They always refuse to build a new stadium

I am in the year 2030 with brighton, I have won 2 premier leagues and 1 champions (also 2 conference league, 3 carabao cup and 2 FA cup), I think I am a legend in the team, I have a balance in the bank of 500 million and I have verified in the calendar that since 2022 (second year of my career) in all my home games I have 31,800 fans, which is the maximum.

I have never had the option of expanding the stadium but I always had the option of building a new one and always at the beginning and end of the season I asked to build one, and they always answered me the same thing "we believe we can achieve our ambitions without having to go away current home "

Really? We are a top team from England, regular in the Champions League and with a lot of money (with which I no longer know what to do) and we have a stadium of 30k spectators that in number of spectators is in rank 15 in the premier, I'm starting to dislike long term saves because something like this always happens to me, whether with a large or small club I cannot build a new stadium.

I don't know what kind of programming is behind this but it should be simple, if you have money, enough fans and a good reputation (you are a team of champions) you should be able to build a new stadium without restrictions, but well I hope someone enlightens me and explains me in depth and detail how this works.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, xavi2333 said:

I am in the year 2030 with brighton, I have won 2 premier leagues and 1 champions (also 2 conference league, 3 carabao cup and 2 FA cup), I think I am a legend in the team, I have a balance in the bank of 500 million and I have verified in the calendar that since 2022 (second year of my career) in all my home games I have 31,800 fans, which is the maximum.

I have never had the option of expanding the stadium but I always had the option of building a new one and always at the beginning and end of the season I asked to build one, and they always answered me the same thing "we believe we can achieve our ambitions without having to go away current home "

Really? We are a top team from England, regular in the Champions League and with a lot of money (with which I no longer know what to do) and we have a stadium of 30k spectators that in number of spectators is in rank 15 in the premier, I'm starting to dislike long term saves because something like this always happens to me, whether with a large or small club I cannot build a new stadium.

I don't know what kind of programming is behind this but it should be simple, if you have money, enough fans and a good reputation (you are a team of champions) you should be able to build a new stadium without restrictions, but well I hope someone enlightens me and explains me in depth and detail how this works.

Thanks.

You could check in the editor data whether Goodison has room for upgrades, or whether the city council would approve an expansion.
If they dont then maybe its your owners who dont want to move from a historic ground. Everton have already lost one home ground to liverpool, maybe they wanna hang on to this one? 

20 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

You could check in the editor data whether Goodison has room for upgrades, or whether the city council would approve an expansion.
If they dont then maybe its your owners who dont want to move from a historic ground. Everton have already lost one home ground to liverpool, maybe they wanna hang on to this one? 

Everton and Brighton are not the same…

The attribute in the data that impacts it is labelled attendance I think (not to be confused with the actual attendance of matches), and while the OP is selling out every game, if the attribute isn’t significantly higher than the grounds capacity the board won’t see the point in expanding.

2 hours ago, xavi2333 said:

Thanks.

Also Brighton here (2033/34 season right now) with a shedload of trophies and a 1 Billion pound transfer kitty, #1 ranked club in Europe, and they always say no and Tony sold to a consortium many moons ago.

As the one poster above says, the board sees everything being achieved so they are not interested. I did get capacity raised to 32500 back in the mid 2020s and always sellout but that's been it.

It would be cool to see another expansion in the 35k to 40k range, but so far nothing. Apart from what is hardcoded into a club/owner, I always look at away fan totals and assume those would always need to be maxed to show the interest in the club and we don't always take up our whole alotment.

• Administrators

Stadium was built fairly recently (2011) which significantly lowers the chances of a team building a new one for a decent chunk of time. Even in 2030 that's a 19 year old stadium, so probably not one they'd look to bin off. 

Thanks for the answers, I checked the average attendance in the editor and it was 38,000 well above the current stands 31,800, the funny thing is that it says that it can be expanded to 32,500 but it never gave me the option to expand.

I have done a test because I have read a mythical 20-year-old stadium rule to be able to build another, I have changed the year of building the falmer stadium from 2011 to 2000 and then suddenly they see feasible to build a new stadium.

The truth, seems fatal to me that this "rule" is not explained anywhere and that they give you the option to ask to build a stadium and always tell you "no" without explaining the exact reason.

50 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Everton and Brighton are not the same…

True that! :D 

In Brightons case its a case of too new a stadium already, didn't really make sense when I thought we were talking about good ole Everton.

23 minutes ago, xavi2333 said:

The truth, seems fatal to me that this "rule" is not explained anywhere and that they give you the option to ask to build a stadium and always tell you "no" without explaining the exact reason.

True of a bit too much in this game, where you have to go by body language and cryptic responses... unless of course you are discussing play time or someone who wants to leave the club, where it's made quite clear that you are Satan.

It could be a bug. In my test saves...

A lot of AI sides getting promoted to the conference/league football moving to other grounds to comply with league regulations... but never doing renovations to their actual ground or building a new one. Simmed 10 years into the future and Bishop Auckland (L2) are playing at Darlington since moving 6 years previous in 2024.

Tooting and Mitcham (L2) playing at Wimbledon since moving 4 years previous after promotion in 2026.

Queen's Park in Scotland now in the Prem moving to St Mirren ground 2 years previous and no planned renovations to lesser hampden/new ground.

• 2 months later...

Well the Amex hit 25 years old and we got the confirmation of the new build, they found a site and then the wait began... 3 years later, with the 39/40 season just completed as Prem/CL winners, the stadium is set to open at the end of June!

No, no it isn't. I mean 3 years was enough time, to put this wrinkle of 'realism' in is just pointless and only makes things more annoying. I was looking forward to watching the season ticket totals come in and opening it with a friendly against Barca or Juve or whichever club has the most former Brighton players on it. I do wonder if the seasons tickets will go off GGA or the Amex?

1644852801014.thumb.JPEG.583c54c735d8f3557fc566a09187557d.JPEG

Edited by CaptCanuck