[FM22] The Lone Rangers | English Only Challenge

DerbyJack

I am aware I am a relative unknown here, however for those who are interested in failed careers, multiple sackings and a complete inability to actually manage a football team I do have a few stories posted over on both FM Base and SortItOutSi. I've not really written about my failings for Five years but having been inspired by some amazing reads here, I thought I'd try my hand at humiliating myself on the big scene once again.

I should probably start this by saying a huge thanks to the thoroughly nice bloke that is @Mozzaplays. His amazing Database has kept me entertained for years, and I am sincerely sorry for what I am about to do...

Scottish Football. It doesn’t have the glitz and glamour of the Champions League, the aesthetics of La Liga, the slick, corporate coverage of the Premier League.

It has so much more...

It’s unique, it’s primitive, it’s rough around the edges.

The home to some of footballs fiercest rivalries, the most terrifying mascot to ever grace the beautiful game, a constantly reforming league structure and bizarrely England's Northern most football club.

Berwick Rangers.

1543.png.df114f45a16702961e5e7068f9b94efc.png

Sitting closer to Glasgow then any other English town, Berwick's unique position on the border has seen the Wee Rangers ply their trade in the Scottish football League for more then a century.

Rightfully proud of their status as the only English team to be playing in another countries Football League, Berwick fly both nations flags at their stadium, Sheilfield Park and sport both the English and Scottish Lions on the club crest, however this split identity is soon to change.

With the club falling out of the Professional Scottish Football League Two years ago and having shown no signs of escaping anytime soon, the Lone Rangers find themselves dire need of a change of fortunes...

... and I think I know where to start.

BerwickSquad-1v.png.6af5cf88865f0e46fbc8b91089135ede.png

A sea of Saltire flags.

Currently without a single English first-team player in the entire squad, the club currently has a very strong sense of being all together rather too Scottish for my liking.

Walking in to the dressing room of the Semi-Professional outfit, a bunch of players seemingly thriving on a diet of Tunnocks Teacakes, Irn-Bru and deep-fried Mars Bars are in for a very rude awakening.

If I am to take the loneliest club in England to the very top, I intend to do so in a way that will surely have the clubs adoptive nation welcome me with open arms with one very simple rule...

_______

Rule 1: All players, youth prospects, and staff must be English.

From the players, coaches and even physios everything in this unique little club will be as spiffing as possible, as we restrict ourselves to only bringing in the finest of English gentlemen.

All current Non-English players of Berwick will be sold or left to run out their contracts as soon as possible. All Non-English staff will be immediately released from their contracts. Only English players will be signed in the Youth intake.

Should any players declare for another Nation they will immediately be transfer listed. 

_______

With the aim of this career to take Berwick to the very top of Scottish Football, there are some very clear steps to take.

1. Form an entirely English Team from top to bottom

2. Return to the Scottish Professional Football League

3. Enter the Scottish Premier League for the first time in Berwick's history

4. Win both the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Cup

5. Become the biggest Rangers in the Country by winning the Champions League

_______

For too long Berwick has floated between the two nations but with a new era comes the beginning of a new chapter for the Borderers.

Tea and Crumpets at the ready boys...

Edited by DerbyJack

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a club to be transformed and a Town to be reminded of its Nationality, I wasted no time in setting in place my new policies.

Set down the afternoon tea. There's work to be done.

Mutual terminating the contracts of five Scottish staff members on my first day at the club hardly saw me make an impressive first impression upon the Berwick fans but before long I soon had them distracted as I welcomed my new staff to Northumberland.

BerwickStaff-1.png.69fe8a04a0b186480705e1a8b6391b0d.png

BerwickStaff-2.png.1c2d7d169f9540fc8488dbd0978f6ce4.png

Bringing in an entire new backroom there are two familiar faces within the ranks, as two former England players both make the move up North to take up roles within my staff.

Turning down the apparent wealth of cash he could be earning as a pundit for both the BBC and Sky, Micah Richards returns to the dug-out as my Assistant Manager on a whopping Thirty-Five pound a week contract. Joining him as my one and only coach comes former Wolves, West Ham and one time England capped winger, Matt Jarvis. With both men keen to build their coaching credentials we can only hope the club keeps up with their expectations. 

With my backroom staff now settling into place, the next course of action is to somehow persuade them to come out of retirement.

_______

With the staff assembled and a transfer window approaching, there's just enough time to set my tactics for the coming season...

BerwickTactics-1.png.52649ec94c1d969ecdf19c58062b4180.png

With my previous experience of Lower League management luring me towards shamelessly direct football and a beautifully English 4-4-2 formation, I instead go for something a bit more...exotic.

4-3-3 and a plan to control possession against our Non-League opponents.

With a defensive midfield anchoring our formation and the wingers expected to rain balls into the box for our lone-striker Lewis Allan, hopes are high that we can take the League by storm. 

Either that or they'll be completely overwhelmed by having more then Five team instructions...  

_______

Rounding off the season preview we have just enough time to review the finances for our lowly club.

BerwickFinances-1.png.ea2e0f288264b122a40ff82dcc0f5a7c.png

Well. Its positive at least?

With just Forty-Five thousand pounds in the account, the club is flirting dangerously close to emptying their accounts come the end of the season.

With the team still not quite yet adjusted to their life in the Lowland League and wages still in need of reducing, the club desperately needs to return to the relative riches of League Two in order to remain in the black.

With everything in place it just remains to truly make my mark on the Borderers.

Edited by DerbyJack

I've tried and failed this 'challenge' for four editions of FM and I have genuinely never realised there was even an even harder version just down the road!

Thanks very much @Makoto Nakamura

With a cup of tea in one hand and a a hobnob in the other, lets get stuck in to this.

With an entire squad of English players due to arrive on the Scottish Border over the next few seasons, there's certain to be a few comings and goings at the club and despite me being in charge for just under a month I was keen to get to work in transforming this tartan adoring squad and thankfully loyal supporter, Clark Pugh seems to be fully behind the clubs transformation... 

Tran21-quote.png.696d1d7ff81a92eface19a5b80afb2bb.png

With aims suitably high and England superstars apparently put on notice, we head into the window looking to clear space for their imminent arrival.

________

BerwickBudgets-1.png.47f402c13ede40c4e4bda6699bd36feb.png

________

Tran21-out.png.9cee8226479f168b196cae7bc5d4a04e.png

Not quite the great clear out I expected. With most of the club having only recently signed contracts and most understandably a little annoyed at being pushed towards the exit door I am only able to force out the lonely Lewis Baker who departs for fellow Lowland League side, Gretna. 

With little wiggle-room in the wage bill and a virtually non-existing transfer budget, I set to work bringing in a host of talent from South of the border.

Tran21-in.png.eafb976e093c5ea0cbdd71c0def5caf4.png

Tran21-b.png.103a456d2f2ed9f0595bab3cd98b42b9.png

Tran21-b-quote.png.41b753873455541774f5266718a9ed6e.png

I'll admit it. A Forty Year Old Grant Holt isn't quite on the same level as Harry Kane. 

The former lethal finishing Canary arrives at Berwick certainly in the twilight years of his journeyman career but despite being incapable of outrunning a herd of turtles, the sturdy striker still has a fiercely competitive mindset and an accomplished right foot more then qualified to find the back of the net in the fifth tier of Scottish Football.

Tran21-a.png.c983d710c707a73eab4695c6eb340b36.png

Having spent his entire career in the North-East with both Hartlepool and Blyth, Aaron Cunningham makes the move further up the coast to join us as our new starting central defender. 

With solid technical ability for this level and his best years still very much ahead of him, the Twenty-Three year old is quick to snap up a new contract as he looks to revitalize his career with the Wee Rangers. 

Tran21-c.png.5edd801a0eaad171007251beb4f12485.png

Final arrival of what proved to be a very small overhaul is young Tom Wilson.

The teenage defender was released by Carlisle over the Summer but in what could very well prove to be his final chance at making it in the beautiful game, he has opted to join The Borderers to combine with Cunningham as our newly formed Hadrian's Wall of a defence. 

Not quite the English overhaul was it?

A soon to be retired Striker with Eight goals in the last Four years and Two young but promising defenders down on their luck.

With the Lowland League notoriously one of the hardest to escape in the world of football and the both Rangers and Celitcs 'B' Teams to contend with, these new arrivals are certainly going to earn their money in the yellow and black of Berwick.

Edited by DerbyJack

So transfers done, staff assembled and tactics somewhat in place.

Lets get this started. Time for the pre-season.

With the club set to maraud around the entirety of Southern Scotland this season, we opted to visit our nearest neighbours this side of the border to warm-up...

July 2021

JUL21-z.png.04d77e33340d946d4a80b03f81c741fe.png

7th July 2021 - Friendly

JUL21-a.png.3f3b8b88a8d130f4458ca2074e5499ef.png

And we're off...

A visit to Lancashire saw my reformed side easily dismantled by a club in the depths of Non-League English Football. Its hardly the best sign of intent for the fans as my English signings endure a torrid time in their first outing for the club.

10th July 2021 - Friendly

JUL21-b.png.e973e943db0ef20c10088030582d32f1.png

...and the good times keep coming. Continuing to pit ourselves against England's finest we are this time easily dismantled by a Bradford Park Avenue who also find themselves fighting in the Varanama National Leagues.

With my new formed defence conceding Six goals in just Two games, my Hadrian's Wall of a defence is already looking decidedly wobbly. 

14th July 2021 - Friendly

JUL21-c.png.2e3a38c3d02217248e957728103458b7.png

Make that Eleven goals in Three.

Conceding Five goals to a sea-side resort is a rather painful way to spend a Wednesday evening, thankfully only Sixteen hardy fans made the Summer Trip to the Yorkshire coast, with a brace from Lewis Allan proving to be the only highlight of a another eye-opening match for the travelling faithful.  

17th July 2021 - Friendly

JUL21-d.png.f89cca175c669d5e5ea94394e0f6b726.png

Well...that's a something. 

In what should have been our hardest match of the pre-season thus far, we hold a strong York side at bay in decidedly shaky fashion. Interestingly only 13 fans travelled to York for this tie. Presumably the other Three are still building sandcastles and scoffing fish and chips back in Whitby. 

21st July 2021 - Friendly

JUL21-e.png.601fa5449bb286cc80e4bb66c726d14b.png

We end on a high!

Before making the long journey back to the Northern fringes of the Country, we do pick up a morale boosting victory just at the end of our Northern English tour with an opening goal from Aaron Cunningham the first goal for the Berwick's miniature English revolution. 

With Preseason done and dusted, The Scottish Football Leagues waste little time in getting underway as we end the month with out opening game of the season. 

