Youth Intake 2023

b5ef21dc2397939b05da950fed95ee76.png

c0c5233f496066873d5a1f0aec30f834.png8de57d28491ea5d03dadc6efdccafc8d.png

Ferry Gillet

Klaas Gouweleeuw

Emin Maksutaj

Ismail El Idrissi

Shaun Ridley

Like last season this intake is too hard to judge due to the high potential rating so I have picked the players based off the current ability of them.I think having Ismail El Idrissi come through is great as I was lacking a natural DR with potential.Ferry is already nearly good enough to play for the first team and is regarded as my third choice DC so that shows you how good he currently is.I am relieved to see Klass and Emin come through as it increases our depth in the central midfield from three players to five so again there is game time to have for those two.The last of the five is Shaun Ridley who is our Dutch/English prospect,he is like the other four players as there could be game time for him due to him being rated as our second best AML.Overall I think this is better than last seasons intake and they are more likely to make an impact on the first team.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2023

Fixtures

dedb1b971a9704470e3f694026f7815f.png

Tables

5d346100f90ba231412e3d5fd514d56b.png

We did what we had to and that was to win both games, unfortunately for us both Blauw-Wit and HFC Zaterdag also won both of their games so there has been no change at the top in regards to the points difference.We recorded a straight forward win over EDO,the only annoying thing to come from that match was conceding a goal which came against the run of play but overall it was a good win.Preparation didn't go so well for the DVVA match,1st choice AML wasn't fully recovered from injury and second choice Mo Hoekstra received a three week injury a day before the game,this meant that Shaun Ridley would have to be given his debut after coming through the youth system five days prior!We were the better team but it took us along time to claim the win,we outshot them and had the better stats but we were apparently "lucky" so in my eyes it was a fully deserved win and not luck.

We're now heading into May and the pressure has been turned up to the max as our final two league games are against Blauw-Wit and HFC Zaterdag,what a terrible nervy way to end the league campaign then face the two teams who are right behind you and there is only four points between ourselves and HFC Zaterdag.If there was ever a first time to beat either team then it would be now as if we beat Blauw-With then we are Champions,if we lose to Blau-With then it would go to the final day where goal difference could play a massive outcome in the race,I can feel my character going grey and I am only two season into the save!

Nice youth intake. What nationality is Tyrick Martina?

And so we enter May and it’s tight as a knat’s chuff (or is it tight as a knat’s cracker, or knots cracker?)?

Going to be an exciting end to the season :D

Edited by Sonic Youth
Crackers!

On 15/12/2021 at 17:08, Adi Dhillon said:

good luck for the last 2 games

12 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Nice youth intake. What nationality is Tyrick Martina?

And so we enter May and it’s tight as a knat’s chuff (or is it tight as a knat’s cracker, or knots cracker?)?

Going to be an exciting end to the season :D

It is a nice intake so I guess I will be ignoring future previews as they have been rubbish so far.Tyrick Martina is from Curaçao,it's an island in the Caribbean and is part of the Dutch ABC Islands along with Aruba and Bonaire so I won't be too surprised to see players from those two in the future.

I usually call it squeaky bum time :lol: 

Exciting for the neutrals and not so much me!

May 2023

Fixtures

1318957717031156cb34b85973636282.png

Table

59d46e549df16af5c855ebb33f080ab7.png

It just had to be Blauw-Wit didn't it,my damn local rivals beat me to the title last season and they did the same to me this season,I can't even complain as they trounced us in the league game and we only had minor spells in the match where we were better than them,it's really painful to lose to them of all teams as it meant we lost the advantage in the title race due to having an inferior goal difference which in the end was how the title was settled.On the plus side we did beat HFC Zaterdag on the final day of the season thanks to Florijn's brace so I think that will give us a slight advantage going into the playoffs as we have the easier semi-final tie in the playoffs and we have beaten every team in the playoffs at least once so I will be going into the playoff in high spirits.

The next update will focus on the playoff section of the season,we face OSV in a two legged semi-final while HFC Zaterdag and AMVJ face off against each other in the other semi.Even though we came second,I think the team to beat is HFC Zaterdag as they are the only semi-professional team in the playoffs as the rest of us are Amateur sides.

Tweede Klasse Zaterdag A playoffs

Fixtures

e32fa587bb9bd7ea2f36f3bc3f9668e5.png

Playoff Tree

5d55a9e07dbb883ff33a54b9d7d5f390.png

Another season and another playoff win as we will be playing in the sixth tier next season.The first leg against OSV was a very nervy affair in which we came out on top in a very close game thanks to Florijn.The second leg saw us make a few changes as both of my first choice wingers took knocks,me and my assistant manager disagreed on who should play,he wanted to play two older players rated at 0.5* CA and I went with two youth prospects who were both rated at 1* PA,lucky for me the gamble worked as Billen netted twice to give us a 3-2 win on the night and a 4-2 aggregate win.

The final saw us face HFC Zaterdag,the first leg was a snooze fest and both teams managed a combined three shots on target!Luckily for us there was some action in the second leg and we ran out 2-1 winners in a game we really should of won by more as we battered them,our Dutch/English youth play Shaun Ridley netted the winner and I will laugh at my assistant manager as he didn't want me to pick him!

