Amster-damned!

B.W.G

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, abulezz said:

Looking forward to seeing what this Intake is going to look like!

For squad depth it was a good intake as we now able to change things up if we need to.

For my defence which has been a bit ropey at times,it has been amazing as you will be finding out!

Youth Intake 2025

4th Edition

cec44399d4ad45cfb9ce89bf3005c3f1.png

1d8b64a967a1df3f9c0b677bab5028b6.pngcf616fb8bece1c2b61ed5044c9e67538.png

Johannes van Oevelen

Jizz Iliohan

Geryon Holder

Josip Markulin

Benjamin Thompson

This is what I call a fantastic intake overall,it will do wonders for our squad depth and it will allow us to change games if we need to as even players like Friday Samson and Christopher Pauwels will allows us to change things so we have a bit of width in the team such as a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 so it is a plus to have players who can change the style of play if we need to.

Defensively this was a brilliant intake as four of the top five were defenders,this will work wonders for us as they can form a backline with Jayden Stuut (YP3A),also having a player like van Oevelen is really helpful due to his versatility as he can cover the DM position if I need him to.We were also give a striker in Holder and he will be up front with Valdi (YP3D) for the majority of the time as Holder is by far the best striker at the club so I hope he can help us with our goal scoring issues we have up front.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play these players in our last league game of March as the Youth Candidate match is the day before our league game against Maarssen so they will start featuring from April onwards.I love not having to deal with registration rules at this level!

March 2025

Fixtures

782084b3f4cc96d499991c8b6e0cf2d1.png

League Table

3f5bcd9394ad464d22cb51bb6fe16ec2.png

Not the best of months in the league as we picked up four points out of nine and that saw us drop to fifth place although we are still only four points behind Voorschoten '97 with four games left to play.We lost out to WV-HEDW in the dying minutes in a very even game which was always back and forth,we actually came from behind three times but we couldn't make it four as we lost out.The draw against VVSB Zaterdag was all one way traffic but we failed to get the win as the attackers decided not to turn up but they did come up with the goods against Maarssen as both Esseboom and Vandi netted the goals in our 2-0 win.No complaints about the 2-1 loss to Purmersteijn as they were the far better side and should of really scored more than two against us.

Just the two league games in April and we will be facing Argon and Valken '98,both of these are must win games due to how close the league is and we should be able to win them both due to where they are in the league.I will be throwing in my youngsters from the latest intake as they will help us strengthen the first XI quite considerably so hopefully they can help contribute to the rest of the season.My aim is the maximum six points as that is what is needed if we are to get a better shot of promotion.

April 2025

Fixtures

91242a85f751b6b66208ba3ddca87168.png

Table

2a08a45a92f1633b295383162b900579.png

That went exactly to plan as we won both of the games and we also kept two clean sheets in the progress,these results saw us move up to third place on and we are now only one point behind both SJC and Voorschoten '97.The game against Argon saw us absolutely destroy them but I was a bit frustrated after the first half due to the chances we squandered but the second half saw us put them to the sword.The Valken '68 match was an even affair but I changed to a 4-3-3 as that had seen the most success against them and Pauwels netted the winner on his debut,not bad for his first game!

We head into May with two games left to play and they are against SJC and HFC Zaterdag.This is a tough month for us as we play two of the top five and both of them at the minute are in contention for a top two spot,the most important of these games is against SJC as if we lose this game then we are done but if we can avoid defeat then we are still with a chance of getting promoted.If we draw then the game against HFC Zaterdag then becomes a must win affair so we need to be at our absolute best in both game if we are to get a top two spot otherwise it will be another season in the sixth tier.

May 2025

Fixtures

62d7f305c9e8dcb36821a3bfb48d94f1.png

Table

6a404140435e3c46d768d88aa6462031.png

We were so close to promotion but in the end all of the draws we accumulated across the season cost us.We were slightly the better side in the match against SJC but we couldn't break them down and in the end it was two points lost.The match against HFC Zaterdag saw us pick up the three points thanks to Holder scoring the only goal of the game but due to results not going our way in other matches,we ended up missing out on promotion by two points.One major thing we be proud of is that it is now six games since we conceded a goal so that is a massive improvement compared to the start of the season.

End of Season update to follow then onto our third season in the sixth tier,maybe next season will be our time!

Posted (edited)

9c4258222ef861e02ff1fea31e4d53a7.png

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - End of Season - 2024/25

Profile - General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

Just the three players were released,none of the were what I would call talented as they were all bit part players but they all did the same thing and that was no show training,they were on amateur contracts so it was a case of off they go as I don't want them at the club if they are going to be doing that.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag - 3rd Place

4771d7c32f0d54a68bbf42741ca382d4.png

Another season and another third place in this division,despite finishing in the same position as last season we actually did better as we scored four more points and conceded seven less goals,we did however score one less goal but I am still happy with the way we played.We missed out on promotion my two points so it's clear to see that we need to change some of those draws into wins and we could find ourselves getting promoted.