With a decidedly humbling preseason behind us, its safe to say I wasn't expecting too much from my young team...

With the club predicted to finish comfortably in midtable and only 158 season tickets sold for our 4,000 seater Stadium, its time to light up sleep Berwick and begin this Footballing reveloution.

31st July 2021 - Lowland League

JUL21-f.png.bab5f8b74b0679165ada49077d37fe55.png

It has begun.

Like any true invasion we strike at their bravest warriors first. Students. 

Two goals in Two minutes in the early stages of the game effectively killed off any fight from Stirling as we comfortably coasted to an opening Three points. 

July 2021 - Lowland League

JUL21.png.97b8f02ef72cb384706901df30857826.png

With literally just one playoff spot available for all Sixteen Teams in the League, the race to break into the Scottish Leagues is certainly one of the fiercest to be found but with Three early points already in the bag we have at least taken our first tentative steps towards breaking out of the Lowland depths.

With plenty of League and Cup games to come this season is certainly going to test us to the limit.

Edited by DerbyJack

August 2021

AUG21-z.png.670b2181b61963ee61148f0b8ec9fd9b.png

7th August 2021- Lowland League

AUG21-a.png.cc38a5ff0c49b338ec7de918f07104e8.png

Fresh off our opening day victory, we pick up another Three points with Hearts loanee Aidan Denholm thrilling the Four Hundred loyal Berwick fans with a thunderous Thirty yard effort.

Despite being pushed towards the exit, it appears the Scottish Contingent are still more then determined to join our escape from this competitive league. 

14th August 2021- Lowland League

AUG21-b.png.2a19ddde06bd88c7bbafdbe8fb892413.png

Our early winning streak comes to an abrupt end as we are held by East Kilbride.

With the squad dominating possession we struggled to find a cutting edge, as veteran striker Grant Holt struggles to make an impact in the game due to his snail-like speed. 

18th August 2021- Lowland League

AUG21-c.png.c0d43647c384161d5cc577e5b6835076.png

That's more like it.

Three more of our Scottish stalwarts help to fire us comfortably past a spirited Bo'ness United as Lewis Allan makes the most of an unfortunate injury to our veteran striker, with his goal just before half-time helping to quickly end the visitors hopes of stealing anything from the game.  

AUG21-18.png.48702642add1dab94d170ef30cc83ee3.png

The irony that a man with the speed of a herd of sloths stampeding through peanut butter somehow managed to strain his groin sprinting is not lost on me.

21st August 2021 - Lowland League

AUG21-d.png.99944a8a2f52f7327e5f713bb82a3f39.png

The good times keep coming.

With Grant Holt's aged body sent packing, Lewis Allan firmly grabs hold of a spot in the starting eleven with a goal either side of a convincingly dominant Ninety minutes easily putting the Spartans to the sword.

August 2021 - Lowland League

AUG21-1.png.95e5fab22ee4c8945065b7bdb864c8c8.png

Well this is going well.

Despite relying nearly entirely on the Scots who remain with the club since my arrival, we romp through my first month in charge at the club in convincing fashion, gifting me my first award of the season in the process.

AUG21.png.78720f5649c828e222f035c12895d695.png

Straight to the top.

With our unbeaten start to the season and my own well-earned award in the bag, we top the table in the early running after just five games as we look to cling on to the all important and sole playoff spot for the rest of the season.

Nice and simple then...

Edited by DerbyJack

September 2021

SEP21-in.png.2968540f6b2d2886e61b12202ee54cec.png

SEP21-Trana.png.d2bdd89d360cc74ad4be15d0d63289fb.png

With my English evolution decidedly reliant upon a host of unhappy Scots, I make moves to bring in some much needed reinforcements in the shape of Two Central Midfielders.

Twenty Year old Lewis Bradley, made his first-team debut for Rochdale at the tender age of Seventeen but having struggled to nail down a place in The Dale's first-team he snaps up the opportunity to become our all important box to box midfielder.

SEP21-Tranb.png.938d4f47b361186a528e509de4191a17.png

Having been released by his boyhood club Leeds at the end of their promotion season, young Cole Gibbon arrives at the club with a wealth of physical traits and potential.

With more then enough about him to remain at the centre of our midfield for years to come, the Nineteen year old could very well write his name into the Berwick history books.

SEP21-z.png.d30a64cec37fa4fdd78f62c16426b93b.png

4th September 2021- EOS Qualifying Cup Second Round

SEP21-a.png.df4b977e9ef190762cae8c20c94e1f02.png

A winning goal from an Englishman. Now we are rolling.

The East of Scotland Qualifying Cup is a non-League competition played between a host of clubs down our side of the coast and courtesy of a thumping header from Tom Wilson in the latter stages of the game, we take a solid stride towards lifting what could very well be some realistic silverware.

12 September 2021 - Lowland League

SEP21-b.png.05c9e0a66fc238be7bceed6e86709448.png

With both Rangers and Celtic's 'B' Teams to compete with, holding on to the top spot is certainly not going to be easy but thankfully with both clubs ruled out from earning promotion, all we need to do is ensure we finish as close as possible behind the Two potential filled teams.

Thankfully with a solid display from the team and a fortunate goal from right-back Ryan Finnie, we  manage to claim an unexpected point against the Glaswegian giants.

15th September 2021- Lowland League

SEP21-c.png.b7299e1f10cbbe9b2c1775ffc0991015.png

We continue our impressive unbeaten streak in the league with a solid victory over Broomhill.

An opening goal from Alex Harris soon swung things in our favour with the seemingly inspired Lewis Allan resuming his scoring ways with an early second-half goal finishing off the tie in rapid fashion.

21st September 2021 - Scottish Cup First Round

SEP21-d.png.b9914a440877e537e370f4927a71a858.png

Our first action in the Scottish Cup has us once again put the Students to the sword as we thump Five goals past Glasgow University.

With the Scottish Football League's biggest and brightest still to come in the latter stages of the competition, the squad seem eager to prove their worth in Scotland's biggest Cup competition. 

25th September 2021 - Lowland League

SEP21-e.png.1b862b3b2675b561a3eeea359f9374da.png

With the club seemingly in inspired form we secure an impressive Two goal victory over Lowland League's favourite's Celtic B with the impressive duo of Harris and Allan showcasing their importance to the team with Two more potentially vital goals.

With Two of the League's best now behind us, the Berwick faithful are beginning to harbour foolishly early dreams of a long awaited return to the Scottish Football League.

28th September 2021 - Lowland League

SEP21-f.png.96469cd0bfe39c73fdee5b8939ede4c1.png

We remain unbeaten at the end of September with another Lewis Allan goal securing another all important Three points for the Borderers.

The Scottish forward might know his days with the club are numbered but he seems determined to drag the club kicking and screaming into the Football League with a seemingly lethal right foot.

September 2021 - Lowland League

SEP21.png.bbc4b367e24c1ba3f69b053c06f7bbd1.png

We've got a lead.

With Six points already between us and the rest of the promotion hopefuls and even a Two point lead over Celtic's B Team it seems we may very well be emerging as true contenders.

With the title and promotion seemingly falling in to our laps, it seems we simply need to hold our never to return to the Scottish Football League.

Simple right?

Edited by DerbyJack

I've started to grow very fond of them over the years too! Damn @SixPointer way to make me hate my Two left-feet even more! 

Thanks for your support!

October 2021

OCT21-z.png.44aff80cfe55efa4eb1c0190ad00f183.png

2nd October 2021 - Lowland League

OCT21-a.png.f9c8d46ce2fa770caef356ee8a6cd6a0.png

The unbeaten streak is finally over.

A lifeless first-half is followed by a calamitous second as an early clumsy challenge from Aaron Cunningham hands the Colts a lead they would refuse to let go off with only a late Allan consolation goal giving us a brief glimmer of hope. 

5th October 2021 - Lowland League

OCT21-b.png.344de3fb627a4ecaefcac99b5c554b6c.png

Now that's how to respond in style.

Despite the demoralising result just Three days prior, the boys rally in emphatic style to cruise past Caley Braves courtesy of another impressive showing from our Scottish stalwarts Allan and Harris. 

9th October 2021 - South Challenge Cup Second Round

OCT21-c.png.5325c05dd5cbe2bdc765cbcf855ea7df.png

With the club already involved with Two Cup competitions, we enter a Third in the shape of the South Challenge Cup.

With all Non-League South and Central Scottish clubs in the running, its yet another piece of silverware we could potentially add to our long neglected trophy cabinet and a late showing over Glenafton certainly ensure we remain in the running.

16th October 2021 - EOS Qualifying Cup Third Round

OCT21-d.png.e85635457e88380f6e8403019fdfc400.png

With progression in one Non-League cup in the works, we continue to push for another as we smash our way through Leith in relatively convincing fashion.

A long awaited account opener from the returning Grant Holt sets us on our way to victory with the ever present Scottish squad ensuring the all important victory. 

19th October 2021 - Lowland League

OCT21-e.png.ac53407e10a810ba948d8e4ab3213708.png

With the matches coming thick and fast, the semi-professional squad continues to keep the momentum rolling with the seemingly unstoppable Lewis Allan picking up an all important winner.

It's going to take some work for Holt to win his place back from the in-form finisher. 

24th October 2021 - Scottish Cup Second Round

OCT21-f.png.bd5819e6acec833a6f5563f9faaff72b.png

With the League form seemingly back up and running, we continue our impressive run in the Cups as we this time secure our place in the next round of the all important Scottish Cup following an impressive victory over Edinburgh City.

Having beaten a side in the heights of League Two, the clubs continued push for promotion gains another monumental boost.

30th October 2021 - Lowland League

OCT21-g.png.7cc1b813e7d1d7ec2b98584ceb3e54de.png

Three more points for our seemingly inspired promotion push.

A second half solo-effort from Hearts loanee Aidan Denholm, is enough to see us squeeze our way past Vale of Leithen, with Two back to back clean sheets in the League showcasing our newly formed defensive duos true talents.

October 2021 - Lowland League

OCT21.png.3c237e93f2af3a2131299ca62c846d8f.png

Despite the end of our streak, a rallying performance from the boys see us not only hold on to the lead but increase our all important gap over the promotion contenders to a whopping Six points.

With even Celtic's B Team struggling to keep up with our rampant pace, some inspired performances from the squad has us genuinely looking at a deserved spot back in the promised land.  

Edited by DerbyJack

November 2021

NOV21-z.png.ff5f22ad26a852f2a4975d2ac0d311bd.png

6th November 2021 - Lowland League

NOV21-a.png.e16e79f308e5b439c112d1ea940ba7ff.png

We continue to pursue a spot in the Football League with a fortunate victory over the wonderfully named Bonnyrigg Rose.

