[FM22] Canadian Megapatch (w/ proper 2024 CCL format)

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

You're a legend mate. The work you put in on this and in palk's USA expansion is appreciated. And of course, thanks to @yellowsweatygorillafor the base file in the first place.

If I add the extra 2 teams in MMSL, that will increase the number of games won't it? 

If you add the two teams… u just gotta go into advanced rules under that league change it from 8 to 10 and then go to I think registered teams under Canada and change it from 18 to. 20

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

If you add the two teams… u just gotta go into advanced rules under that league change it from 8 to 10 and then go to I think registered teams under Canada and change it from 18 to. 20

Yeah, I sorted it. Can't believe you updated the rosters too. The fact Ottawa cut 13 players was surprising. I always thought Coupland was gonna be something decent. 

2 hours ago, dino88 said:

thanks, so i delete it? also, how do i add players to usport teams?

No you still use that file with the file I added above you use both files…. That other file adds other stuff to Canada side… whe. U start your save make sure you click on add players to playable leagues..

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, I sorted it. Can't believe you updated the rosters too. The fact Ottawa cut 13 players was surprising. I always thought Coupland was gonna be something decent. 

Also checked Wiki and the League1 BC teams if the coaches were in fm22 database i added them to the teams... which is why some of the CIS stuff that Yellow put in the game are in the league1 BC league

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Also checked Wiki and the League1 BC teams if the coaches were in fm22 database i added them to the teams... which is why some of the CIS stuff that Yellow put in the game are in the league1 BC league

Did you bother with the L1BC expansion team? 

Actually, ignore that. They don't appear to be listed as an expansion side anymore. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

25 minutes ago, jesper.stam said:

What is the difference between the ccl format in this patch and in the regular game?

When this file was released, the base game didn't use the correct format. I'm not sure if that was corrected in one of the patches. 

3 hours ago, jesper.stam said:

What is the difference between the ccl format in this patch and in the regular game?

CONCACAF League/Champions League/Leagues Cup
-Correct CONCACAF League qualifications from CanPL
-Latest announced format for CCL 2024 and onwards (27 team knockout tournament)
-Single leg final is played in a neutral venue as I am unable to set home stadium based on team's performance
-Canadian MLS teams can now qualify through being conference finalists, top 3 in supporters' shield, and leagues cup
-Voyageurs Cup winner now properly qualifies for CCL
-Correct CanPL teams qualify for CCL
-2023 Leagues Cup and onwards now features all MLS/LigaMX clubs as announced

these are the changes..

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2022 at 06:16, EnigMattic1 said:

@yellowsweatygorillagiven the current situation, what changes would you make to Edmonton in the editor in order to reflect their current predicament? I'm hearing need for a total roster rebuild.

I've already removed their academy (will be in the next version). Since I also work on the official database, I don't like to do redundant work so there won't likely be roster changes until the winter update. It'd definitely be an interesting playthrough with half the squad loaned to them.

In other news, I have the 2024 League1 Ontario format (w/ pro/rel) and L1O League Cup ready.

4 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I've already removed their academy (will be in the next version). Since I also work on the official database, I don't like to do redundant work so there won't likely be roster changes until the winter update. It'd definitely be an interesting playthrough with half the squad loaned to them.

In other news, I have the 2024 League1 Ontario format (w/ pro/rel) and L1O League Cup ready.

How would ownership be set up in-game? Aren't they league owned at the moment? 

On a side note, do you know if there are any plans to add the U-Sports players that were drafted like Coore and Lyn? 

Edited by EnigMattic1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you're already doing this, but you could guarantee the L1BC final to always be on BC Day (first Monday in August) by setting 7 different "dates" for the final, August 1 through 7, with the box checked for "only use if" and set to Monday (or if its the Sunday of the long weekend, July 31 through August 6 and set to Sunday).

I've used this to have games on specific holidays like Labour Day, can make for odd scheduling though so it's hard to accommodate with other stuff like Voyageurs Cup wanting to put a game on the Tuesday

On 19/02/2022 at 20:38, themodelcitizen said:

Not sure if you're already doing this, but you could guarantee the L1BC final to always be on BC Day (first Monday in August) by setting 7 different "dates" for the final, August 1 through 7, with the box checked for "only use if" and set to Monday (or if its the Sunday of the long weekend, July 31 through August 6 and set to Sunday).

