Amster-damned!

B.W.G

d75906ee0ddaae22f5c18fe92473226e.png

A little bit of information taken from ASV Wartburgia's website...

0766e5b746258239ecbd0059d4e7b43f.png

This is will be a Dutch version of my Stade Francais save only this time my aim is to overthrow Ajax as the biggest team in Amsterdam.the challenge is to surpass Ajax while only using players that have come from my youth system,this does mean that any player who has come through my system will be able to be signed back.

With that being said the club's stadium isn't that far away from the Johan Cruiff arena as shown below (along with my pitch on the left) and I hope that we will someday be able to form a rivalry with them.

4a66940c4bcfbdfd645b6e5f2e1adf4a.png76dcb2448efc1fd060e7a9b0c8cbffca.png

Aims of the Save

70cd0cb476169be4c235e407da0f7d79.png

The aims on the pitch are straight forward,get to the top flight and win everything I possibly can.For off the pitch,it will take a lot of work but the majority of them are straight forward.For the club culture,ASV Wartburgia only have one thing in club culture and that is to make progress on and off the pitch,I would like to get a club culture which mentions using the clubs youth system in the future.With the Stadium,the biggest is Ajax's which currently has a capacity of 55,500 so we do have quite a while to be able to do that if it doesn't get expanded in the near future!

As for the network,I want to create a global network of clubs to see if we can benefit in getting any players from those countries,Ajax currently have eight affiliated clubs and I would like to have more then that as I would like to have three on each major continent which would make fifteen clubs.I did do this with Stade Francais and I did receive players from some of those clubs but this will be a classified as a very long term goal as I am not expecting to start this for a very long time.

Time to begin this journey from an obscure side from Amsterdam to the World's best team!

Edited by B.W.G

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Club Information and Meeting the Team

b56d36a58390cbcf6c5438865486e146.png

As you can see,it's what you can expect from a team in the lowest playable division,we have the basic facilities with a limited youth recruitment and the junior coaching (not pictured) is rated as Basic so there is a lot of growing for the club to do in the future.The stadium actually has a capacity of 500 which is a surprise as it doesn't look like it can even hold that!The club's history is blank as they have never won anything in nearly 100 years so that is something I will be looking to change at some point.

The Team

fc660a44cd4d0d520939bfa88c69242e.png92283b5919c21700d36f73fc1a685e63.png

These are all the players who stand out from the rest and will be in the first team this season.The most vital thing is that we can keep hold of Joost Hommenga and Ruben Florijn as they are by far the best players we have in the team,the team is actually pretty young and with there being no one over thirty,it means that the older players in the team could easily play for another six to seven seasons so that could give us quite a bit of time to bring the youngsters through.We are predicted to finish eleventh place so there isn't any fireworks to be expected and with there only being one relegation spot,that means there won't be too much pressure on us if we can stay around mid-table if possible as that will keep us away from any fight.

Tactic wise,I will probably be leaning towards a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 (asymmetric with 1 MC and 1 DM) as I have the players to use either formation.I already have an idea on how I will line up if it's a 4-3-3 but I need a bit more thinking to see who would play in the 4-2-2 as I only have a forward line up sorted for the latter formation but we still have pre-season to do which will give me a better idea on how we will line up going into the season.

8 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Great idea and a big challenge. Good luck!

P.S. Some of your images are deformed on the phone.

I think that's happened due to me resizing the images on my laptop,sorry about that!

7 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

This is going to be a long save :brock:

Wonder if I can edit my manager so it has grey hair later on :lol: 

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Great long term idea again like your French one. I was recently searching for other clubs in Amsterdam besides Ajax :lol:

This should be a fun ride for sure.

I narrowed it down to Wartburgia or VVA/Spartaan for this level but I decided to go with the team who were originally the lower team when it came to media prediction.

Will be a roller coaster of a save!

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

It might take 20 years, but you have this!

Think 20 years will see me in the second tier if I'm lucky :lol: 

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Love me a long-term goal! Get at it!

Yes Sir!

2 hours ago, Thomassje123 said:

Good luck! I like these kind of long saves

9c4258222ef861e02ff1fea31e4d53a7.png

Derde Klasse Zaterdag B West 1 - Pre-Season - 2021/22

Profile - General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

There was only one thing to note when it came to transfers and that was Ruben Florjin joining,I think this must of been pre-arranged as I didn't takeover the club till 12/7 which was the date for early pre-season when it came to selecting leagues.