Following a frantic spell just before the break, we emerged from the second half with fortune in our favour, as Grant Holt continues to bypass his glaring lack of pace by only hitting the ball once placed on the penalty spot. Veteran instinct. 

13th November 2021 - South Challenge Cup Second Round

NOV21-b.png.e963a7ceaeaf5db58af059a993d0732a.png

We refuse to let go of our dreams of lifting silverware this season as we smash our way past E.K Thistle in the South Challenge Cup.

With Holt now seemingly opting to spend the entire Ninety minutes waiting patiently at the penalty spot, he continues to put at least some shine on the English evolution with his Third goal of the season.

16th November 2021 - EOS Qualifying Cup Third Round

NOV21-c.png.83be1888cdcdaae27baee3e546b18e6d.png

Refusing to let up, we continue to chase all the available silverware as we make hard work of getting beyond lowly Dunipace.

With Grant Holt finally scoring a goal in open play, we seemingly took our foot off the gas until Jamie Cook curled home a long range effort to secure our place in the next round. 

20th November 2021 - Lowland League

NOV21-d.png.e1ec9bace2136fdde37a31b90141f6ea.png

Despite intending to eventually show him the door, its growing increasingly hard to not love the free-scoring Lewis Allan and his wand of a right foot.

A brace from our Scottish sharpshooter helps us to sprint past the strollers and continues to lay down a lofty benchmark for a faltering chasing pack.

23rd November 2021 - Lowland League

NOV21-e.png.107682ac79908ef19f8aeca1d2cccc32.png

With Six goals in their last Two games, the Scots are in absolutely sensational form.

With Gala enjoying inspired form of their own heading in to today's game, we showcase our title credentials in stunning style at the visitors expense with a dominant second-half showing.

27th November 2021 - Scottish Cup Third Round

NOV21-f.png.5b3e90184197632da61d0ec6994b6d65.png

Our Cup adventure is finally over but we can certainly hold our heads high with our Third Round showing

An early goal and some stellar defending ensure we bow out of the Scottish Cup on the back of a slender defeat to League Two's Annan. 

November 2021 - Lowland League

NOV21-1.png.82cf732a497852c4a00880d7c60668fc.png

Despite bowing out of the cup, we end the month on a high as I manage to snatch another Manager of the Month award on the back of a nearly faultless run in the League.

Two Trophies means I now have myself a genuine collection of silverware. Look at me go... 

NOV21.png.6a4813f75dadcba642f05870d12a18d2.png

Look at that Green Form. Its a thing of pure beauty.

For a man who's managerial history can simply be described as 'tragic', our commanding lead at the top of the table is so unfamiliar that I'm simply just going to revel in the beauty of it and hope I somehow manage to continue blindly fumbling my way to the all important title.

Edited by DerbyJack

December 2021

DEC21-in.png.1a1af50fe00b8a0632ded665d90a1783.png

DEC21-Trana.png.81b96d94b7116d05245e2938ec784c0b.png

Despite now making Five English first-team signings, the squad remains solely reliant on their Scottish counterparts. Perhaps a Thirty-Five year old journeyman Left back with Nine appearances in Two season could be the man to change all that.

Perhaps not.

Despite being very much in the latter stages of his career, some solid attributes and age-defying pace means former Wednesday defender Dan Jones strolls straight into the starting line-up.

DEC21-z.png.f569b75695e3713bc346b0b85216c5de.png

7th December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21-a.png.59a2b51c59a5259e1ee2983edd0f211f.png

We continue to set the pace as we once again defeat a bunch of students in convincing fashion.

With Grant Holt using his considerable strength to bludgeon home a well worked corner, the Borderers add another Three points to their tally with our now near entire English defence impressive the Four Hundred fans in attendance.

11th December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21-b.png.0b9e9271f551936ebc4a1d8e4cf0b231.png

We continue to keep the good times coming as we cruise our way past Cumberland Colts with a Three goal trouncing. 

A first goal from young midfielder Lewis Bradley keeps the English love-in coming, having largely flown under the radar since his arrival, an impressive finish is hopefully the first sign of a what will prove to be a triumphant raise to the top.

14th December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21-c.png.44805fb65a2ccd263a86bbc8a387850b.png

Refusing to allow Grant Holt to force his way back into contention, Lewis Allan stamps his name back on to the team-sheet with a blistering shot finally breaking down some solid Edinburgh University resistance.

With the club now on the verge of a Ten game winning streak, there is surely nothing that can stop the Borderers from their impressive raise to the top... 

19th December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21-d.png.4cef160b5d37058a485414eb8f620b1c.png

...except maybe The 'B' Bhoys in Green.

Our nearest rivals for the title may not be able to gain promotion to the Football League but that didn't stop them from having the say in the race for the top as they end our run of good fortune with a solid one goal victory.

Maybe its just a blip...

26th December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21-e.png.808daedb4f86552be6804ec66d269044.png

...Merry Bloody Christmas.

The Civil Service ensure its a miserable boxing day for the Fifty Eight travelling fans as we struggle to bounce back from the Celtic game with a dishevelled performance to end the year.

Just as I was starting to enjoy winning football games, its gone up in smoke! Bah Humbug!

December 2021 - Lowland League

DEC21.png.87d06f538bee048f468a833737311c29.png

Despite losing back to back games in the League we maintain our strong position at the top of the table but with new contenders for our pressure seat at the top. 

With Celtic seemingly settling for just beating us this season, we now face fierce pressure not just for the title but also for promotion as Gala take up the mantle as our nearest contenders.

With half the season now done and dusted, we simply have to hold our nerve until the end of season. Simple...

Edited by DerbyJack

Finally caught up with this! I love a good Scottish save, especially in the depths of the lower-leagues. You’ve enjoyed quite the start including some impressive results against higher-tier opposition in Edinburgh which is extremely impressive. Looking forward to reading more and, hopefully, celebrating attaining league status come next season!

Heres hoping @SixPointer!

Thanks very much @DefinitelyTaylor, I've been playing in Scotland for a number of FM's now, thought I should finally share how amazingly little I've learned. Thanks again for our support, really appreciate it!

Cheers @Jogo Bonito! Indeed they are, the only thing really holding them back is how challenging it is to escape the depths of Scotland's Non-League system. One Playoff between the Lowland and Highland Leagues and then the winner faces off against the club that finished bottom of League Two. Its brutal. 

Its the start of a new year and with is comes the all important January transfer window.

Despite a blip in our League form, the club remains on course to seal an impressive promotion following an incredible run of form.

With things seemingly finely balanced and no reason to change, the reasonable course of action would be to do nothing at all...

JanTran22-out.png.0381871bab23020a1b484b500a61a234.png

...So obviously I sold Nine players and drastically emptied the dressing room.

With all of them leaving in a cloud of whisky infused dust, the remains of the club look around at their empty spaces, awaiting another influx of tea-swilling Southerners.

With only a handful of appearances between the entire group and a elaborate change of formation in the works, the drastic clear out is not entirely as devastating as it would first seem but most importantly of all, it clears a much needed hole in the clubs miniscule wage budget.

Lets give this promotion push a little English twist...

...Emphasis on the little.

JanTran22-in.png.bb12e3e8a58e3eddb3de6acffb4f8361.png

JanTran22-a.png.0b65fce3224373a2482ac25e0bbf3abf.png

First arrival of the New Year transfer window, comes in the form of our new number One, Sam Howes.

Having made an impressive start to the season with Non-League Horsham, the stopper jumps at the opportunity to sign his first semi-professional contract as he heads up North to the Scottish border.

With nearly an entirely English back line now in place, Sam will be key to maintaining our Hadrian's wall of a defence.

JanTran22-b.png.5cef15e697cbf18044520d0139005dca.png

Continuing to build from the back, we add another young defensive prodigy to our ranks in the shape of Welling defender, Maxwell Statham.

Having been starved of performances in the Vanarama National Leagues, Max jumps at the opportunity of a starting spot on the team-sheet with his impressive defensive technical skills making him one of the first names to be written down.

JanTran22-c.png.8b7ab944b4640207e6868dfdfdf21217.png

Continuing to bolster the defence, we bring in Twenty-Four year old right-back Owen Moore.

Having been linked with a number of English non-League clubs it seemed we were set to miss out on the former Brighton youth prospect but in a surprising turn of events, Owen opts for a complete change of circumstances as he leaves the South coast Seagulls to join the decidedly Northern Wee Rangers. 

With Nine departures and just Three arrivals, the squad heads into the rest of the season short on numbers but full of potential.

With each signing designed to add to our already improved defence, hopes are high that we are set for a resilient remained of the season.

Lets get back to action...

Edited by DerbyJack

Here's hoping @OlivierL, from reading your career I think you're going to be there a lot sooner then I am! Great stuff!

January 2022

JAN22-3.png.dbb3efad402f2cadf39a65d33f55ca71.png

1st January 2022 - EOS Qualifying Cup Quarter Final

JAN22-a.png.767e8e1719b99cf92179e9b1407ca27b.png

New Year, same cup form. 

We kick-off 2022 with a thumping Quarter-Final victory over Camelon in the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup as we continue to pursue Non-League silverware.

With Lewis Allan taking up Grant Holt's usual place on the penalty spot, a clumsy red card and a debut effort from new-arrival Owen Moore, the Borderers march into the next round in convincing fashion.

9th January 2022 - Lowland League

JAN22-b.png.1643bfaa8e061befe993b38f49f953d2.png

We return to the League and with it a return to winning ways as we end our miniature blip in form with a thumping victory over East Stirlingshire. 

Once again on the scoresheet, Lewis Allan leads another Scottish routing as Harris and Dow continue to hammer home the current importance of our inherited squad with an impressive Second-Half showing.

15th January 2022 - Lowland League

JAN22-c.png.90a0d8418c597dfab888471b4f8c188f.png

We continue to reassert our title credentials as we destroy Bonnyrigg Rose in simply emphatic style.

An opening goal from central midfielder, Lewis Bradley ensured the English evolution made an impact on the scoresheet but more importantly a second clean-sheet in a row continues to highlight our impressive newly formed defence.

22nd January 2022 - Lowland League

JAN22-d.png.d4fd58519c531525d1b23e2a4975f360.png

3. 4. 5. The goals just keep coming for the Wee Rangers.

A near dominant performance from the entire team see's the club control the entire Ninety minutes with only a goal against the run of play and a late red card for left-back Dan Jones blighting an otherwise perfect game for the Five Hundred loyal Berwick fans in attendance.

