Pre Latest Patch (Various Pep Systems) / Latest Patch (6.5.22 / 12.5.22 release) x4 tiki-taka systems - 41131 XT, 433 Pep'd, 4321 Classic, 235 FCB Inverted Pyramid

• BJT changed the title to Pep Barca w/MSN - FM22 / High Possession (Super Elite Teams) | Pep's Die Bayern / Inverted Pyramid (Elite Teams) | Pep's 3331 Cruyff Diamond (Super Elite Teams) | Pep's City Taka (Super Elite)
30 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

is it same oi's for every tactic

Yes these can be used for all tactic sets - although if you have CBs that are very good in the air you could alternatively show the opposing wide players to the touchline instead of their weaker foot. (With the 3331 diamond though I'd use the current ones shown, being the one exception.)

Edited by BJT

Pep Barca is hugely player reliant and they've got to be technically superior, although all Pep tactics are I suppose :) But I think the City one because it has a little less possession and a slightly greater willingness to counter, may probably perform better for a FM ME. Would be nice to see how you fare with that one if you got the players to play it. I also think the football is still very nice to watch with this.

il y a 57 minutes, BJT a dit :

Pep Barca is hugely player reliant and they've got to be technically superior, although all Pep tactics are I suppose :) But I think the City one because it has a little less possession and a slightly greater willingness to counter, may probably perform better for a FM ME. Would be nice to see how you fare with that one if you got the players to play it. I also think the football is still very nice to watch with this.

Ok thanks I’m still with Ac Milan in 2025 but I think I’m gonna create a new save to test with other club

End of season 1 review, playing with the 235 version in Anderlecht.  This went surprisingly well.  We won the domestic double, plus the Euro Cup II, beating Tottenham in the final.  I thought I would get crushed in that game playing with such an adventurous tactic, but the opposite happened.  I'll see how it goes the next season in the CL.

20220103195724_1.jpg

20220103195735_1.jpg

20220103205302_1.jpg

20220103205340_1.jpg

Nice Job @seb1083. I would have agreed with you! It's a risky way to play but if your team are capable and play well on the day it can work very nicely. Will be interesting to see, but I expect the better sides more solid and with clinical finishers will be a bit much, unless you're able to invest well in the Summer.

Edited by BJT

Fun to play and watch. Started new season with West Ham and it's performing very good. Total control and domination. Using City's version and you really hit this tactic out of the ballpark. 

Edited by Lewis Stewart

• 2 weeks later...
Le 05/01/2022 à 00:59, BJT a dit :

Nice Job @seb1083. I would have agreed with you! It's a risky way to play but if your team are capable and play well on the day it can work very nicely. Will be interesting to see, but I expect the better sides more solid and with clinical finishers will be a bit much, unless you're able to invest well in the Summer.

Well, I guess you were right ;-) First draw against Liverpool was a bit lucky, next two games were logical results.  But the last 3 defeats taste bitter.  I deserved a draw in all 3 of them.  PSG scored at the 80th minute, Benfica at the 89th...

I guess some of my youngsters were not ready for CL football (at least against 2 of the best teams in the world).  Maybe in 2 or 3 years.

20220116080158_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Mitroflo45 said:

Do you think that your tactics work for the new update ? 

From past experiences, they'll need tweaking to work on an updated version. With a few personal systems of mine, they were all nerfed and needed re-tweaking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2022 at 10:12, germafrodit said:

Will you update this tactic?

Is there a particular one you want updated? If peeps want them updated then I may review/release an update for all of them a few months down the line when hopefully there are definitely no further changes to the ME.

Otherwise I will probably end up just updating here my favourite one that I tend to use as it reflects the football I to like to play. (being peps' 235 inverted pyramid) I've already tweaked this one and it works quite well on this latest update.

• 1 month later...

Sorry all have been a little busy to update these of late. I had done work pre the part 2 winter patch, but this second patch had effected my two favored systems so I will wait a little while and tweak them a little longer before release, and I don't like compromising a style of football I want to play purely for better results.

I'll probably look to re-tweak a 433 City / Pep style formation, and the above has also led me to produce a brand new hybrid styled tactic but based on the previously successful 235/ 4141. (a tweak of the 4141 I guess). It instead also incorporates elements of Jose / Pep / Klopp into one cohesive system. I expect I'll upload something new the weekend after the next bank holiday (early May ish), hoping there will be no further ME alterations.