Pre-Season Fixtures

bc030dc74fea3d08935df9f6d54fb67f.png

Not a lot to say about this really as results wise it doesn't look too good but the performances on the pitch was very encouraging and the players actually played well.We even gave Zwaluwen a scare and they play in seventh tier.I think as the season goes on then the cohesion between the players will improve a lot and we will be able to notice a difference in terms of results and performances.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

b8ab2b5454be078d195973789ebe04a1.pngd589e29d75ee3081c58d86a4f68cb841.png

Ruben Florijn

Joost Hommenga

Mohamed El Khayati

Joe Esseboom

Frank van der Zee

Manager's Thoughts

A nice simple pre-season where literally nothing major happened except for injuries to Florjin and Hommenga which is quite annoying as they are our top two players in the team by quite a distance.Financially we have had a bit of a boost as we received a sponsorship deal worth £14k,this deal will run for one year before we get a new one,with being an amateur side we should be able to make some money as expenses should be quite a bit lower unless I decide to send my staff on courses.I've bought in an under 18 manager to help focus on the youngsters not in the first team,the players in the under 18's do have potential for this level but at the minute,they are below the players in the first team who have silver star CA.

Expectation wise,we have been given an aim of avoiding a relegation fight  and I think we could do that as we are predicted to finish in 9th place and that looks like it could be a solid position to finish in as it is around the middle of the pack and I will more then happily take that for my first season in charge.We also have our own cup competition that we will take part in and that is the KNVB Beker West 1,we have been drawn against divisional rivals Kadoelen and I think this will be a good test to see how we can do against a team in our league,there isn't any pressure on me as the board's expectation is "be competitive" so as long as I don't get thrashed then the board will be satisfied.Time to get this show on the road.

Edited by B.W.G

September 2021

Fixtures

32b3170acdaff227a5c9be0208e6cbe1.png

Table

17dd1528390b0b27ac640bb42018ddb4.png

We kicked the month off with the KNVB Beker West 1 Cup,we easily beat divisional rivals Kaoelen 3-0 in the first qualifying round,it was a match that barring a some of the second half that we were in control for and it was a well deserved win.We would bow out in the 2nd qualifying round as we lost to 6th tier Huizen 3-2,the fact that we took them to extra time was really encouraging as well and we also managed to surpass the board's expectations so that is a win in my books.We kicked off the league campaign by thumping VVA/Spartaan 4-0,honestly they were lucky it was only 4-0 as we had 20 shots (10 on target) and we should of scored more than what we did but all in all we got the three points and that matters the most.

October brings us five league matches and we will be facing Buitenboys,Kadoelen,Blauw-Wit,Pancratius Zaterdag and AH '78.If we are going off the media prediction then we have two difficult games against Blauw-Wit (title favourites) and Buitenboys (5th favourites) while the other three teams are supposedly weaker than us but I don't think the media prediction means anything in the long term so I will take it game by game and hopefully come the end of October we will be outside of any potential relegation fight.

October 2021

Fixtures

a03d626c459efeab4753764097595919.png

Table

7e16cb8680a8f1945e0a9ef485ed5324.png

Well September was certainly something special as we picked up thirteen points from fifteen and we sit at the top of the table thanks to our superior goal difference.For all the wins,it was the same story in each game as we were completely dominant as all the matches were one sided,my favourite win was easily the 6-0 win over Buitenboys as they are one of five teams to who were predicted to finish above us so to give them that sort of thumping was great.The one match where we dropped points was against Blauw-Wit and we were honestly lucky to even come out of that game with a point,Florjin's goal from the penalty spot was not deserved as I don't think it was a penalty and they were the better team throughout the match,I can see why they are the title favourites as they are a very good side who will be pushing for the title for the rest of the season.

November brings us four games and we will be playing JOS/Watergraffsmeer Zaterdag,EVC,RODA '23 Zaterdag and Amstelveen Heemraad,if we are doing this based off current form then EVC will be a tricky match for us as they are also unbeaten so far and they sit two points behind us.On the other side of things you have Amstelveen Heemraad who are near the bottom and look weak in defence so I just need to be more offensive in that match and we will be probably win that game.The other two games will be a bit tricky for us as they seem to be decent teams but I think we will be able to get something as our attack has been amazing so far this season.

November 2021

Fixtures

677b7c8b8f9c99979f0d3194bbd7ea59.png

Table

d82e70533b416c0e849d02ce21ea8594.png

Well we did finally lose a match in the league but we easily won the other three games during the month as we finished November in second place and we are currently three points behind Blauw-Wit.No problems from any of the wins as we played great but the one stand out result was our 4-3 loss to JOS,it may seem like we lost a close match but that is anything but the case as we completely smashed them in every other aspect of the match,I had more shots on target then they had actual shots and we lost to a team who managed to score four times from six shots! Annoyingly Blauw-Wit didn't even drop any points and even beat Pancratius Zaterdage with ten men,they have only conceded twice all season and both of those goals came against us in the 2-2 draw last month!

