(FM22) - Custom Nation in Europe Updated for 22.4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 13:51, nasaiain said:

Ive finally managed to create a file that allows you to add a custom nation to europe so I though I would share, tested to 2050 without an issue

Europe Additional Nation.fmf 19.44 kB · 32 downloads

This file does the following

• Activates Ireland (Pre-1922) as an active nation
  • Replaces Kazakhstan in World Cup Qualifying with Ireland (Pre-1922)
  • Replaces Kazakhstan in UEFA Nations League with Ireland (Pre-1922)
  • Moved Kazkhstan to Asia
  • and thats it!

The following happen Automatically

• Kazakhstan play in World Cup Qualifying in Asia and the Asia Cup
  • Ireland (Pre-1922) play in
    • Euros (no editing required to make this happen)
    • World Cup Qualifying Europe
    • UEFA Nations League
  • The youth Teams play in the correct confederations

The only issue (very very minor) is that Kazakhstan clubs do not enter any Continental competitions, the AFC Champison league would need a rebuild

Obviously this file is designed to work alongside your own custom nation file, in which you use Ireland (Pre-1922) as the nation and edit it as you desire 

When you moved Kazakhstan to Asia did you just change the continent of them or do you have to change competition rules? 

Edited by Stantoner
Wrong Spelling

Just changed their continent.

They end up playing in Asian International competitions automatically, but unfortunately their club teams will not enter any competitions.

You just have to replace them in the UEFA Nations League with your new country.

As long as you use Ireland (pre-1922) as the base for your new country this file can be used alongside it with no changes required

32 minutes ago, nasaiain said:

Just changed their continent.

They end up playing in Asian International competitions automatically, but unfortunately their club teams will not enter any competitions.

You just have to replace them in the UEFA Nations League with your new country.

As long as you use Ireland (pre-1922) as the base for your new country this file can be used alongside it with no changes required

Thanks pal, there's a country I'd rather shift out of Europe than Kazakhstan, once my.son goes bed I'll get access to the laptop and have a play

On 26/11/2021 at 13:51, nasaiain said:

Ive finally managed to create a file that allows you to add a custom nation to europe so I though I would share, tested to 2050 without an issue

Europe Additional Nation.fmf 19.44 kB · 33 downloads

This file does the following

• Activates Ireland (Pre-1922) as an active nation
  • Replaces Kazakhstan in World Cup Qualifying with Ireland (Pre-1922)
  • Replaces Kazakhstan in UEFA Nations League with Ireland (Pre-1922)
  • Moved Kazkhstan to Asia
  • and thats it!

The following happen Automatically

• Kazakhstan play in World Cup Qualifying in Asia and the Asia Cup
  • Ireland (Pre-1922) play in
    • Euros (no editing required to make this happen)
    • World Cup Qualifying Europe
    • UEFA Nations League
  • The youth Teams play in the correct confederations

The only issue (very very minor) is that Kazakhstan clubs do not enter any Continental competitions, the AFC Champison league would need a rebuild

Obviously this file is designed to work alongside your own custom nation file, in which you use Ireland (Pre-1922) as the nation and edit it as you desire 

Hey mate, I've added the file you uploaded but the Nation Rules are greyed out. Is there a fix?

The file is for international rules only.

You need to create a separate file for the nation rules, as long as you use the same country, in this case Ireland (Pre-1922) they work together.

I think this is what you mean, I'm away from my PC for a few days so cant check

42 minutes ago, nasaiain said:

The file is for international rules only.

You need to create a separate file for the nation rules, as long as you use the same country, in this case Ireland (Pre-1922) they work together.

I think this is what you mean, I'm away from my PC for a few days so cant check

All of the rules are greyed out. I swear it used to be easier to edit a nation 

• 2 months later...

I'm using this file and it works for the nations league and WC quals, but it appears EURO quals just don't take place at all. Euro 2024 went ahead, but there was no prior qualification, and it doesnt appear EURO 2028 qualifiers are going to happen either.

I didn't adjust your file at all. I replaced Ireland Pre 1922 in my main file as specified.

Any ideas!?

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 17:57, mcai3db3 said:

I'm using this file and it works for the nations league and WC quals, but it appears EURO quals just don't take place at all. Euro 2024 went ahead, but there was no prior qualification, and it doesnt appear EURO 2028 qualifiers are going to happen either.

I didn't adjust your file at all. I replaced Ireland Pre 1922 in my main file as specified.

Any ideas!?

I think thsi issue is because of the changes that were made in the latest update to Russia, when I run a test the Euros and the Nations League just dont take place. World cup[ qualifying does, as that is able to be a bit more flexible. I will try and get this working again if I can, hopefully it will just be a recreation fro scratch which is simple

• nasaiain changed the title to (FM22) - Custom Nation in Europe Updated for 22.4
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks.  This did help fix an issue I was having.  My created nation database was working fine with the default database, but when I tried to fix some issues in preparation for FM23 I was having issues with Euro Championship qualifying having no teams, that your file has fixed.

The one issue I am now having that I know there is a fix for, but it has been so long since I have done it, is that due to my nation uses C.I.S and yours uses Ireland pre 1922, even after swapping the teams about so my nation is is the World Cup, Euros and Nation League is that Ireland pre 1922 is still showing up as an active  nation.  I need to remember how to change the continent back to nothing.

Edit:  Found an old guide on how to activate continent with the resource archiver.

Edited by thundercracker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...