KNVB Beker West 1 - Quarter Finals

1a5e1b399bbefe38f0d1a60062ca84b1.png

Our best performance to date in the KNVB Beker West 1 as we made it all the way to the quarter finals before losing 2-1 to Purmersteign,at least we can say we lost to one of the finalists of the competition.I generally believe we can win this competition in the future as were able to match the majority of fifth tier sides other than the one we lost to so maybe we can work towards that aim in the next few seasons.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades

d9188c557a3584d36442b4eda517f1b3.png

Jayden Stuut

Markús Árni van Kasteren

Brian Schouten

Alessandro Vandi

Denilson Tavares

Manager's Thoughts

I am happy with the fact that we avoided second season syndrome as we finished in third place for a second successive seaon,I feel that we actually did better last season as we gained more points and conceded less goals which helped us gain a bigger goal difference.I think the most remarkable thing in regards to players is that Ruben Florijn is still regarded as a 5* player despite all these youngsters who have come through in the last couple of seasons,it may seem he dropped off a bit in the last season but he was playing a different role but still managed to hit double figures for assists.The finances are in a solid position as we currently have £119k in the bank so that is brilliant for us as it gives us some sort of foundation for when we eventually turn semi-professional but I still want to use a bit of it to see if I can upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment again as it would be beneficial for the team as it gives us a better opportunity of getting promoted.Everything at the moment is going according to plan so hopefully that can carry on going forward.

As for next season,the aim is the same as it has for the last two seasons and that is avoid relegation in the league,you can tell that my board aren't too ambitious overall despite us finishing in third place for the past two seasons.We have a sponsorship renewal coming up and the deal will probably be worth the same as the last few times,we have moved up the rankings in the Netherlands but we are still labelled as Obscure at 0.5* so that is the reason why the sponsorship deal will be the same.With four seasons now being done,the chairman's status is still "loves the club" so I don't see him leaving anytime soon as there hasn't even been any rumours of a takeover of any sort for us,all this means to me is that the chairman will still be here to frustrate me when it comes to getting upgrades.Roll on next season as I will give it my all to get out of this division.

Career Stats

12177cc9e93893013d6626dc1caf5992.png

Edited by B.W.G

Posted (edited)

One Rejection and One Accepted

c61bd3fb5a3988a070fe5ce4f1d53a7a.png

The main one I wanted is rejected again and it leaves us at the bottom among some other teams when it comes to Junior Coaching,the day I actually get a request accepted for junior coaching then I will more than likely celebrate.

9f1e18de066db128bc7474b39b03a02e.png

At this moment in time,we currently have the best youth recruitment in our division so I guess that is something to shout about!

Edited by B.W.G

Posted (edited)

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - Pre-Season - 2025/26

Season Preview - Expectations

Nothing to see here...please move along!

Pre-Season Fixtures

d9307388e201e6351ab26ba40b86f1b0.png

A simple pre-season where we faced teams in the same tier as us but different divisions,I decided to use a 4-2-3-1 to see how it fairs and it looks like it worked wonders as we scored quite a few goals and didn't concede many.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

b76364a2f826fa462722d10c1cd86651.png486e13259b4dddfadd9d9fcad29d55b7.png

Ruben Florijn

Geryon Holder

Jizz Iliohan

Johannes van Oevelen

Markús Árni van Kasteren

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot to say for pre-season as it went really quickly,the only real change was another upgrade to Youth Recruitment and that now stands at a adequate level and that is actually the highest rated youth recruitment in our division!Teams did approach four of my players and they were Florijn,Schouten,El Khayati and Bereneds but as you can see they are all still here as they rejected the offers.The finances are still in a good position thanks to the renewal and we currently sit at £124k,the new sponsorship deal is worth £14k a season or two seasons so that works out to the previous deals which were one year each.

As for expectations this season,the board want us to avoid relegation while my aim is to push for one of the promotion spots,we are in a stronger position than we were for the last two seasons so we should be able to do better,this is even reflected in the odds for the title as we have dropped from 300-1 to 150-1 and we are also no longer favourites for relegation.In the KNVB Beker West 1 the board want us to reach the 2nd qualifying round,this should be pretty easy to achieve as we are facing eighth tier AH'78 and I am confident we can meet that expectation.Formation wise I will be playing a 4-2-3-1 with 4-3-3- and a narrow 4-4-2 as backups,the only reason I will be changing tactics is if it's recommended so let's see if playing more attacking will be the key to our success and see if we can turn some of those draws into wins.

Edited by B.W.G

Good season, just missing out on promotion to a slightly more consistent team. If No other team comes down we shouldn’t, the you’ve got a great chance of promotion either this season or the one after.

That youth intake was great for your backline, GKers and forward line. What’s happening to that Turkish prospect?

