Negotiation skill

I have a question about the negotiation skill. 

Does a high negotiation skill make it easier/more likely for a director of football, or technical director, to land a contract, or does it make them negotiate harder to lower the costs of a contract/transfer?

18 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

Does a high negotiation skill make it easier/more likely for a director of football, or technical director, to land a contract, or does it make them negotiate harder to lower the costs of a contract/transfer?

Not sure about your whole question, but ive used the DOF with 20 negotiating to handle an incoming transfer when he had five or six promises. DOF managed to sign the player without these promises.

On 07/12/2021 at 14:38, Tryllefot said:

Been wondering the same thing myself lately. The way that it's currently worded in-game clearly states he will "seek better financial deals", yet the manual definition is slightly more vague:

This attribute simply comments on how successfully they negotiate transfer and contract deals. A higher rating represents strong dealings; a lower one less so.

Had a GM challenge going in a save with Girona and the starting GM, Quique Cárcel, was replaced with a newgen of some sort from Brazil. Initially, I was happy because his negotiating skill was 17, 5 points higher than Quique's. He offered on average 10% more than the maximum for a player in transfers, which you know, whatever, no problem, but he consistently offered millions of euros in signing fees and agent fees that theoretically shouldn't even have been possible (at least not for me). He also "negotiated" a four year €32k/week extension for 36-year old forward Cristian Stuani. I just couldn't continue with that nonsense.

On 11/12/2021 at 08:33, doublecross said:

Been wondering the same thing myself lately. The way that it's currently worded in-game clearly states he will "seek better financial deals", yet the manual definition is slightly more vague:

Had a GM challenge going in a save with Girona and the starting GM, Quique Cárcel, was replaced with a newgen of some sort from Brazil. Initially, I was happy because his negotiating skill was 17, 5 points higher than Quique's. He offered on average 10% more than the maximum for a player in transfers, which you know, whatever, no problem, but he consistently offered millions of euros in signing fees and agent fees that theoretically shouldn't even have been possible (at least not for me). He also "negotiated" a four year €32k/week extension for 36-year old forward Cristian Stuani. I just couldn't continue with that nonsense.

So, negotiation isn't such a great skill after all it seems.

I would have thought a higher negotiation skill should help a DoF to attract better players to a club, or manage to land contracts with players wanting to leave for bigger clubs, stuff like that.