Scout Updates to Inbox

I have "outside of window" updates set to once a month. 

I am getting updates every other day. It's bugging me. I'm sick of seeing the same player pop up or acknowledging them all. I don't want to turn it off completely. 

Why is it ignoring the rule?

• 2 weeks later...

Still getting updates to my inbox every 2-3 days. A lot of repeats so I know the names of most of them they’ve been suggested so often. I don’t need an update on them. It’s spoiling my game having these pop up so often. What setting am I missing or is this a bug? 

In the  top right corner of the scouting centre you'll see this:

684252100_ScoutingCentre.png.8aceb90afd487b7d4f5cff41e99f16dd.png

If you click on the filter down arrow you can select how you want to view recommendations .. I put everything in the scouting centre option. If you click on the wheel to the left of the filter down arrow you can set the frequency that you receive reports.

Yes this is becoming really annoying on my game as well now. I get the exact same players over and over in my inbox, only way to stop them showing up is to select the discard option but then this hides them from any future searches (so I believe). I also get a ridiculous amount of scout reports for players that wont get work permits...is there any way to stop wasting my scouts time on these players?

Try going to Scouting>>Scouting Centre>>List and see how many recommendations there are. As it's June in your game the transfer window is open and I suspect that there will be more than ten recommendations. If so clear the recommendations and you shouldn't receive another notification for either a week or until there are ten new recommendations.