Just the two games in December and we will be facing De Dijk Zaterdag and Buitenvelders,these will be two interesting games as both teams are currently challenging for a playoff spot,both of these teams are also predicted to finish above us in the league according to the season preview so that just makes me more motivated to get something against them if I can.We are guaranteed to finish the year in a playoff spot but my biggest hope is that someone can take points off Blauw-Wit as they are looking really strong at the moment,if someone can take something off them then that means we have a better chance of reclaiming top spot.

Youth Intake Preview

8b24a5e90b1fb7282504f5a84a99ac32.png

88c6d25672a2cc492c6f97c75eefb257.pngf1a91bda32c108360a798d16d6dc7179.png

Honestly from this intake,there looks to be two stand out performers from this intake and they are in DM and ST,the ST will be handy as we are lacking quality up top while a DM could be good for me as I can retrain him as a MC if he has any capability of playing a MC role.Overall though I am not feeling too hopeful of having a decent intake.

December 2021

Fixtures

249fb584953164352341d9b2f27d4e98.png

League Table

77e30207a39c7e73c2bf65bf2619b44f.png

Another two games and another two wins as we still sit in second but we have closed the gap to one point on Blauw-Wit and I will have to thank JOS for that as they drew 0-0 with each other which means we are still the only side to score against the top side.De Dijk going into the game had one of the best defences as they had only conceded 10 goals up until that points,needless to say my midfielders and attackers will give them endless nightmares as we ran out 6-0 winners.The match against Buitenveldert was a battle and we had to come from behind to snatch all three points,and I have Ferchichi and Florijn scoring in the same minute to ensure we got maximum points.

January will sees us play one friendly and two competitive games.The friendly is against Vlijmense Boys and is just for fitness purposes as we head into the second half of the season,they are like us in being an eight tier side so it will be interesting to see how we fair against someone from a different zone.The two league games against De Meer Zaterdag and VVA/Spartaan,I am pretty confident we will win the first two games but we will have to be very careful against VVA/Spartaan as they have been on a very solid run and their current form is joint second best with Blauw-Wit,this means our 4-0 win against them at the start of the season now means nothing as we will be against a team full of confidence so we will need to be at our best if we are to get anything.

The midfield machine Ruben Florijn

8ff818fb5d20e4c23ef5ec21bfa6a52f.png

At the half way point of the season,I would like to do a special post regarding Ruben Florijn,he was one of the five players I picked at as a key player for us this season and he has been an ansolute monster for us at this level and I feel like he deserves a mid-season review of his own.

So far this season he has usually played in a midfield three like this:

da0c1d90f91d8e5bb5fb1cc346660e37.png

He has been playing in what is regarded as his best role according to role and duty and it paid off wonderfully as he has come out with stats like this despite having 2 for finishing!

0a8789f03e63bacec2870d07776efa89.png

His stats have been incredible so far as he has netted 17 goals from 12 games in his current position which is phenomenal and shows me that he is way above the level of eighth tier of Dutch football, surprisingly no one is interested in him with the transfer window having opened so fingers crossed that I can keep him for the rest of the season.

Edited by B.W.G

That’s a great start to the season! It’s going to be interesting to see who gets top spot or is in the playoffs between Wartburgia and Blauw-Wit!

Hope your youth intake is better than your preview :onmehead:

How many tiers until the Dutch top league? Might need to grey your avatar’s hair earlier than in 20 seasons time :D

13 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

That’s a great start to the season! It’s going to be interesting to see who gets top spot or is in the playoffs between Wartburgia and Blauw-Wit!

Hope your youth intake is better than your preview :onmehead:

How many tiers until the Dutch top league? Might need to grey your avatar’s hair earlier than in 20 seasons time :D

Thanks :D If I was a betting man then I'd lean towards Blauw-Wit for top spot as they have home advantage in the return game.

I hope so to but I am doubting that it will be.

We're in tier eight at the minute so by the time we get to tier one my hair will probably be grey or I'm bald after ripping my hair out :lol: 

January 2022

Fixtures

cd86a6be9c92fc51878a16bbac12cef0.png

Table

c9b69c6f9be6b04c13532d7c7153b115.png

Our impressive form continued into the new year as we won both games.The win against De Meer Zaterdag was actually our final game in the first half of the season while our victory over VVA/Spartaan was the first win of the second half of the season.As you can see,Ruben Florijn carried on his impressive scoring form as he netted in both games to take his tally to 19 goals for the season.Unfortunately despite our success,we are still one point behind Blauw-Wit who won both of there games although they did actually concede a goal....against Amstelveen Heemraad!

