No youth intake.

EnigMattic1

Is there anything in the editor that would stop teams from having a youth intake other than no youth recruitment? I have holidayed for a couple of seasons and found that academy teams in the US are not generating any players, whereas a non league team in England will produce around half a dozen newgens with each intake.

Expanding on this a little, it appears that, in the case of Inter Miami, the youth intake players go into the senior side instead of the academy side. As a result, the academy side never generates any players.

Edited by EnigMattic1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/01/2022 at 03:02, nielsoncp said:

I'm going to resurrect this thread quickly. I created a ten tier database for the US, and I'm finding that several teams aren't having youth intakes. Did anyone figure out why this is happening?

Have you checked their youth recruitment rating in Stadium?

Hey EnigMattic and janmagn - thanks both for your input. Janmagn, I did change the settings in stadium, and the teams should be producing youth intakes. EnigMattic, what's confusing is that when the database is still in basic mode and the leagues are active, the game generates a youth intake. When the database is in advanced mode, it doesn't. I don't think I'm the only one that had this issue with a US database, although I've seen two (Zealand/Meade's and one other) that do produce a youth intake. I don't know if it's something to do with MLS being hardcoded for the US, but it'll be interesting to see what turns up. 

Have you checked the "City" and "Local Region" of those clubs?

Im not exactly sure if its that, but changing the region (or the country of the region) will cause the regens to have the nationality of the country you chose (e.g. if you put the region where arsenal is based at into Ireland arsenal will produce Irish players.

Might be worth to look at.

Edited by jn_slevin