On 07/01/2022 at 02:30, Sonic Youth said:

Good season, just missing out on promotion to a slightly more consistent team. If No other team comes down we shouldn’t, the you’ve got a great chance of promotion either this season or the one after.

That youth intake was great for your backline, GKers and forward line. What’s happening to that Turkish prospect?

Believe it or not we've been really lucky with regards to this season as we have no teams relegated to our division and six promoted so it looks like the regional boundaries have come into play for us.

I've moved the Turkish prospect to the first team,Ali Acar is rated as our 3rd best striker behind Vandi and Holder so if anything happens to them then Acar will more than likely play.

6 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Believe it or not we've been really lucky with regards to this season as we have no teams relegated to our division and six promoted so it looks like the regional boundaries have come into play for us.

I've moved the Turkish prospect to the first team,Ali Acar is rated as our 3rd best striker behind Vandi and Holder so if anything happens to them then Acar will more than likely play.

That’s going to help a lot this season, those regional boundaries!

Acar becoming your third best striker can only be a good thing for this season and moving forward :thup:

September 2025

Fixtures

72aa62a58219721b3a4e4872c6541346.png

Table

9be0ae1dec24fcabb55384c536bcca14.png

We really couldn't of asked for a better start to the season as we won all three games as we progressed in the KNCB Beker West 1 and moved straight into second place in the league.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we played a 4-2-3-1 which I will be doing against teams we should be beating,we had no issues in either game as we easily beat both AH'78 and Marken to moved on the first round.In the league we play the 4-4-2 narrow diamond as it is better suited against teams we are even with,we put in a very solid display and we fully deserved to win the match like we did and it can only bode well for us if we can carry on like this.

October brings us four more games and all of them are in the league.During the month we will be facing Argon,DCG,EDO and HFC Zaterdag.I think this could be the perfect month for us to show our ability in challenging for the top again as we are facing the teams predicted to finish just above us which are Argon,DCG and EDO,if we can pick up maximum points there then that will really boost the morale of the team.The match against HFC Zaterdag will be a difficult math as they are one of the better sides in the league,we are away for that match so it mat be a good idea to play a bit tighter using the 4-4-2 narrow diamond or the 4-3-3 instead of trying my luck with the 4-2-3-1.Ideally I would like for us to be in the top two come the end of the month.

Posted (edited)

October 2025

Fixtures

0e6f8276b799aa3e59a8bfbbaeeab805.png

Table

ff3c5275708abbbc991b183b68611ca7.png

That was a brilliant month as we won all four games and we finished the month at the top of the table and we currently have a four point gap over Maarssen and Valken '68.With the first three games of the month we went with 4-2-3-1 and we easily beat all three teams.it was great to see Graves get on the scoresheet as I decided to give him some game time alongside Florijn instead of El Khayati in the centre of midfield.We changed back to 4-3-3 for the match against HFC Zaterdag as I felt using a DM would help us stifle their attack and it worked as planned but unfortunately we did get a but lucky with the win as our attack didn't perform well but thankfully Florijn netted the only goal of the game from the penalty spot.

We play six times in November,five in the league and once in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing ADO'20 Zaterdag,DEM Zaterdag,WV-HEDW,Valken '68 and JOS,this is a real mixed bag when it comes to fixtures as we are facing two teams who are currently in the relegation zone,one side in mid-table and the other two fighting for the promotion spots.I generally believe that we can pile the misery on the two Zaterdag sides but on the flip side I am not too sure with the games against Valken '68 and JOS as they are both really good teams with  the latter actually being regarded as the title favourite,JOS seem to be a bit more fragile in defence so we will have to attack them to see if we can take advantage of that.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we will be facing Eemdijk,they are a sixth tier side like ourselves and have also started the season off well so it will be a tough game,we will probably have to play that a match a bit tighter as we are away from home but if we play to our best then we can get through.

Edited by B.W.G

First International Call-up!

4c32cb0cd80b0fdb0f3d7c92b9b84337.png

This is a historic moment for the club,first player to receive an international call up at any level.I doubt he will get to play as he is the second choice keeper at the u21's at the moment but he still got called up!

49 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

The season’s started well :thup:

It has indeed,we've had a couple of slip ups in November but we still maintained first place.

Posted (edited)

November 2025

Fixtures

8bad2a3d6d4fcdad2705065e0012eedb.png

Table

25d954bfe77e178d36cb67576bcc5cca.png

Well all I can say about November is that we escaped with ten points from fifteen with the majority of the praise going to Holder who netted seven times during the month.We were disappointing in the wins against ADO '20 Zaterdag and Valken '68,by the time we scored late on both games we should of been out of sight but the attacking was woeful,the 5-4 win against DEM Zaterdag does not sow the true result of the game,we deserved to score five goals but our defence was shocking and conceding two late on like we did made it seem close than it actually was.The loss to WV-HEDW is one I can't complain about as we were shocking all over.Our best performance was against JOS and we played brilliantly even if they were the slightly the better side so I am really happy to have gotten a point.We made progress in the KNVB Beker West 1 as we beat Eemdijk in a fairly one sided affair,I am happy to have progressed but I feel the opposition should of played better.