With respect to OIs, I've tried to optimize default settings a little further. So I will include new sets of OIs I would use in the likely two new tactical releases. 

@specialrequestCruyff was a bit passed my time, so I won't have witnessed enough to know exactly how it functioned with the particular personnel he had at his disposal. But they system has the same principles in place, very high press with players very durable and comfortable on the ball with an emphasis of controlling possession. So ultimately I guess it's all about the crop of players available whilst trying to utilize their skill sets as much as possible.

Pep has used it at Barca as well as Bayern, and Messi would drop deep from the forward position with Fabregas making the runs in behind from deep. They also played at a lower tempo that would maximize possession. At Bayern, Lewandowski wasn't really a F9 but a more complete forward / goal scorer so he was more of the fulcrum of the side. They were also a bit more cut throat than Barca, using the pace of Robben and Costa on the flanks rather than probe more patiently like Barca. Muller would be the player supporting Lewa up top from deep.

Thanks at @Mitroflo45. New patch has definitely changed some things, and I have found trying to effectively implement my style of football trickier and feel the Tiki Taka isn't as good to use as it was. (sadly Gegenpress is a lot more effective against it). However I don't like to compromise the style of football I want to create on the pitch.

I've tried to make this one a bit more fun to play, where rather than the Pep 433 (which I will also update / upload) is more about control with less of an emphasis scoring goals, here I've really wanted to produce a more aggressive system that will go for goals. Very reliant on quality players, but I think it's great to watch when going forward.

With any luck I'll have them both available here by end of next week.

Edited by BJT

That would make sense I guess. Football is a lot different nowadays compared to back then when teams were a lot more open and offensive in general and thus less defensively solid.

Guardiola it can be argued is quite a defensive manager, keeping the ball as the means to not concede whilst suffocating the opponents in their own third - and then relying on quality players in the final third to make the difference.

Latest Patch Tactics / x3 Systems - 6.5.22

BJT 41131 XT

BJT.XT-41131-Home.fmfBJT.XT-41131-Away.fmfBJT.XT-41131-Away.Hard.fmfBJT.XT-41131-Timewaste.fmf

BJT 433 PEP'D

BJT.Pepd-433.Home.fmfBJT.Pepd-433.Away.fmfBJT.Pepd-433.Away.Hard.fmfBJT.Pepd-433.Timewaste.fmf

BJT 4321 CLASSIC

BJT.Classic-4321-Home.fmfBJT.Classic-4321-Away.fmfBJT.Classic-4321-Away.Hard.fmfBJT.Classic-4321-Timewaste.fmf

image.thumb.jpeg.6caa8666d221888f01beb167e9aa9cb7.jpeg

06.05.22 - tactic releases

Okay all thanks for your patience, I’ve finally got round to getting these released here for what I expect will now be the final patch. They remain tiki taka based possession orientated systems which is the style I like to play and mainly create / view. In all honesty I would have liked to have tested these a bit more fully with a full hands on run-through + OIs, but I won’t get so much time after this week so if anyone’s got any feedback it will be welcomed, and maybe in due course they can be updated or tweaked yourselves – though bear in mind these are designed for superior teams.

(I did have time to quickly run through the 4321 on the retro database with a few player squad enhancements. I also have some sim results w/OIs for the 41131 / 433)

So what I’ve posted and worked on for this final patch:

-The 433 Pep style’d tactic has been updated, remaining highly possession based but now utilizing a half-back along with a more purposeful approach (quick tempo), so recycling of the ball will look a little more Pep Barca-esque compared to the previous version with a Busquets now at the base of the midfield trio.

-A new 41131/4231 of mine being an attempted adaptation of the 4141/235 is here. It was designed to be a more fun tactic that has the potential to grab a good number of goals, but consequently it will be leakier in defense. I’ve tried my best to make it as stable as possible as I really like the football it plays, but it’s perhaps the system most reliant on player quality all over the pitch whilst being very susceptible to being countered. It also incorporates elements of Pep, Klopp, and Jose in it's design.

