Amster-damned!

B.W.G

October 2026

Fixtures

a4aa2d59d5e1245842fe726fb730eb90.png

Table

36865850d356f2df8cd808c9815514fb.png

I'm really happy with picking seven points from fifteen during October as it keeps us away from the relegation fight but I do feel we should of picked up more points as the defeat AFC Zaterdag was completely undeserved and we absolutely battered them so to leave with that match with nothing is absolutely gutting.I was surprised with the draw against Sparta Nijkerk as they had a disastrous day in front of goal as they outshot us 27-12.For the loss against Quick '20,it seems close than it actually was and we avoided the worse case scenario as they had a goal disallowed when they were 3-0 up and we came into the game after that.Both games we won were deserved victories as we were the better side in both games,no surprise that we were more dominant than DOS as they seem to be pretty useless so far while the Batavia '90 match was only slightly more competitive but we got the three points and that is the important thing.

We play five more times in November,four in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Purmersteijn,Lisse,Drachtester Boys and Hollandia,other than the match against Lisse,we should be able to pick up points in the other games as they are all struggling near the relegation zone.As for the game against Lisse,I am not expecting to pick up anything and looking at their defence,I will be surprised if we actually score.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing HBOK,they are a sixth tier side who are near the top of their division but we should be too strong for them as we have a team at almost full strength to face them so we should be able to progress.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking Advantage of the situation!

abb49926a86c622ed7477a662be86015.png

We have been doing very in the league so I thought I'd ask about Junior Coaching after it was rejected last time,turns out that all I need to do is go on a impressive run and they just gave it me.I'm pretty sure that Adequate academy coaching will be the highest in the league as DOS is only average and they had the best!

November 2026

Fixtures

579c99fc3b5bd34a53d411b30b582b2d.png

Table

6d85f1232bee03edecaadd0531b66718.png

Obviously I am not going to get too excited after we picked up ten points from twelve and moved into third place in the league,afterall we did face three of the worse teams in the league as we beat three of the bottom five teams.I think the result against Lisse was actually the best one as we drew against the best team in the league and we did it with ten men after van Oevelen received a red card.We easily beat Drachtster Boys and Hollandia and it could have been worse as neither team was in the game.We had a bit of luck against Purmersteijn as Holder's goal came from a defensive mess up,other than that it actually looked like it was heading for a draw as both sides were not too good in the attack.We beat HBOK in the KNVB Beker West 1 but we made it hard work as we scored all three goals in the last ten minutes of the game and I think we need to play better in the latter rounds if we are to progress.

Just the three games in December and we will be playing two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Flevo Boys and Ter Leede,needless to say that we are punching above our weight at the minute so these next two league games are going to be really difficult but we will be trying our best against them,there won't be any pressure on us so that could work in our favour.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing Marken,they are a tier seven side so we should be able to beat them and progress but we really need to start playing early as two of the past rounds have seen us not play properly till the second half.December will also see our next youth intake preview so that is exciting for us as our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment are the best in the league so it will be interesting to see how it will look.

Youth Intake Preview

A tale of two halves

9397e1ac0be7200f7c9c102631f164d4.png

b8f1b4142d019a661a140c8be3e0e915.png

giphy.gif

4b89bc6f9df35adb7ee78c48349de71f.png

Well at least this intake should address the issues I've had on the wings and we get centre midfielder which is a bonus,goalkeepers and defenders are always welcomed while two of the areas of concern which are up front and the AMC role are not looking too good.We also have a lack of natural DM's as well so using the 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond is becoming a bit more difficult.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2026

Fixtures

f5828405a77bda42b6bfce597e05c7d2.png

Table

826a2584262ccede543d6c8473a56722.png

We won one of our two league games and that has seen us drop to fourth but with how close it is in the league,I wouldn't read too much into it as there are only three points between third and eighth!We recorded a magnificent 4-1 win over Felvo Boys,I actually think this was our best performance in the league to date with the goal conceded being the only blot so I was really happy after that game.Ter Leede was just one of those games which you want to forget,we were always up against it after Mekouar was sent off in the 36th minute and to further my misery,Florijn went off injured with broken ribs so he will be missing for a minimum of three more weeks (says three to seven weeks on injury status!).We progressed in the KNVB Beker West 1 as we comfortably beat Marken and it didn't even take till the second half to get going.