We play four times in December with three being league games and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Wasmeer,Maarssen and Lienden,we should be able to beat Wasmeer and Lieden as neither side have the fire power to match us so we should be able to outscore both teams.The match against Maarssen on the other hand is a massive affair as it is first vs second,if we can win that then we can pull further ahead in the race for the title but we will need to be at our best if we are to win as we need all players performing to their best or it could be costly.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing seventh tier Delta Sports and I am confident we can beat them quite easily as they are struggling so far and at this moment in time,the morale of the opposition is pretty poor.December will also bring us our next youth intake preview so let's see what that will bring us!

Edited by B.W.G

A miracle happens!

9d9be8fe5a03a17cc81995a3d254ef8a.png

The Chairperson finally gave in when it came to my request for Junior Coaching upgrades,we finally have an upgrade for it!!!

Posted (edited)

Season Defining Win!!!

e3f994536adb5e077274b167a4f87c3c.png

What a win over second place Maarssen that was and we even scored the winner with 9 men!

Also I will say screw you referee,even you can't stop me!

9da8b2128838d09a3131af295b8db46e.png

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake Preview

79b02aa5ae2f68c2b2b56b1cc4731bd9.png

5b21e15617e9ea3101f36881ac9341ed.png3c60c7a54fa30c9fbd6a9c0a5dac5fd2.png

It's a 5* preview which excites me but it's the central midfielder rated at A grade that excites me the most as he could possibly be a long term replacement for Florijn who turns 29 later this season.Also having full backs and wingers will be very helpful as it will give us a bit more depth in those areas.

December 2025

Fixtures

76be251c18ed71018d9d30e76fe9de8a.png

Table

96a3c798333ee396ee2aeae3e25b6071.png

Everything went brilliantly as we won al three league games and progressed in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we easily disposed of Wasmeer and Lienden despite missing three players for the match against Lienden due to suspensions picked up rom the match against Maarssen.The win against Maarssen was massive as we did it with nine men thanks to the referee being bias,this win also helped us move nine points clear at the top of the table which is absolutely brilliant in our quest for the title.The match against Delta Sports in the KNVB Beker West 1 was a pretty dismal affair as neither side looked up for it but all it takes is one moment and that is all Holder needed as we won and progressed to the third round.I've got to give credit to holder,he didn't have the best of starts to the season but from November onwards he has been sensational and I can only hope it can continue.

January is a busy month for us as we are playing six times,five in the league and once in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing DSOV,Argon,HFC Zaterdag,DCG and EDO,this is actually a pretty tricky game as we are facing two of the top five,both of whom are overachieving quite a bit as they were predicted to be much lower in the table,we do have a couple of easier games against Argon and DCG,if we can pick up seven points then that will be enough to keep us at the top but I really need to be looking at picking up more points to make it easier for us in the run in.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we will be facing Velsen,this is actually a rematch from last season as we face them at this stage of the competition and we won that match 1-0,we are stronger than we were last season so I do fancy our chances of winning again.

A few blips but not enough to derail you. Though that refs performance sounds more than just a blip!

Holder has been great for you, with his name appearing on a lot of games score sheets :thup:

14 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

A few blips but not enough to derail you. Though that refs performance sounds more than just a blip!

Holder has been great for you, with his name appearing on a lot of games score sheets :thup:

It looks like this could really be our season as we are still top at the end of January despite dropping more points.I think the refs just hate me and my team as I received the same message against Velsen in the KNVB Beker West 1 :lol:

Holder got another two in January so he currently sits on 16 goals in 22 appearances!

January 2026

Fixtures

aa0a668304476b0ded16ba6f8d7355bd.png

Table

df93319b7f0aac74da090062e06f3bf7.png

January was a very solid month as we picked up eleven points from fifteen as we maintained our first place position in the league but our lead is now down to seven points and with eight games left to play,there are still many twists and turns left in this season.There was only one game we were not comfortable in and that was the match against EDO where we were outplayed by the opposition which is a rarity but they never really troubled our goal.As for the rest of the results,they were all fair results and Argon can consider themselves lucky as we had two goals disallowed so 3-1 actually flattered them.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we made it through to the quarter finals after we beat Velsen 2-1,it seems a close game but we were up against a very tough team and the referee and we still came out on top thanks to Vandi's late winner.

