FM22 England Level 10 Challenge

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are up!

We are sitting in 10th halfway through our first season in League Two. We've just come out of a poor spell of 5 games without a win, our longest to date so far, so hopefully we can kick on and possibly threaten a playoff spot.

Screenshot_20220330-113909.png

A couple of seasons ahead of schedule and we've managed to sneak into League 1.

Very pleased with our goal scoring threat, slightly concerned with the leaky defence! 

I don't think we'll have a problem staying up, but I am concerned that our completely untouched facilities will prevent us attracting the talent we need to grow, as well as actually growing any that we do convince to come.

image.thumb.png.48c03f0dc25c3bd1dd154803cea52202.png

Very unexpected promotion to the Championship, feels too early and I'm really not confident of staying up going into next year! I need to get very lucky with some loans and free transfers, although given our reputation is lower than every single League 1 team, it's going to be a tough ask. I've come this far with a very attacking approach, so I may need to slow that down a bit and just try to hold the line better!

image.thumb.png.9c2c33c64bca1c4dc07ba5cad9457c24.png

17 minutes ago, Hitbox said:

Very unexpected promotion to the Championship, feels too early and I'm really not confident of staying up going into next year! I need to get very lucky with some loans and free transfers, although given our reputation is lower than every single League 1 team, it's going to be a tough ask. I've come this far with a very attacking approach, so I may need to slow that down a bit and just try to hold the line better!

image.thumb.png.9c2c33c64bca1c4dc07ba5cad9457c24.png

yes that can be a problem, it was the same for me 1st season in championship.

Stonehouse Town FC Season 2029/2030

First season as a professional team in league 2 we were expected to go down without a fight but we finished a respectable 15th. Pretty happy overall. We got bought out mid season. We have fair increase in wage budget for next season extra 7K on top of this season. Nothing to note in cups but it was all about consolidating in L2 for us this season. hopefully we can recruit well over the off and have a crack at making the playoffs. 

image.thumb.png.19c9fecf2ba4ffb8ee1d71b4a3330bbf.png

image.thumb.png.5716d2f8afada8328474224fe461a4f2.pngimage.thumb.png.5e563223e4600212c6dc8c8973778802.pngimage.thumb.png.83e209c8ebf34fb3eff20ff8ed0c6340.png

AFC DARWEN 38/39

Well well well after years of struggle we have finally escaped non-league. I think this will be the catalyst now for me to shoot up and hopefully catch the rest of you. A dramatic play off final where we had the best of the game and ended up winning on penalties (without missing a single one)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Total pts 294

Trophies 6

Completely forgot to post here in the excitement of last season. Finished the season in 12th, 3 places above the 15th spot we claimed the year before.

Screenshot_20220419-183610.thumb.png.7381ee57a72153f4703c41ade28b2c0d.png

As you can see from the table, we also managed to top off a solid season of growth with by unexpectedly winning the EFL Cup!

This is Huntingdon Town's first piece of big boy silverware, and came from out of absolute nowhere. We didn't have the simplest run, knocking out Premier League sides Spurs, Everton and Leeds, as well as Swansea and Norwich from the Championship, on the way to a tough final against Man Utd.

After just five minutes in the final, Huntingdon's star striker Nelson Almeida scored with a well-placed finish, sending The Crom's supporters into raptures. The Cambridgeshire minnows held the lead until early in the second half when Liam Delap, a man who earns more than Huntingdon's Goalkeeper and Defenders combined, equalised. After holding Man Utd's superstars at bay for the remainder of the game and extra time, Huntingdon were victorious in the penalty shootout thanks to the club's Paraguayan international Goalkeeper, Mario Ayala Pacheco.

Screenshot_20220419-182919.thumb.png.678f1181bc0b684d708301f934af8aed.png

Unbelievably, this was our first trophy since winning the Southern League Premier Division Central!

Screenshot_20220419-175526.thumb.png.7ef157362a8fa174643d987e84c6c4e8.png

Stonehouse Town FC Season 2030/2031:

What a turn around. After struggling early on we put on a 18 game undefeated streak to shoot us up the ladder. Ended up 2nd in L2, automatic promotion which is nice after a few playoff promotions. Good cup run lost in the 4th round. Onward and upward.

image.thumb.png.f8cf7563bf58e36c1ce625b347e2ad72.pngimage.thumb.png.08772f967fcfceb95f9498f09c2aebfe.png

image.thumb.png.7be0306361f30c24310944277f339fe6.png

image.thumb.png.73ff3065cd743bd2d42190e20c510389.png

FC Isle of Man

image.thumb.png.beaf369363a97e8c0785ee916f111bfe.png

Overview

Summary:

Played 3 seasons. First season finished 2nd but won promotion as runner up. In the 3th season I finally could win our first trophies. We won the league and the cup.

First season: 15 points

Second season: 0 points

Third season: 30 points

So in total I should have 45 points

I play this save as a youth only.

