[FM22] USA - various league structures (NFL, MLB, 8x4, 6x4, MLS16x2, MLS15x2) - all with MLS rules, Pro/Rel

** Please note - These files are meant for reference only **

I've had numerous request over the years for help and to share files regarding NFL, MLB, NHL and multi conference league structures and MLS Pro/Rel.  I've
uploaded my current files for FM22 as samples to help others with their files.

These files are working and can be playable.  You will most likely want to first touch up the database, team names, kits, stadium names, etc if you do use the files to play.

The Advanced Rules are all complete and working 100% as far as I know.  The DB part would probably be considered incomplete by many.

** Please do not ask me to finish the files or make any modifications.  The are for meant to help others with their files - league structure reference.

I also have very little free time. 

Thank you

MY FILES:

NFL League Structure  (with Promotion/Relegation)

NFL League Structure  (NO Promotion/Relegation)

MLB League Structure  (with Promotion/Relegation)

MLB League Structure  (NO Promotion/Relegation)

(8x4) - 2 leagues with 2 divisions each, 8 teams/division  (with promotion/relegation)  (similar to NHL)

(8x4) - 2 leagues with 2 divisions each, 8 teams/division  (NO promotion/relegation)  (similar to NHL)

- Playoffs:  top 3 teams in each division, 1st place gets a bye

- WC round fixed:  3rd place team will play 2nd place team in the other division

(6x4) - 2 leagues with 2 divisions each, 6 teams/division  (with promotion/relegation)

(6x4) - 2 leagues with 2 divisions each, 6 teams/division  (NO promotion/relegation)

- Playoffs:  1st place teams only, no WCs

(20x1) - Similar to the Premier League - 1 league with 20 team  (with promotion.relegation)

(20x1) - Similar to the Premier League - 1 league with 20 teams  (NO promotion/relegation)

(16x2) - MLS with 32 team  (with promotion/relegation)

(16x2) - MLS with 32 teams  (NO promotion/relegation)

- modified all playoffs games, except MLS Cup - if tied after 90min - higher seeded teams wins

(15x2) - MLS with 30 team  (with promotion/relegation)

(15x2) - MLS with 30 teams  (NO promotion/relegation)

- modified all playoffs games, except MLS Cup - if tied after 90min - higher seeded teams wins

NOTES:

- All files will keep MLS rules (trades, Designated Players spots, TAM, etc, all drafts including the SuperDraft)

- Promotion/Relegation for all files, unless less specified

- If a team is promoted into the league, they will not be elidgible for the Superdraft for 3 years.  Example: Team promoted for the 2022 season, their Superdraft picks will begin with 2025 Superdraft (if they are not relegated out the league before then).  I have not found a work around for this but they will be included in the Superdraft from their 3rd season and on.

Promotion / Relegation Notes:

- There is a league of 2068 Inactive Teams (Rep = 5500 ?) from a USA division named "North American Teams"

- at the end of the MLS season, all 2068 teams from the "North American Teams" play in a Promotional Playoff Cup (listed under "Promotional Playoff stage" in MLS)
- the winner in the Promotional Playoff Final round advanced to the "MLS Pro/Rel Game Relegation Playoff Final stage" to play the last place team in the MLS Supporters Shield
- The last place team in MLS will get Home field.  The North American Team will need to beat the MLS team to be promoted for the following season.
- If tied at the end of 90 min or if the MLS teams wins, then no ProRel for the following season.
- If the North American Team wins the game, they will be promoted into MLS and the MLS team will be relegated to the inactive North American Teams and play in the 2068 Promotion Playoff Cup the following season.

Edited by dim13

Il y a 5 heures, dim13 a dit :

I updated the downloads in my opening post to include files both with and without promotion/relegation for each type of league structure.

Wow ! Just great ! Now, a few tweaks in the database and here we go ! Thanks a lot ! :)  

• 2 months later...

Random question - not really specific to your file, just .. the USA in FM in general

Any idea why American teams generally lack Competition History and Honours? Is it a hardcoding issue because of the MLS and the way it works?

