Not very realistic

8 hours ago, timtim1978 said:

Just my 2nd match into FM2022 and this happened, its not very realistic. The scoreline could and has obviosuly happened.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 172450.png

Do you play with full details on or at a minimum . Plus this does happen in real life 

This may happen more frequently as a you progress through the seasons and some teams become over dominantly, no one can predict the future and who knows, maybe that´s the route football is taking. I am in 2030 and the difference between top and bottom is extreme, a far bigger gap than you have today. With CR7 in the team I guess that game isn´t yet that far into the future.

'Realism' can only go so far imo. The game and match engine is dynamic, if a player has attributes that could see them score 4,5 or 6 goals then the chances are it'll happen at some point in the game. The way the match engine is created means you simply can't stop these things from happenintm

I've seen a few fours, highest I've had was a 7 and have also bore witness to three 5 goal hauls..

Southampton fans.. Look away now.

Mbappe against Southampton was his third competitive game for the club.  He'd already bagged 9 in friendly games, two in the Community Shield (against Liverpool) and 2 in his first league match (against Citeh).

HighScorers.jpg

FM is obviously not meant to perfectly mirror real life, because in no universe do Mbappe and Haaland go to United. So this whole discussion is moot unless you are using the actual players that Man U currently have. As far as the OP, what happens in one match is irrelevant. Even in real life, nobody can tell you what the score is going to be. Did anyone know that Germany was going to blitz Brazil at the World Cup?

I thought FM prided itself on the realism.  In the history of the Premier League no player has ever scored 6 goals in a game, (never mind in one half).  So the conversation isn't moot,  don't reply if you feel it is as you are contradicting yourself.

It's the most realistic simulation out there, but that doesn't mean it's going to be 100% realistic.  

What exactly do you want them to do?  Check how many goals a player has and then change the match engine to have a player miss if he's on 3?  Or we could just accept that although it tries to be as close to a simulation as possible, it's still a game.  You could rhyme off hundreds of things that are along these lines, but life's too short.

On 03/12/2021 at 11:09, timtim1978 said:

I thought FM prided itself on the realism.  In the history of the Premier League no player has ever scored 6 goals in a game, (never mind in one half).  So the conversation isn't moot,  don't reply if you feel it is as you are contradicting yourself.

It is possible for this to happen and Im sure one day it will, but it should be extremely rare. As its only your second game you should wait to see if things like this occur more than 'extremely rare', and if it does then its best to post it as a bug

On 03/12/2021 at 11:09, timtim1978 said:

It does, and yet there are some concessions the game makes ultimately as a game. Like allowing you to be a football manager ;) - the fact you're in charge of a team will always be the most unrealistic thing about it.

The question is what do you propose would be a fitting solution? If a player scores a couple of fluke goals should there then be something coded in so that for some reason that player just suffers from horrendous accuracy? Should it be hard-coded that a player cannot exceed 5 so no matter what happened thereafter he just kept missing? 

There are solutions that could be imposed to make the game adhere to realistic numbers, but would you really want to play a game that is doing that to you?

I would also like to point out that, when thousands of people are playing FM, someone is bound to get a result that they haven't seen in real life before. In just one day, I can go through several matchdays in the game. And that's just one person. There are thousands of people doing exactly the same thing, whereas in real life it takes a week to do go through just one matchday and it's the exactly the same matchday for everyone. When you play more matchdays, you can see more results. 

On 03/12/2021 at 12:09, timtim1978 said:

FM is being played by ~1 million people by now? If you had ~1 million Premier Leagues going on at the same time, you'd see this happening a lot more often than you do with just the one Premier League we have in real life.