CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.60 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: rx570 4gb

Storage Type: SSD

Benchmark A: 01 min 23 Sec

Benchmark B: 07 min 17 Sec

Benchmark C: 18 min 40 Sec

Finally did the tests before switching to 5900x (pulled the trigger and found used one for 380 euro).

Few observations and conclusions:

- I was resetting the cmos battery few weeks back and all manual cpu/ram settings I did were reverted to default ones (ram was 3200mhz cl16, cpu wasn't overclocked but set as stable 3.7 as far as I remember)

- CPU is without thermal paste probably and with stock cooler which is crap (idle tempratures are way too high, and I've experienced pc resetting with demanding databases (like regional ones with 40-50 divisions run at once)

- cooling inside the case (phanteks p400a) is more than decent, once a month all the fans and inside is cleaned

- c benchmark probably is/could be a bit faster because at the end of the test the screen went black, I thought the game crashed but it was screen saver and game was frozen for around minute (hard to tell if the freeze was the game holidaying in background or not)

- all graphics are loaded, 2560 x 1080 resolution with custom skin

I plan to do tests on 5900x (which will be paired with semi-decent cooler), and do undervolting and do it again to see if leaving clocks but changing voltage will speed up the game a little bit (or at least not slow it down).

On 15/02/2022 at 17:35, WanderingThumbs said:

Type: Desktop

Model: Custom

CPU Model: i7 - 12700k

CPU Base Frequency: 3.60 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.00 GHz

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: SSD

Benchmark A: 42 Sec

Benchmark B: 03 min 28 Sec

Benchmark C: 06 min 33 Sec

Benchmark D: 19 min 01 Sec

How much did you spend in the setup?

Type: PC

Model: custom

CPU Model: ryzen 5900x

CPU Frequency: 3.70 GHz (turbo 4.8)

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: rx570 4gb

Benchmark A: 50 Sec

Benchmark B: 4 min 16 Sec

Benchmark C: 7 min 28 Sec

fresh clean 5900x

Just done an upgrade to motherboard and CPU, revised results below

Type: Desktop

CPU Model: Intel i9 12900k

CPU Base Frequency: 3.2GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 5.2GHz

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

RAM Clockspeed: 3600MHz

GPU: Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8gb

Graphics Level in 3D: Very high

Storage Type: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500GB

Benchmark A: 40 seconds

Benchmark B: 3 minutes 26 seconds

Benchmark C: 5 minutes 54 seconds

Benchmark D: 16 minutes 45 seconds

Edited by gothenburg83
Updated times after clean windows install and new RAM

I see different results on 5900x, probably due to ram frequency (I did my tests on default 2400hz). I've loaded basic xmp profile (3000/cl15), will do the tests and then overclock to 3600 cl16 (bless edie crucial ballistix).

Then I'll go with undervolt to see if stable clocks will be any different than normal profile + turbo.

And if I will be bored, maybe do tests without graphics loaded to see if it makes any difference to speed (apart from loading player/club profiles of course).

CPU Model: Intel i7 12700k

CPU Base Frequency: P-cores 3.6GHz, E-cores 2.7Ghz

CPU Turbo Frequency: P-cores: all core OC to 4.9Ghz, 4 cores to 5Ghz, 2 cores to 5,2Ghz. E-cores: all cores to 3.9Ghz

RAM: G-Skill DDR5-6000 CL36 32G

RAM Clockspeed: 6000MHz

GPU: Intel IGP UHD770

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Storage Type: SSD (WD SN850 2TB)

Benchmark A: 45 seconds

Benchmark B: 3 minutes 35 seconds

Benchmark C: 6 minutes 14 seconds

Benchmark D: 17 minutes 33 seconds

I was very much suprised that a modest (manual) overclock on aircooling would bring my PC so close to the 12900Ks. 

Edited by Afwezig

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on getting a new PC. I was thinking about difference between R7 and R9 but from what I see here there is very little difference when it comes to processing time or am I missing something? Also 16GB ram vs 32GB seems like making no difference at all.