We have four games in February but all eyes will be on the fixture on the 19/2/22 as that is when we play our return match against Blauw-Wit,both ourselves and Blauw-Wit have been relentless this season and whoever comes out the winner of our game will more than likely end the season as champions.We do also play Buitenboys,Kadoelen and Pancratius Zaterdag in February as well.I think we will be too strong for Buitenboys and I really do not want to be the first team to drop points against Kadoelen,the match against Pancratius Zaterdag could be a but tricky as we are facing a team who are chasing a playoff spot so we will need to be at our best if we are to win that game.

February 2022

Fixtures

1ba2f9062689ad0ba4a737e1b7d053b3.png

Table

abc53e7d36e59b2b175654397679e012.png

Well that was certainly a crazy month when it came to goals if you ignore the Buitenboys game.The match against Blauw-Wit was a clash of styles and it ended up in a 3-3 draw on which once again stole a point right from under their noses,this does mean there isn't a change at the top as we are still one point behind Blauw-Wit and with eight games left,we now have to rely on other teams to try and get something against them.No issues in the first game of the month,the Kadoelen match saw Ferchichi come off the bench and spare our blushes against the bottom dwellers,Kadoelen have since picked up points against VVA/Spartaan and Buitenboys.We finished off the month by giving Pancratius Zaterdag a thrashing of epic proportions and this match didn't even have Florijn scoring and that has been a rarity this season.

We have four more games in March and we will be facing AH '78,JOS,EVC and RODA '23 Zaterdag.The match against JOS is a game I really want to win as they are the only team to beat us this season and I really want revenge on them after our 4-3 defeat against them.As for the other games,I don't think we should have too much issue against AH '78 and RODA '23  and we should be able to beat them while EVC will be a difficult game as they could cause a problem as they are chasing a playoff spot so once again we need to be at our best if we are to get the win.All I can hope is that we can best Blauw-Wit's results but that will rely on the opposition actually doing something against them which is unlikely due to how strong they are.

20 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Top month :thup:

Didn’t expect a high scoring draw against Blau-Wit :idiot:

Now have to maintain this form to take advantage of any slip-up, as well as if you need to play the playoffs.

I kind of did see a high scoring game as it was the top two scorers in the league against each other!

The only slip up came from me as we drew against JOS and that is the last thing I needed as Blauw-Wit keep winning .

March 2022

Fixtures

ba047995d164b9d7dcacb3edd2d1a608.png

Table

f284f1e549d7e16910fd2cc60e623d74.png

Well that didn't go according to plan as we won three games and drew the other which meant Blauw-Wit went three points ahead as they won every game in the month again.In the three wins,we played brilliantly and fully deserved the wins and Florijn once again showing his class as he netted four in those three games.Then there was the game that could of cost us the title as we drew 1-1 with JOS,we had to come back from behind to even clinch a point but we should of beat them with the number of chances we had and it is really annoying that we drew and fell behind out title rivals.The other concerning things is that the GD has now dropped to six and if we do end up on the same points then it will be extremely close in the GD column,so the next four games could make things really tight as we head towards the end of the season.

We play twice in April and we will be facing Amstelveen Heemraad and De Dijk Zaterdag,I now have to aim for wins and hope Blauw-Wit slip up as there is only three points in the title race and with four games to go,it's going to be really close.I can only hope we win both games and JOS can beat Blauw-Wit in their second game of the month as that would throw the title race wide open.April should also see our first intake so it will be interesting to see who we get through in that,the other good thing about this intake is that if they are good enough to play then they will play as there are no registration rules at this level so we could also see some debuts.

Youth Intake 2022

43b76fdcff6f4c14a6437047f5f22131.png

18534e9a75b44db7f7477521ab940d25.png71592e0beba07b9c5c36bae9ce137d32.png8babe25aac3e254967592323e991e211.png

Michael Antonson

Rayan Soulaimani

Emmanuel Halleux

Turns out the intake was better than the preview stated although it will be a bit difficult to judge due to all the players having the same potential so they are all regarded as "Elite Talent" so the three I picked for screenshots are based on the current ability of the players who have come through.Antonso,Rayan and Halleux will all be moved to the first team squad once the intra-friendly is done but I may also move up Jan Veldwijk and Simplice Makaya due to a lack of depth in the DC and DL positions.

It's also nice to see a variety of nations represented in the intake as we had Netherlands,Belgium,Morocco, DR Congo and Sweden pop up un this intake.

Edited by B.W.G

April 2022

Fixtures

591a41dc4454a2348997e0a25265381f.png

Table

55bce2c2e6aba32c7c783fd5ebbf5265.png

Well we have well and truly bottled the title challenge as we drew both games which means we lost out on the title as Blauw-Wit won both of their games.It was the same story in both games as we completely dominated the match and we messed up by not scoring as many as we should of.The only thing to come out of this is that we are guaranteed second place in the league so at least I know we will be in the playoffs once the league season is done.