For example, teams only show MLS and MLS Shield wins, no like .. Lamar Hunt Open Cup wins, or CONCACAF Champions League wins

Just always thought it was ,, weird! (and I'm anal so it annoys me lol)

Il 16/11/2021 in 02:04 , dim13 ha scritto:

NOTES:

- All files will keep MLS rules (trades, Designated Players spots, TAM, etc, all drafts including the SuperDraft)

- Promotion/Relegation for all files, unless less specified

- If a team is promoted into the league, they will not be elidgible for the Superdraft for 3 years.  Example: Team promoted for the 2022 season, their Superdraft picks will begin with 2025 Superdraft (if they are not relegated out the league before then).  I have not found a work around for this but they will be included in the Superdraft from their 3rd season and on.

Promotion / Relegation Notes:

- There is a league of 2068 Inactive Teams (Rep = 5500 ?) from a USA division named "North American Teams"

- at the end of the MLS season, all 2068 teams from the "North American Teams" play in a Promotional Playoff Cup (listed under "Promotional Playoff stage" in MLS)
- the winner in the Promotional Playoff Final round advanced to the "MLS Pro/Rel Game Relegation Playoff Final stage" to play the last place team in the MLS Supporters Shield
- The last place team in MLS will get Home field.  The North American Team will need to beat the MLS team to be promoted for the following season.
- If tied at the end of 90 min or if the MLS teams wins, then no ProRel for the following season.
- If the North American Team wins the game, they will be promoted into MLS and the MLS team will be relegated to the inactive North American Teams and play in the 2068 Promotion Playoff Cup the following season.

Very good work mate!!! My compliments!!!

One question: is it possible put a MLS-style league instead of your "North American Teams"? I think to an 32 teams USL Championship with 2 conference and playoff as IRL but the USL Cup winner advanced to the "MLS Pro/Rel Game Relegation Playoff Final stage" to play the last place team in the MLS Supporters Shield with the same rules you set already: according to you, is it possibile?

24 minutes ago, darkfred93 said:

Hello

Thanks for the files, they are great to use.

However there may be a problem with play-off home team.

Apparently it is not always the higher ranked team that play at home. I test with NFL and MLB structure.

Any idea how to fix this ?

There is currently a bug in the pre-game editor.  I've reported this bug and SI has responded in the bug-tracker stating they are aware of this issue. 

Link to the reported bug:

Bug reported - higher-seeded-team-plays-at-home-doesnt-work

I am 100% certain home play-off teams will be correct once this bug is fixed in the editor.  It was working before the last update to the editor, and has always worked in previous versions of FM.

Edited by dim13

2 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

Very good work mate!!! My compliments!!!

One question: is it possible put a MLS-style league instead of your "North American Teams"? I think to an 32 teams USL Championship with 2 conference and playoff as IRL but the USL Cup winner advanced to the "MLS Pro/Rel Game Relegation Playoff Final stage" to play the last place team in the MLS Supporters Shield with the same rules you set already: according to you, is it possibile?

Thank you, very much appreciated !!

Also have MLS rules for Level 2 (USL Championship ) ?  I don't know if that would be possible,

Unfortunately I currently have very little free time and may not be doing any additional work on the files this year.  Also, there is currently a bug in the editor affecting Home/Away teams (see my previous post right before this one).

Edited by dim13

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

What if you set "next division" to MLS for every eligible team? They might get a draft pick immediately on promotion in that case?

Nice suggestion, however I tried this and didn't work.  It looks like teams are allocated draft picks 3 years in advance.  So the team relegated would still have their picks the following 2 years they are no longer in MLS (in place of the promoted team), except the relegated team holding the draft picks wouldn't participate in the draft.

Untitled2.png.727f138bfc5756e8f9dcab1c77f41d89.png

20 ore fa, dim13 ha scritto:

Thank you, very much appreciated !!

Also have MLS rules for Level 2 (USL Championship ) ?  I don't know if that would be possible,

Unfortunately I currently have very little free time and may not be doing any additional work on the files this year.  Also, there is currently a bug in the editor affecting Home/Away teams (see my previous post right before this one).

No, in USL Championship no MLS rules, only "normal" rules + 8x2 Playoff and the USL Cup winner advanced to the "MLS Pro/Rel Game Relegation Playoff Final stage" to play the last place team in the MLS Supporters Shield.

Anyway, ok for the other things you tell ;)