We have four competitive games in January,three in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Staphorst,SJC and Blauw Wit '34,this is a pretty tough month overa as Staphorst and Blauw Wit '34 are among the teams fighting,we will give it our best but I doubt we can do much against Staphorst as they are one of the stronger teams in the league and we are missing our best central midfielder so I hope Graves can fill in well in his role.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing off against Uitgeest,I don't know much about them other than they play in the seventh tier but I won't underestimate them so I will putting out a strong team to increase our chances of going through.

January 2027

Fixtures

ef09487d713e89171978edd1ad1c6a25.png

Table

5c9f94881741d1d9bc789a1b3923befa.png

January was a weird month for us as performance wise we played well but results wise it wasn't the best of months for us.In the league we picked up three points from nine and that points return saw us slip to seventh place which is still really impressive as we are only two points behind Ter Leede!The one win in the league came against SJC and it was a really good performance and a fully deserved three points.We went down fighting against Straphorst and there isn't any shame in losing 3-2 to the team in first place and are the best in the league on current form.The Blauw Wit '34 match was the odd ball one,it was actually an even game and there is no way we deserved to lose 3-0 as that is a harsh score line but these things happen from time to time.We progressed in the KNVB Beker West 1 against Uitgeest,it wasn't our best performance by a long shot but we did the job and progressed.

February brings us four games and all of them are in the league,during the month we will be facing off against Maarssen,Sparta Nijkerk,Quick'20 and DOS.This is a tricky month for us as we facing two contenders for the top in Sparta Nijkerk and Quick'20 and we will need to be at our absolute best if we are to get anything from either game.Maarssen is going to be close game between the two sides and we do have a pretty good record against them so we could beat them again,DOS is the match where we are most likely to pick up three points as they are terrible and don't look like they are escaping the relegation zone anytime soon.My aim is to pick up at least four points as that is above the highest points target from previous season in this league.

February 2027

Fixtures

d387990f108f0be4a05b123205fc8ac8.png

Table

dd5d34b79aa6573b890ee3946018d319.png

February was a solid but frustrating month overall as we picked up eight points from four games and moved up to fifth place.Overall the results were really pleasing and I was happy for the most part when it came to performances,the frustration came when during the first half of the games as we always struggled to get things going and as you can see,all our goals came in the second half of fixtures.As you can see Holder and Florijn are still showing their class however Christopher Pauwels is a player I feel has gone under the radar as I was unsure on him at the start of the season and he has progressed brilliantly and is one of our main threats in the attacking roles,he has gone from 2* CA to 3.5* which is quite a significant jump in a period of less than a season.I think the most annoying thing for the month was the entirety of the Maarssen match as we completely dominated them but failed to find the score sheet!

Match brings us three more games,two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be playing Batavia '90 and AFC Zaterdag,on paper we should be beating both of these teams but it is dependant on who AFC make available for the Zaterdag side,if they put in some of their better players then it will be a bit more tricky for us. I would like to win to carry on pushing for a top four spot but even if we don't then we are far away from the expected relegation battle.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing United-DAVO,they are this season's fairy tail store as they are an eighth tier side so I will give them full respect and put out a strong side as I want to ruin their fairy tail and book a place in the semi-final.The end of March will see our next youth intake and it looks very promising if the preview was anything to go by,

The results are so up and down, with the ups not quite being enough to maintain a playoff spot. If that can be sorted, results might click together to claim a playoff spot.

10 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

The results are so up and down, with the ups not quite being enough to maintain a playoff spot. If that can be sorted, results might click together to claim a playoff spot.

It's a roller coaster ride of a season so far and it will probably continue as I wasn't even expecting to be this far up the table,even if missed out this season then I am certain we could push harder next season as this youth intake is amazing.