We have two league games left to play in May and they are against Buitenveidert and De Meer Zaterdag.As we can't win the title then I may as well try some of the youngsters who have come through as I don't need to register them.I think the youngsters guaranteed to start are Antonson and Soulaimani but I may bring some of the others off the bench.No aims for May as neither match means anything as we can't move up or down in the table.

May 2022

Fixtures

e32a5e0424cf70223f40f1e9d1429d2c.png

Table

0c27714d0ab504ebb3fbb0065cacbefd.png

Well at least we finished the season off in style as we had two convincing wins over Buitenveldert and De Meer Zaterdag although it is too little and too late as we needed those goals last month when it mattered.I did give some game time to some of the youngsters during the month but I think it will be next season when they make more of an impact in the team.We finished five points behind Blauw-Wit which is pretty good considering they went unbeaten and we didn't get beaten by them to make it even more sweet.

June will see us take part in the playoffs but I have no idea who we will be facing yet but I will be fielding my strongest team possible as I don't want to take any gambles in them as I want to see if we can get promoted at the first time of asking.

1 minute ago, Sonic Youth said:

Bottled? No. Blauw are just that good, as they’ve still not lost and now equaled your GD too.

Playoffs it is :onmehead:

How many league games left?

They went unbeaten and I was unbeaten against them so at least I can say they couldn't beat me :D 

No league games left,just finished the first leg of the playoff semi-final.

9 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Youth Intake 2022

43b76fdcff6f4c14a6437047f5f22131.png

18534e9a75b44db7f7477521ab940d25.png71592e0beba07b9c5c36bae9ce137d32.png8babe25aac3e254967592323e991e211.png

Michael Antonson

Rayan Soulaimani

Emmanuel Halleux

Turns out the intake was better than the preview stated although it will be a bit difficult to judge due to all the players having the same potential so they are all regarded as "Elite Talent" so the three I picked for screenshots are based on the current ability of the players who have come through.Antonso,Rayan and Halleux will all be moved to the first team squad once the intra-friendly is done but I may also move up Jan Veldwijk and Simplice Makaya due to a lack of depth in the DC and DL positions.

It's also nice to see a variety of nations represented in the intake as we had Netherlands,Belgium,Morocco, DR Congo and Sweden pop up un this intake.

It's a little bit interesting that you've got a player named Michael Antonsson from Sweden. Mikael Antonsson played 28 games for the Swedish national team before and he was also a CB!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Antonsson

June 2022

Fixtures

168637155f9a6d0b8b816142936cb439.png

Playoff Tree

03bb72111cc2499c05ec600201ddf25d.png

First season managing with a team who were predicted to be around mid-table and we only went and got promoted via the playoffs.For the semi-final,we comfortably won the first leg and we were helped hen VVA/Spartaan were reduced to ten men and we took control of the game,the second leg was a bit more closer but we edged the game as we won 3-2 on the night to give us a 6-2 aggregate win.The playoff final saw us face JOS and they were a team we hadn't beaten in the league,we snatched a draw in injury time from the penalty spot,it was a fair result but we made hard work of it,the second leg saw us in complete control as we finally beat them thanks to a superb first half,we could of scored more but their goalkeeper was superb and he kept the score down but it wasn't enough as we were the team who found themselves promoted to the seventh tier!

End of Season update to follow then onto life in the seventh tier!

Derde Klasse Zaterdag B West 1 - End of Season - 2021/22

Profile - Vision - General - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Just the one player was released and that was Mahmoud Al-Hussein,he was whining about game time and I told him that he was a backup keeper and he immediately left after that conversation.As for the one incoming,that was pre-arranged as I didn't take over the club until the 12/7/22.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Derde Klasse Zaterdag B West 1 - 2nd Place (Playoff Winners)

af1ac9965c30b9cf6fa42f10797aa165.png

7d800018a57ef703701ced95d0bb8f5c.png

It was an excellent season as we came second in the league while only losing once in the league and that was to JOS who came in third,we actually drew both games against Blauw-Wit which means I can say that the Winvincibles" couldn't beat us in the league.I am over the moon we were the top scorers as that is one thing the title winners can't take from us.For the playoffs we knocked out VVA/Spartaan in the semis and we deserved victory in both legs although the second leg was a lot tighter than the first leg.The final saw us snatch a draw in the first leg before we got a well deserved victory which gave us a  4-3 aggregate win and got ourselves promoted to the seventh tier!

KNVB Beker West 1 - 2nd Qualifying Round

fcfdbf20d36be209b719144e7a94ba02.png

Not a lot to say in this competition as we made it to the second qualifying round as we lost to 6th tier SV Huizen,we gave them a fight but they eventually beat us 3-2 thanks to a late extra time winner.It was a good first attempt in the competition and it is nice to see us have our own cup competition at this level.

