FM22 New Transfer Value Ranges: Are you enjoying it? How to understand it?

Are you enjoying the new transfer value in ranges?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to a single value, are you enjoying the new transfer value in ranges?

• Yes, I like it a lot
    • Yes, it's ok.
    • Neutral - Don't care
    • No, I dislike it
    • No, I hate it.

I'm trying to understand how the new transfer values in ranges actually works, compared to single figures in FM21. 

Any guide on how to negotiate with players, agents and clubs in FM22?

I wouldn't go as far as Loki Doki who "hates" it, but I wonder how many people are actually enjoying this new feature. Please answer the poll question.

Also curious as to how SI comes up with such modifications and whether SI tests them with gamers beforehand through market research...

Thoughts?...

Edited by phd_angel

• phd_angel changed the title to FM22 New Transfer Value Ranges: Are you enjoying it? How to understand it?

Its ok i guess, not a terrible thing. Have more issues with teams low balling me outside the price range more than anything :lol:

Overall though, the transfer prices are much more accurate and fair than previous versions. And i love the fact that AI teams will ask for a loan deal with a mandatory future fee afterwards. Helps clear out the deadwood quicker

Instead of seeing them as transfer values (how much you think you need to pay) I'd look at them more like Market value. There are websites IRL that shows players market value however, that doesn't mean that a team can't ask for way more or way less than the transfer value that's why older played and players running out of contract have a lower market value

Edited by DarJ

I've always treated the transfer values in the game as a really basic guide of a player's worth to a team. Gives you at least a starting point. Don't really pay that much attention to them otherwise. I do prefer how they've displayed it this year, however. 

9 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Instead of seeing them as transfer values (how much you think you need to pay) I'd look at them more like Market value. There are websites IRL that shows players market value however, that doesn't mean that a team can't ask for way more or way less than the transfer value that's why older played and players running out of contract have a lower market value

Agree with this. A player's value to me as the manager may be different to the market value. He might be vital to my team thus i want more than his "market value", or sat on the bench on big wages, thus I want less to get him off the wage bill.  I have, in my life, paid upwards of £10 for a donner kebab when drunk. The more I drink, the more the value of the kebab increases. The market value of said kebab is probably £1.50-£3.00, however :D

In my opinion, the further we can move away from "absolutes", the less gamey things become, which means more realism imo.

8 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Knowing that a player is worth between 800k and 10M doesn't bring much to me

It shouldn't, though you at least know it shouldn't cost more than 10m, but you can reduce the range by talking to the agent etc.

22 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It shouldn't, though you at least know it shouldn't cost more than 10m, but you can reduce the range by talking to the agent etc.

Never said it should. But it means I don't give a s about it. Might as well take it off the game in that case instead of marketing it as a top 3 new features on this game

I like how it works for AI teams, but I'm not entirely sure how it is supposed to work for my own players. Example:

7da9ff0285cf6368b9d1e60c564c6159.png

Diogo Queirós is my main centeral defender and still has 2 years on his contract.

His attributes suggest that he is capable of playing top / sub-top in most European leagues and has done well for me in the past season.

59117b9268f2acda7b0eac4ef35151df.png

Personally I would value him at around €15 million, yet the game values him between €2.2 - 3.6m.

The dude is generating a lot of interest from various top league teams, including AS Roma, Benfica and a range of EPL/La Liga and Bundesliga teams:

3cb43f0369cb1b831b01a8e032551f89.png

Yet at a €4.7m asking price his agent is already suggesting it to be on the high side. What gives?

I'm now constantly receiving bids of around €2 - 3m which I'm rejecting obviously but he is starting to get unsettled which to me is completely unfair.

Edited by diLLa88

I mean everything is subjective I guess. 

Why do you value him at €15 million? Just because you like him and that's what you'd want for him? In reality, he's being paid €2.6k a week (which is very low) - with a two year contract that's about €270k - and is playing in the Portuguese league which is less reputable than other leagues. 

Also, I'm sure you can get more than his transfer value if you negotiate with them, their first offers are always going to be on the low side, which is why you negotiate higher. 

20 minutes ago, SoSolidSnake said:

I mean everything is subjective I guess. 

Why do you value him at €15 million? Just because you like him and that's what you'd want for him? In reality, he's being paid €2.6k a week (which is very low) - with a two year contract that's about €270k - and is playing in the Portuguese league which is less reputable than other leagues. 

Also, I'm sure you can get more than his transfer value if you negotiate with them, their first offers are always going to be on the low side, which is why you negotiate higher. 

I value him at roughly €15m based on his ability, age, performance in the league, overall attributes and interest from the market. Furthermore he performed well in the Champions League this season having played in all 6 group stage matches.

Negotiation is pointless as it levels out at around €4.5 - 5m, in line with the agent's feedback. The clubs refuse to go any higher than that. I would also like to mention that this happens not just with this example, but I have various players in the team where similar low offers are being made.