End of season update to follow then onto life in the sixth tier!

7 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Good work :cool: :applause:

Got a real rivalry going on here!

It will also be going on for at least another season so there is plenty of time for it to grow even further.

1 hour ago, Thomassje123 said:

You are going very well. I thought you would become champions this season but the second season half did go a little bit worse en there is where the prizes wil be given away. Even tho congrats on promotion yet again

Thanks!

Tough break I agree but I wasn't even expecting to be in the title fight so we punched well above our weight.I think if we had a bit more experience in the team then we could of possibly won it as we only have four players above 23 and two of those will be leaving at the end of the season but we will eventually get better with age as I think things will start to get much harder from next season.

9c4258222ef861e02ff1fea31e4d53a7.png

Tweede Klasse Zaterdag A - End of Season - 2022/23

Profile - General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Transfers - Relieved - Youth

In the end I released seven players who were being disruptive to the team and causing problems so it was a case of off they go as they were nothing more than emergency backups so they were not even necessary to the team,as you can see all of them have since retired from football.Only one player left the club and that was Joost Hommenga,this was a blow for us as he was a key player but he wouldn't agree to a new contract so it was off he went as he moved to a fifth tier side.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Tweede Klasse Zaterdag A - 2nd Place

bdb49beb9a74655bdfb159e427811692.png

5eb7008f7c35d2831601eb875d609484.png

What a season that was as we finished the league in second place and we then went on and won the playoffs to clinch a second successive promotion as we moved onto the sixth tier.We were actually at the top for nearly all of the season but our defeat to Blauw-Wit in the penultimate match of the season would cost us as we lost the title on goal differnce,our local rivals joined us in going back to back for promotions only they did it by finishing in first.A very successful season finished with us beating HFC Zaterdag in the playoff final,not bad for a team who were predicted to finish in dead last!

KNVB Beker West 1 - 3rd Round

0666ed6c1881c884fccf251d9ff25820.png

What a run that was as he we far surpassed the board's expectations of reaching the Second qualifying round as we made it to the third round where we lost to fifth tier side SV Hoofddorp,on our cup run we even knocked out to sixth tier sides in the shape of VV-AGB and SV Loosdrecht so that bodes well to me as we will playing against similar teams next season.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

9a85ccd5085fc403905c631fa42fc7dd.png

Ruben Florijn

Job Esseboom

Brian Schouten

Toine Berends

Nelson Lopes

Manager's Thoughts

This is definitely a season to remember as we made it back to back promotions via the playoffs,not too shabby for a team who was predicted dead last and favourites for relegation although losing the title to our local rivals Blauw-Wit does sting quite a bit it's time to prepare for life in the sixth tier,this means that players who don't have the potential of at least 1.5* will be getting rid of as I can't have any passengers in the team anymore as things will take a massive step up now as we will more than likely run in to semi-pro sides on a more frequent basis.Ruben Florijn was once again the standout player as he once again scored a lot of goals from the centre of midfield,he has now scored 60 times in two seasons which is a phenomenal return for a midfielder.I think the biggest surprise for me was having to implement players from this intake due to injuries with players like Ridley (AML),El Idrissi (DR) and Gillet (DC) having featured in the latter league games as well as making appearances in the playoffs.Financially we are okay as we are still an amateur side,we have £74k in the bank but I don't think that is enough to request for upgrades so maybe this time next year as we are projected to have a six figure back account.

As for next season,it's a case of try and survive in the sixth tier as I think the gap between ourselves and the top teams could be big as we will be facing semi=pro teams who have just been relegated from the fifth tier,if we do better than that then will be a massive plus.On the player front I will be moving up Emin Maksutaj and Klaas Gouweleeuw to the first team to help give the central midfield areas a bit more depth as there will be five choices of players instead of three.I am also hoping that playing at a higher level will help develop the players better as I feel like the training wasn't being beneficial for them towards the end of the season as there was very little development and a lot of reports agreeing with this as they felt there was a lack of progression from some players.For now though it will be a case of enjoying pre-season as that is always straight forward as I don't really have to deal with transfers!

Career Stats

Link - (For entire career)

69846cb04f1c4e52ef21aae8311d1b09.png

Edited by B.W.G

The First Upgrade!!!

a376d10fb2b20c324e601d48c3add8c2.png

It wasn't the one I was after as I wanted Junior Coaching but the chairman rejected my request both times.Much to my surprise he agreed to improve the Youth Recruitment after that was also rejected the first time.We have now gone from word of mouth style recruitment to an actual bit of paper which probably says ASV Wartburgia.....Join us!Don't think you can get anymore basic than that :lol:.

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

This shows I only released one player but the truth is that I released three players in total but due to the cut off date,they have appeared in two different seasons.These players didn't have the ability or potential to be a success at the club as all three were rated at 0.5* CA and 0.5* PA and their demands for first team football would possibly hinder the development of our youngsters which is a negative in my eyes.