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

For the league you are in, thats a huge stadium

Yes, way too huge for this level. But at the moment we play our games at Fleetwood, and that isn't ideal either.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

It may hurt your finances but it will be good for you in the long run.

Can you post screenshots whenever you win a competion/gain points please.

Yes, of course, but I started this save a long time ago and have put this save on hold for a log time. And it seems that I didn't made any screenshots t that time. From next season on I will do a full season review with all necessary screenshots, as this will be my main save from now on.

2 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

Yes, of course, but I started this save a long time ago and have put this save on hold for a log time. And it seems that I didn't made any screenshots t that time. From next season on I will do a full season review with all necessary screenshots, as this will be my main save from now on.

just screenshots of your history will do for now

Very average performance in the League, finishing off in 9th, almost 10 fewer points than last season. 

However, we did win the Europa League, giving us our biggest trophy so far, as well as entry to the Champions League!

I spotted Man Utd played very narrow, so I switched from my trusty 442 to the 4312 I used in the Championship. Doing this forced Man Utd out to the wings where they had no real attacking threat, giving us our first win against them since the EFL Cup Final a couple of seasons ago.

unknown-1.png

5 hours ago, Hitbox said:

Very average performance in the League, finishing off in 9th, almost 10 fewer points than last season. 

However, we did win the Europa League, giving us our biggest trophy so far, as well as entry to the Champions League!

I spotted Man Utd played very narrow, so I switched from my trusty 442 to the 4312 I used in the Championship. Doing this forced Man Utd out to the wings where they had no real attacking threat, giving us our first win against them since the EFL Cup Final a couple of seasons ago.

unknown-1.png

What an incredible achievement. Congratz.

AFC Darwen 40/41

Won promotion to League 1 after an up and down season (snuck back into the promotion spots on the final day)

Very respectable cup run lost in the 3rd round to Brighton I was winning 1-0 until about 85 mins and somehow lost 4-1 haha

Pts 378

Trophies 6

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stonehouse FC 2032/33

Second season in L1 and we get Automatic promotion!. 2nd behind an unstoppable Coventry City. Decent run in the FA cup. finances are sitting ok. Need to focus on recruitment next season we have done ok with players who are not really up to the standard of even L1 and just done well with tactics 

image.thumb.png.aba59cc5342cd318b816959f56fc30d5.png

image.thumb.png.cefb592f39dc6bfb373f22bccffe3038.png

image.thumb.png.426be2c6dc2186097280e00b6336b455.png

image.thumb.png.a0bd9484c6e09099105fd3c1b5e668fe.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doing the same as I did on FM21 with this challenge. Rebranding an existing team (Millbrook) to make it into the same team from then. They're using Test Park (formerly of Team Solent) so stadium expansion isn't as much of an issue. Not as storming a start as then since we took two seasons to get out of Level 10 but it's been back to back promotions into Tier 8.

I feel like I've got a plan tactically and signing tall players has helped. I've got a chance to go further as I hadn't updated with the frustrations at National League South level before. Hopefully, that is in the past and the league structure is much better now. 

I'll do a quick summary. Season 1 was a bit of a mess tactically with me panicking. For some reason, I couldn't trial anybody so signings were limited for a while. The team was alright but not enough to get the playoffs.#

Season 2, I made signings and a disappointing start to the season meant a tactical change to a 4-4-2 Diamond. Things improved and we dominated Wessex Division 1.

Season 3 was more of the same from Season 2. I made signings but I was too late on making the best signings I could so we had to sign players during the season too much for my liking. I'd be happy to do that if an obvious candidate came up but this was trying not to be poor. We got into the playoffs as the lowest team. Beat Downton 5-0 to get to the final before beating Baffins Milton Rovers with a 1-0 corner. We had the only cup run here when we got to the Quarter Final of the Wessex League Cup before losing to eventual winners Bashley.

Currently in Season 4 and I'm happier with the team. The tactic is the same but we've made crucial signings to move us through the leagues. We needed a goalkeeper since the one we had was degrading and retiring so we got that. Focused on defensive improvements and we're fighting for top spot with AFC Portchester. We're out of the cups so no big cup run to talk about so far. 

Spoiler

1569040_20230210145831_1.thumb.png.66bfe01c2c239c96ad8a139fce1b4fc3.png

With the Wessex League Division 1 title and the promotion via the playoffs in the Wessex Premier League, we're on 35 points with one trophy.

Season 4 ended in bitter disappointment with a penalty shootout in the playoffs to Bitton.

With some upgrades in the defensive part of the field, we were able to dominate the league and win the title after 34 games. We made some solid runs in the cups for once with a good run in the FA Cup, Southern League Cup and FA Trophy. The losses were unfortunate but we'll beat them one day.

As well as that, we won the league after 34 games. Looking through, 83 points is the highest total achieved by any team and the season isn't finished yet. It's another 30 points to take me to 65 and two trophies. Off to Tier 7 we go with some important changes needing to come to the club.

Spoiler

1569040_20230214182613_1.thumb.png.efe44aa1a223c00133b5391309df6b5c.png