To counterpoint your feedback with regards to the low wage, please explain the following player's value then who I just signed for €90k. The only explanation I would have is that he has an extreme PA which is somehow reflected in the guide value. Does seem kinda extreme to me though:

c2700c92045a216573c0310c5348b043.png

I will offer a new 5-year contract with higher wages to Queiros and see what happens and check whether your explanation is true.

Edited by diLLa88

3 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

I like how it works for AI teams, but I'm not entirely sure how it is supposed to work for my own players. Example:

Diogo Queirós is my main centeral defender and still has 2 years on his contract.

His attributes suggest that he is capable of playing top / sub-top in most European leagues and has done well for me in the past season.

Personally I would value him at around €15 million, yet the game values him between €2.2 - 3.6m.

The dude is generating a lot of interest from various top league teams, including AS Roma, Benfica and a range of EPL/La Liga and Bundesliga teams:

Yet at a €4.7m asking price his agent is already suggesting it to be on the high side. What gives?

I'm now constantly receiving bids of around €2 - 3m which I'm rejecting obviously but he is starting to get unsettled which to me is completely unfair.

You can technically set his value to whatever you want but the player and agent will let you know if it’s too high or low. You can listen or ignore them…

Your guy is market valued at 2.2 - 3.8m, In this case, what I usually do is start from the value that the agent says it’s too high until he agrees. Let’s that the agent agrees at 4.0m. Once I set his value, I never get low ball offers. I may get slightly less but the only way you are going to get a largely low ball offer is if you offer to clubs and haven’t specified the minimum sell percentage that is listed in your staff settings. I usually set this to 100% so teams will know I am not asking for less than 4m when I offer this specific player out. 

Also his market value is 2-3 mil so it makes since that the AI is offering that. The AI shouldn't automatically give you what you want, that takes negotiation out of the equation. 

13 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You can technically set his value to whatever you want but the player and agent will let you know if it’s too high or low. You can listen or ignore them…

Your guy is market valued at 2.2 - 3.8m, In this case, what I usually do is start from the value that the agent says it’s too high until he agrees. Let’s that the agent agrees at 4.0m. Once I set his value, I never get low ball offers. I may get slightly less but the only way you are going to get a largely low ball offer is if you offer to clubs and haven’t specified the minimum sell percentage that is listed in your staff settings. I usually set this to 100% so teams will know I am not asking for less than 4m when I offer this specific player out. 

Also his market value is 2-3 mil so it makes since that the AI is offering that. The AI shouldn't automatically give you what you want, that takes negotiation out of the equation. 

Yes, but what determines that he should be around 2-3m worth is what I'm not getting as both the clubs offering and the agent believe that that's a fair range. Especially when looking at other players at the club I can't quite figure out what drives a high or low market value.

I would assume it must be reputation then? But that doesn't explain why he is so low compared to some other players in my team who should have a much lower reputation.

22 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Yes, but what determines that he should be around 2-3m worth is what I'm not getting as both the clubs offering and the agent believe that that's a fair range. Especially when looking at other players at the club I can't quite figure out what drives a high or low market value.

I would assume it must be reputation then? But that doesn't explain why he is so low compared to some other players in my team who should have a much lower reputation.

There isn’t an official guide but from my experience so far,  it’s been form, apps, maybe rep and definitely contract and age.

19 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Also curious as to how SI comes up with such modifications and whether SI tests them with gamers beforehand through market research...

Thanks all for your thoughts in how you see the new value feature. It helps me understand how to use it better...

Now, I'm still curious as to how SI comes up with such new features. Is it Miles waking up one morning and saying "fiat lux", or, is it some sort of team decision making based on consumer research data testing desirability and feasibility?...

9 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

For just interesting research you could try to make off save to retire and add other manager for higher club and try to bid on him. Just wonder would the accept that kind of offer or not.

Also what skin you are using? :)

When you click accept; you give data (what are you doing inside the game). That data is being used by SI to make adjustments. It’s telling to SI how the users play the game. So, for FM22 there is something new in transfer market value vs player value in old versions. 

Its ok but odd for me....

I bid within the value and 9/10 times the AI demand way more.

Shame the other way round isn't a thing..... my player value range is never bided! example:

Player value range 100k-130k.. the ai will only bid max 20k?

• 5 months later...

I find it ok when buying or bidding on players but as someone noted above it's almost worthless for my own players.  The game gives all my players a range.  Example I have a left back with a value of $61M.  But offers cap out at 25-30M and a 100% cancellation of negotiations if I push beyond that.  I sold a player for "near value" of $146M and immediately upon joining his new club his value was over $200M (both teams in the Premier League).  Also I continue to get bully pricing on English players needing to go near double their valuation to buy but bids from other English teams on my English players are always lowballed with no chance to negotiate up.

• 5 months later...

Either way, the game still cheats you on value. You only need to compare your players to players of other teams with similar ability, age, contract length, to see the game is cheating. And a player worth 50 million gets upset, after signing a contract with a release clause, when some average team offers 10m for them and its rejected. Its a pretty cheap way to add challenge to the game.