 um 06:54 schrieb FearMaster:

I started journeyman career. It is going pretty well, but there is a problem with this. How do I increase my adaptability? 

Screenshot_1.png

With a Journeyman Save you actually increase the value before the start, but later it only increases if you work in different countries/clubs. You only have a proactive influence on the value when you create the trainer profile.

Am 15.11.2023 um 05:58 schrieb Kk57:

Thanks. 

It seems to me that the whole thing is somehow mirror-inverted. As you wrote, the player-specific instructions are active by default, but they are never actually known. If you want to implement tactical philosophies beforehand via the opponent's instructions, you always have to "switch". Annoying.

But it works very quickly for me. Less than 5 seconds - although every opponent's "position" has an instruction by default, which I also use. For example, all wingers on the wrong foot, all those playing in a chain (defense/midfield) are pressed.

Would be nice if this could be changed, or someone here has another idea :).

how do I fix my replay screen - since the update to 24.2, my replays and swapped directions, so if I am attacking left to right in the game, all my attacking replays are shown right to left...

on camera settings for the match 'reversed' is unticked. If i tick it, then everything is going in the same direction.

Edited by coopie54
added info

How do I find out who's the bad influence from my players? I had a chat with the lads and they want some people removed ( which I can do right now) however I do not know who is it? Can some kind soul explain to me how to find him / them?