Players,Stats and Awards

No overall best XI due to it being first season!

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

497307bea897a3c5b9db57b7f6fbd507.png

Ruben Florijn

Frank van der Zee

Nelson Lopes

Brian Schouten

Job Esseboom

Manager's Thoughts

Our first season in charge was certainly one to remember as we surpassed expectations and that saw us clinch a playoff spot,this was impressive as were predicted to finish around mid-table and we went and finished in second place,that was amazing and we then went and won the playoffs which was an amazing achievement considering we had such a young team.The finances are in a stable situation as we have £37k in the bank and we have a sponsorship renewal coming up so we could break the £50k mark if the renewal matches our current deal.The only improvements that have been made are to the coaches doing courses for their badges and having a rise in the reputation rankings,we are still rated at 0.5* and obscure but we have moved up the list which is a great start for us.

As for next season,the board have set us the goal of finishing in the relegation playoffs so I am expecting us to have a tougher season than we have had this season,this could be made a bit more difficult as my two best players Rubern Florijn and Joost Hommenga have had a lot of offers from teams who are bigger than we are and can also offer them actual wages.I would love to keep them both as they will be pivotal in trying to stay up but we may have to go in with a worse case scenario situation and that will be dealing with things without them.It time to go onwards and upwards and see how we do in a higher quality league!

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

e051d8eecfb871460a8fbe4aff3c091c.png

Edited by B.W.G

Tweede Klasse Zaterdag A - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Profile - General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

One player was released and that was Tygo Scholten,he won't be missed as he didn't play for us as he was nothing more than a fringe player who had no potential,I wouldn't be surprised if he retired from football altogether.One player did leave and that was Joost Hommenga,this is a real blow for us as he was one of our key players last season but he didn't want to stay as he moved to a fifth tier team so at least I know he is at a bigger club although I wish he'd stay here.

Pre-Season Fixtures

b8505a6d5fb74b9d57e6d57eae1bfe0f.png

Not a lot to comment about the fixtures as they were all against eighth tier sides as I was just using them for fitness and morale purposes.We do have one player out for a couple of months and a couple of players who will miss the start of the season due to knocks from these games but hopefully we can carry on from here and make a good start to the season.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

78dd7d58d2bb3edd8cf2eda7bae9bd80.png56576a98ac83245ed8f02525eefd8c84.png

Ruben Florijn

Toine Berends

Mohamed El Khayati

Brian Schouten

Job Esseboom

Manager's Thoughts

A relatively painless pre-season as we only lost two players but one of those was a key player from last season which could hurt and it means I need the youngsters to step up this season but that could be beneficial to Michael Antonson as it is one less person in his way to first team action.Off the field,we had to make a change in assistant manager's,our old one (AM attribute rating: 9/60) left to join Enter Vooruit,his replacement also has a AM attribute rating of 9/60 so it was a like for like replacement.We also had our renewal for the sponsorship deal and it was a like for like deal as it was worth the same amount,this means we have now broken the £50k barrier (currently £52k),this isn't enough to do anything with at the moment but if the projection is to be true then we could be in six figures in three years time so that could be earmarked for our first upgrade which would be junior coaching.Also I received my first five offers for interviews,I felt insulted by all of them as they were all for eighth tier clubs when I am at a seventh tier club!

As for this season,the board's expectation is Fight bravely against relegation,weirdly that expectation has fallen as the original one was Finish in the relegation playoff spots.I still believe we can meet the boards expectations of the relegation playoff spots (8th-11th) and not get automatically relegated,I think we could finish outside of the relegation playoff spots as I don't think there is much difference in quality between ourselves and OSV (the team predicted to finish 7th).As for the KNVB Beker West,I am expected to be competitive,I will be aiming to get past the first qualifying round as we are against a team in the eighth tier and I am confident we can beat them.

Onto the new season we go!

Edited by B.W.G

September 2022

Fixtures

7f524877b77717b9bb028f436478f620.png

Table

027f0a192e91ded53d198386c46b6880.png

That was the best start we could of possibly made as we won all three games.We kicked the moth off with two games in the KNVB Beker West 1 Cup,we easily beat ASC and Heiloo in the qualifying rounds and I wasn't expecting to be troubled as both teams are lower in the pyramid than we were although it did take us a bit of time to get firing in the match against ASC.In the league we kicked our campaign off with a 5-0 thumping of LSVV,we were the dominant side although our third goal was against the run of play as they did have the momentum during the match.Also I forgot to mention,we also have Blauw-Wit in the league and they are third favourites to win the league title so they are probably going to be a scary side to deal with.