25th January 2022 - Lowland League

JAN22-e.png.d033a9648b0bb733f864c6875cea7a21.png

Its not quite Six but it will certainly do.

Continuing to dominate the Lowland Leagues, Lewis Allan waste no time in putting Broomhill to the sword as a Twenty minute Two goal salvo ends the game before it even began, with another late red card this time for right back, Owen Moore the only event of a lifeless second-half at a jubilant Sheifield Park. 

29th January 2022 - South Challenge Cup Fourth Round

JAN22-f.png.c5e0a5bd908881d9be0552ff66f191c5.png

We round off the month just as we started it, with another stride towards adding silverware to our long forgotten trophy cabinet.

With Lewis Allan rounding off an impeccable month of form in the most fitting way possible, we cling on to a second-half lead despite Beith's spirited fightback to advance to the fifth round of the competition.

January 2022 - Lowland League

JAN22-1.png.c60d8010de98662f4feeec059739f136.png

JAN22-1-quote.png.1d7f59aca693a9548d04b8e5115fe5e2.png

Me too Max. Me too.

Determined to seemingly belittle my attempts at turning Berwick into an English powerhouse, Lewis Allan completely eclipses veteran finisher, Grant Holt with an absolutely blessed right foot and an eye for a finish dragging the Borderers to the top.

I can only hope he stops scoring soon, or I'm never going to be able to rid myself of this man.

JAN22-2.png.ba11bef364abbf57307e003157a3cfb0.png

JAN22-2a.png.2362532f55def9f82bb5713bb79e0675.png

If only he knew.

Having fluked my way into discovering what is apparently a winning tactic and with a host of players at the club who are already determined to make it to the Scottish Football League, I've managed to blindly stumble my through this entire career and have managed to convince even the Borderers die hard's that I know what I'm doing.

JAN22.png.3093f779369601fa66955885fa7dccd8.png

Putting our end of ear losses well behind us, the team pushes further away from the chasing pack with our lead over the promotion rivals increased to an impressive Ten points.

With the club now barrelling towards the business end of the season, it seems we are going to defend the hottest spot in the Lowlands of Scotland right until the end

Edited by DerbyJack

February 2022

FEB22-z.png.6bf87b6e04d11c610a34d038d67c46cc.png

5th February 2022 - Lowland League

FEB22-a.png.ef97ba4686d99ecffb7039ee43d84924.png

FEB22-5th-quote.png.357136f8f2fe0d7f9f30a6598a5e1a6c.png

In a frantic opening half hour of football, we emerge out on top against Dalbeattie Star with the simply stunning Lewis Allan thumping home a brilliant hat-trick to cement his place in the heart of the Berwick faithful.

With the Scot refusing to let up, I simply have to sit back and relax as he pulls the entire club closer and closer to its much needed return to the Football League.

12th February 2022 - EOS Qualifying Cup Semi Final

FEB22-b.png.656eb63a78c09fcdc04ea229c02a4a02.png

He continues to impress in the cups as we maintain our formidable form against Bonnyrigg Rose but the plaudits are finally stolen away from our top scorer courtesy of the slowest man on the pitch.

Rolling back the years to rifle home a Twenty-yard piledriver, Grant Holt breaks Bonnyrigg Hearts as he secures our place in the Final with a goal deep into extra time.

15th February 2022 - Lowland League

FEB22-c.png.1abfd2a970e444a217d7088728f0cbf1.png

We return to the league in rather damp fashion as we struggle to a fortuitous point against a struggling East Kilbride.

With the home side securing the lead, alongside a second red card for the return of the recently suspended Owen Moore, we somehow manage to rally late on with Gibbon snatching back an all important point for the Borderers.

19th February 2022 - Lowland League

FEB22-d.png.b29cbf66924717d85337e48fc64adfd0.png

No good fortune this time around.

Despite having made little impression in the League thus far, the Rangers B team take the opportunity to showcase their true talents at the worst possible time, inflicting our biggest defeat of the season as Colombian sharpshooter Juan Alegria continues to chase a place in the Champions First team with a sensational hat-trick.

26th February 2022 - South Challenge Cup Fifth Round

FEB22-e.png.05a29baf858a9fbc92d530ea178b57f2.png

With our League form stumbling, the boys manage to find some solace in the Non-League cups as they storm towards another finale with a thumping victory over Jeanfield Swifts.

With the club now chasing Two Cups, it remains to be seen if the club can maintain their League form enough to secure the playoff spot with a much smaller squad.

February 2022 - Lowland League

FEB22.png.15db9561821cac4b2325d5a64dce3cc5.png

Remember that lead we had?

With the club faltering on the back of a Three goal trouncing from Rangers, our once commanding lead at the top has been halved in a matter of days.

With just a handful of matches remaining and Gala in the hunt for our playoff spot, Celtic in the race for our title and the club under increasing pressure we head towards the end of the season in the most dramatic of fashions.

My ability to flap at the slightest sign of danger is not to be underestimated!

Thanks as always @DefinitelyTaylor, you are much more level headed then myself!

March 2022

MAR22-z.png.6e582d12b66115eca3daeaaf772ae7ed.png

5th March 2022 - Lowland League

MAR22-a.png.155b077428e803a56b01b295c49c5c3b.png

Keep calm and let a transfer policy ignoring, lower league Lewandowksi carry you to victory.

Lewis Allan ends my panic in humiliatingly calm style as he secures all Three points just Nine minutes into the game with an effortlessly cool finish...

12th March 2022 - Lowland League

MAR22-b.png.d206617079462958334c2ab3cca09fb3.png

...and he just keeps on going.

The Lowland's highest scorer refuses to let any of my English signings grab the limelight as he once again ensures another victory in front of the Sheilfield faithful with yet another infuriating casual brace.

19th March 2022 - Lowland League

MAR22-c.png.f7b35a5c794ae6a131cabf7e1257d593.png

MAR22-19th.png.d531ddc286220e3393aade2987fa59ae.png

I'm beginning to think he may have taken my transfer policy rather personally.

Securing the one and only playoff place in the League with the last kick of the game, the unflappable Allan, cements his place in the hearts of the Borderers fans in almost deliberately dramatic fashion.

How am I supposes to sell an English revolution when it is led by a Scotsman? 

26th March 2022 - South Challenge Cup Quarter Final

MAR22-d.png.9bb30a9a6c5bf68e0a16ad4b829e8f27.png

For the love of...

Continuing to delight the fans throughout Northumberland, Lewis Allan singlehandedly secures our revenge over Rangers Youth team with a flawless performance and a stunning hat-trick.

With the club now swaggering into the Semi-Finals, the only thing that could bury my challenge any further is if he was to drag the club to some form of silverware...

29th March 2022 - EOS Qualifying Cup Final

MAR22-e.png.5fa41b8dd18bc25f3ba3e1599e101f08.png

MAR22-29th.png.95e38dfba8394331de32b88b1f2c1926.png

...brilliant.

In a thrilling match the club comes away with its first trophy for nearly Two decades as we lift the East of Scotland Cup.

Having opened the scoring and bagging yet another brace, Lewis Allan's personal vendetta against the English influx continues to humble and embarrass...

...but at least I have a shiny trophy!

March 2022 - Lowland League

MAR22-1.png.9e52d6419d14ffa2cbeb83b7fdcf4aed.png

MAR22-1-quote.png.bf524c667c2ab001b244aedfba255e61.png

Pick Lewis Allan, win awards. 

I've got this management malarkey sorted.

With the Berwick faithful and even the Manager of the Month panel fooled, I romp why way to another award having merely assured veteran striker Grant Holt is comfortable on the bench as Allan makes a mockery of my English revolution in stunning style.

MAR22.png.e2a6e85454e13d9e3d86e0f323f217a3.png

Despite going unbeaten in the league we are unable to shake off Celtic youngster in their relentless pursuit of the title but with Gala enduring a torrid run of form our place in the all important play-offs is secured.

With a playoff against the Highland League winner to play, followed by a potentially crucial clash with the club at the bottom of League Two, the hard work is far from over but for the time being at least.... we've done it!

Edited by DerbyJack

Good Question. In the Highland League its looking likely to be Brora Rangers unless they suffer a complete collapse.

In League Two, Stranraer are currently in the hot seat unless they're about to mount an impressive finale. Cheers @SixPointer!

April 2022

APR22-z.png.37440a6a4b45cc893249172fc2072e5a.png

2nd April 2022 - Lowland League

APR22-a.png.4921f8440220a38ca5844c7835bae957.png

APR22-2nd.png.235b58cd7e8311a696dd8c23d699b036.png

We kick start the final month of the League with a convincing loss to a Gala side who were previously winless in Four games. Classic.

Having secured the all important playoff spot already, the boys can be forgiven for taking their foot off the gas but with Celtic's B Team now breathing down our necks, we can ill-afford to slip up if we are lift the League title.

9th April 2022 - Lowland League

APR22-b.png.9b5fb3bc15c42639105e26b6276290e6.png

APR22-9th.png.45fffc81273a3146d982fe5452a00489.png

...Not like this.

Continuing to struggle for motivation the bots labour to a one all draw with Bo'ness United with only Lewis Allan's early goal being the only highlight of an otherwise one-sided Ninety minutes of football.

With Celtic now leapfrogging us to the top spot with an all important Two goal difference, it will come down to who can score more in the final game of the season to lift the Lowland League trophy.

16th April 2022 - Lowland League

APR22-c.png.444d30a69d2ae50e5101c53ca75c688b.png

APR22-16th.png.f140095824f157a0bbac953b8097e856.png

Son of a *****!

Despite the boys giving it their all and thumping home an impressive four goals, it proves to be too little too late to over throw Celtic, as they cling on to the top spot.

With the club bottling just minutes away from claiming what would have been a heard earned trophy, we can only hope it doesn't affect the quickly approaching playoffs...

23rd April 2022 - Highland-Lowland Leagues Playoff Final 1st Leg

APR22-d.png.a6f0a100373de4171a484474fd60a4b5.png

Highland Champions Brora Rangers stand between us and a shot at the League Two relegation candidates. Having finished comfortably clear of the chasing pack this is certainly going to be a true test of our Football League credentials.

With neither side able to come out on top despite a bumper Six Hundred fans inside the Stadium, we now head to deep into the Highlands with our fate hanging in the balance.

26th April 2022 - South Challenge Cup Semi Final

APR22-e.png.e71a42d6d4f31d8f3efecab9fc0f7d32.png

Oh **** off Celtic.

Fresh from stealing our title from under our noses, the Celtic prodigies are back to end our hopes of lifting a second Non-League Cup as they inflict an un-needed defeat in the midst of our crucial play-off decider.