February is a much quieter month as we are only playing two games,during the month we will be facing ADO '20 Zaterdag and DEM Zaterdag.Both of these teams are fighting it out at the foot of the table and I think we could overpower them if our attack can carry on as both teams look weaker in the defensive areas so I will be going into both games with the intent to win them both.All we need is pick up two points and that will keep us at the top of the table,two wins will leave us on the verge of promotion if results go our way.Exciting times ahead for us and hopefully we can carry on our current form.

Edited by B.W.G

Talk about Déjà vu!

777493cf53c5f035a38f1f900813b752.png

Winning a game while finishing with nine men and scoring all three of our goals with ten men...wonder what the ref was like...

a2c6975d06b25dc00894561723b9b347.png

It's the same referee from the match against Maarssen when we won and finished with nine men...talk about a vendetta!

All I am feeling right now when I see his name...

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

More positive results!

I thought the head in the gif was smoking that cigar with it’s nose st first :stop:

Not that ref again! :idiot: :herman:

They are indeed and we have more positive results for February.

Good old Hades from Disney's Hercules,represented my anger levels rising with that ref :lol: 

We've had four red cards in the league and he is responsible for all of them,I really never want to see him ref one of my games again!

February 2026

2969a33e3939e4d87c6112ed845be296.png

Table

de5e6818209a3b6f6e011ac1f11d205f.png

Considering the circumstances of how things went in February,I am over the moon that we recorded two wins even if they were against two teams struggling.In the first game against ADO '20 Zaterdag,I've already show what happened for the majority of the game and to thinnk we'd win with nine men again is astounding.The match against DEM Zaterdag was a spectacle for the neutrals although we had two defenders suspended (van Oevelen and Iliohan) and my first choice right back was out injured (Markulin is out injured till April at the earliest),we snuck the win thanks to a last minute winner from Pauwels as we moved ten points clear of JOS with six games left to play.With these results,I am confident in saying that we have one hand on the title and it would take a massive downturn in form for us to lose it now.

We play three times in March,twice in the league and once in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Valken '68 and WV-HEDW,this is actually our last two games against teams in around the mid-table area of the league.Looking at how things are in the league,I think the match against Valken '68 is the more winnable of the two as they have conceded quite a few more so I need to make sure my attack overpowers their defence if we are to get anything,As for the WV-HEDW match,I'll take a draw right now as they are a tough team to break down and the only thing stopping them from being higher is due to the number of games they draw.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we will  be facing Fortuna Wormerveer,they are a fifth tier side who are currently top of their division so we will be going into this game as underdog which is pretty unusual for us so there won't be any pressure on us to win and if we do so then it will be a giant killing for us.March will also see our next youth intake and I am excited to see who we get through and whether they can add anything to the team straight from the off.

The Bane of my existence!!!

87ac55be41a64302af539e3c59370a38.png

It seems like a normal game and we struggled to get anything from it but the truth is that we dominated this match but we suffered from six yellow cards which is highly unusual for my team so I had to make changes before I had players sent off.

Wonder how the ref did....

db6b7fc27b6bdf38c2dfc81c223ac697.png

To put it into context how much he favoured them,we received a yellow card for every four fouls while Valken made 18 fouls and got one yellow card!

I must of done something to him to deserve his poor refereeing skills!

giphy.gif

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake Day 2026

5th Edition

8e24456eb6ac3140bfdba3c4bd80ab28.png

cb96d65515b6b2ae54749b387b5f17e0.pngf40642611b67c35fa0a33c6d3ab09364.png455604cd2aa38d406392cd7a695bff2a.png

Cecep Halitopo

Gijs Promes

Zakaria Mekouar

It certainly is a pretty solid intake overall as it will help strengthen our depth considerably with regards to the youth teams as they are far above the first and second intakes while they are above the majority of the third intake.The three to keep an eye on for an instant impact are Halitopo,Promes and Mekouar who will all be moved straight to the first team squad once the under 18 vs youth candidate game is done.Halitopo and Promes are guaranteed starters due to being much superior to the alternatives in those positions.I'm actually torn on whether I should be playing Mekouar from the start due to Markulin being impressive for us this season but it at least gives me two very good options for the right back spot and I think that makes it the strongest position in the team at the moment.

February continues that positive results trend.

That ref improved (?) slightly with yellows instead of reds? Still don’t know how he’s getting games :idiot:

Nice youth intake :brock:

6 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

February continues that positive results trend.

That ref improved (?) slightly with yellows instead of reds? Still don’t know how he’s getting games :idiot:

Nice youth intake :brock:

At this moment in time there isn't any stopping me now,not even Fortuna Wormerveer who play in the tier above could stop me :D 

I am hoping that moving up the leagues will mean I rarely have to deal with him.

It is indeed although none of the players who stand out will be playing till April due to a fixture clash which is a shame.

