Bracconiere - a Football Manager 2022 Tactic

1 hour ago, Shamikebab said:

I've been using this with Parma to great success. Plays some really attractive football. It did well in Serie B but to be honest we were predicted first so I wasn't sure how it would work in Serie A when we're a small fish but to my shock it's started superbly! Haven't made any changes to the tactic but i have set up a second version of the tactic with less pressing and no counter pressing to try and stop my players dying :lol: First season it was fine with 5 subs but with only 3 my players are really struggling by the 70 min mark so I've switched out to the second tactic to try and save the legs. The only position that isn't really working well for me is the inverted winger, I find they often get 6.4/6.5 averages and don't seem to contribute a lot. I tried playing a CM out there a few times as a wide playmaker and had some success, particularly in bigger matches.

1225963779_SerieB.thumb.png.ac627dc66f8c722afc6169c8589fff13.png

1422410218_SerieA.thumb.png.230f66a3c90631496cf92bbddc7c0b6b.png

fixtures.png.eca85cf1657cacb471fddd851086c65f.png

for a while I struggled with the IW in this as well and I'm wondering if you just have to have the right type of player there (as obvious as that might sound).  Reiss Nelson consistently gets in the 7's for ratings there, Saka is pretty average.  I like the idea of a wide playmaker though, might try that

10 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

for a while I struggled with the IW in this as well and I'm wondering if you just have to have the right type of player there (as obvious as that might sound).  Reiss Nelson consistently gets in the 7's for ratings there, Saka is pretty average.  I like the idea of a wide playmaker though, might try that

The IW is definitely the hardest role to fill effectively. For me last season (2nd season) Son was very effective, but he's 31 now and of course in FM that means he's finished and no one else is performing in that role (Antony and Bergwijn are the 2 I've tried). When I used this tactic with Newcastle for a season, Ryan Fraser was very good, so maybe a more wide playmaker type would be the answer.

1 hour ago, Shamikebab said:

Would you be able to share that? I'd love to try it

17 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

would be interested in having a look at this too!

Here's how the 4-1-3-1-1 looks, useful for very tough away games and also to gain more control in later stages:

https://ibb.co/q9Jc1xs

Here's the SUS tactic, don't use it too early as it will invite pressure, if you go down to 10 men just remove the AMCR

https://ibb.co/bQPJtzm

2 hours ago, edgar555 said:

Here's how the 4-1-3-1-1 looks, useful for very tough away games and also to gain more control in later stages:

https://ibb.co/q9Jc1xs

Here's the SUS tactic, don't use it too early as it will invite pressure, if you go down to 10 men just remove the AMCR

https://ibb.co/bQPJtzm

just used the 4-1-3-1-1 away to Man U and got a 2-0 win :-)

Hello, my english is not very good sorry. I'm trying to make a tactic similar to this tactic. 

What would personal instructions be like if you used mezzela (support) and AMC (support)? No DMC positions. (4-2-3-1) Dribble more, more risky passes or tackle harder etc.

Thank you.

Edited by calimero80

More feedback post patch. Playing like a dream. Still concedes a few more than I’d like but there’s a strong chance my mental keeper is as much to blame as this tactic.  
My main striker, Vlahovic, has just scored 52 in 42 games so there’s no scoring issues with this. Also we score a nice variety of goals, through balls, deep crosses, cut backs, set pieces, it’s got it all. Well done Jamie. 

7 hours ago, edgar555 said:

More feedback post patch. Playing like a dream. Still concedes a few more than I’d like but there’s a strong chance my mental keeper is as much to blame as this tactic.  
My main striker, Vlahovic, has just scored 52 in 42 games so there’s no scoring issues with this. Also we score a nice variety of goals, through balls, deep crosses, cut backs, set pieces, it’s got it all. Well done Jamie. 

Agree it it playing well, although it let me down in the run in to the end of the season.  Was in 1st place and then lost to Sp*rs and Liverpool, just played terribly.  Also, 33 league goals from a 38 year old Ronaldo is a bit over the top! And we conceded loads to Atletico Madrid

2021-12-12.thumb.png.be3e5626c3dc5738ed51793e72e55809.png

2021-12-12 (1).png

17 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

Agree it it playing well, although it let me down in the run in to the end of the season.  Was in 1st place and then lost to Sp*rs and Liverpool, just played terribly.  Also, 33 league goals from a 38 year old Ronaldo is a bit over the top! And we conceded loads to Atletico Madrid

2021-12-12.thumb.png.be3e5626c3dc5738ed51793e72e55809.png

2021-12-12 (1).png

Not gonna lie, you’re Arsenal and can’t write Spurs, so I’m gonna say that’s a really, really unfortunate run in to the end of the season. Commiserations. My team beat Arsenal 6-0 at the Emirates in the run in. COYS

15 hours ago, edgar555 said:

Not gonna lie, you’re Arsenal and can’t write Spurs, so I’m gonna say that’s a really, really unfortunate run in to the end of the season. Commiserations. My team beat Arsenal 6-0 at the Emirates in the run in. COYS

the funny thing is Sp*rs were down to 10 men for most of the second half!

I find with this tactic the most important players are the SS, the Treq and the IW.  If they aren't firing it fizzles out.  I do love when the IW i having a great game, they seem to find interesting pockets of space.

@jtaylor1409are you still using this tactic?  Have you made any tweaks at all depending on opposition?  I do find I get monstered by Liverpool with this.  Going to give it a full season this time but would like to have a couple of tweaks up my sleeve it needed.  @edgar555your 'away' version I have found a bit hit and miss, but like the idea.  I wonder if keeping mentality on positive but retaining the tweaks might work?

1 hour ago, jdubsnz said:

the funny thing is Sp*rs were down to 10 men for most of the second half!

I find with this tactic the most important players are the SS, the Treq and the IW.  If they aren't firing it fizzles out.  I do love when the IW i having a great game, they seem to find interesting pockets of space.

@jtaylor1409are you still using this tactic?  Have you made any tweaks at all depending on opposition?  I do find I get monstered by Liverpool with this.  Going to give it a full season this time but would like to have a couple of tweaks up my sleeve it needed.  @edgar555your 'away' version I have found a bit hit and miss, but like the idea.  I wonder if keeping mentality on positive but retaining the tweaks might work?

My 'away' version could probably do with some work. It does the job mostly when I use it but I haven't spent loads of time on it.

And don't worry about Liverpool, they monster everyone. I've beaten them once in 9 attempts. Luckily it was the title decider though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2022 at 11:43, mjcr3529 said:

Is everyone still having success with this tactic?

I am just about to start a new save with Newcastle and wondered if this still worked on the latest update.

Thanks

The last few posts were after the last ME update so I’d say it’s still working. 

• 2 weeks later...

this tactic is still playing lovely football if anyone is wondering.  Plugged it in to my Real Valladolid save after we got promoted to La Liga. After a poor start with my own tactic, this has given very decent results for a very youthful team.  Ignore the friendly results, were in there because it was a world cup year

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (17).png