-And a new bonus 4321 I have tried to quickly work on. Having a look at the squads in the 03/04 Retro Database, I couldn’t help myself but again visit the oldskool AC Milan. Some of the players there made me want to create an Ancelotti based formation – and I decided to go with the 4321 narrow Xmas Tree. It will be less possession based, but it will still look to open teams up in the opposing final third with a short / technical passing game. However rather than go with a v high line and full out press and aiming to win the ball back quickly, the line isn’t as high as in the other tactics so there will be more opportunities to counter, with an inclination to pass into open spaces to exploit whenever there’s an opportunity to do so. It perhaps won’t be such a strong system, but it’s something different and I think it plays really nicely. Guessing this wingless system will be most suited to Serie A.

*Each tactic comprises of x4 versions to use (they aren’t plug and play), and I will untick more expressive TI on the home tactic when playing in neutral venues.

And with these created for world class teams only, if you’re squad doesn’t quite cut it do expect to be FM’d a bit more frequently than you would like. Also given the tiki taka style of these systems, they will all be considerably weaker (especially since this last final winter patch update) when coming up against gegenpressing systems (in particular the 4231 gegen / high tempo formations) which I continue to hate with a passion =) So unfortunately these simply won’t be as effective as in the previous patches, but I hope you will still enjoy playing with these.

I’ve uploaded a word document that will contain the OIs I’m currently using (different all systems) and a little more information/ advice on the tactics. I’d strongly recommend to use these, in the hope it will get a little bit more out of them than without. I think for the 41131 as well, with the differing shape / pressing to it, I’d definitely recommend to implement OIs with this tactic.

[**(The 41131 OIs is currently very aggressive trigger pressing both opposing flank players without anyone in the DM slot – I haven’t had a chance to test without these, but my test ran currently has the trigger press always on these positions, though it may be more prudent to take these off especially against teams that are more clinical and can punish you on the break.)

>>Update 41131 / Please Note (** - After playing around with the OIs for the 41131, by default I would now recommend removing the highly aggressive triggers off on AML/AMR/ML/MR positions as this appears more stable with no setting set / (reflect in ver 1.1 amended OIs document), Only perhaps vs teams super parking the bus in a highly negative formation, the triggers may prove useful.]

If I do happen to produce anything else worth sharing over time I’ve created a reserved post for this purpose. Otherwise I hope for those that give these a try you enjoy them and hope that they work well for you.

OIs and Tactics- latest patch FM22 - 6.5.22 - 1.1.doc

Screenies

4321 AC Retro

image.thumb.jpeg.1a29a828b9c54a3f1b42b84fc03039da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7db9755e9015a90210a97dbbc9025d8d.jpeg

41131 XT - Notts County

image.thumb.jpeg.f67ec623be5c2a233d2e497c39bba4f8.jpeg

433 Pep'd

image.thumb.jpeg.0be87a0f0a2ace846e3277a5e1039ef2.jpeg

OIs and Tactics- latest patch FM22 - 6.5.22.doc

Edited by BJT

BJT 235 FCB – Inverted Pyramid Updated (Final Patch - 12.5.22)

BJT 235 - FCB

BJT-235.FCB-Home.fmfBJT-235.FCB-Away.fmfBJT-235.FCB-Hard.Away.fmfBJT-235.FCB-Timewaste.fmf

image.jpeg.8b5a4347698ee97dccbadbfb583b3cc7.jpeg

I know the 235 inverted pyramid was quite popular on the older patch and it’s also a favourite formation of mine so I was always quite keen to look to update this.

Well I’ve had a chance to revisit it and I think I have it working reasonably well again with the football I want on display, so I’ve decided to share my updated version for this last patch. It plays very similar to the previous one, a Pure Tiki Taka style with an emphasis on technical and creative players trying to create chance resulting in some very nice goals.

The main changes came about in the roles used, and following the problem I highlighted in an earlier post since the patch vs the 4231 especially, I’ve tried to get around this by utilizing a regista in the DM slot that will be more inclined to roam more from this position, which I hoped would make it harder to neutralize the side playing from the back. But it does mean you’ll again need a top player able to control things from here with good off the ball movement and footballing intelligence (with a good backline of course), but I believe from this and also now the use of an IF in the final third, this system is now stable enough to be used.