With morale decidedly wobbly, this was the last thing that was needed ahead of the biggest game our season thus far, we can only hope the boys can hold their nerve...

30th April 2022 - Highland-Lowland Leagues Playoff Final 2nd Leg

APR22-f.png.1f3bb5dd7098c9d57f7b1148587fb096.png

APR22-30th.png.5a15e48488b145b89f9248327771c9ec.png

...Never in doubt!

Two of the clubs ever reliable Scots combine to secure our place in the League Two Relegation Playoff as they ignore the pressure piled upon them to secure a confident Two goal victory.

With Stranraer waiting for us in the final Two games of the season, the boys are ready to seal the deal.

April 2022 - Lowland League

APR22-1.png.f0133460ecb230505a4af8b47dbb1ef4.png

APR22-1-quote.png.9b4478a1188c247f3f093811fd0142d2.png

Yeah...I suppose so.

Its genuinely hard to not warm to Lewis Allan. Despite relishing in smearing a Scottish streak over my English make-over, the club icon has been nothing short of incredible in our push for promotion.

With important goals throughout the year, can we even afford to part with our lethal top scorer?

APR22.png.0d5224341e157671b1cf76381f61e5bd.png

A bitter sweet end of season table for the Borderers.

Having held the top spot since August, Celtic's cruel title theft in the final game certainly left a hefty bruise on the ego of the Wee-Rangers faithful.

Thankfully with the main reward of the season still very much in our hands, we look to cap an otherwise dominant season on a monumental high with our final all important month of the season looming.

Edited by DerbyJack

May 2022

MAY22-z.png.70737e6a3e0dbe3b4c3c524e186481b6.png

3rd May 2022 - Lowland League Cup First Round

MAY22-a.png.b72e20016e455dedb621fb389a80b5d6.png

What do you need ahead of an all important set of Playoff matches, in the only route out of Non-League football?

A pointless cup competition of course!

Just as the boys looked forward to a bit of rest we're back into frantic action but rather then sensibly making an early exit, we pull off a narrow victory over Bo'ness United.

6th May 2022 - Lowland League Cup Quarter Final

MAY22-b.png.e3ab50d3f34489abfc6c4ca669750000.png

MAY22-6th-quote.png.e57cf92838eb86d5152f1b3f4812d07b.png

Well I guess he's here to say then.

Winning hearts and minds on and off the pitch, Lewis Allan one again takes matters into his own hands as he destroys Dalbeattie Star in the Quarter Finals of this makeshift cup.

With heavy legs, the squad heads into the real business of the month looking to cap a remarkable season.

8th May 2022 - League Two Relegation Playoff First Leg

MAY22-c.png.c0c8fd832c40f978c3995bbc40470622.png

Beautiful. Stranraer look like a club devoid of hope as they arrive at Shielfield Park still feeling the affects of a bruising season in League Two.

With little mercy, the squad defies their recent run of games to outwork the visitors as the undaunted Lewis Allan leads the way to an all important Two goal victory.

11th May 2022 - Lowland League Cup Semi Final

MAY22-d.png.79bb59cf796030e39d71cba86751a9f7.png

Unstoppable.

Fresh from helping to put Stranraer to the sword, Lewis Allan pops back up to defeat the Spartans in an emphatic performance.

I'm beginning to think we might actually be the only club taking this cup seriously. Its almost like they're on holiday or something.

14th May 2022 - League Two Relegation Playoff First Leg

MAY22-e.png.443f2bf3a8a867e52e3fa949441713f8.png

MAY22-14th.png.10191d3a28d663c8ebbc296fba7b047f.png

We've done it!

A thrilling Three goal draw saw us keep pace with a resurgent Stranraer thanks to another you know what from you know who.

With promotion in the bag and League Two awaiting, the decidedly Scottish tinged English invasion has taken its first tentative steps into the Scottish Football League.

61063387.png.a6ad4102555283a52a01f19997508eb5.png

MAY22-14th-quote.png.b4159cd69635def0b38566c2e914de7c.png

24th May 2022 - Lowland League Cup Final

MAY22-f.png.5e7df119727cb3c291b7e5ff4842a46c.png

MAY22-24th.png.0a0fc24aba19260cdb6f91d8f1fc4e0f.png

MAY22-24th-quote.png.e584e2ac3d2a533d89752adc7d84e244.png

A Non-League double!

With the East of Scotland Cup in the bag, we add what was previously a very much unwanted trophy to the collection following a dominant victory over East Stirlingshire.

Having suitably cruised through the competition we wave farewell to the Lowland Leagues in fittingly royal style.

Well that went well?

With promotion secured, another Cup filling our now slightly less embarrassing trophy cabinet and Lewis Allan reaching demi-god status, things are most certainly looking up for the Borderers.

With the Football League awaiting, the loneliest club in England is slowly making their mark.

Edited by DerbyJack

Thanks very much @Punch!

Cheers @SixPointer, definitely one of my most rewarding starts to a career.

It certainly wasn't @DefinitelyTaylor, appreciate your support as always!

2021/22 - Lowland League

2122-1.png.0884b4668c4e97ae210c2eaca960f3ab.png

2122-1-quote.png.75752657701b61899a7a95421adfc913.png

More then a goal a game. Truly dominant.

The absolutely lethal finisher has enjoyed running the show down in the Lowland Leagues as he dominates his way to a final award for the season.

He might be Scottish but having pulled the club out of the depths of Non-League football and snatching Two Cup trophies in the process, the club icon firmly deserves his place in the Berwick history books.

_______

2122-1-table.png.96eb929551c80828f6fd422f23cfdacf.png

As for the league it made very pleasant viewing for the Berwick faithful.

Having been stuck in the Lowland League for Three seasons, the Borderers make an emphatic return to League Two despite narrowly missing out on the League title itself.

Ending with a monumental Twelve point lead over their nearest rivals for promotion, the club heads back to the promised land full of confidence.

Edited by DerbyJack

With the club heading into League Two and my long term goal for the club currently a shambles, we have plenty of work to do this transfer window.

With the Pre-season fast approaching and the early bookmakers odds surprisingly tipping us for promotion, the right signings here could very well transform the clubs fortunes.

Before we set about bringing in a wave of new talent there's the small matter of clearing some space in our already paper-thin squad.

_______

BerwickBudgets-2.png.5a81d1aba6b005617e5286103d567b3f.png

_______

Tran22-released.png.b71af117f32bc4f1a17f2f0ca1dd572c.png

First departure from the club is ironically one of our recently acquired English talents.

Having contributed just a handful of goals all season and covering less distance then some of those on the bench, Fort-One year old Grant Holt is thankfully hanging up his boots.

With the journeyman resoundingly beaten in every aspect by the all-conquering Lewis Allan, Grant Holt and his ever decreasing speed opts to bring an end to his lengthy career on one last high.

_______

Tran22-out.png.aed5c552bf83fe0e4686c17663bd3a0e.png

In a disappointingly quiet season, we are only able to move on Two more of our inherited squad.

With back-up right back Jamie Pyper sealing a move to recently relegated Peterhead and midfielder Jack Cook joining the equally doomed Stranraer, we are able to shift a small amount of space in the wage budget to set us up for what seemed to be a quiet transfer window.

_______

Tran22-in.png.3012f90f17b204c23537b3ce3fc3fa9f.png

Tran22-a.png.f359e46f6676c0f6dcde68c98e9c54fd.png

...Or maybe not.

First arrival of a surprisingly busy window see's us jump at the opportunity to sign attacking midfielder, Joe White.

Having been just released by Newcastle hours earlier, the exciting young talent is quickly snapped up before any other clubs are capable of picking up on his incredible potential.

Tran22-b.png.e81f6a4b96ad856e9cd7799d9d63512b.png

With Statham, Cunningham and Tommy Wilson already competing for a spot in the centre of our defence we add Matty Williams to the squad for some serious depth at back.

With perhaps the best defensive abilities of all Four, we swoop into Chester to snatch up the out of Contract Twenty-One year old on a free, in what may are tipping to potentially be the signing of Berwick's season already.

Tran22-c.png.9c2804c2d3aa2ce175021e114624d438.png

With a push towards a 4-3-2-1 'Christmas Tree' formation, the need for central midfielders in abundance has us snatch up Guiseley's Lebrun Mbeka

Touting a solid set of skills for this level, the deep lying playmaker jumped at the opportunity to grab some first-team appearances having largely fallen to the way-side in the National League.

Tran22-d.png.b926f472196a643fcbc4cfefcae1b4e1.png

We're once again quickest off the mark as we swoop down to the Capital to poach one of West Ham's young prodigies.

With a push towards having Two attacking midfielders in our new formation, young Daniel Chesters is set to make an exciting option playing as our all important Shadow-Striker.

Tran22-e.png.455793e569ee33fade84ec170eea29a3.png

Continuing to add options just behind our lone striker, Lewis Warrington makes the journey across the Country to the Borderers following his release from Everton.

With huge amounts of potential to live up to and already solid attributes for an advanced playmaker, the Nineteen Year old could very well be an instant hit in Northumbria.

Tran22-f.png.a6c846d1dd7ca271772cedbbe071c2a5.png

Fending off interest from a number of English clubs, we manage to snatch up Adam Porter for our midfield ranks.

With one of the best eyes for a pass in the entire team, the former Stoke youngster never made a first-team appearance in Four years with the Potters but with his name already one of the first of our rapidly transforming team sheet, the Twenty Year old is set to make up for a lot of lost time.

Tran22-g.png.d9bcb03db08fb1ec1e82969a391cece8.png

What a signing.

Callum Hulme's release from Leicester was perhaps one of the more surprising of the window, one only surpassed by his unexpected arrival in the relative unknown of Scottish League Two.

Having patiently waited to make our move, the now highest earner at the club swans into the team standing head and shoulders ahead of his team-mates.  

Tran22-h.png.7088b0d373155c9cee785102f900dc62.png

Rounding off an impressive window for the Borderers comes former Saint, Sam Bellis.

With the daunting task of having to compete with the much worshipped Lewis Allan, The Nineteen year old poacher will be looking to force his way into the team with his impressive heading and relative speed, making him more then capable of troubling even the brutalist of League Two centre-backs.

With the transfers out the way, we take a tentative glance at the clubs finances...

BerwickFinances-2.png.f9527791682b0a40a2d0cb745875379d.png

Not bad at all. 

With the club averaging just over Five hundred fans per game, their is still plenty of work to be done to make this team financially stable but with Two Cup victories and a Promotion in the bag, the club has made some healthy profit over the course of the season.

With hopes high that we can lure more Northumbrians away from the giants of Newcastle and Sunderland, their is still plenty of potential to grow the lone Rangers but for the time being we can just be comfortable that we are one of the fortunate few to not be in financial turmoil at the foot of Scottish football.