March 2026

Fixtures

3b6fa7c85fa4e467f073bcae7c8717ca.png

Table

aa679e51c3ab6ec6380a76cfd95e2515.png

Without a doubt the biggest result of March actually came in the KNVB Beker West 1 where we beat Fortuna Wormerveer 3-1 in front of their own fans,it was a fairly even game but we were much more decisive when it came to being in front of the goal,MAvK,Thompson and Holder netted the goals which has sent us to our first ever cup semi-final.In the league we picked up four points and despite the fact we have gone unbeaten,our lead has now dropped to five points over Maarssen but we do have a ten point lead over JOS with four games left to play so getting promoted is pretty much done and dusted for us.A certain referee decide to earn my ire again but MAvK played hero by rescuing a point from the match,we finished the month off with a fantastic 4-1 win over WV-HEDW and that was in front of a sell-out crowd so that makes the result even better for us.

We play three times in April,two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing JOS and Lienden,we are now at the situation where all we need to do is draw against JOS and we will be promoted so we do have a bit of leeway if we don't win.Even if we screw that game up,we are also facing Lienden who are in a relegation fight and are really struggling when it comes to attacking so I am confident we can get three point from that match.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing De Merino's,they are a sixth tier side like ourselves but they are mid-table so I am surprised to see them get this far but if we play to our best then I know we can get the win and make it to the final.

We are going up!!!

ff2e19f43fb3bac6f1a9e4d591022738.png

bf8d8be7288dcadd647b2c1ffcca81c2.png

First game in April and we've clinched promotion thanks to our win over JOS.Club icon Florijn who has been here since the start netted the winner from the spot as we have finally reached the fifth tier!

Also the chairman is over the moon and must be drunk considering he has agreed to these but I'm not complaining :lol: 

7916d752c689687814f9b8d69dd24906.png

0428df26023888af7e56db3161f0cf47.png

11 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Congrats on getting promoted :applause:

Do you get to play Ajax next season?

We're not even close to playing Ajax or even Jong Ajax,we will be going up to the fifth tier so still quite away from facing the big boys of the Netherlands.

April 2026

Fixtures

18f6fa635b130b9239fd2be19417b955.png

Table

a67cca8653d2a0b3b53ab7d70c28e22b.png

Not only did we get promoted,we actually went and won the league so we need to get a shelf built for our trophy as this is the first one we have won.We beat JOS in a fairly even game thanks to Florijn's penalty and in the second league game we beat Lienden 2-1,the Lienden match was actually a case of us getting really lucky as we had to play with nine men for forty minutes thanks to poor refereeing so I am over the moon with that win.In the KNVB Beker West 1 match against De Merino's,we won a very competitive match against another sixth tier side and we actually had to come from behind to win the game and once again Holder saved us as his winner sent us through to the final.

May is the final month of the season and we will play three more times,twice in the league and once in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will wrap our campaign up with games against Wasmeer and Maarssen,I am actually glad we are playing Wasmeer first as we will be missing three players due to suspension so I'd rather have them miss the easier match than the harder game.I don't care about the results overall in the league but what a way to finish the season off than with a game between first and second.In the KNVB Beker West 1 final we will be facing DHSC,I'm going to be blunt now and I will say that we don't stand a chance,they are a Jack's League (3rd tier!) side who have much better players and are a top six side in their league so I think it's a case of take the no pressure route and just enjoy the occasion as much as possible.

May 2026

Fixtures

c8705b4847c752aeddb24eb99d84ed09.png

Table

c11aa9e57412f0411466c942608786d9.png

Two games and two wins in the league which means we finished six points ahead of Maarssen in the league.The match against bottom placed Wasmeer was a slaughter and we easily could of scored more on another day but just the five will do against them.The final match of the season was first vs second and with neither team having pressure on them,this game proved to be one of the games of the season and Holder was the man of the moment as he netted five times including two late goals which helped win us the game.No complaints about the loss to DHSC as they completely battered us and the score line actually flattered us,that quality difference between the two teams is enormous and it will be a while before I get to their level.

End of Season update to follow then it's onto life in the fifth tier!

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag - End of Season - 2025/26

Season Review

Nothing happened when it came to transfers but this will probably the last time for a while as from 1/7/26,I will be releasing anyone I find not suitable as the number of players at the club is becoming far too much so any deadwood will be gone and that includes players from the first and second intake if need be as I want the numbers of players down to a more manageable level.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag - Winners

4c757cf9d2d78fcf8d023cbd8e9a7d76.png

We finally did it,we finally won a league title so this moment will go down in history as the first trophy that Warburgia have won in their history!This was our third season in the sixth tier and after two third place finishes,we went and won the title by a margin of six points ahead of Maarssen who fully deserved their promotion as well as they were always near the top.Our young striker Geryon Holder played a massive part in our league campaign as he finished as the leagues top scorer with 21 goals in 25 appearances,of his performances there was nothing better than his five goal haul against Maarssen on the final day of the season.