So to summarize it has remained very much based on Pep’s Bayern, but instead now incorporates a more similar movement of Ribery on the left and inverted, rather than Douglas Costa as a winger, Robben remaining on the right, with Lewandowski up top and Xabi Alonso playing the Regista role.

I’ve had two very good sim results using the home formation (infact, both best test results for LFC and NC), and I’ve had a quick hands on run through which went well. The biggest problem may be if you lack the quality to finish off the team moves, and so teams that park the bus well may be more awkward to break down.

For those that also enjoyed the 235 previously released, I don't know whether this is as strong but hopefully you'll also like this version too.

OIs I currently use for this system:

image.thumb.jpeg.38744e44c2bd49b0e52437fc8fbc4e1f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.375ed32937e818eda00c2215ce402692.jpeg

Screenies Sims (Home System)

image.thumb.jpeg.7c0800d0d80d092e270e51cacdb5c071.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7bf60dbee91bebf95274f21561e3711f.jpeg

Edited by BJT

• BJT changed the title to Pre Latest Patch (Various Pep Systems) / Latest Patch (6.5.22 release) x3 tiki-taka systems - 41131 XT, 433 Pep'd, 4321 Classic
  • BJT changed the title to Pre Latest Patch (Various Pep Systems) / Latest Patch (6.5.22 / 12.5.22 release) x4 tiki-taka systems - 41131 XT, 433 Pep'd, 4321 Classic, 235 FCB Inverted Pyramid

Guys, just so you're aware and for those that enjoyed the previous 235 FCB inverted pyramid version I had for the old patch, I've tried to update it for this final patch version. (12.5.22)

The details w/OIs will be in the post directly below the x3 systems that were released 6.5.22 on this second page of the thread.

Also below here is a clip where you can at times see this 235 shape working nicely and in place.

Edited by BJT

Just wanted to thank you for these tactics, they are a lot different than most of the ‘plug and play’ tactics out there IMO and obviously constructed with skill and care. 

Just to point to how effective they are, I started an Ajax save and used the PEP 433 systems for the season. Obviously won the Dutch league easily, but also got to the champions league final where I was beaten in extra time by a Messi inspired PSG. Considering that I only bought Adayemi for the F9 position (he was devastating BTW), this was pretty much the original Ajax team so was massively overachieving. 

Started using the 2-3-5 for home games in second season and it just blows teams away, even in the champions league. 

The only thing I’ve noticed is that the left complete wing back in the 433 and the left IWB in the 2-3-5 do seem to struggle for good match ratings and to get involved in the play sometimes. These are such finely tuned tactics - the football they play in the ME is exceptional - that I can imagine that these roles are there for a very good reason, but I wondered if anyone else noticed? 

thanks again - great tactics 

Thanks @jedidja for your positive feedback, appreciated and glad you are enjoying the football played in these.

Yes they are indeed. They'll probably never be as effective as plug n play's simply because of how they are constructed, but I find my enjoyment in this game creating tactics that play the style of football I envision in my head which I can then view in-game. It's nice this year the ME is a bit more receptive to playing this type of tiki taka football.

My only wish now is for Catenaccio becoming a bit more feasible to use...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 14.12.2021 at 01:23, BJT said:

Updates (Pep Barca)

Patch 22.3 (minor / alternative tactical set)

This amends the short corner routine in the original to a third near post variant. I have simply included this as when running tests you will have the potential to achieve more corner goals compared to when the short routine is implemented, especially when you have centre backs able to utilise this effectively. It may give a slight edge.

The setup will therefore help when playing teams that park the bus and hit on the counter a lot like in England and Italy where their systems will undoubtedly neutralize the slow possession football, especially when your team isn't overly superior to the opposition or doesn't quite have the quality to break down well organised defensive teams.