Pre-Season Fixtures

4084adfb64d42d95dd3577198d3b53a5.png

We won all four games against lower league sides so the morale will be quite high going into the new season,it was the usual case for fitness purposes although we did suffer a couple of injuries but all but one are back from injury although they are lacking in match sharpness but that isn't something to worry about too much.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

8ead3dc32be9c12a0a39422b5116358a.pngf672fe9497f0c01d2ecfce9d949cd7f1.png

Toine Berends

Ruben Florijn

Mohamed El Khayati

Job Esseboom

Brian Schouten

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the pre-season was the youth recruitment upgrade from limited to basic so hopefully that will help us in the long run when it comes to recruiting plauers.There isn't much change in the team as we released three players who were taking up game time the youngsters needed and as they didn't have the necessary CA or PA then I had no issue in shipping them out,we will also be having four players from last seasons intake in and around the first team,two of these being Ridley and El Idrissi will be get frequent game time this season while Maksutaj and Gouweleeuw will be used as backups for the MC position as we were massively lacking in depth in that area of the pitch.As for the financial side of things,we are now sitting at £86k in the black and that is due to having a sponsorship renewal worth £14K and that is the same as last seasons,if this can keep happening then our bank balance will be in six figures by the start of next season and that could be good for trying to persuade the chairman for upgrades.

The aims for this season is simple for the league and that is to try and survive,with the board saying fight bravely against relegation that means that if we are to go down then make sure it is close in the league.Even our Blauw-Wit who have been a thorn in our side for the last two seasons are predicted to finish that much higher than us so that shows you how tough the league is,the league title favourites are Ter Leede and they are the biggest team in the league as they are the only team with a "local" reputation while the rest of us are "obscure".For the KNVB Beker West 1,the board want us to reach the 2nd qualifying round,we shouldn't have a problem with that as we are against a team who are two divisions below us so if we get knocked out now then I will be extremely disappointed in the team.Time to see what the sixth tier of Dutch football will bring us!

Edited by B.W.G

59 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Looking forward to seeing how you do this season! Following :)

Thanks for the follow :D 

It will be interesting for sure,my defence and goalkeeper aren't the strongest in regards to ability so I am expecting to be featured in quite a few high scoring games this season.

September 2023

Fixtures

3d0382da0d1778b07df14edc9c8aa29e.png

Table

25b139ebdf1e4c8ad7281f39abb5ef55.png

We kicked the season off with the KNVb Beker West 1 and I am pleased to say we won both qualifying rounds and that means we have surpassed the board's expectation of reaching the second qualifying round,I do however feel that the score lines from both matches are very misleading as we completely dominated both games and we should of won by more but for some reason we just struggled to put the ball in the net.We kicked our league campaign off with a fantastic 4-2 win over Valken '68,it was a very even game but we were more clinical than the opposition so I am relieved to have come out of that with a win as that means it is three less points I need as I want to get to 26 points as quick as possible

We play four times in the league in October and we will be facing De Dijk,SV Loosdrecht,Voorschoten '97 and Argon.This is a tough run for us as De Dijk are a recently relegated side and Voorschoten '97 are among the favourites for the title so I am expecting nothing form either game,this means we need to pick up points against SV Loosdrecht and Argon as they are two of the weaker teams in the league and it's games like this that help decide whether we survive or not.

October 2023

Fixtures

0550bdfccbd57c04050a1d67c9256961.png

Table

931685ef00db12a84d13e94839179dd4.png

This certainly turned out to be a bizarre month for me as I was expecting to struggle against De Dijk and Voortschoten '97 but we won both of these games and we were extremely comfortable in the match against De Dijk while the match against Voortschoten was a scrappy affair but we managed to put the ball in the net after a scramble from a corner.I was expecting for us to beat SV Loosdrecht and we did that although it take a couple of late goals to ensure we did,I would of also preferred to have beaten the while conceding less than two goals.The match against Argon is one I was disappointed with as I though we could of got something against them but our entire team under performed and we ended up losing 2-0,that loss did see us slip to third but we are eight points clear of the relegation zone so overall I am really happy with how we have started the season.

We play five times in November,four times in the league and once in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing VVSB Zaterdag,VVM,Purmersteign and Ter Leede.This seems to be a tough run as I think we will struggle against Puermersteijn,I don't think we will do anything against Ter Leede and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go through the league campaign unbeaten as they are much stronger than the rest of the league.I am confident we can get something against VVM as they are a similar side to us,the one I can't judge is the match against VVSB Zaterdag,on paper they have a very strong team but as you can see,they have started the season slowly and are underperforming so if this carries on then we could get something against them but I wouldn't count on it.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we will be facing RKAV Volendam,they are a fourth tier side who are among the best teams in their division and I generally don't think we stand a chance against them but we will give it our all against them.