_______

With a massive Eight signings in the window, our transformation is now very much underway. 

With the greater majority of the squad now decidedly English and a host of unhappy Scots forced into the development team for the foreseeable future, we head into the season bursting with potential and on the verge of breaking our bulging wage budget.

With space still to be made and competition at an all time high, the pressure is on this newly formed squad to deliver the goods in League Two.

Edited by DerbyJack

Thanks @SixPointer, seems to be some good profit in hoovering up released players in England!

Me too @DefinitelyTaylor, I was very surprised when no one else put a bid on him, he could very well play at the same level in England if not even slightly higher. I hope he can carry us up the table! 

2022/23 - cinch League Two

Before we get stuck in the Football there's the small matter of reviewing how my challenge is progressing.

With the aim of this entire thing to transform Berwick into an entirely English team, the squad list makes for some rather pleasing viewing.

BerwickSquad-2v.png.4e34b111e0cf78e7dec8ad1b33ba86c0.png

One season, an almost complete transformation.

Having arrived at the club with not a single Englishman in the squad, we have transformed the dressing room into a den of tea and crumpets in rapid fashion.

With just Five of the original Team still remaining and a host of un-sellable Scots frantically shoved into the development team like a teenager tidying a bedroom, there is still plenty of work to be done.

With my stamp very much being put on the club, its not the only drastic change to affect the club.

_______

BerwickTactics-2.png.0e4257f87a9d5d988c97d7e0dc443d5c.png

New season, new festive formation.

With a wide 4-3-3 setup proving to be more then effective in the Lowland League, the shift to a much more narrower 4-3-2-1 is certainly a questionable one, however with a wealth of talent in the middle of the field and a plan to simply overload the centre of the park, hopes are high that the lesser-seen Christmas Tree formation could make waves in the Scottish Football League.

With the team assembled, formation in place and the season rapidly approaching, its time to get this rolling...

Edited by DerbyJack

July 2022

JUL22-z.png.efd154fe3df40d7e3cbb1cc4e55d27b1.png

9th July 2022 - Premier Sports Cup

JUL22-a.png.16532b9c082062bcb495ee48a3ec661b.png

No preseasons games in Scotland as the Premier Sports Cup takes up the early running.

With clubs from The Premiership to League Two all thrown together, the competition can certainly throw up some unexpected results but despite a Lewis Allan opener, Championship side Kilmarnock live up to their billing in a complete turnaround to steal the victory in an ill-tempered opening game of the season.

13th July 2022 - Premier Sports Cup

JUL22-b.png.226fcf0905a22ac527044f34aa51e9bc.png

That's more like it.

The first upset of the cup see's us hold Premiership side Livingston to a one-all draw, with the resulting penalties seeing newly signed Sam Howes take the plaudits as he saves Two penalties to humiliate the visiting giants.

16th July 2022 - Premier Sports Cup

JUL22-c.png.6b555b23c889dc0cfd451ebb98a52c9d.png

Before we can proclaim ourselves giant killers we are quickly brought back down to earth a Airdrie side Two Leagues above us.

With Lewis Allan seemingly undeterred by the step up in competition, it would seem that the club is already more then capable of mixing it with sides much higher then us in the standings.

League Two best be ready.

23rd July 2022 - Premier Sports Cup

JUL22-d.png.53d2ebc1dfe8cec48c7b7b1167158ea8.png

JUL22-23rd-Quote.png.85d795e1679e5a700bf70cc0ca1e8dd0.png

....Wow.

League One side, Clyde are completely and utterly dismantled in one of the most impressive displays of my young career.

With a brace on his debut from new signing Mbeka and quality hat-tricks from both Warrington and the ever present Lewis Allan, the club fires a deafening warning shot to their new League rivals.

July 2022 - Premier Sports Cup

JUL22-Cup.png.d2e49699b88aad7b0f2f46129904a414.png

Despite eventually making no impact on the competition the early signs are certainly looking promising.

Having been competitive in defeat and truly impressive in victory, the cup ends with Berwick bowing out but on an almighty high.

With the club already being touted as early contenders to win the League, it would seem the teams hard time in the Lowland League has forged an absolute diamond.

_______

30th July 2022 - League Two

JUL22-e.png.0537b89dbe705cae0ee6d3e7764fab4a.png

Despite the promising signs in the Cup, our return to League Two ends in bitter disappointment as we held to a draw by John Hartson's Forfar.

With a debut red card for new arrival Joe White, it seemed we were in for a bruising experience in the League opener but a towering Statham header gave us a surprising lead that we narrowly missed out on holding as we fell victim to a thunderous late equaliser.

July 2022 - League Two

JUL22.png.efbb9bd52ef884ffe66565e138e9329c.png

With just one game played their is very little to be said other then the bizarre fact that it appears that literally every team in the League managed to draw.

With everyone tied on one point, the club finds itself in a playoff spot at the end of the first month of the season, if this League is as competitive as it first seems, we would be very happy for the season to end with us still in the same position. 

Fingers crossed.

Edited by DerbyJack

Thanks very much @Jogo Bonito, really appreciate it!

Cheers @johnloch, you are far too kind.

I think we'll need it @ToMexico!!, it could be a tough one! Thanks so much for the support!

August 2022

AUG22-z.png.61aaa66982e2cb0d118f8b5e47aaa86e.png

6th August 2022 - League Two

AUG22-a.png.f8ca14631d1d4692e21f87e493ac5f97.png

We have arrived.

We pick up our first victory in League Two in stunning style as we humble Elgin City.

Having picked up a Three goal lead in the first half with a dominant display from our English arrivals, a second half red card effectively ends the game as we romp to a convincing Three points.

10th August 2022 - SPFL Trust Trophy First Round

AUG22-b.png.8852ad62f12de0df1f62a0b1c286b6ae.png

Fresh from leaving the Premier Sports Cup we are straight into another knock out competition in the shape of the Trust Trophy.

Having held us a to a draw in our opening game of the season, the boys make no mistake in their cup clash against Forfar as the returning Joe White replaces his red card with a goal to set us on the way to the next round.

13th August 2022 - League Two

AUG22-c.png.5ce42cab730733777547576d87033523.png

We continue to impress in the league as we squeeze out a narrow victory over Stenhousemuir.

Our impressive shadow striker, Joe White continues to impress on his return from suspension with another opening goal, with Sam Bellis taking his first swing at Lewis Allan's place on the teamsheet, following his first goal of his Berwick career to seal the victory.

20th August 2022 - League Two

AUG22-d.png.42f964cfa6626da9c34aecb628e5d3d8.png

This Football League business is simple.

We continue our unbeaten start with our Third straight victory, as we cruise past Albion Rovers in style.

With Scouse attacking midfielder, Lewis Warrington continuing to impress and Cole Gibbon finally making an impact in the middle of the field, our near flawless start to the season is gathering rampant pace...

27th August 2022 - League Two

AUG22-e.png.a0d84be8b1aae189d7bf001bd27171d0.png

...Well that'll put the breaks on it then.

Our streak is brought to a shuddering halt as we are frustrated by an impressively resilient Edinburgh City.

With a clumsy foot from Owen Moore handing the visitors an opening penalty, the worryingly quiet Lewis Allan is left frustrated again as he struggles to break down some physical defending in a lacklustre performance from the boys.

August 2022 - League Two

AUG22.png.c4339a7b419e7a8f6e38d31cfd5f46c7.png

Five games into the season and we are deservedly holding on to that third place position.

With the season set to gather rampant pace, their is still plenty of time for everything to change but on the back of an impressive month of fixtures for the newly formed squad, it would see we are more then capable of making an impact in my debut season in the Football League.

Edited by DerbyJack

September 2022

SEP22-in.png.00b12163b6972c728750654b92505970.png

SEP22-Trana.png.d2092de82ff5aace37d95a7aa5879a50.png

With things going exceptionally well in the league, we opt to increase our hold of the playoff spots with another defensive acquisition.

With the wingbacks crucial in my narrow 4-3-2-1 formation, the promising growth possessed by young Finlay Armstrong could well have the former Burnley youth product became a staple in the starting line-up for years to come.

SEP22-z.png.7be407a98aa8e0e143aa6ff781b00e7d.png

3rd September 2022 - SPFL Trust Trophy Second Round

SEP22-a.png.2ce0206466605cc9d08b26e961d829fe.png

The month starts with a return to the Trust Trophy as we once again meet Championship title contenders, Kilmarnock.

With Lewis Bradley opening the scoring, it seemed we were set for a stunning victory until veteran striker Robert Snodgrass rolled back the years to find a Ninety-Fifth minute equaliser to silence the home crowd but the Borderers faithful were soon back in fine voice as another heroic shootout performance from new number one Sam Howes, secures our place in the next round.

10th September 2022 - League Two

SEP22-b.png.ba542f16d305d25287e6f8c9d86ea556.png

We return to the league but keep the drama coming as we pull of a thrilling late finish of our own to snatch Three points away from a visiting Stirling.

Having seemingly been set to deservedly share the spoils in an end to end game, Sam Bellis marks his first start for the club with a game winning late finish to snatch the victory and send the Four Hundred strong crowd into raptures.

17th September 2022 - League Two

SEP22-c.png.306beb949f8241726feba9e096d048ae.png

Before we can gather any momentum we are once again on the wrong end of a clinical one goal defeat as visiting Peterhead secure a well earned Three points.

With neither side coming out on top in the first half, The Blue Toon emerge from the break in seemingly inspired form as they quickly find the back of the net ending the match unlucky to have no won by more. 

24th September 2022 - League Two

SEP22-d.png.74c991d0b4bd9d39e26e5d8aee484902.png

SEP22-24th.png.af89385490ff56e97b59eede6124889f.png

Take a bow son.

Refusing to respect their new rivals on the back of their humbling in the previous game, Sam Bellis fires the Borderers to a thumping victory over Cowdenbeath with a truly stunning Four goal haul.

With Lewis Allan now stranded on the bench, it seems the new arrival is set to quickly steal away his limelight. 

September 2022 - League Two

SEP22-2.png.024c46e7e9224ea5873aa4767f7a540a.png

SEP22-1.png.8194f4ae8c59814c639520419ab0b053.png

Back to back awards for our all conquering Finisher.

Having taken to life in Scottish Football with complete ease, a truly stunning month for the young poacher see's him not only scoop two monthly awards but also completes his take-over of the lone-striker role from the once untouchable Lewis Allan.

With his best years still very much ahead of him, Sam Bellis could completely eclipse the Scottish Striker as Berwick's formidable forward.

