Your current save

Wondering how everyone's doing? 

I tend to save lower league and more in depth games for the full fat version, and try to manage higher division teams in the mobile version usually Crystal Palace it seems. 

Decided to start with Bristol City this time around. Much like Nigel Pearson the first season was tough and we were really inconsistent. Lost some of my better young players and for some reason we hardly got a shot on goal. 

Second season was better. I thought there was a bug as we hardly had any shots during games, but I noticed that my attempt to create more by being more expressive may have been an error. Sorting that out had a good affect and we narrowly missed out on play offs. Also a shout out to Victor Plasson. The game doesn't seem to rate his effort in the anchor role with an average rating of 6.5, but at 31 I think of the Icelandic hardman as being the glue that holds the team together on and off the pitch. 

Made a few dud signings too. Martin Boyle and Karth (sp) came in for good money and wages. Both were average and didn't rate me after season 1. Since pushing them out the squad has been more together and I've won the others around. 

Started 3rd season well and Adebayo a 2nd year signing for £3.2m has really stepped up with 10 goals in 8 games. I expect that will cool off, but it's been satisfying as he was written off by my coaches and the scouts didn't see him doing much. Some other players forced their ways back in after I wrote them off. 

Play offs would be good this season. 

Edited by BristolCity1992

• SI Staff

It's 2037 and amongst the surprises this year are the new Tesla flying electric car and Eastbourne Boro's continued assault on the Premiership.

The brave south coast outfit are light years away from where they found themselves in 2021, but seem destined to never quite lift the title as Liverpool are nigh unbeatable (damn it ;) ).

My side is pretty solid and the youngsters who brought me into the Premiership have been either sold on or grown into mature players now, with four of them representing England ... next year will surely be the season we finally win the Premiership with my tweaked 4-4-2 formation (decided to go 2 up front because none of my attackers is consistent enough when I play solo).

I'm afraid I don't have a single player in my side at this point who is in the database at the start of the game, so it'd be pointless me talking too much about them ... apart from so that that Juan Torreira will never darken the doorstep of the club again, the pacy wonderkid was a continued pain in the butt while at the club, skiving training and moaning if not played ... I patiently dealt with him, pairing him with a mature experienced striker and slowly turning him into a powerhouse ... then aged 21 he refuses to sign a new contract and sods off to Bayern Munich on a Bosman (admittedly in retrospect leaving him on a 20k/week contract was a tad harsh ... but ... ;) ).

I don't have a save right now, but my last one was with Coventry. Spent three seasons in the Championship without really getting anywhere. I signed good players, and had a beast of a striker in Victor Gyokeres (spelling?), but defensively we were all over the place. As always. Long shots in particular – can't defend against them no matter if I use a DM or not, pressing high, low, defensive line high, low.. if an opposition striker fires from 20 meters it's a goal. Infuriating.

Maybe I'll have another go during the holidays. 

1 hour ago, Footix said:

I don't have a save right now, but my last one was with Coventry. Spent three seasons in the Championship without really getting anywhere. I signed good players, and had a beast of a striker in Victor Gyokeres (spelling?), but defensively we were all over the place. As always. Long shots in particular – can't defend against them no matter if I use a DM or not, pressing high, low, defensive line high, low.. if an opposition striker fires from 20 meters it's a goal. Infuriating.

Maybe I'll have another go during the holidays. 

I have the opposite. One of the best defences and not so good going forward. I found an Anchor and high press worked a bit better for long shots. I've often neglected Defence on FM games in the past both mobile and full, but do make sure that it's a priority now as it's helped with both games. 

I've had my eye on that Coventry striker for a while and he's decent in real life too. 

Edited by BristolCity1992

Its NYE 2030. FC Andorra are currently level on points with Barce and Real for a 3 way tussle for La Liga after 18 league games, our first title assault. Building on last year’s 3rd place finish. A 23 man squad, all with 1 thing in common. They have to be Andorran to play for me. All developed out of the famed youth academy of FC Andorra....

6 years to make it into La Liga, with our first trophy coming last season (2029/2030) winning the Spanish Cup and the 3rd tier Europa League (Europa Cup II). Now a favourite of the 77,000 population of Andorra.

Finally taken over the reins of the Andorra National team. My 23 man squad now spend time together for their country. The youngsters love the development playing international football. Qualified for the World Cup in 2030. Promoted to The European League D, with the Euros in 2032 on the Horizon.

A couple of sons are playing week in week out (recommend getting a son for everyone) with a number of wonderkids who hopefully will be taking over the world this summer.

Its all looking up in Andorra.

18 minutes ago, jamie_B_105 said:

Its NYE 2030. FC Andorra are currently level on points with Barce and Real for a 3 way tussle for La Liga after 18 league games, our first title assault. Building on last year’s 3rd place finish. A 23 man squad, all with 1 thing in common. They have to be Andorran to play for me. All developed out of the famed youth academy of FC Andorra....

