Teams with grey players question

Do teams in leagues that are not filled with real players, filled with ‘the greys’, eventually fill their team with database players as the season goes on? 

assuming the league is playable and not view only. And yes I know there is an ‘add players to playable teams’ toggle at game setup. I have read that the players added to the teams are funky in terms of attributes to position and attributes compared to the league status. 

im looking to play a level 10 England database but I’m stuck between hitting the add players or just leaving the default database alone and sign players to fill my squad. I obviously don’t want to do this if the other teams in the league don’t do it. 

It depends quite a bit on what team it is. If you are talking about teams in playable leagues, then yes, they will fill their squad. Some random team in a non active league will most likely not be filled up at any point.

When you start a game you can see the number of players loaded in the top right, and the game tries to keep that number even throughout the save. And it tries to keep it even on the number of players at each skill level and nationality etc. Of course it will vary a bit, but it will try to keep it along the same lines.

I am playing with the Newport Co de la League Two, in the lower categories of my team, NewGen and also players that appear in gray have been created.
Would not it be more consistent to create all like NewGen with your face and as template players for the team?
I do not understand that difference between each other.

Edited by anpuerta5

Asuming you're talking about the lack of players at level 10, what I tend to do is not tick the add players button and holiday the game for 10 seasons.  It helps the teams flesh out naturally and gives the added bonus that you can see if the database runs properly over an extended period of time

12 hours ago, XaW said:

It depends quite a bit on what team it is. If you are talking about teams in playable leagues, then yes, they will fill their squad. Some random team in a non active league will most likely not be filled up at any point.

When you start a game you can see the number of players loaded in the top right, and the game tries to keep that number even throughout the save. And it tries to keep it even on the number of players at each skill level and nationality etc. Of course it will vary a bit, but it will try to keep it along the same lines.

At what rate do they fill the squad? I want to have some realism to it and if it takes them a few seasons to fill out then it’s dumb playing against greys. 

i may run a test where I go on holiday for a season to see what happens. 

Edited by Pooter003

10 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Asuming you're talking about the lack of players at level 10, what I tend to do is not tick the add players button and holiday the game for 10 seasons.  It helps the teams flesh out naturally and gives the added bonus that you can see if the database runs properly over an extended period of time

Do you start unemployed instead of starting at a club?