Any suggestions what should I focus on in terms of FM performance (from the hardware perspective)?

6 minutes ago, Orion_ said:

I'm planning on getting a new PC. I was thinking about difference between R7 and R9 but from what I see here there is very little difference when it comes to processing time or am I missing something? Also 16GB ram vs 32GB seems like making no difference at all.

Any suggestions what should I focus on in terms of FM performance (from the hardware perspective)?

You should ask in here:

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

You should ask in here:

Ok thanks. Forgot that mentioned thread exists. Anyway I thought that maybe you have any particular advice for cpu/gpu since this is a topic strictly about game performance. From what I've read here so far I assume that most semi-decent+ PC setups will bring very little difference for my gameplay performance (very little playable leagues or even just one country).

1 hour ago, Orion_ said:

What setup do you have just now?

I upgraded my motherboard (Z370 to Z690) and CPU (i7 8086k to i9 12900k) and I am seeing significant speed improvements. Haven't changed anything else. 

1 hour ago, gothenburg83 said:

I upgraded my motherboard (Z370 to Z690) and CPU (i7 8086k to i9 12900k) and I am seeing significant speed improvements. Haven't changed anything else. 

Going from an 8th gen i7 to a 12th gen i9 is a significant upgrade.

10 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Going from an 8th gen i7 to a 12th gen i9 is a significant upgrade.

Yeah it looks like 11th gen to 12th gen is the largest leap from Intel for a long time.  No doubt fuelled by AMD's excellent recent offerings.

13 hours ago, Orion_ said:

Purely from an FM perspective Ram seems to make very little difference.  Your money is better spent on the processor.  If it was me that would be my primary focus.  The latest R7 & i7's seem to be the sweet spot for FM in terms of performance vs cost

Edited by Brother Ben

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Yeah it looks like 11th gen to 12th gen is the largest leap from Intel for a long time.  No doubt fuelled by AMD's excellent recent offerings.

Purely from an FM perspective Ram seems to make very little difference.  Your money is better spent on the processor.  If it was me that would be my primary focus.  The latest R7 & i7's seem to be the sweet spot for FM in terms of performance vs cost

In terms of RAM, once you're at 8GB or more the amount won't matter for FM (in fact, even 4GB is OK if you're not running stuff in the background, although I'd still recommend against going below 8GB if at all possible).

What will make a difference is the speed of the RAM and whether it is in single or dual channel mode.  Ideally, you'll want the fastest RAM your motherboard and CPU will support and dual channel mode, ie, 2 sticks of RAM rather than 1 (although as I understand it, dual channel is more of a difference maker when paired with AMD processors than it is with Intel, but I could be wrong on that).

Edited by kevhamster

Model: Custom

CPU Model: i7 - 12700kf

CPU Frequency:  All cores @ 5.0 GHz (OC)

RAM: 32GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3600Mhz DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR 10G

Graphics Level in 3D: Very High

Storage Type: NVMe M.2 SSD

Benchmark A: 42 sec

Benchmark B: 03 min 26 sec

Benchmark C: 06 min 14 sec

Edited by Nacaw

18 hours ago, gothenburg83 said:

Well I have quite old PC (like 5 years) so it's just not compatible with newer hardware. For example I still have DDR3 RAM and my motherboard is not supporting DDR4. I don't have any major issues with FM, or at least I don't have comparison how fast it could run, so it's more like 'it's time to make a change in general' than any specific reason.

Just for answering your question anyway I have i5-4xxx / 8GB DDR3 RAM / AMD R9 2xx 3GB. I was planning to put GPU from old pc into new because I don't need an upgrade in that area and for sure I'm not planning to buy GPU that costs more than the rest of the PC combined. And from what I've seen any modern Ryzen like for example said R7 is like literally multiple times better in benchmarks than my current CPU so I hope it would visibly improve match day performance.

Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo ideapad 5 Pro, 16"

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H

CPU Base Frequency: 3.30 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.20 GHz

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3200Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon Graphics

Graphics Level in 3D: Low

Benchmark A: 01 min 12 Sec

Benchmark B: 06 min 18 Sec

Benchmark C: 13 min 14 Sec

Quite happy with the results as it is a somewhat cheap laptop, Really feel that Ryzen CPUs gives good value for the money.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Jarasso said:

AVX 512 Enabled? Couild it help, to make Benchmark D faster? What do You think? Any conclusions? 🤔

No, the game isn't compiled with AVX-512 instructions as that would massively limit out customer base!

Model: Self build

CPU Model: Intel Core i5-4690K (Q2'2014)

CPU Base Frequency:  3.50GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.90 GHz

RAM: 16GB

RAM Clockspeed: 1600 Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Storage Type: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)

Benchmark A: 01min 30 Sec

Benchmark B: 07 min 27 Sec

Benchmark C: 29 min 45 Sec

Benchmark D: xx min xx Sec

• 2 weeks later...

CPU Model: 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400

CPU Base Frequency:  2.50 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.40 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 4800MHz

Benchmark A: 0 min 54 Sec

Benchmark B: 04 min 20 Sec

3 hours ago, Jarasso said:
What do you think? Is a Tesla K20x accelerator connected to the motherboard able to significantly support and speed up data processing in Benchmark D?

Great question and to be honest without doing a little more research i'm not at all sure

On 21/03/2022 at 17:48, zaur0n^ said:

CPU Model: 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400

CPU Base Frequency:  2.50 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 4800MHz

Benchmark A: 0 min 54 Sec

Benchmark B: 04 min 20 Sec

12th Gen Intel are the ones with P cores and E cores right?

On 24/03/2022 at 11:19, DarJ said:

12th Gen Intel are the ones with P cores and E cores right?

Apart from the E-Cores and P-Cores are only on the i5 12600k they are not on the i5 12400, the i5 12400 only have P-Cores witch is 6 cores and 12 threads, and the i5 12600k as 6 P-Cores and 12 threads and 4 E-Cores so that works out 10 cores and 16 threads 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

does anyone know how much is the performance difference between intel 12th gen for desktop and intel 12th gen mobile? I'm considering upgrading my laptop and I'm not sure if I want to spend a bit less and go for 11th gen or just go for 12th gen since they seem to be a bit expensive at the moment 

Not sure really but the 12th gen desktop are a big leap from the 11th

A little look at a few youtube videos suggest that they are indeed a fair bit faster.  How this translates to FM though is unclear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmK0NGAvaUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXNMQCPv30

Here's some benchmarks for single threaded workloads which in most use cases for FM is what matters most

2.png

Edited by Brother Ben

26 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Not sure really but the 12th gen desktop are a big leap from the 11th

A little look at a few youtube videos suggest that they are indeed a fair bit faster.  How this translates to FM though is unclear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmK0NGAvaUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXNMQCPv30

Here's some benchmarks for single threaded workloads which in most use cases for FM is what matters most

2.png

Thanks. I will probably wait a bit and see if the prices of 12th gen come down and if they don't I'll just get it anyway. I'll be able to use it for the next 5 years minimum 

18 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Spreadsheet Updated

Big thanks again to all. 

We are however a little behind where we were for FM21 so tell your friends, tweet about it etc and lets see if we can get some more results on the chart!

I look forward to testing such processors as:

AMD 7 5800x3d 

Intel i9 129000 KS 

The Best model from AMD 7000 series

The Best model from Intel Raptor Lake

..... Oh, let the future Come faster!!! 👹

2 hours ago, Jarasso said:
I look forward to testing such processors as:

AMD 7 5800x3d 

Intel i9 129000 KS 

The Best model from AMD 7000 series

The Best model from Intel Raptor Lake

..... Oh, let the future Come faster!!! 👹

Tell you what you buy them and i'll put them on the spreadsheet.  Deal?   :D ;)

Model: Self build

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

CPU Base Frequency: 3.40 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.90 GHz

GPU: Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt

Storage Type: SSD 1TB NVMe

Benchmark A: 01 min 28 Secs

Benchmark B: 07 min 21 Sec

Benchmark C: 15 min 08 Sec

Updated build with a Ryzen 5 5600 ( non X ) without any overclocking:

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600

CPU Base Frequency: 3.50 GHz

GPU: Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt

Storage Type: SSD 1TB NVMe

Benchmark A: 00 min 52 Secs

Benchmark B: 04 min 27 Sec

Benchmark C: 10 min 20 Sec

Type: Laptop

Model: Asus TUF gaming F15 (2022)

CPU Model: Intel i7 12700H

CPU Base Frequency P-cores: 2.3Ghz

CPU Base Frequency E-cores: 1.7Ghz

CPU Turbo Frequency P-cores: 4.7Ghz

CPU Turbo Frequency E-cores: 3.5Ghz

RAM clock speed: 4800Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

Graphic Level in 3D: High

Benchmark A: 0 min 52 sec

Benchmark B; 4 min 23 sec

Benchmark C: 8 min 20 sec

Benchmark D: 24 min 8 sec

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2022 at 03:31, shortshifted78 said:

Model: DIY HTPC

CPU Model: Ryzen 7 5700G on ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard

CPU Base Frequency: Long story, but I am undervolting/underclocking so base is 3.7 GHz instead of 3.8GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: PBO is tweaked as well and 4.7 GHz is possible, but afterburner is telling me it is peaking at 4.65 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3733Mhz

GPU: Ryzen 7 5700G overclocked to 2.25 GHz

Graphics Level in 3D: still tweaking; but medium should work using high settings

Storage Type: SSD; save game is on a WD green SATA SSD and FM22 is on WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Benchmark A: 01 min 07 Sec average under balanced power plan, it was 1min 47 sec under power saver  

Benchmark B: 05 min 16 Sec average

Benchmark C: 09 min 58 Sec

Benchmark D: *28 min 50 Sec

Benchmarks A&B really kept working on 2 of my cores and my temps were stable in the 55C range for both sets of tests. When I went to benchmark C that is when all the cores kicked in, particularly on Wednesday & Saturday, and my temps jumped to 83C. Room temp was around 64F (17-18C)

*Benchmark D note: The game made it to Saturday by the 11:01 mark, but by about the 15:15 mark the temps hit my thermal limit of 87C and so the CPU backed off to running just 2 cores while the other 6 went to the base clock for about a minute; temps dropped about 20 degrees. By about 16:20 all the cores were active again and temps were climbing. Temps climbed to about 85C twice more before Saturday ended at the 23:45 mark. 

I wanted to give an update since I just used the new ryzen master to run the auto curve optimizer per core. Thermal limit is also set to 88C now

Benchmark A: 01 min 04 Sec   (about 3 sec faster)

Benchmark B: 05 min 13 Sec average (about 3 sec faster)

Benchmark C: 09 min 32 Sec (about 26 sec faster but temps did hit 86C near the end)

Benchmark D: 27 min 48 sec* (about 62 sec faster)

new Benchmark D note: Saturday started around 10:34 mark, which was about 26 sec ahead of the old number. By the 14:24 mark, my temps were at the thermal limit and even exceeded shortly after to go to 89C. I was seriously considering aborting the run if it were going to hit 91C, but it never went over 89. My CPU never backed off like it did on the first run, and instead the temp would drop to about 82C and slowly start to rise again. Saturday ended around the 22:58 mark.  I will say that my CPU temps were >80C for more than 98% of this run

Edited by shortshifted78
update on video settings to include bench D

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't seen this processor here yet...

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.50 GHz

GPU: Nitro+ Rx580 8GB

Storage Type: m.2 SSD 500MB NVMe

Benchmark A: 00 min 52 Sec

Benchmark B: 04 min 12 Sec

Benchmark C: 08 min 22 Sec

Edited by waitaminute_

9 hours ago, waitaminute_ said:

Haven't seen this processor here yet...

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.50 GHz

GPU: Nitro+ Rx580 8GB

Storage Type: m.2 SSD 500MB NVMe

Benchmark A: 00 min 52 Sec

Benchmark B: 04 min 12 Sec

Benchmark C: 08 min 22 Sec

Superb!  