October will see us play five league games and we will be facing OSV,Zandvoort,Assendelft,BOL and Olympia Haarlem.This is actually a serious run in for us as OSV,Zandvoort and BOL are all predicted to be around us in the media predicted table so it is important that we get points in these games as I want to stay away from any relegation fight if possible.Assendelft and Olympia Haarlem,Assendelft are a recently relegated side and will cause us problems while Olympia Haarlem are predicted to finish 4th so they will be another difficult game as they will more than likely be challenging for the title.

October 2022

Fixtures

69cf8be5d2143da6bc990b3c9f724699.png

League Table

9f609c409c687a26fd8016e36e9722c2.png

This certainly was surprising as I wasn't expecting to win every game and we have actually opened up a seven point lead,weirdly the two games that I was worried about are the ones we ran away with as beat Assendelfy 4-1 and Olympia Haarlem 3-1.We struggled in the opening games of the month and Lopes won us six points by himself so I was over the moon with that,the 2-0 victory over BOL saw Antonson become our first youth candidate to score while Emmanuel Halleux made his debut as he started the match in place of an injured Toine Berends.The only thing I can think of for the reason why we are doing so well is that we have Excellent team cohesion due to their being very little upheaval in the team so the team are playing better together than the rest of the league.

We have four games in November,three in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.We kick the month off with the KNVB Beker West 1 and we will be facing AGB,they are a tier six side but I generally believe we could upset them as they are bottom of their league having lost every game and we also have the home advantage so I fell an upset could be on the cards.In the league we will be facing ASV Arsenal,AMVJ and EDO,this run is as tough as it comes as we are facing the three teams who are directly behind us so let's see how we do against them and we will see where we are at the end of the month as all I know is that we will be in the playoff spots at worst.

November 2022

Fixtures

5a8678e193e87fc8c7c5c856f250cc02.png

Table

07e9d7e4cfe56d6eb7cbc13529d2d693.png

The ever impressive won continued as we won all four games in November.The Cup game saw us beat AGB 3-1,we were in control of the game and it was a deserved win,I said we could cause an upset and we did so as there morale was rock bottom going into the match and it doesn't look like it's going to recover any other time soon.In the league we won all three games,we were lucky against ASV Arsenal as we struggled to get the ball near the goal with exception to Florijn's strike which went in.We were comfortable in the other two games and we could of won both of the games with a bigger margain.We finish the month off with a seven point lead at the top and we have a game in hand,that game in hand actually leaves us in a fantastic position as we could go ten points clear.

December brings us another three games,two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1 cup.In the league we will be facing DVVA and HFC Zaterdag,I am expecting the match against DVVA to be a high scoring match as there has been 48 goals involved in their nine games and we are the the second highest goal scorers in the league.The HFC Zaterdag match will be quite a difficult match and they are probably the most likely of the two teams to stop our winning run,they are solid both in attack and defence so we will need to be at our best if we are to win the game.In the KNVB Becker West 1 we will be facing SV Loosdrecht,they are currently a mid-table sixth tier side so it will be quite difficult for us as they are in a fairly decent position,this is a game I doubt we will win but we will try and push them all the way.

Youth Intake Preview

c98db32385b9271714b0945020a1de17.png

02187f1609e971455dab04c6852182fd.png9f898c352770ad62e85c5ad834223400.png

I know it doesn't look good on paper but last seasons was a supposed to be a poor intake and everyone ended up being a top talent,this is a below average intake which is better than last seasons so it's a case of wait and see what happens.

December 2022

Fixtures

11157c57f7a3d0244774bec03bca74a1.png

Table

1708ddde0bc703a472d0bbbbcbd6989b.png

Well that is both my winning and unbeaten run that's come to an end but at least we provided an upset in the KNVB Beker West 1.The 2-2 draw was of no real surprise as if you are facing DVVA then there are going to be quite a few goals in their matches,a draw was a fair result and it was a very good performance from the team considering we were missing a couple of players due to injuries.The 4-2 loss was annoying but the team I had to field was weaker than the previous game,those couple of injuries carried over and we lost our first choice keeper a day before the game which meant a debut for my 16 year old second choice,we were also missing my first choice left back due to suspension,we tried our best but it wasn't good enough but some of our youngsters got game time so that will help with their development.In the KNVB Beker West 1,we gave sixth tier SV Loosdrecht a 5-1 thrashing on their own ground,this was the perfect response to getting beat in the league and we progress onto the third round!

We kick the new year off with three games,two in the league and one in the KNVB Beker West 1.In the league we will be facing LSVV and Blauw-Wit,I think we should be able to overpower LSVV due to them being weak in defence and I think we need to be on the offensive as they shouldn't pose much of a threat in attack.As for Blauw-Wit,they are in the chasing pack behind us and look to be as annoying as they were last season in which we recorded two draws against them,I'd probably say this would end up being a draw as well as we are two very similar teams with the only difference being the type of football we play.The KNVB Beker West 1 match against Hoofddorp is our biggest fixture to date and we will be facing a fifth tier side,they are struggling in their league but the question is will we be able to overcome the gap in quality between the two teams,I believe we may be able to push them but in the end we may fall short.