Edited by B.W.G

November 2023

Fixtures

4eadbe5c7ea63c2f1fa93dfe6dd7ceb5.png

Table

4e6580d958b9a040f36f98867431b273.png

Well that was a terrible month as we picked up three points from twelves and were knocked out of the KNVB Beker West 1.The one win we got came against VVM and it was the only one where Esseboom didn't play,he has been an absolute waste of space this season and will probably be dropped going forward,I have to give credit to van der Zee as he scored in all of our defeats so I am happy with how he has played.The only loss we full deserved was the one against Ter Leede and they could of had six or seven against us.the other two losses were down to our inability to put the ball in the net which to me is Esseboom's job and he failed to do that and is also refusing to accept criticism off me about his form!I have no issues with the loss to RKAV Volendam in the KNVB Beker West 1 as we gave it our all and lost to a much superior side.

We have four games in December and we will be facing DIOS,WV-HEDW,Blauw-Wit and Maarssen.The match against DIOS is a must win as there are only five points separating ourselves and DIOS who are in the relegation zone.I doubt we will get anything against WV-HEDW while getting something against Maarsesen is a possibility but we need to play better in defence as that has been our biggest issue.The match against Blauw-Wit actually shows us how hard this league actually is,they beat us to the title in the last two seasons and they are in the relegation zone so this could a chance to finally get one over them if we can sort our morale out.I need to pick up at least four points up as that will put us nearer the 29 point mark that I want to reach.

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake Preview

8709f684ab2e29eb306cd99957874d04.png

1ce3d36940d60f661e6ba623c4de8202.pnge25b9e2ced2ac9034f81c840cf284b8f.png

I'm not really going to pay much attention to the rating of the preview as the previous two have been completely wrong but hopefully we can get some decent players in through this one,I would love to see a great goalkeeping prospect come through as it is one of the weaker areas of the team.

Roll on March when we get this intake !

December 2023

Fixtures

d1340e3f45ee100a35ee24ee6906a20e.png

Table

b83494c2666e8b0d9a6b57242dd38421.png

I'd say December was pretty successful as we picked up seven points from twelve and we finished they year sitting in 6th place.WIthout a doubt my favourite result of the month was the 2-0 win against Blauw-Wit as that ended our winless run against them and it's finally nice to have one over the side who beat us to the title in the previous two seasons.No surprise about the 4-0 win over Dios as we completely dominated them,the second match of the month saw us hang on to a 0-0 draw against 2nd place WV-HEDW and we were very fortunate that their attacker's finishing was atrocious as we really shouldn't of gotten a point.We finished the month off with a loss,can't complain as we didn't deserve anything from the game.We are currently on 22 points and we have a twelve point lead over DIOS who occupy the final relegation spot so I am really happy with how things are going for now.

January will see us play four more league games and we will be facing Valken '08,De Dijk,Argon and SV Loosdrecht,I am pretty confident we can pick at least three points up as SV Loosdrecht are awful and we should be able to beat the.The other games I am a bit nervous about as all three teams are in better form than us and De Dijk currently have the joint best form along with Voorschoten '97 so it is a terrible time to be facing De Dijk.Argon are a really weird one,tet have one of the best defences along with one of the worst attacks so I think we should be able to get at least a point against them although I do want revenge on them after they beat us earlier in the season.If we can get six points then I will be ecstatic with that as that will put us on the verge of survival.

8 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

I’m actually surprised how tough this league is and then how much Blauw-Wit has dropped off (did they loose key players?).

And with all that, you’re still within touching distance of the top of the table :thup:

I knew it was going to be tough due to the quality in difference as some of the bigger clubs in this division have better facilities.I am surprised at how competitive this league is this season,you have the top three all on 33 points,then there are two teams on 30 points and one on 27 points with nine games left to play so I think anything can happen.

With Blauw-Wit,they didn't lose any players but I think a change of tactic hindered them at the start as they changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a 5-3-2 but January has seen them step it up and I wouldn't put it past them to get out of the relegation zone.

We've fallen a couple of more points behind thanks to drawing games but we are still within touching distance of the top.

January 2024

Fixtures

d2734f30103ac8a538500646f91c67db.png

Table

41de7f4a1b9d8d494af843a7961c870f.png

I'd say that was a solid month overall as we picked up five points and that has seen us stay in 6th place which is a very respectable position considering we were predicted to finish rock bottom.I'm over the moon the Esseboom has finally got back on the scoresheet as his goal against Argon was his first since October.We were outclassed in the loss to Valken '08 so no complaints about that then Florijn was the star of the show against De Dijk as his brace got us all three points.For the draws,the first draw against Argon was a fair result as it was an even game but to concede immediately after taking the lead was really annoying.I am not happy what so ever with the draw against SV Loosdrecht as we completely battered them but we failed to hit the target and we very nearly lost the game if it wasn't for Esseboom's injury time equalizer.

February is a quiet month as we only play twice,during the month we will be facing Voorschoten '97 and VVSB Zaterdag.Talk about two completely different matches,we will be up against a tiltle challenger first who are superb in defence and attack which will be annoying so I am not expecting anything from that match while we play VVSB Zaterdag who have a worse defence than we do so I think we need to be more attacking in that match and see what we can do although part of me wants to throw the match just to keep Blauw-Wit in the relegation fight!I think can get at least three points and that would be by beating VVSB Zaterdag so that is what I need to focus on doing.