KNVB Beker West 1 - Runners-Up

db6a36e9e71d3c041d3ef7ed01d84a71.png

What a fairy tail run we went on as we made it all the way to the final and even provided an upset against Fortuna Wormerveer in the quarter finals.Unfortunately there was no fairy tail ending for us as DHSC completely crushed us,the only thing I can take solace in is that it was only a 1-0 defeat and that we could of easily conceded five or six.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades - Best XI

9970c9c357b992eff130fcfecaff4cc4.png

Geryon Holder

Ruben Florijn

Jayden Stuut

Johanes van Oevelen

Markús Árni van Kasteren

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we clinched our first bit of silverware in this save in the shape of a league title and we made it all the way to the final of the KNVB Beker West 1 where we lost to a much superior side and we even got just over £1k for losing the final.Holder played a massive part in our success this season as he netted 27 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions and that was after he made a slow start where he had score 2 in 8!Financially we are doing okay as we have £135k in the bank but I am expecting this to take a hit in the future due to the upgrades to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment,both of which now sit an average level so that is really good for a club of our stature.The only thing I am really disappointed in is my grade when it comes to manager performance,I've been graded at A-,I got the team to a cup final and won the league despite being ranked at 100-1 for the title at the start of the season,surely I deserve an A+ for the work I've done!

As for next season,the board want us to fight bravely against relegation and I think that is a sensible aim as it means there isn't any pressure on me to succeed,I do believe we can survive as I've beaten teams who are in the fifth tier before so I think surviving is a possibility and with having the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded,we should be able to get better youngsters through the system so a lot of players who have helped us get here could find there positions under threat in the near future.There isn't anything to note regarding finances as we will be going into the second year of our sponsorship deal so we will have another £14k to add to the coffers,I will try to see if I can get more upgrades for the Junior Coaching as if we can be at the top end of that in comparison to other teams in the league then that will bode well for the future but for now it's time to enjoy pre-season and the small bit of work I have to do!

Career Stats

6c8634de40c56183fd86deab586ec68f.png

Edited by B.W.G

Club International Watch

29493ffc09af7ca3dccb188eea91c6cd.png

Our little Azeri who is our second choice keeper was called up for the Azerbaijan's u21s but I though he wouldn't play,not often that I turn out to be wrong as he actually played three times for them during the season!

An Unknown Future?

ffd66ea9187bbe8a45aeac442fe6a3a3.png

e06b798cf60b8c235127c0f0f3ca01e3.png

I really do not know what to make of this,we've just got promoted and my chairperson as decided he will retire by the 13/6/26,the in game date is currently 2/6/26 so we only have eleven days left with Sven Martina,it can't be a promotion from within as there isn't anyone else in the club so I'm going to guess and say that it will be a local business or a fans trust.

A league win and a cup final is a good season :thup:

Remind me what tier you started at again? Feels like you’ve already promoted 5 times to get to this point. Is this the Dutch equivalent of the conference league?

I can’t remember ever seeing an owner retire. Will be curious to see what happens. FM doesn’t do inheritance very well by the looks of things.

38 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

A league win and a cup final is a good season :thup:

Remind me what tier you started at again? Feels like you’ve already promoted 5 times to get to this point. Is this the Dutch equivalent of the conference league?

I can’t remember ever seeing an owner retire. Will be curious to see what happens. FM doesn’t do inheritance very well by the looks of things.

We started in tier eight which is the Dutch equivalent of the English County Leagues so even lower than the conference league.

He had to drag his retirement date a bit longer due to the person he was in talks with dragging his feet,when a chairperson retires then a potential new one enters talks to takeover the club.I;ve just not posted the update for it yet :lol: 

Takeover Completed!

1a7afde158437be82cfb77d3a6639b65.png

3853a77190ae442924779b880fa68bef.png

I had a feeling it was going to be a local businessman or a fan's trust for a takeover and I was right with it being a local businessman,it was pretty nice to see him put some extra money into the club as that takes our balance up to £160k.

I also bugged him on his first day for improvements,I manage to get one of the two I asked for,unfortunately we didn't get the Junior Coaching one but our youth recruitment is now at a Good level which is phenomenal for a club at this level.

c5104488b0f96a47fe7e99bd36f7e9cb.png

54c17d5733ddede7d8a736a067ff90f2.png

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Unfortunately, the Junior coaching is what improves the quality of player and good recruitment will give you plenty of choices at least!

I might not have gotten the Junior Coaching but it's still the second best in the league so I can't be too upset with that but if we can please the chairman with our results then we could possibly get an upgrade if we are exceeding expectations so it's not all doom and gloom.

On the other hand,no one comes close to us in regards to youth recruitment so I will be happy with plenty of choices :D 

Hoofdklasse Zaterdag B - Pre-Season - 2026/27

Season Preview - Expectations

In total I released 29 players,24 of which were players who came through our youth system.The reason I decided to have a clear out is that they were not going to make it at the club and we had far too many players for it to be manageable so sacrifices needed to be made and they were chosen.There will be another clear out at the end of next season as the latest intake will have the majority overtake the deadweight as I think there are a lot of players still here who are not good enough.As for the two who left the club permanently,I thank them both for the hard work they've put in over the last five years but they were left on the fringes so I refused to stand in the way of these two had been here since day 1.