Edited by B.W.G

January 2023

Fixtures

8275ee671847e6e8c832e5466467c780.png

Table

da5585d99e7f283f2cfa7d2ee5668ec2.png

We picked up three points from the two games in January,we easily beat LSVV as they were not match for us and we controlled the entire match.The Blauw-Wit match we can be considered lucky to only lose 2-0 as they battered us and were the much better side,the lead is down to four points but I am still over the moon despite the recent losses as I think we are pretty much safe from relegation so we have succeeded the board's expectations.As for the KNVB Beker West 1 match,we gave it our all against the fifth tier side but the difference in quality was enough to knock us out but I really couldn't of asked for a better performance as we went out of the competition fighting.

February brings us four games and we will be facing OSV,Zandvoort,Olympia Haarlem and Assendelft.I don't know if we will be able to keep going like we have but I will try to see if we can turn our league form around as we have won two in five,the match against OSV will be the toughest of the fixtures as they are joint second in the form table and will be very difficult to beat,I am pretty confident we can pick points up from the other three teams although Olympia Haarlem are a bit tricky as they are a good side but they haven't been playing to their best,if we can pick up at least seven points then that will keep us in at least a playoff spot.

February 2023

Fixtures

0f858bd80d74e157198e61c9d18fec95.png

Table

e54c3f66a9df457656ef34945b10330c.png

We managed to go through February unbeaten as we picked up eight points,our lead has decreased to three points but we are still top with seven games left to play.We recorded to emphatic wins against two strugglers as we netted five times against both Zandvoort and Assendelft and we could of scored more but at the end of the day we got the wins and that is what is most important for me.The two draws were completely different from each other,we came from behind to steal a point off OSV,we were the second best in the game and we were very lucky to get a point as it wouldn't of been unfair if we had lost the match.On the flip side,we had the draw against Olympia Haarlem where we dominated the match and squandered our chances,the fact that it was a defender who scored our goal just made me more annoyed when it came to the attack,

March brings us three ore games and we will be facing BOL,ASV Arsenal and AMVJ.We're still a bit inconsistent with our form as of late but I know at worse we will still be in a playoff spot but I would love to be still at the top but I know that it will be a tough doing as AMVJ will pose a real threat to us.I am pretty confident we can get results against ASV Arsenal and BOL but I need to make sure we get the wins as that will be a massive boost for us.

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

That was a flying start, and now it’s up to who takes their opportunities :thup: :onmehead:

That would be someWC Final to be at :eek:

Youth Intake must be coming up soon.

Are you halfway through the league now?

If we are to get it done then it has to be in April as May is horrendous as we have to face both Blauw-Wit and HFC Zaterdag,that is not a way I want to end my season :lol: 

I think that is one of the weirdest teams I've seen win the 2022 WC,usually it one of the usual suspects.

Youth Intake is in April so it should be in the next week or two as I am at the end of March.

We have four league games left to play and there is four points bewteen ourselves and HFC Zaterdag who are in third place so it will be a close finish to the season!

March 2023

Fixtures

1013bffe7f2d97a68e79d42633fcd548.png

Table

5be3633fed3b7395b3d1794745a8695b.png

March was a fantastic month as we won won all three games which has kept us at the top although it is still a small gap as there are four points between ourselves and HFC Zaterdag.The away wins to BOL and AMVJ saw us scored in both and that means we have scored five goals away to teams in three successive away games.The ASV Arsenal game was really annoying,they were the most annoying team I have dealt with this season and breaking them down was horrific as they played one of the most negative formations I have seen this season and I was celebrating like mad when Lopes got the winner,they played a 4-2-3-1 but with 2 DM's instead of 2 MC's and I really do now want to see that again this season.I also have to hand it to Ruben Florijn,I've only just noticed he is top scorer again with 23 goals in 25 appearances this season!

April is a quiet month with two games and we will be facing EDO an DVVA,both of these teams are chasing the playoffs so they will be annoying to deal with as they have something to play for.I actually think EDO will be the easier of the two matches despite their positions as they are not as good in attack as some of the other teams around them.DVVA on the other hand are the entertainers of the league,there has been 106 goals in 20 games when DVVA are involved so this could be another high scoring game and could even surpass the four goals scored in the 2-2 draw earlier in the season.April will also bring some excitement at the club as our next intake is due and I am excited to see who is coming through,I'm not really paying attention to the youth intake preview and that is because last season's intake preview and the actual intake were completely differnt,hopefully I can a clinical striker through this season!