February 2024

Fixtures

12710d02be7d491045d718d915452d61.png

Table

2c40cfeea5401447d112b60458842c4f.png

I am over the moon with picking up four points from two games as I was expecting three at most.Our one win of the month came against Voorschoten '97 and I can honestly say we didn't deserve anything from this game as they were by far the better side and the goal came in one of three little spells of momentum we had.The draw with VVSB Zaterdag on the other hand was disappointing as our lack of finishing once again reared it's ugly head as we were the better side and deserved the win but the lack of finishing cost us two extra points.We finish the month still in sixth place which is brilliant but it's still very close as we are only six points behind the leaders and eleven points ahead of the relegation zone and with there being five games left to play then there are plenty of things that could still happen.

March brings us three games and we will be facing VVM,Purmersteijn and DIOS.I don't think we will get anything against Purmersteijn so there isn't any pressure on us for that match,we are facing the two weakest teams in the league and if we can win both of these then that should be enough to guarantee us survival and keep us in the title race at the same time.My aim for the month is to pick up six points as we should be beating DIOS and VVM.According to the youth candidate section,we should be receiving our youth intake in March and as that is normally in April then I am expecting it to occur at the end of March.Hopefully we can get some decent players in as I feel we are lacking in some areas so fingers crossed the new intake can strengthen the weakest areas such as the goalkeeper position.

Youth Intake 2024

08c9318ce3af9ee1368639a65e352d1c.png

34107420cf1343dbb2f869d5dbe7ee5a.png4eee30e3a5c2c73180b78e03419455f5.png253f760291de56de6bd970b6aa416792.png

Markus Arni van Kasteren

Jayden Stuut

Denilson Tavares

Alessandro Vandi

Oh my god I have players who have caused a massive change in the star ratings of the first team.The four above will be moving into the first team as soon as possible as they are massive improvements and are first choice in their preferred position although this does mean a change in formation as Kasteren's best position is AMC,this does mean that I will be implementing a 4-4-2 narrow diamond as my team is a lot stronger in the middle of the park than on the wings.This is by far our best intake to date and will add a lot of quality to the first team,Kasteren and Vandi will need some retraining for the roles as I will be using Kasteren as a SS and Vandi as a AF so they do need retraining in those areas but they will still get a lot of game time.

The only thing that has changed between this season and last season is the youth recruitment getting upgraded so maybe that has had some affect on who has come through so fingers crossed we can get some more upgrades in the near future.

March 2024

Fixtures

3c0995e036616aa90d2973e7b845f60b.png

Table

6a079351329457294b961d7627e5732c.png

March was a brilliant month overall as we won two games from three and that saw us keep our sixth place position for a while longer.I was disappointed with the loss to Purmersteijn as we took the lead but their quality came through in the end and it was a deserved victory for the opposition as they completely dominated the second half.We had no issues in beating either team in the relegation zone and we even had the honour of putting the final nail in DIOS's coffin as they were relegated after we beat them in the last game of the month.Florijn showed his class once again as he netted in all three games in a fantastic month.

April will see us play two more league games and we will be facing Ter-Leede and WV-HEDW.With the youth candidates and the under 18's playing on the 5/4,I will have no issues in bringing up the four stars from the latest intake as the first of the two games is on the 13/4.I'm not really expecting anything from these two games so there isn't any pressure on us to do well so it will be a case of try our best.

On 21/12/2021 at 04:19, Sonic Youth said:

Nice intake, and rolling along nicely :thup:

The four players I've highlighted from this intake really impressed me so far as all four have played and van Kasteren has found the net twice playing as a shadow striker!

April 2024

Fixtures

75be760690f7067d2a07785dc5fed634.png

Table

406486464da5bc7e3b49c43a97b714ec.png

The only way I can describe this month is that it was absolutely fantastic and as you can see,my newest intake has had some impact in the matches and all four mentioned have played both games.I decided to change the formation to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond as we are stronger down the middle than we are on the wings and so far it has payed off.The 2-2 draw against Ter Leede was brilliant as we were 2-0 down at half time so to come back and get a point was brilliant.We then beat WV-HEDW in the very next game,it was a fairly even match but we were much more clinical and that is what got us the win.Two things to point out,the first being this is the first month where my goal scorers have all come through under my management,the second is just look at the race for second place!Two games left to play and only two points separate second and sixth,this is a very tight promotion fight.

We're into May and we head into the final month with two league games left to play.In those games we will be playing Maarssen and Blauw-Wit.I will have to throw everything including the kitchen sink if we are to get that promotion spot as this five way fight for second is far too close and we will need to be at our best if we are to get it.The Maarssen game is a simple one as if we beat them then we go above them in the league but anything less than that then we will be pretty much out of the race.As for Blauw-Wit,I would love to beat them and see them relegated as I am still bitter about losing the title to them in the last two seasons!