Pre-Season Fixtures

67563a116dff495864e7d3f166848963.png

Doesn't look to be the best of pre-seasons but there was a lot of rotation involved as I needed to try and get everyone's match fitness up ahead of the new season.The win over Always Forward is a good one for us going into the new season as they are a fifth tier side like us but play in a different division.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

11188221b8e85227c4d4a505c64ac313.png05b826fb2d755f021f6fd3a3ae4cd949.png

Jizz Iliohan

Johannes van Oevelen

Ruben Florijn

Cecep Halitopo

Geryon Holder

Manager's Thoughts

That was a busier pre-season than I normally deal with as we finally had our takeover completed in which the new chairman has relatively impressed me as he added £20k to the clubs coffers and gave us a youth recruitment upgrade,while this happening I decided to trim the team as we let a lot of players leave due to them not being good enough and we don't have a reserve team to help with development so it was either let them go or further inflate the team with players from the future intakes.The clubs reputation has improved although the ratings have stayed at obscure and 0.5*,there are now only 35 teams above us in the rankings before we become a "local" team at 0.5* so we could hit that in a few years if we can carry on doing well and being a local club would help us with better sponsorship deals.Financially we are quite solid as we have £158k in the bank so I am happy with that,it isn't enough for any facility upgrades but I will be willing to use it for further Junior Coaching in the future as that is a bit behind our youth recruitment rating.The only other thing to note is that I tried to get a senior affiliate for facility purposes but it didn't work so that is something I will keep an eye on in the future.

As for the objectives this season,it is all about trying to avoid relegation in the league and I feel like we can do that as we have beaten fifth tier teams in the KNVB Beker West 1 with weaker sides then we currently have,I feel if we have a bit of luck then we could possibly get a mid-table spot and that would be amazing for our first season in the fifth tier.For the KNVB Beker West 1,the boards expectations are to reach the first round and that should be easy to do as we should be more than strong enough to beat the teams in the sixth,seventh and eighth tier so there shouldn't be any issues in meeting that expectation.Time to show the fifth tier what we are made of!

August 2026

Fixtures

04bba0d1096b993700a43c29f6003d6e.png

Table

ed435ae8333f9867f8d9cede3bc3be5b.png

An earlier kick off to the season due to being in a league where there are  more teams.Our first game of the season was away to Ter Leede and all I can say is that we were extremely lucky to escape the match with a point thanks to Florijn's late equalizer,if that game is anything to go by then this could be a long season.Disciplinary action was also taken as Promes (AMR),MAvK (AMC) and Pauwels (AML) all received a warning for their shocking performances as the highest rating of these three players was a 6.2!

September sees us play five times,four are league games with the other being in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Staphorst,SJC,Blauw Wit '34 and Maarssen,I'm not going to comment on how we should do against these teams as it is too early in the season but I am familiar with SJC and of course Maarssen due to our time in same division in the sixth tier.Also to note,Blauw Wit '34 have nothing to do with the Blauw Wit we had the title tussle with in the 7th and 8th tiers.I can't really make a comment about the KNVB Beker West 1 as the draw hasn't been made yet but we need to win that match to try and meet the boards expectations of getting to the first round.

September 2026

Fixtures

01c18747819d46b158a3ee52258bb536.png

Table

6b742da7170ad3da69c89520f9ca1c59.png

I say that we didn't deserve the eight points from twelve that we picked up as we literally stole a point from both Staphorst and SJC,in both games the opposition were the better side and we stole a point late on thanks to Samson and Holder.No complaints about the wins over Blauw Wit '34 and Maarssen as we were the better side in both games although we were hanging on in the match against Maarssen due to van Oevelen getting himself sent off and that is really annoying as we are playing Sparta Nijkerk next!It took a second half showing to beat Alcmaria Victrix in the KNVB Beker West 1,nice to see the players respond well after I tore into them at half-time as we were 1-0 down at that point but we did progress and that will keep the board satisfied.

October will sees us play five time and all of them are in the league,during the month we will be facing Sparta Nijkerk,Quick '20,DOS,Bataavia '90 and AFC Zaterdag.I dount we will do anything against Sparta Nijkerk as they are second favourites and we are without one of our best defenders.I generally believe we can pick up points against Quick '20 and DOS so I will be aiming to do so in those games.The weird ones for me are the games against AFC Zaterdag and Batavia '90,both are predicted to do really well but have started quite poorly although with AFC Zaterdag being a second team then it could be the case of none of the stronger players are in the Zaterdag team but the AFC team instead so that one will depend on who AFC make available for the game.