Help me Build a team around this player...

Good morning everyone! I want to build my team around this player and I'm looking for opinions on a best role and tactic to start with. I've chosen to hide all info about age, personality, and positional familiarity because I'm most interested in opinions on the attributes themselves. I will be in the Championship and money really shouldn't be an issue so I'll be able to build a proper team, I just want to do it around this player.  So looking at the stats alone, what would you say his best position and role is and what sort of tactic would that role work best in??

image.png.441296e61652d7b7199c8381fa061210.png

3 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

Good morning everyone! I want to build my team around this player and I'm looking for opinions on a best role and tactic to start with. I've chosen to hide all info about age, personality, and positional familiarity because I'm most interested in opinions on the attributes themselves. I will be in the Championship and money really shouldn't be an issue so I'll be able to build a proper team, I just want to do it around this player.  So looking at the stats alone, what would you say his best position and role is and what sort of tactic would that role work best in??

I kinda feel age and personality are needed to give a decent answer. If he is say 26 and poor personality then he isn't going to develop much so we would have to make a certain positional choice where if there is a chance for growth I would change the role based off improving some stats.

As it stands he would work perfect as a Cariello or Mezzala in the CM position a Regista in the DM position The high Vision, Teamwork and Workrate would make me pick Cariello but any would work if you could work on a few attributes like acceleration and pace he could even do a very good job as a Trequartista in the AM role. 

5 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

I kinda feel age and personality are needed to give a decent answer. If he is say 26 and poor personality then he isn't going to develop much so we would have to make a certain positional choice where if there is a chance for growth I would change the role based off improving some stats.

As it stands he would work perfect as a Cariello or Mezzala in the CM position a Regista in the DM position The high Vision, Teamwork and Workrate would make me pick Cariello but any would work if you could work on a few attributes like acceleration and pace he could even do a very good job as a Trequartista in the AM role. 

See, I like your answer better without factoring growth :)

What sort of tactic works best with a cariello?  

3 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

See, I like your answer better without factoring growth :)

What sort of tactic works best with a cariello?  

If he’s the player you want to build your team around, I would not play him as a carrilero.  In that role he will mainly just shuttle back and forth in the middle of the pitch and out wide.  A carrilero isn’t a creative role so his vision and passing is mostly wasted.  A carrilero isn’t an attacking role so his off the ball, first touch, dribbling, and finishing is mostly wasted.  Carrilero is more of simple defensive/shielding/support role, yet defense is probably the weakest part of your guy’s game.  His low aggression, bravery, strength, and tackling demonstrate this isn’t the guy you want staying back doing the dirty work.

As someone noted, Mezalla might be a good role, but his lack of acceleration and flair hinder him a bit there, though for Championship level it should be fine.

I probably would go box to box midfielder with get further forward and more risky passes instructions, maybe arrives late in box PPI.  Or even a vanilla CM(s) where you have much flexibility in individual instructions to customize his role (even CM(a) depending on the tactic).

B2B/CM also opens up the options to many more types of tactics, because as noted a carrilero is typically used in narrow formations.

I'd go with Regista(su), obviously in DM role. Perfect stats for it. Probably the best overall playmaker position, as they tend to be the least pressured by the opposition, but will wander around the pitch wherever they please looking for the most dangerous place to be to launch the most dangerous passes possible, or even launch an attack on goal.

• 3 weeks later...

This reply is probably a bit late, but I would second the AM with a Trequartista role. He has decent quickness, good ball control, excellent creativity, and good-enough forward threat. I personally would play two strikers ahead of him (for maximum opportunities for through balls) and two midfielders behind him (to gaurantee good service to him).

GK

CDR             CDC             CDL

MR                    MCR             MCL                   ML

AMC

STR               STL

GK (Goalkeeper - Defend)

DCC (No-Nonsense Centreback - Cover)

DCL (Central Defender - Stopper)

DCR (Central Defender - Stopper)

MCL (Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support) + Mark Opposition MR Tightly

MCR (Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support) + Mark Opposition ML Tightly

ML (Winger - Attack) + Mark Opposition AMR Tightly

MR (Winger - Attack) + Mark Opposition AML Tightly

AMC (Trequarista - Attack)

STL (Complete Forward - Attack)

STR (Complete Forward - Attack)

Sorry to interrupt but his stats screams of Mezzala(Support) in the centre of midfield. 14 dribbling, 15 first touch and good passing. Generally good mentals and physicals means he is going to be excellent in carrying the ball up the field. Just make sure you have a Ball-Winning Midfielder or a deep-lying midfielder to pair with or else you'll leave gaps at the back.

Edited by 180SG

On 28/12/2021 at 16:47, 180SG said:

Sorry to interrupt but his stats screams of Mezzala(Support) in the centre of midfield. 14 dribbling, 15 first touch and good passing. Generally good mentals and physicals means he is going to be excellent in carrying the ball up the field. Just make sure you have a Ball-Winning Midfielder or a deep-lying midfielder to pair with or else you'll leave gaps at the back.

Thanks. I actually have been using him primarily as a MEZ - Su. Though he's been eaten alive so far in the Prem