May 2024

57a9a1ce5c243261d5ecf5c9f0658ec2.png

Table

b1a2ff257447125dab9d9879c3d5701f.png

We finished the season off in style as we won both of our games but unfortunately it wasn't enough to get promoted as we lost out to Ter Leede on goal difference.The match against Maarssen was a frantic affair with there being  very little between two teams and it looked like it was heading to a draw when Alessandro Vandi netted the winner which put us in contention for the last promotion spot.We then face my nemesis Blauw-Wit and boy oh boy was it sweet to beat them and officially confirm their relegation,I classified that as payback for the last two season when they stole the title from me.Interestingly both games saw the same three goal scorers in Florijn,van Kasteren and Vandi so I am hoping that we can keep them for a while as they will be a massive help in getting out of this division.

End of Season update to follow then onto season four we go!

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - End of Season - 2023/24

Profile - General - Vision -  Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Not a lot went on as we released one player and that was Juan Til.He was demanding first team football so it was off he went as he was not good enough then and he definitely wouldn't be a pick now considering some of the youth players have far surpassed him.As you can see he has since retired from the game which shows to me he wasn't good enough.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - 3rd Place

4e9d1ef1bc4cf6441fa2053144f410ac.png

I am really happy with how we played this season as we finished in third place in our first season in the sixth tier.I feel like the change to a 4-4-2 diamond towards the end of the season helped massively as we were able to use the new crop of youngsters in a way that suited them better as we won all four games we used the new formation in.All we need to do is work on the defensive side of things and I think we could become candidates for the title unless some ridiculously powerful team come up or come down into this division,no issues with the attacking side of things as we were the top scorers in the league.My favourite part of the season came on the last day of the season when we beat Blauw-Wit 3-0 to confirm my rival's relegation,I celebrated that like it was a real match and yes I am still bitter about them beating me to the title in two different divisions!

KNVB Beker West 1 - 1st Round

08b43402b2071880da8aac762d885dde.png

Not as good as the previous season but we still surpassed the board's expectations.No real issues other than finishing in the qualifying rounds but we bowed out to 4th tier side RKAV Volendam but we did give it a real go and we even took them to extra time.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades - Best XI

8c1062b5748945d29d91e30e97fced2b.png

Ruben Florijn

Brian Schouten

Michael Antonson - YP1I

Toine Berends

Mohamed El-Khayati

Manager's Thoughts

What a fantastic season that was as we finished in third place in our first season in the sixth tier and then we only missed out on promotion due to goal difference,if we can keep our current players then have some more quality players come through then I think we will be able to secure promotion in the next couple of seasons.We changed the formation due to being stronger in the middle so it would make sense to use a formation that would see us play more in the middle.The financial side of things is pretty solid as we are currently sat on £95k and with our sponsorship deal coming up for renewal then it's pretty certain that we will be over £100k once pre-season is over so that is a good sign for the future as I want to start upgrading things to help with the youth intakes.The one thing I will be noting is how brilliant Florijn is as despite the new intake affecting the stars of the other players,Florijn still remains as the clubs best player so I do wonder just exactly how good Florijn actually is to keep hold of his 5* rating.

As for next season the board want the same as this season and that is to fight bravely against relegation and we should be able to do that considering how well we did this season,I would also like to avoid second season syndrome as I think that could be a problem as the other teams may figure us out.The other thing I would like to try and do is upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment if possible as that will help better our intakes and if we can get another intake like this seasons then that could be helpful in our quest for promotion.We are in our strongest position when it comes to the team abilities but we are lacking depth so I hope we can avoid any catastrophic injuries going forward as that would hinder us at this moment in time.

Career

acdee30ebcf99ebd8fe8959f0adb6627.png

Edited by B.W.G

That was close! Good season with that youth intake boosting your squad at just the right moment.

Blauw-Wit’s form is mystifying, especially how well they played the season before. You’d think they’d stay up at least.

Good work with getting the Youth Recruitment :thup:

19 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Floriijn is probably a 2.5-3 Star player for a top side withe correct coaching and training.

Great Work as always,

He'll probably be retired by the time I become a top side :lol: 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

That was close! Good season with that youth intake boosting your squad at just the right moment.

Blauw-Wit’s form is mystifying, especially how well they played the season before. You’d think they’d stay up at least.

Good work with getting the Youth Recruitment :thup:

It was but there is always next season with possibly another intake boosting my team, yay for no squad registration!

I think it's more down to the manager being an absolute idiot,he stuck mainly to a defensive 3-5-2 which didn't work as the players were not suited to it and when he finally reverted back to their normal 4-2-3-1 then they were actually picking up points.I know I changed tactics but I did it to suit my players which clearly wasn't the case in regards to Blauw-Wit but at least I will have another team to have a local rivalry with this season!

Thanks! It will definitely be interesting to see what sort of players I get through this season with an even better youth recruitment level.

Eerste Klasse Zaterdag A - Pre-Season - 2024/25

Season Preview - Expectations

Nothing happened and I mean literally nothing happened as everyone either decided to stay or I let them stay at the club for now.

Pre-Season Fixtures

038510ee36c1542d1a4cccd773946efa.png

I didn't have anything to do with the friendlies this season as I left it to my assistant manager to do and maybe I should of arranged them myself as we had a couple of games against smaller teams which we won with very little issue and then we had two games with much bigger sides and both of them thumped us.At least I know where we stand when it comes to matching up against Ajax...at least it wasn't double figures!