Youth Intake 2027

6th Edition

d931c5412fe49b3b8673a7b87d5a3a12.png

Not quite the full 5* Intake like it was predicted but it was still hell of a good intake.

7193033d177c0ef71855be021b9baa44.pngc2a9aa2243ff7ddef606763784babd04.png6d478880be295a3c57b573cbcb4d8b26.png

This has some great players in it and four of these are guaranteed startes,unfortunately for Gaari I've been using AMR and not MR so he will need some positional training.There will be quite a few players who will be in the first XI while there will be several others who will be more than suitable as a rotational option.

59af7c041abe404cb291a9989fd3295a.png

Technically van der Velden is my first "top talent" when it comes to youth intakes but he is a lot better than the players who came through in the first three intakes so he will still be signed.

Daymon Pereira

Nils Erbe

Furkan Apaydin

Giovanni Hasselbaink

Suently Gaari

This has been a phenomenal youth intake and at long lost we can finally see some difference in the potential ability and even then van der Velden is ahead of a lot of players who currently in the youth team.I've put in screenshots of the best five players in the intake and the first four of these will be able to feature in the first team right from the off.we also have four other players who will be able to be used as rotational options or backup options from when they sign so I am really happy with this intake.I think the only positions we are really lacking now are AMC and ST roles but Merencia and van der Graaf may have the potential to fill these roles so it will be a case of training them right and keep an eye on them.

March 2027

Fixtures

aaa22b67c89ae928331624c8387b9751.png

Table

a1a0c6a24e9d1f70c48b8f46079b83f0.png

We picked up two wins in the league and that has seen us move into fourth place which is the last playoff spot but with five games remaining,there is still a lot to play for.We narrowly beat both Batavia '90 and AFC Zaterdag but we were hardly convincing in both games,I am grateful we took our chances to gives us the win as both Batavia '90 and AFC Zaterdag both managed 17 shots against so on another day we could of lost either match due to not taking our chances.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we faced off against United-DAVO with the intention to end their fairy tail run and we did so in magnificent fashion as we gave them a 6-1 drubbing to ensure they received a nightmare ending to their fairytail.I've got to priase Holder's performance as he hasn't exactly stood out this season but he has still got to 16 goals and 7 assists in 30 appearances this season,I think I've been lucky with having a player like him as he has never been injured since he came through.

We have three games in April.two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1,in the league we are facing off against Purmersteijn and Lisse,talk about two vastly different teams as we are facing one of the strugglers along with one of the strongest teams who are also a promotion contender.Ideally we need to win the match against Purmersteijn and get something against LIsse if we are to keep a playoff spot but I know it will be tough as both teams will be up for it but I do now have the option to use my latest youth players so our team will be stronger in regards to current ability.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing RKAV Voldenam in the semi-final,I am pretty sure this is the first time we are facing a fifth tier team like ourselves in the competition,without a doubt this will be a very tough match for us as they are currently 2nd in the Hoofdklasse Zondag A and unlike us,they are one of the strongest teams in their division so we will need to be at our absolute best if we are to get a result and progress.

April 2027

Fixtures

cc678c9bfbd1a37d23da01696e2fb8d1.png

Table

569e543a57a2a41c448fc4a028494b0e.png

The league performances was a bit back to front as I was expecting to beat Purmersteijn and struggle against Lisse but the reality turned out to be we got battered by Permersteijn and easily beat Lisse and they didn't score their consolation goal till injury time,we have now dropped to fifth place but with three games left to play we are still in contention for a playoff spot.We put in a solid performance against RKAV Voldendam in the KNVB Beker West 1,it was a very close fought contest between the two teams so I am over the moon with Vandi's injury time winner as it meant we progressed to our second successive KNVB Beker West 1 final.It was great to see Nijman score on his debut as he became the first player from the latest intake to score,he was only playing because Florijn was an injury doubt for the game so I am pleased to see him perform like he did.