SEP22.png.dfa358768a6838a2dfb46a0c70d31fe1.png

Three months into the season and with the help of the all conquering Sam Bellis, we're still looking formidably strong.

A commanding start from Forfar is the only thing keeping us from a surprising place at the top of the table but with our performances far from consistent and things still incredibly close from top of bottom of the League, one bad spell of form could soon have us spiralling back down the table. 

October 2022

OCT22-z.png.45e3e6d692ae1786cd574177011654c4.png

8th October 2022 - SPFL Trust Trophy Third Round

OCT22-a.png.2421a07ca7cad5abdd1140d80a599ee5.png

The month again starts with the Trust Trophy but this time our luck in the competition has finally run out.

With the increasingly impressive Lewis Warrington finding the back of the next within just Four minutes, it seemed we were set for another giant killing in the cup, until a no-nonsense and efficient come back saw the Championships Raith put us firmly back in our place.

15th October 2022 - League Two

OCT22-b.png.1c60c216d9af7731cab5aeec8a465caa.png

We retreat back to the cup and quickly back to winning ways as we smash our way through Annan with all three of our brightest prospects finding the back of the net.

Having largely been pulling the strings from the middle of the field, Callum Hulme makes a rare appearance on the scoresheet with a neat penalty ending Annans resistance before the half-time whistle.

22nd October 2022 - Scottish Cup Second Round

OCT22-c.png.d8958d154bfcab389623083abbe161f8.png

Having only just left the Trust Trophy we are once again thrown quickly back into another as the Scottish Cup rolls over the border into Berwick.

A largely second-string side is given the task of putting away Non-League Broughty Atheltic, with frustrated new arrival, Mbeka bagging a well worked brace to make a strong claim for a permanent place in the starting eleven as we cruise into the next round.

29th October 2022 - League Two

OCT22-d.png.683285f78997c78c0053230607831275.png

With me and Forfar manager John Hartson trading barbs before the game, the boys take to the field of Station Park in dominant fashion to quiet the Welsh whinger and end the home sides dominant run of form. 

With even the top side in the League no humbled we have truly cemented ourselves as one of the elite in the bottom run of the Scottish footballing ladder.

October 2022 - League Two

OCT22-1.png.f1379eeaf5a543a693d215f68a7e8c0c.png

Two matches. Two wins.

You can't say more then that I suppose. 

Sweeping my Lowland League awards straight into the bin, I slam my first ever Football League award on to the shelf to start what will hopefully be a growing collection.

OCT22.png.511160e0260f05c0bca71494094d4c5b.png

Despite finally ending their near faultless run, we are unable to throw Forfar off the top spot, sitting narrowly behind Hartson's men and comfortably within the playoff spots.

Having carved out a well earned spot towards the top of the table, the boys simply need to maintain their impressive early start to the season and we could well find ourselves in the running for back to back promotions.

Edited by DerbyJack

Its taken me by surprise @DefinitelyTaylor, when we were touted as pre-season favourites I thought it was a mistake but it seems the Lowland League was not far off the level of League 2 at all! I'm still just waiting for the bubble to burst. Thanks as always!

Here's hoping it rolls us all the way into the SPL! Cheers @Jogo Bonito

November 2022

NOV22-z.png.0205a3585273baa2f76555ec6fca8df5.png

5th November 2022 - League Two

NOV22-a.png.c2b91a4bcdd0f6e26ea601d2ec147c6d.png

A nervy game at Shielfield Park sees us eventually find a way past Elgin City as a rare venture into their box see's us rewarded with a penalty just ten minutes from time.

The ever impressive Callum Hulme continues his flawless record from the spot as he hold his nerve to snatch up Three points and maintain our pursuit of that all important top spot.

8th November 2022 - League Two

NOV22-b.png.cf14e0cca4f69a3e69903397a55e5e06.png

With me and Hartson once again getting in each others faces before the game, the bitter feud between us and top of the table Forfar once again goes in our favour as a dominant performance secures a huge Three points.

Having not yet lived up to his undeniable attention since his arrival, Adam Porter finally lives up to his lofty billing with a first-half brace finishing off the visitors in style.

13th November 2022 - League Two

NOV22-c.png.d4fcb13855e236abe33e0e23125969f6.png

We continue to run showcase our talents in the next game as we quickly shutdown Stenhousemuir.

A truly brilliant first-half see's our young English contingent dominate proceedings, firing home Three impressive goals to secure the victory before the break and send the Fifty travelling Borderers fans home happy despite a bruising injury for our first choice right-back, Owen Moore.

NOV22-13th.png.242c0e0d86c7db465dff76b29c6c85ca.png

20th November 2022 - League Two

NOV22-d.png.a761cd78bb193b376eb29a9f0f86d690.png

Do we have a bogey team?

Having ended our streak at the very start of the season, Edinburgh City once again spoilt the party as they dominate proceedings to once again bring us crashing back down to earth.

At least we take some solace from the extremely late return to the goal sheet of the largely invisible Lewis Allan. Having been largely replaced by Summer arrival, Sam Bellis, the club icon is determined to force his way back into the line-up.

26th November 2022 - League Two

NOV22-e.png.a19589444931763c0df7aa23450bd575.png

We're not down for long as we quickly return to winning ways courtesy of a calamitous Albion Rovers.

Having seen the inform duo of both Bellis and Warrington fire home within the opening Twenty minutes, the visitors struggled to get into the game with their frustrations eventually boiling over into a red card as they slumped to defeat.

November 2022 - League Two

NOV22.png.ba1c61b1a811ccf85128565a1fdab8dd.png

Despite defeating them earlier in the month, Forfar manage to rally to maintain their slender grasp on the top spot, with their impressive goal difference suggesting they are finding it much easier to batter the rest of the league into submission.

With both clubs looking to duke it out for the remainder of the season, this could be one hell of a fight.

December 2022

DEC22-in.png.7a5a837225e1725fdede0f409b3f8e86.png

DEC22-Trana.png.3e68f432e17b5c872d801599f51aa084.png

With the January transfer window looming we opt to jump the gun and bring in promising attacking midfielder Tom Crawford.

With the already promising Joe White taking the league by storm as our Shadow Striker, recently released Crawford opts to try his hand at restoring his career with the Borderers as our advanced playmaker up top.

DEC22-z.png.44f9b7ebc71e2a412dd7fb55c9cc45bc.png

3rd December 2022 - League Two

DEC22-a.png.56bbd793f0a425f0eb7fe57c02fb20b4.png

We jump start the month with an efficient performance against Stirling. 

Opening the scoring within just fifteen minutes, the increasingly popular Sam Bellis continues to cement his place in the heart of the Berwick faithful, whilst our resilient defence keeps the home side at bay with relative ease to ensure we remain hot on the heels of Forfar.

10th December 2022 - League Two

DEC22-b.png.feca4aeaf06ce55344f1bd8b1485a936.png

Its a reverse performance this time around as we are forced to defend for our lives in the first half, with young Matt Williams saving the day on more then one occasion.

Having suffered the onslaught, Cowdenbeath eventually took their foot off the gas, allowing our predatory finisher, Sam Bellis to take quick advantage capping a well worked move to steal all Three points, with only an unfortunate injury to the debuting Tom Crawford dampening the mood for the Borderers.

DEC22-10th.png.c09ee32ce381398f277878474b6f14ce.png

17th December 2022 - League Two

DEC22-c.png.ea2c32475cd564a4142939a69d509a19.png

Having defeated us just a couple of months ago, we are keen to exact our revenge on Peterhead with then in-form Sam Bellis opening the scoring before Shadow striker Joe White takes the game by the horns with a thumping brace.

With the boys maintaining their relentless pace, we can only hope that Hartson and his Forfar side are really feeling the pressure.

24th December 2022 - League Two

DEC22-d.png.c8cf62561c390605c7bceacf6ab58070.png

Its a Merry Christmas for the Berwick faithful.

A Christmas Eve in Shielfield Park gives the Five Hundred hardy home fans a festive victory as we sailed through Anna with relative ease.

Having managed to keep Three clean sheets in a row prior to this game, our Hadrians wall is finally breach as an unfortunate Max Statham drags down his man in the box. with two quick-fire replies saving his blushes in rapid fashion.

31st December 2022 - Scottish Cup Third Round

DEC22-e.png.2da6260b6e8abf66ca3d29003de96a95.png

We end the year with a decidedly one-sided cup outing against Kelty Hearts.

With the League One side beating Sam Howes within just Nine minutes, the game is essentially ended after fifteen minutes with our midfield maestro Callum Hulme sent into the stands following a horrific two footed challenge.

The Home side press the advantage comfortably with right-back Owen Moore eventually joining Hulme in the dressing room with our second red of the match to cap a disappointing day for the Borderers.

December 2022 - League Two

DEC22-1.png.f88af294fdf3906a3f74a46c15767c4a.png

Game changer.

Geordie Joe White has quickly made himself at home slightly further up the North East coast and having rapidly made himself comfortable just behind the equally impressive Sam Bellis, White is looking like one of the signings of the entire season.

With a host of English clubs beginning to show interests, our only issue is keeping his huge potential in a Black and Yellow shirt.

DEC22-2.png.9096faf5b242d5325a3f9719352049c8.png

Two awards for the season has the trophy shelf once again taking shape.

Having completed a near perfect month of football, the plaudits are once again touting us as promotion contenders and with the boys seemingly determined to glide through the usually bruising depths of League Two, even the long suffering Berwick faithful are starting to believe.

DEC22.png.f3ead0dea3ca79133923ebeba0af00b4.png

We've done it!

We end the year by swapping positions and point difference with Forfar as the former League leaders endure a torrid December.

With even their once commanding goal difference shattered, it seems that our relentless pursuit has finally delivered the results as we take the top spot at the half way stage of the season.

Having thrown away the title in our first season with the Wee Rangers, hopes are high that we can make amends with a flawless run in to end the season.

Edited by DerbyJack

The New year is here!

With the club flying unexpectedly high in the League, we once again approach the middle point of the season dubious of making any changes to our winning formula.

True to form, I completely ignored the doubts and opened the flood gates including one of the most controversial transfers of the English transformation thus far...

JanTran23-out.png.1f3fa231589d01a09e8606d620801715.png

Lewis Allan has departed.

From a hero of the stands to a 1,000 pound transfer and a hastily arranged taxi to Albion Rovers.

The English Revolution takes no prisoners.

With Four other first team players joining him out the exit door including frustrated English central defender Tommy Wilson, the club continues to rapidly shrink in size to clear space for the long awaited influx of English stars...

