Which budget do staff wages get taken from?

• Platinum changed the title to Which budget do staff wages get taken from?
2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Yeah, the wage budget is for players.

There is no staff budget. Financial control is kept through the limit on how much you can offer per staff role and also the limit on the number of staff.

Does that mean it doesn’t get added into the club’s accounts?

:eek: 

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

Does that mean it doesn’t get added into the club’s accounts?

:eek: 

The wage budget is just a budget, not a separate pot of money. Any money you spend is deducted from your overall balance. That includes both player and staff wages.

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

No. It just means that it doesn’t come out of your wage budget.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The wage budget is just a budget, not a separate pot of money. Any money you spend is deducted from your overall balance. That includes both player and staff wages.

I see staff wage budget like transfer clauses earnt, not captured. It deserves it's own slot in wages similar to player wages. The same as transfer clauses being added to the transfers out section.

In other words, messy.

5 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

I see staff wage budget like transfer clauses earnt, not captured. It deserves it's own slot in wages similar to player wages. The same as transfer clauses being added to the transfers out section.

In other words, messy.

Staff budgets are just done a different way. For some, it could be messy, I guess. 

Players have an overall wage budget, with restrictions on wage / playing time offered, but not the amount of players.

Staff do not have an overall wage budget, but a limit on wage / staff role and also a limit on the amount of staff you can employ. So even though there isn't a staff wage budget in the same way as the player wage budget, there technically still is a budget. It's just impossible to go over that budget, which makes the budget figure redundant.

The other thing is, if you have 100k left in your wage budget, you can sign 2 players for 50k, or one for 70k and one for 30k,  and so on. Like @HUNT3R says though, staff is determined by available slots. So if your board has a maximum of 3k for a scout, and you sign one on 1k, this doesn’t mean that you can sign another one for 5k.

I do get that it’s not a perfect system, but I think adding in a staff wage budget would make things more messy.