We head into May where we four games left to play,three in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will wrap up the league stage with games against Drachtster Boys,Hollandia and Flevo Boys,in normal circumstances I would say this run in favours us but I did lose to Purmersteijn in the league and they are in 15th so I can't take anything for granted and we will need to be at our best for each of the games if we are to clinch a playoff spot.In the KNVB Beker West 1 final we will actually be having a rematch of last season's final against DHSC,they are still in the Jack's League so the odds aren't in our favour but I will happy if we can make it more competitive than last season's final where DHSC won one of the most one sided finals I've been in 1-0!

KNVB Beker West 1 Final

Revenge is so sweet!!

a27aff04fd768bbfe6462ad599179a79.png

We got revenge on the third tier side after last seasons loss to them.

Did we deserve the win though....

88347b5a1ad3c529bfc6eb89090ae122.png

No...no we didn't deserve the win,I was just here to disrupt things judging by our 47 fouls :lol: 

Edited by B.W.G

May 2027

Fixtures

3105ed7868a040e308e6f4a17de1b2aa.png

Table

09f51ac8e0c3133089b9fe07fde08040.png

It was a great month overall as we finished off in the playoff spots and won the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we picked up six points from nine as we finished in fourth place and we were only one point ahead of Lisse and two ahead of Sparta Nijkerk so there was a lot of pressure in the games.We were comfortable in the two wins against Drachtster Boys and Hollandia although we should of beat Drachtster Boys by a lot more than one goal,the most notable thing from the two wins was Melvin Merencia making his first two starts and scoring as he was only playing due to selection problems in the AMC role so I am happy with that.The loss to Flevo Boys was annoying but the better team won at the end of the day as we suffered from a cup hangover.Don't really need to say much about the win over DHSC as the better team didn't win the game and we scored five goals from six shots on targets so it really was a misleading result!

June will bring us a minimum of two games as we start our playoff campaign off with two games against Flevo Boys,I actually think we have escaped lucky as there were some 4th tier teams in the playoff as it is a relegation/promotion playoff.Looking at the draw,I say we are lucky with being against Flevo Boys as I know how they play so I can set up accordingly as we try to get promoted via the playoffs but I know this will be difficult but anything is possible if we try our best.

June 2027

Fixtures

232ff267dbfcf29c87a5860334b790a4.png

Playoff Tree

0a138af02d831f5cd7fb9e2b745db760.png

We've done,we are going up to the fourth tier of Dutch football after we won our playoff fixtures.In the semi-final we were up against Divisional rivals Flevo Boys,the first leg saw us come from behind to take a draw although that was a fair result as both teams were pretty even,the second leg saw the referee ruin it for Flevo Boys as we ran out 4-1 winners to give us a 5-2 aggregate victory,we were 2-1 up when Flevo went down to nine after two sending offs and we took full advantage of that.The playoff final saw us up against ACV,our superior finishing in the first leg saw us clinch promotion as neither team looked like scoring in the second leg as the finishing was that bad!

End of Season update to follow then onto life in the fourth tier!

9c4258222ef861e02ff1fea31e4d53a7.png

Hoofdklasse Zaterdag B - End of Season - 2026/27

Profile - General - Vision - FacilitiesFinances

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

Nine players were released but this was done after I had received our latest intake,I had no issues in releasing them as they were not going to get anymore game time,the most recognisable names on the released list were Job Esseboom,Michael Antonson and Danny Musampa.Two players would leave the club as I refused to stand in their way,Schouten and Berends both left for new pastures and it was only fair that I let them go as they gave everything to the club and they were unhappy about reduced game time this season,both of these players were here when I took over so I can only thank them for their hard work in their five seasons at the club.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Hoofdklasse  Zaterdag B - 4th Place

2f129d1fdee59b1612eb036daee63961.png

I'd say it was a stunning season overall as this was our first season in the fifth tier and we finished in fourth place which was a playoff spot although it was a very close race for the playoff spots between Flevo Boys,ourselves,Lisse and Sparta Nijkerk.We had the joint four best attack and the joint fifth best defence so I'd say we deserved our fourth place finish as we were solid throughout the season.