_______

JanTran23-in.png.5f5524eafef7e3ad8b43f407692e596c.png

JanTran23-a.png.81947fd221031df200f69ed9301de53d.png

A Scottish League Two version of a marque signing.

Arriving for a minimal Fifty-Five pounds a week, former Ipswich, Sunderland and Palace Striker, Connor Wickham arrives on the fringes of the Country that once heralded him as a prospect for the future.

Having never quite lived up to his once lofty potential, the surprisingly young striker will act as a second-string finisher behind the untouchable Bellis but with experienced far beyond his colleagues, he will undoubtedly be one of the key players behind the scenes.

JanTran23-b.png.d8a8d46359701ad5d61c4751ea53ce38.png

With Sam Howes holding the Berwick fort without a single blemish to his name, we opt to bring in a young apprentice to his number one shirt, in the shape of Tom Smith.

The Arsenal youth product has been plied his trade across the lower leagues of England but with his contract ended and options running out, the promising prospect jumps at the offer of a part-time contract with the Borderers, adding some quality depth between the sticks and providing Howes with some much needed competition.

With departures once again outweighing our additions, the squad is now down to a handful of English heavyweights.

With half of the season still to come, we can only hope this group of players can avoid any serious long-term injuries as we look to cling on to our place at the top of the season until the Summer.

With no Allan, no depth and no idea what to expect, the stage is set for an exciting season for the Wee Rangers.

Edited by DerbyJack

@ToMexico!! I couldn't believe no one else had scooped him up before we did! Could be the signing of the season! 

It most certainly is @SixPointer, He's only had Thirteen appearances in the last Six years but still, he's gone from the Championship to Scottish League Two. Must be for the love of the game!

Yeah he never looked at home at the highest level @Jogo Bonito but he should have more then enough about him to tear this League apart if he can elbow Bellis out the way.

I love bringing in famous names, specially at this level where they can still be great! I'm going to have him surrounded in bubble wrap @DefinitelyTaylor

January 2023

JAN23-z.png.e43f0dc48b67756e2c6f533813a5e0e7.png

7th January 2023 - League Two

JAN23-a.png.02589a25e912a9399a856a22bae9db7c.png

Welcome to 2023.

The League leaders start the year in much the same way they ended it, as we stroll to a flawless victory.

With Elgin apparently setting out to crunch my young charges, the home side throw away any chance of victory after just sixteen minutes as a straight red see's them down to ten men, with Two goals either side of the break ensuring we remain in our lofty position.

14th January 2023 - League Two

JAN23-b.png.8293492975a0b5733140d4a916cebea4.png

We continue to maintain a perfect record over Stenhousemuir with another comfortable Two goal victory.

Returning to the team following his injury, Tom Crawford curls home a sublime finish to open proceedings, with the undeniable talent of Joe White finishing off the game before the half-time whistle as we continue to showcase our promotion credentials.

21st January 2023 - League Two

JAN23-c.png.e90907fa743d2df353656840d97228eb.png

I hate Edinburgh.

Making Three defeats out of Three, Edinburgh City seemingly have our number as they make a mockery of our once seemingly untouchable position at the top.

With even Sam Bellis's attempts at dragging the club back into the game quickly shut down, it seems the club from the Capital just  simply know how to take apart my young squad and our Christmas Tree formation.

28th January 2023 - League Two

JAN23-d.png.0b7a79a78171deaa72f25125b6a079f7.png

We leave it late to return to winning ways as we eventually find a way past a resilient Albion Rovers.

Having admirably defended throughout nearly the entire game, the lethal Sam Bellis picks up on a clinical through-ball to tuck home the breakthrough goal, with Lewis Warrington joining him on the scoresheet with a goal in dying seconds of the game putting a gloss on the finish.

January 2023 - League Two

JAN23-1.png.4abd2840431abce62316ff89f94c12a4.png

The ever present Lewis Warrington has quietly been going about his business as partner to the show-stealing Joe White but come the new year, the Scouse attacking midfielder has elbowed his way to centre stage with a string of impressive performances.

At just Twenty, the former Everton man is set for a lengthy career on the Scottish border as our attacking trio continue to dominate the League.

JAN23-2.png.11c53d7686592c12134d54a54a5b8fce.png

Well don't mind if I do.

Despite the standard defeat to Edinburgh City mid-way through the week, I still somehow manage to add a third trophy to the collection as the rest of the chasing pack struggle to match our near relentless pace.

JAN23.png.a56f3a35f0a21ad50a1d31d7f8e060d9.png

Despite Edinburgh City's best efforts we strengthen our hold on the top spot with another strong showing for the Borderers.

With Forfar now seemingly in disarray following their usurping from the top, we can only hope to put more of a dent into their title hopes as we head towards the business end of the season and closer to unprecedented back to back promotions. 

February 2023

FEB23-in.png.955336e602acf39eb56caea55d74a85c.png

FEB23-Trana.png.5b13a4912ba72299b6b919b2370fd6b6.png

From one of the most promising prospects to have set foot on the hallowed grass of Anfield, to the sideways rain and freezing weather of a half-empty Shielfield Park.

Ouch. 

Having finally talked him into submission, we land experienced midfield general, Jay Spearing to the ranks as we look to add some much needed depth and experience to help seal our push for promotion.

FEB23-z.png.1bac99e17cc4145370b864c46c861809.png

4th February 2023 - League Two

FEB23-a.png.2f0597cbcc6cb14b8b92043a83b3cc85.png

Our frontmen continue to keep the relentless pace going as shadow striker, Tom Crawford and lone striker, Sam Bellis combine to see send Stirling back over the border with their tail between their legs.

It looks like it is going to take something truly special to turf us out of our position at the head of the table...

11th February 2023 - League Two

FEB23-b.png.30c11fb8a9d8a0fb5ee9d3bc1a7c785e.png

...and Cowdenbeath certainly don't have it.

Continuing to take the League by storm we do the job over Cowdenbeath with another brutally efficient showing at the Central Park Stadium sending us back to England brimming with deserved confidence.

Can any one in the League step us and stop our promotion push?

18th February 2023 - League Two

FEB23-c.png.e338da4e60611b55cf9642493669d933.png

FEB23-18th-quote.png.b1b60ed3a229cde60ee676cd918e17de.png

It would seem not.

With my ego growing out of control, we run through Peterhead to maintain an absolutely phenomenal showing throughout February.

With Sam Bellis continuing to draw praise from far and wide, the only issue we are facing is keeping our lethal finisher under the radar of a host of circling English clubs, with yet another clinical brace ensuring the young poacher is worshipped throughout the town.

25th February 2023 - League Two

FEB23-d.png.5dcd5ed960f361a254e0fa0f44aecf11.png

Job done.

We complete the set for mark a perfect month for the Borderers with our Fourth, Two goal victory in a row.

Having not only found the back of the net with ease but also held an impenetrable wall of a defence throughout the entirety of February, Joe White and Sam Bellis's combined efforts hardly come as a surprise as we casually stroll to another Three points.

February 2023 - League Two

FEB23-1.png.0848a4bff03e40fbca5342d401e742e7.png

Despite the arrival of a experienced veteran, Sam Bellis refuses to be fazed as he once again dominates the League.

With the young poacher keeping up a record of a goal a game, the former Southampton prospect seems determined to pull the club into the promised land of League One all by himself.

FEB23-2.png.13362c2238a4e3694dd129719f4ddab6.png

FEB23-quote.png.0e028ea646438168ebfd0cf667d9b6ae.png

Not so sure about that. 

Having done little more then to ensure Bellis's name is the first on the teamsheet, I pick up back to back Manager of the Month awards following a simply sensational month of football. 

FEB23.png.fe685453ad2506882fd450918e1d229a.png

With the clubs flawless February in the bag, many of the Borderers faithful are already preparing for life in League One with Two months of the season still remaining. 

Holding a commanding Eleven point lead over a flapping Forfar, our title claim is now potentially just a handful of games away.

Having let the same dominant position slip through our fingers last year, you can rest assured the boys will not make the same mistake in their stunning return to the promised land.

Edited by DerbyJack

March 2023

MAR23-z.png.4e261790ad6f07f47373adbcf9507231.png

4th March 2023 - League Two

MAR23-a.png.7c19c704b884eecc17041fa9f4a5ff32.png

A hard earned draw with former League leaders Forfar has the Borderers faithful postpone their promotion party as my now bitter rival John Hartson claims a measure of redemption with a last minute equaliser snatching a fortunate draw.

Having witness Forfar implode from afar, could we be about to witness a monumental rally from the former Celtic frontman and his beleaguered team?

11th March 2023 - League Two

MAR23-b.png.cb5280d3729ebeff58c195b5b0408dff.png

Having been brought back to down to the earth in the previous game, the boys labour to victory over Elgin as we return to winning ways in less then convincing fashion.

With the boys largely on the backfoot for the majority of the first-half we make the most of a rare opportunity from the spot to snatch all Three points and resume our preparations for life in League One courtesy of the unflappable Callum Hulme.

18th March 2023 - League Two

MAR23-c.png.ce487f9c4795c153eec0cdc4d7ad6a48.png

We complete our dominance of Stenhousemuir with a hard-fought victory on the outskirts of Falkirk. 

Having controlled the entirety of play in the opening Forty-Five minutes, the lethal duo of Joe White and Sam Bellis once again combine to secure a Two goal lead, with a reverse of fortunes in the second ensuring a nervy finish as new arrival Jay Spearing makes his first impact in a Berwick shirt by sending his studs flying into a helpless pair of shins.

26th March 2023 - League Two

MAR23-d.png.fc4c2756f0fe64bb2c2b516364e9e5c6.png

The curse is lifted.

Having held an unblemished record over us in our previous Three meetings, we finally get the better of the club from the Capital with another fortuitous victory.

With the boys continuing to make the most of their impressive form out of the blocks, we seal the deal within the first half, with the defence doing just enough to keep our bogey team at bay to hold on to the points until a much welcome final whistle.

March 2023 - League Two

MAR23-1.png.06a7d163d092c9922a2364ec5656c850.png

They just cant keep up.

With momentum well and truly on our side, a minor road bump in the shape of the Forfar draw is quickly flattened out as we return to efficient winning ways to seal my third manager of the month award in a row.

Who knew a Christmas Tree formation had this much power!

MAR23.png.80b9edc636b0946bd577c738cf9c19ca.png

We are just moments away from sealing the deal. 

Despite Forfars rallying efforts we maintain our Thirteen point lead into the final month of the season with only only a complete and utter collapse coming between us and guaranteed promotion.

With just one right result handing us the title, the Shielfield faithful poised and ready to let loose and a celebratory afternoon tea ready and waiting, it just remains for us to grab the title and take our deserved place in the safety of League One.