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B - Tactic C

767b92f315573bb4071ed8dbbd37172c.png80b5fc360f70c9691d8de9dad5ab7acc.png

Denilson Tavares

Jayden Stuut

Ruben Florijn

Markús Árni van Kasteren

Toine Berends

Manager's Thoughts

This is certainly a weird predicament I have found myself in,I know for a fact that we are stronger than we are last season but our odds for the league title have actually grown instead of shrunk as they have gone from 200-1 to 450-1,I am wondering if the two relegated teams of SJC and JOS/Watergraafsmeer are to blame for that and they are seem to be much stronger than the rest of the league.We got one of the upgrades I was after as we received another youth recruitment upgrade,I did want Junior Coaching to be priority but at this stage beggars can't be choosers so I am happy with the upgrade as it may help with the intakes.The financial side of things is looking good at the minute as we have £110k in the bank so that is a plus for us as we have very little expenditure due to being an amateur club,I did try to get a parent club to help us get a bit more income but even though the board accepted,they couldn't find a team to link up with.

As for expectations this season,it is exactly the same as last season and that is to fight bravely against relegation in the league and be competitive in the KNVB Beker West 1.The league expectation is a bit insulting considering we ended up fighting for promotion so I would really like to do the same and I think we could do it due to playing a tactic better suited for the team along with having better ability players.As for the KNVB Beker West 1,all I have to do is beat Spirit '30 who are are a sixth tier team to better the board's expectations,if we fail to beat them then that will be embarrassing for us although the second qualifying round could see us play another sixth tier team so we could have a tricky tie if we get through but I am confident we can match last seasons performance in the cup.Time to get this show on the road and see if we can upset the media again!

Edited by B.W.G

September 2024

Fixtures

48e6dd3886d7a484d17d933d777c68e9.png

Table

72e550f38cc0692934575e8098737c1c.png

I couldn't of asked for a better start as we won all three games in September.We kicked the month off with the KNVB Beker West 1,we easily beat Spirit '30 in the first qualifying round before we edged the second qualifying round against sixth tier Kampong as we moved onto the first round.We finished September off with yet another away game as we beat De Dijk in the first league game of the season with Vandi being the star of the show as the youngster hit a brace,I was really relieved to win this match as this was essentially 11 v 12 as the ref was absolutely useless and was constantly bias as his decisions favoured the home team more!

October will bring us four more league games and we will be facing De Meern,JOS,Saestum and Voorschoten '97.I'm not making any expectations yet as it is still early in the season but as long as we are away from the relegation zone then I will be happy.The match against JOS is somewhat of a special one as it is a local rivalry but also when we started this save,we were facing JOS's B team in the eighth tier and here we are in the fourth season and facing the first team,I am not expecting much against them as they should be one of the tougher teams after suffering back to back relegations!

October 2024

Fixtures

e37dfe672c7f7a7e12bc06676f258b8c.png

Table

f90248320d95130887055103fcff7891.png

Talk about the two different areas of the pitch where I have had two vastly different performances form the team.When it comes to attack I have been over the moon and really pleased with how they have played,Florijn,MAvK,Vandi and Esseboom have all netted four or more goals this season and that is brilliant for us.On the flip side,the defence has been atrocious as we conceded in every game during October and this even included the match against Saestum who have only scored twice all season!The two wins I am happy with overall despite conceding,the draw against JOS was embarrassing as we were 3-1 up against 10 men and we blew it and the less said about the 2-1 defeat the better has that involved a red card and two defensive mistajes.We have fallen to fifth but at least we are six points clear of the relegation zone at the minute.

We have six games at the minute,five in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing ADO '20 Zaterdag,WV-HEDW,VVSB Zaterdag,Maarsen and Argon.This is a pretty tough run for us as they are all good teams although WV-HEDW and Argon are both underachieving at the minute but we need our defence to up their performances as they could end up being costly for us,I would like to pull away from the relegation zone so we do need to pick up some points and wins as that would be really helpful.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing Always Forward (seriously that is their name!),like ourselves they are a sixth tier team but they are performing much better than us in defence so that could be an issue for us if we don't improve but we do have the quality to beat them so either team could win that match.

November 2024

Fixtures

2b6b1cd3fa62def5728ff0387d1a13b5.png

Table

03104c665f50d28d91a966c54377e2b2.png

Weirdly this was a complete flip on performances compared to the previous month,November saw us defensively solid for the majority of the time while the attack suffered,we did pick nine points from fifteen as we finished November in fourth place although there are teams around us with a game in hand so it could be come closer at the top.As I mentioned I am really happy with the defence five goals in the league and we no longer have the third worse defence in the league.The attack however suffered and the reason why is Alessandro Vandi,he received an injury in the match against ADO'20 and then after that none of my strikers scored until he returned in the match against Maarssen then all of a sudden Esseboom joins in on the scoring,this points out to me that Soulaimani is the problem as neither Esseboom or MAvK can form any sort of partnership with him and it is affecting the play up top and costing us goals and points.We also progressed in the KNVB Beker West 1 against Always Forward but I'd rather not talk about it as it was slightly embarrassing that we struggled to beat nine men after they received two red cards!