Promotion/Relegation Playoffs - Winners

b8ae1ed21f1729456572bed3056de28c.png

We faced Flevo Boys in the semi-final and we won 5-2 on aggregate thanks to a dodgy performance from the referee although I won't complain about that as it favoured me!The finals saw us face ACV who like ourselves were a fifth tier side and we ran out 2-0 aggregate winners thanks to a clinical first leg performance as the second leg left a lot to be desired when it came to finish for both teams.RVVH,Baronie and Juliana '31 will join us in the fourth tier and I can say that RVVH had the biggest win as they beat a fourth tier team to claim their spot in the fourth tier!

KNVB Beker West 1 - Winners

e942ffe42a0576cf2879022a53395467.png

What a performance that was as we ran out winners of a cup we very nearly won last season,for the most part the run to the final was simple although it was pretty close against Uitgeest and RKAV Volendam and we even played the role of fairy tale villain as we got to destroy eighth tier United-Davo in the quarter finals!As for the final itself,there is no way we should of won that 5-1 as they were the better team by quite a bit and we scored five from ten shots (six on target!) to win the tropht,I'm also not sure how we managed to accumulate 47 fouls and only receive one yellow card so it's clear as day that the referee's performance was way below par!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades - Best XI

ea673f5d21b6aea59391bfa40c549fe2.png

Geryon Holder

Ruben Florijn

Johannes van Oevelen

Markús Árni van Kasteren

Jizz Iliohan

Manager's Thoughts

That was a fantastic season overall as we finished fourth in our first season in the fifth tier and won promotion via the playoffs and that has made it three promotions from playoffs out of four promotions,to top this off we won the KNVB Beker West 1 and that has made it two bits of silverware in two seasons,I think I should cherish this moment as things will take a massive step up in the fourth tier and it will take quite a few seasons before we can even think to push for a playoff spot,the only advantage I will have is that we our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment are much better than those we will be around.Financially we are okay as the bank balance sits at £160k and I have asked for a Junior Coaching upgrade to see if I can push that part into a gold star rating.This season has also seen our reputation increase,we have gone from obscure (0.5*) to local (0.5*) so that is a plus for us as it could mean we can get more money from sponsorship deals in the future.

As for next season,the board want us to finish in the relegation playoffs and I think that is what we should be aiming for at worse as that will at least give us a chance at surviving,a lot of the teams are semi-professional so it will be interesting to see how we can match up against them as the quality of players is probably higher due to having better contracts,I think Ajax Amateurs is the only exception to that as I think they have to stay as an Amateur side and they still produce a lot of talent due to have 5* youth facilities.We are due a new sponsorship deal as ours is up so that could be a bit bigger due to our new reputation ranking so it will be interesting to see how much we will get.The only things we need to look at in the future are going semi-pro and a new stadium,not seen anything about either one as of yet but semi-professional would put us on the same level as the majority of clubs in the fourth tier while a new stadium is still off in the distance as we aren't even filling out a 500 seater stadium on a constant basis at this moment in time.

Career Stats

f2857c335a64a706ad1196b95e03e943.png

International Play Watch

f5c1cafa07ff95e124d8f3bb6faaa17e.png

We are still at one player who gets an international call up and that is our Azerbaijani goalkeeper who made four more appearances for the under 21's,needless to say that Azerbaijan's u21's lost every game.

Triple the joy

2d10cf897a8f3fb5fae5ec94a7f7fdcf.png

I had no idea about whether this was going to happen anytime soon as I hadn't heard of anything but our promotion to the fourth tier must of meant that the club will be going semi-pro so that is a big step forward for us in our quest to become the best.

a9cf84e9ccc826cfd132bba166df6ee3.png

We moved up to a local reputation although we have stayed at a 0.5* rating so it's nice to see us get a £16k raise in the sponsorship deal as any extra money will be beneficial for the future.

8f8065fe3076070013260cfce700fc0b.png

This is the big one for me as we can't afford to upgrade the facilities so to get a Junior Coaching upgrade and we are now at a "Good" rating and that should be enough to move us into a gold star rating which will be fantastic for us in the fourth tier as we will have the best Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.If we can stay at this level for a few seasons then it should help us bring through better players into the team and eventually get into the third tier.