6 years to make it into La Liga, with our first trophy coming last season (2029/2030) winning the Spanish Cup and the 3rd tier Europa League (Europa Cup II). Now a favourite of the 77,000 population of Andorra.

Finally taken over the reins of the Andorra National team. My 23 man squad now spend time together for their country. The youngsters love the development playing international football. Qualified for the World Cup in 2030. Promoted to The European League D, with the Euros in 2032 on the Horizon.

A couple of sons are playing week in week out (recommend getting a son for everyone) with a number of wonderkids who hopefully will be taking over the world this summer.

Its all looking up in Andorra.

That's amazing, love it.

My current save is as Sligo Rovers, started as Cambrian & Clydach. Not finding that much time to play at the moment due to life and Christmas but should find some time over the weekend. First season in top flight and after a great start we are doing a Chelsea and faltering. Still, a 2nd place finish looks on the cards and I'm happy with that! This is a mercenary journeyman save in the British Isles so if a better job comes along I will follow the money.

Edited by ElliottMS

I have been doing an intercontinental challenge. Win all 5 champions league trophies after starting unemployed with unknown reputation! 

My first job offer was from Heilongjiang Ice City. Got promotion to the Superleague in my 2nd season. The budgets in China were incredible so I picked up a couple of promising Chinese youngsters but lots of ageing superstars (Eden Hazard and Andrea Belotti became legends!) Won a domestic cup and absolutely dominated in Continental Competitions by my 4th season. I walked away from the job at the end of the season (but have kept that save too, I got very attached!) 

My next job was at Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa. They were already in Continental competition and I lucked out with a decent squad. I completed Africa in my first season, won my first league title and resigned again immediately. Not sure it felt realistic but I had different trophies to win and I never felt at home there! 

Not sure whether my lack of loyalty played into it, but my next job at New York Red Bulls did not start well. Most of the squad were unhappy to have 'such an arrogant manager!' (I'm not sure what that message showed up for but it genuinely did and played into my narrative perfectly!) I gradually turned things around, got some good free signings from Europe and in my 3rd season won the league, playoffs and Champions League. Was going to do another season but couldn't resist when the  Newcastle job became available... 

So I'm currently in 2031 with a Chinese-level transfer budget again at Newcastle. They had been a midtable side for the save. I'm now constantly raiding my old teams for young talent, I hope they still appreciate my work there despite my ambition... One of my original wonderkids has joined from Heilongjiang Ice City and is now a world-class BBM. I think of him as a son! Got some great regens and working my way up the league. Hoping to get European domination soon and then see out my twilight years in Argentina to complete the set. 

• 4 months later...

First career save since the final update, been doing the challenges before.

Started unemployed , loaded top 5 European leagues. 

Offered job at Izarra in the regional Spanish segunda II.

First season , drew a third of my games, had a late run for the playoffs , wasn't to be and missed out, finishing 8th. Eder my veteran striker getting the golden  boot.

Season 2, started Season poorly , finishing 11th in the end (18 teams). The squad still struggling to accept me and struggling for goals, Eders age caught up  , finishing 2 points worse off.

Both seasons saw me fighting for my job under fan and player criticism.

1557247345_Screenshot_20220331-162351_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.44c4b7f062b2b919fe2100a51687c15e.jpg At one point , I thought about cutting my losses and scampering away to Lancaster City who offered me the job. 

Regrouped  decided on a settled team and a basic , narrow 4-3-1-2.

Another average start in season 3 had me playing catch up. However around Christmas, momentum built , on the back of being difficult to beat and having a classic big man, little man up top.

Managed to stay the last few weeks of the season in the playoff positions.

Going into the final day, I could fall out the playoffs altogether or win the league..

2092602222_Screenshot_20220513-141540_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.4fefc0244997eee106e7a4b0b0f58e54.jpg

As hard as we tried , the Oviedo Keeper had a Ludek Miklosko and we missed out on automatic promotion by a goal.

745834304_Screenshot_20220513-173655_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.5ce015565615e00e4d1a598fc1799d10.jpg

224279693_Screenshot_20220513-173705_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.20b385a42c2fb3bd513a98a6faf96094.jpg

We got beat 2-1 in the playoff final. Just didn't turn up.

I wanted to move around in this save, so at the start of season 4. I'm torn, I've put the legwork in and made improvements to the infrastructure, now got some decent youth and experience.  However the 1 team only getting automatic and playoff system is pushing me towards looking at other jobs.

Great discussion and hearing everyone's experience with this years game. Currently La Nucia in the lowest league in Spain and doing okay. Unfortunately I have Atletico Madrid in the Spanish Cup, and I'm not interested in seeing how big Simeones balls are lol, if he starts giving it the biggen like he did some years ago then I'll give him a weak shove on the chest like Wenger did on Mourinho lol. Just need to win a few more games in the league and all will be well. I'm playing Soccer Manager 2022 at the moment and am currently Stranraer lol. Best to play a few different games at the same time I find, SM 22 is a good game and so is FMM 22, although both are very similar in many ways I have the best of both worlds. I can't even begin to imagine managing a top team lol so I'll stick to the lower leagues. Now a huge spanking awaits from big balls Simeone lol. 