December will see us play four times in total,three in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing Valken '98,HFC Zaterdag and De Dijk.I think we could get results against both Valken'98 but we need to make sure we perform in every area but the Valken '98 may be the harder match as we are missing Stuut due to suspension.I have no idea what to expect from the match against HFC Zaterdag although it looks like it could be a really hard game as they have not lost in the league so far this season but they have also drawn a lot so I think we could earn a point against them.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing Kleine Sluis,they are in the eighth tier so we should be beating them quite comfortably December should bring us our next youth intake preview,all I want from it is defenders,midfielders and a striker although just defenders of some sort and a striker will be brilliant as they are the problematic positions.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2024

Fixtures

bf45f3ea2222153a2a1249c1930bba84.png

Table

0e3f3507c9f66ee80cd1ce693410a58a.png

December can be considered a fine as we picked up four points from nine and we made progress in the KNCB Beker West 1.The draw against Valken '68 actually saw us equalize as they took the lead after six minutes but I think we played really well considering Vandi got sent off after 37 minutes and we defended like Champions.Vandi missed the league game against HFC Zaterdag and no surprise really that we looked terrible up front.He did make his return against Kleine Sluis in the KNVB Beker West 1 and he returned his style as he netted a brace as we progressed to the third round,he then followed that up with another brace but this time against De Dijk as he took his December tally to four goals.We are currently in fifth place which is still very good and we are only four points off a promotion spot so there is still thirteen games for things to change.

January will see us play five competitive games,four in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing SJC,DE Meern,JOS and Voorschoten '97,it's a mixed month overall as we face two teams in a relegation fight and two teams in the promotion fight,ideally we need to get points in every game to increase our chances of promotion but the most important thing is to try and get wins against De Meern and JOS so that we can stay away from any potential relegation fight.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we will be facing Velsen,they are a fifth tier side so they will be the favourites for the tie so I am not expecting to win this game so all I can ask for from the team is to go out fighting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2021 at 04:57, Sonic Youth said:

A mixed bag in the league, though only loosing by 1 against the top team is okish (maybe disappointing?).

Fingers crossed for that in the youth intake :onmehead:

I'm actually happy with how we have been doing in the league as I was expecting to be in the bottom half for a few seasons before moving up the table.

I've definitely got my fingers crossed,we could possibly have a new strike partnership come the end of the season.

On 26/12/2021 at 10:25, erikeagles said:

Just find out this thread, I will definitely follow this!! 

One question, which database do you use? 

The database I am using is here

January 2025

Fixtures

0671b72f4674b9e97aeab12c2193202d.png

Table

9fbd06e0a0f7ceb77fc85f6d1d27f2d4.png

That was a very solid month for the team as we picked up eight points from twelve in the league and we progressed in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we picked up two solid wins over SJC and JOS,the only disappointing result was the match against De Meern in which we were pathetic in front of goal.MAvK was on fire in the shadow striker role as he netted three times and out first choice striker Vandi netted another couple of goals as he took his tally to 12 for the season.The biggest surprise of the month was definitely beating Velsen in the KNVB Beker West 1,my troublesome striker Soulaimani netted late on against the fifth tier side in what I can only describe as a "cupset".

Just the two games in February with both of them coming in the league,we will be facing Saestum and ADO '20 Zaterdag during the month.This is a very good opportunity for us to turn the pressure up on the teams chasing promotion,I see no reason why we can't win both games as Saestum are terrible while ADO '20 are closer to relegation than they are us in terms of points despite there only being three places difference between the two teams.My aim is six points as I think we should be able to do that.

February 2025

Fixtures

b8df928811857d23aba4f4ea98c87989.png

Table

380fbd6b0e21dc6cbd46198307a7e412.png

No real complaints from me as we won both games like I wanted to and we did so while keeping clean sheets in both games which is a plus for us.The only thing to note from both games is that Vandi and Esseboom both had torrid times in front of goal in both games and that will be something that needs to be kept an eye on in the upcoming fixtures as we will need there goals as we have some big games coming up.After February we sit in fourth place and we are only four points behind the league leaders Voorschoten '97 with there being seven games left to play so there is still a lot to play for.

March brings us four more games,three in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing WV-HEDW,VVSB Zaterdag and Maarssen.The match against WV-HEDW is a massive match for us as it's 4rd vs 4th and whoever wins that will have an advantage over the other when it comes to chasing the promotions spots.Maarssen will be a tricky game and I will need everyone to be firing on all cylinders when if we are to take anything from that game while I am pretty confident that we can beat VVSB Zaterdag as they are struggling with both their position and recent form so we need to capitalise on that.In the KNVB Beker West 1 we are facing Purmersteijn,I am familiar with them as they won this league last season and are currently flying high in third place in the fifth tier so it will be a very difficult match for us.Our next youth intake should be coming in March so I am looking forward to that due to having a better youth recruitment than this time last season.