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Superb!  

...that the user shared his testresults, yes. The results itself: not really, no.

The 5800X3D seems way slower than the 12700k; not very suprising, still disappointing.

Spreadsheet Updated. - (Screenshots coming soon)

Might have to look at how I format it for FM23 with the addition of things like efficiency cores etc

Also may drop the inclusion of Hard Drive type all together as they really don't affect FM outside of save and load speeds.

59 systems tested so far so we are two thirds of the way to last years total

Edited by Brother Ben

On 17/05/2022 at 12:07, jusinho9 said:

...that the user shared his testresults, yes. The results itself: not really, no.

The 5800X3D seems way slower than the 12700k; not very suprising, still disappointing.

and it's slower than 5900x (especially in 3rd test), and considering the similar price (or even higher price in many countries), not really worth going for if the main game is fm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2021 at 13:08, jckc221013jamie said:

CPU Model: Intel Core i7 9700K

CPU Base Frequency: 3.60 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.8ghz all core

RAM: 16GB DDR4

RAM Clock speed: 3200Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

Storage Type: SSD (Adata sx8200 1tb NVMe M.2)

Windows 11 21H2 

Benchmark A: 01 min 05 Sec @ 4.8ghz. and  A 59 secs @ 5ghz. So really no point having at 5ghz just for an extra 5 seconds 

Benchmark B: 05 min 25 Sec

Benchmark C: 11 min 25 Sec

I have got an i7 11700k to do just got to install FM22 on that system

CPU Model: Intel Core i5 12600k, 10 cores, 16 threads. 6 Performance cores and 12 threads with 4 E-cores

CPU Base Frequency Performance cores: 3.70 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency Performance cores: 4.9ghz Boost, with stock clocks. 

E-Cores Base Frequency: 2.8ghz

E-Cores Boost clocks: 3.6ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR4

RAM Clock speed: 3200Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

Storage Type: SSD (Adata sx8200 1tb NVMe M.2)

Windows 11 21H2 

Benchmark A: 42 secs

Benchmark B: 3.25 secs

Benchmark C: 7.27 secs

All I changed was motherboard and CPU from an i7 9700k. I'm quite pleased with them results 

Edited by jckc221013jamie

Model: Lenovo Yoga C940

CPU Model: i7-1065G7

CPU Base Frequency: 1.30 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.80 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3733Mhz

GPU: Intel Iris Plus

Graphics Level in 3D: High

Benchmark A: 01 min 36 Sec

Benchmark B: 07 min 42 Sec

Benchmark C: 28 min 43 Sec

And now for the desktop! If only it wasn't so much more convenient to play on the laptop.

Model: Home Built

CPU Model: i5-8400

CPU Base Frequency: 2.80 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.00 GHz

RAM Clockspeed: 3000Mhz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070

Benchmark A: 01 min 16 Sec

Benchmark B: 06 min 03 Sec

Benchmark C: 16 min 55 Sec

• 3 weeks later...

Model: Lenovo IdeaPad L340

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U

CPU Base Frequency: 2.10 GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.70 GHz

RAM: 20GB

RAM Clockspeed: 2400Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 (Picasso) [Lenovo]

Graphics Level in 3D: Very Low

Benchmark A: 02 min 10 Sec

Benchmark B: 10 min 09 Sec

Benchmark C: xx min xx Sec

Benchmark D: xx min xx Sec

I want to mention that I used "AMD APU Tuning Utility" to increase the maximum power that the CPU can use (from factory default of 15W to maximum of 35W).

The maximum power used during testing is 26,687W.

Capture.PNG.09e2afb614ca8f72495372a40b7dd4c2.PNG

I would also add that I added more RAM and a faster NVMe SSD to the laptop.

Edited by comerssila

Couldnt find my CPU on the spreadsheet

Type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo Legion 5P - 15IMHO5H

CPU Model: i5 10300H

CPU Base Frequency: 2.5GHz

CPU Turbo Frequency: 4.5GHz

RAM: 8GB

RAM Clockspeed: 3000Mhz DDR3

GPU: RTX 2060