Screenshot_20220514-211055_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-211104_FM22 Mobile.jpg

On 14/05/2022 at 13:41, Marc Vaughan said:

Fantastic story so far - have you finally won the fans and team over with your performances?

I am still tolerated by the squad as a whole but it's shifting to people respecting me. Had to spend the summer offloading the bad eggs ! My way or the highway.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Navelgazer said:

I am still tolerated by the squad as a whole but it's shifting to people respecting me. Had to spend the summer offloading the bad eggs ! My way or the highway.

Awesome - great work, it's always satisfying when that starts to come together :D

I've not long started a save with Olympic Club Charleroi in the Belgian First Amateur Division. As my lone playing time is limited right now I'm only half way through preseason in season 1 after spending an age evaluating and transferring/loaning. Once I get some decent playing time done I'll update on progress.

Currently at the back end of my second season of my AC Milan save. I know it's not the most challenging but I'm finding it relaxing in the evenings when I get done with the real world. 

First season saw us do the league and cup double. Lost in the Champions League final to Inter, that was a tough pill to swallow. Belotti, Olmo and Chiesa were my main signings. Kessie was the star of the season. 

Season two... I'm 8 points clear of Inter in the league with 6 games to play. Lost to Roma in the cup semi finals. Porto next up in the Champions League semi final with a final against PSG quite likely. No major signings this season, I've concentrated on adding promising youngsters and bargains to add depth, John Stones signed for around £20m and has built a great partnership with Tomori, so much so that Romagnoli is struggling to get in the team right now. Angelo, Brazilian wonderkid is now starting to show signs of really developing into something special. 

I plan to keep this save going for a few more seasons and see where it takes me, I also have England, Spain, Germany and France loaded, typical big league save.

Next up I'd like to have a crack at the continental challenge that's mentioned a lot on here. 

Edited by superposh

3 hours ago, superposh said:

Currently at the back end of my second season of my AC Milan save. I know it's not the most challenging but I'm finding it relaxing in the evenings when I get done with the real world. 

First season saw us do the league and cup double. Lost in the Champions League final to Inter, that was a tough pill to swallow. Belotti, Olmo and Chiesa were my main signings. Kessie was the star of the season. 

Season two... I'm 8 points clear of Inter in the league with 6 games to play. Lost to Roma in the cup semi finals. Porto next up in the Champions League semi final with a final against PSG quite likely. No major signings this season, I've concentrated on adding promising youngsters and bargains to add depth, John Stones signed for around £20m and has built a great partnership with Tomori, so much so that Romagnoli is struggling to get in the team right now. Angelo, Brazilian wonderkid is now starting to show signs of really developing into something special. 

I plan to keep this save going for a few more seasons and see where it takes me, I also have England, Spain, Germany and France loaded, typical big league save.

Next up I'd like to have a crack at the continental challenge that's mentioned a lot on here. 

Love the idea of an English centre back pairing at Milan. Obviously you only had to fill half the puzzle up with Tomori already there but still. 

Started unemployed, got a shot with Notts Co, whom I accidentally led to promotion. The team emptied out over the summer and I could not get enough quality players in fast enough to make things happen in League 2, and so was given the sack after getting only 31 points in 32 games, which was not surprising, though neither were the results. They proved to be right, however, as the next guy finished 16th that year and they won promotion to League One two years later, where they still are today. I meanwhile found a new home at St Albans, where I stabilized the team at the end of the 21/22 season (which is indicated wrong in the screenshot) and then was in the process of putting together quite a talented team and found myself mid-table when Spanish side Gimnastico Torrelavega came knocking, which represented quite a jump in club stature, Spanish 4th tier versus English 6th. I took over there, guided the club to a mid-table finish, and then started adding talent. The next season saw a late run up the table and a surprise playoff push, while the third season saw us top of the table for most of the season, only for us to slump horribly and blow a 12-point lead and finish second. After that season, many of our better players left, and, rather than buying new established players I saw that a lot of our younger players were not far away from being great at this level, so I decided to stick with an incredibly young, but high-potential side, which started slow but managed to win the Federation Cup, and finished in a respectable 4th position with almost all starters (barring two) were aged 18-20. I spent much of the season fending off clubs trying to poach them away, and I imagine that will continue as they mature into the stars they look like they could be. According to my assistant, (unsurprisingly), none of the players 21 and under are playing at their full potential yet, so I expect that, as they start reaching their ceilings we'll be a force to be reckoned with, not only in the Division 2B, but probably the next tier, maybe two, up.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 7.03.43 AM.png