BJT-Pep.Home.Timewaste-22.3.fmf 49.57 kB · 232 downloads BJT-Pep.Away-22.3.fmf 49.55 kB · 301 downloads BJT-Pep.Away.Timewaste(Pos)-22.3.fmf 49.6 kB · 223 downloads BJT-Pep.Home-22.3.fmf 49.52 kB · 380 downloads

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Pep's Pyramid - Die Bayern / Now Released (18.12.21)

image.png.dd08fdb7feb293e406a3be494e6a05a1.png

235 Pep System Updates

-None at present

Current Tactical Set Released (22.3)

BJT-Pep235.Home-22.3.fmf 49.53 kB · 360 downloads BJT-Pep235.Away-22.3.fmf 49.53 kB · 269 downloads BJT-Pep235.Home.Timewaste-22.3.fmf 49.56 kB · 172 downloads BJT-Pep235.Away.Timewaste-22.3.fmf 49.56 kB · 166 downloads

I've now released a set on the same basis of the Barca tactic for his 4141/235 Inverted Pyramid, and this is my personal favourite. At times, for me the football can be quite mesmerizing to watch.

Again you will need to use your best judgement to tweak these to achieve a degree of success, such as when behind in games or employing timewasting / tempo in certain games or situations. I also again utilise a personal low block when there is a need to. And given it's another Pep tactic, generally the same principles apply, especially with timewasting where with the natural triangular patterns the formation brings about on the pitch, you can look to play out time with possession.

It will again be most suited for Elite teams, but with the quicker tempo game and the use of counter-attacking it will definitely be a lot more free-scoring, and possibly a tactic able to be used by a greater spectrum of football teams (will look to next test this and update later in the thread). But you will also concede more, a good quick back line is imperative as the system is vulnerable to a counter-attack over the top. You will also still get high possession with this more purposeful tiki taka style.

I'll  also continue to test and see if things can be improved away from home. But the tactic is naturally most suited for playing at home. Bayern were the best suited team to test with tactic with. I brought in a few players to give depth to the squad, with the results as follows.

For more info on the tactic, the preview post remains further below.

image.thumb.png.9d556d99324cf68f2f8a7c3ce58b56d4.png

image.thumb.png.e09c0cc9e2cd2c652fdb93d618091b4f.png

image.thumb.png.14d43396828145d47ee81de5fe0d83e1.png

image.png.796b56bc598865a3946411e8acc98d56.png

--

4141/235 - Pep's Die Bayern (Preview / Tactical Info)

This will be my other system I’ll share and make available for use, Pep’s 4141/235 Inverted Pyramid he used at Bayern Munchen. I’m not exactly sure how soon this will come out, but I have produced my base tactic and will carry on with working on the rest when I have time. For now, the clip will give a decent idea of how this football will be played.

Used Sparingly

Firstly, this was only a system Pep used sparingly. He used it a handful of times when his Bayern side came up against opposition who were purely looking to Park the Bus all day long. So having to actively look to control possession was less of an issue, and allowed this quite eccentric system.

Also his Bayern side were quite different to how Barcelona played. Although primarily they would look to hugely dominate possession, they were a lot more flexible where at times they could play at a quicker tempo, and were more willing to hit teams on the counter when there was the opportunity to do so. 

So this tactic will play very differently, but still fall under the Tiki Taka game style. Instead of the highly possession based patient / probing approach employed at Barca, this will instead play at a slightly higher tempo and be a lot more pro-active in their approach in trying to create chances.

I have done some testing already. And funnily enough, the team it works best with domestically is none other than Bayern, and so at first glance it could be quite effective in the Bundesliga providing you have the quality of players to carry it out.

Offensive Tiki Taka

Given this approach is a lot more on an offensive side of Tiki Taka, you will score a lot more goals – and also concede more too. It will also have less possession, because this system was designed to play against a handful of sides who just stayed back all game with no intention of doing anything else. So when playing against other teams that will actually play a more possession based game and at a lower tempo, this will be the cause – and if possession statistics are an objective, you could attempt to lower/manipulate the tempo to the more classic Pep style of game.

But with the TIs selected in this tactic and a higher tempo, it will be a lot more favourable to this ME and I expect from a results perspective this will be better. I think you will also feel more comfortable using this tactic in game compared to the Pep Barca one, because you will have a greater sense of the side being able to create or attempt more shots at goal rather than play the slow tempo based game of Barca which is more highly reliant on having the world’s best. 

Pep’s team I visioned playing this system I am creating was: Neuer, Lahm, Kimmich, Alaba, Boateng, Xabi Alonso, Thiago, Muller, Costa, Robben, Lewandowski

image.png

BJT-235.FCB-Home.fmf very nice. thanks .