I've used this to have games on specific holidays like Labour Day, can make for odd scheduling though so it's hard to accommodate with other stuff like Voyageurs Cup wanting to put a game on the Tuesday

I think I am going to have it set to Sunday on the week of BC Day.

7 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Will be releasing the update very soon. Some pretty significant lower league additions too.

I'm not 100%, but I think there may be duplicates of Piepgrass and Castello (Forge) after the update. Piepgrass is at Calgary Foothills and Castello is at Sigma. Although, both Castello's have a different DoB compared to what the Internet says for him. 

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm not 100%, but I think there may be duplicates of Piepgrass and Castello (Forge) after the update. Piepgrass is at Calgary Foothills and Castello is at Sigma. Although, both Castello's have a different DoB compared to what the Internet says for him. 

Yea, there's a whole bunch of duplicates due to changes with the winter update.

1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Yea, there's a whole bunch of duplicates due to changes with the winter update.

And now Barrie have pulled out of League1 Ontario too. Are you going to be adding Windsor/Sussex as an expansion side to the CPL? 

Happy to announce that the Canadian Megapatch - Winter Update is ready!

This update makes the patch compatible with the FM 22 Winter Update, in addition to:
-Updated CanPL rosters
-L1O Premiership/Championship pro/rel format introduced in 2024
-League1 British Columbia

Unfortunately, AMSL has been removed due to a bug that messed up the team composition of L1O. I also made this decision given the shuttering of FCE's academy and the lack of news re: that league for the past two years.

http://yellowsweatygorilla.com/2021/11/13/canadian-megapatch-2022/

image.png.e019a965cab4eb91e152a83c4b171065.png

image.png.7552eaadf572ada47ba644b7e39747f7.png

image.png.cb5f6a45fccc7db76166e6576e700f46.png

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

And now Barrie have pulled out of League1 Ontario too. Are you going to be adding Windsor/Sussex as an expansion side to the CPL? 

The interesting thing is that 1812 Barrie FC has actually been granted permission to play in the next two seasons in anticipation of L2 Ontario. So, the team remains until 2023 in my file.

7 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

The interesting thing is that 1812 Barrie FC has actually been granted permission to play in the next two seasons in anticipation of L2 Ontario. So, the team remains until 2023 in my file.

I thought they had already been replaced and had sold their license? 

Couple of minor issues I have noticed with the new file. L1O has 2x Electric City and PLSQ has 2x CS Saint-Laurent. Unless, of course, I've downloaded the wrong file?

Make sure you have not selected both the old file and new file. The new file does not overwrite since I wanted to keep it there in case people wanted to play without the Winter Update.

19 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Make sure you have not selected both the old file and new file. The new file does not overwrite since I wanted to keep it there in case people wanted to play without the Winter Update.

I downloaded the wrong file. One thing that frustrates me about this latest update (and I don't mean this in a bad way) is that I am a Valour guy, but with the current state Edmonton are in, I REALLY want to try an Edmonton save. You have done an amazing job, as always.

Out of curiosity, what was the issue with the AMSL?

Just noticed, 2 Sebastian Castellos. A 16yr old and an 18yr old, both at Forge.

Edited by EnigMattic1

11 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I downloaded the wrong file. One thing that frustrates me about this latest update (and I don't mean this in a bad way) is that I am a Valour guy, but with the current state Edmonton are in, I REALLY want to try an Edmonton save. You have done an amazing job, as always.

From what he's said elsewhere, there's literally no word on the the AMSL exists or what their plans are going forward, and there hasn't been since the pandemic really.

Also duplicate players are, for some reason, super common in this update overall, and I really don't know why.

On 02/03/2022 at 11:38, EnigMattic1 said:

Ah crap, missed fixing Castello. Just fixed it now. Are there any other duplicates?

And the issue with AMSL is that the game was doing this weird thing where just for 2025 the AMSL would swap two of its teams with L1O Championship. That along with what Hedghog said, I decided to just remove.

21 hours ago, lucasrayken said:

Say I use this update in conjunction with other basic north american leagues, for example guatemala or any of the other central american leagues, would their quailification to continental competitions work as intended?
Thanks!

umm... sometimes, but not reliably.

The issue is I didn't bother setting up the Central American Cup, and so, instead of having that part of the qualification worked out, the game just randomly draws teams from those qualified to the Central American Cup (with a bias towards the bigger leagues (Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama). That said, Caribbean teams should work fine.

22 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Ah crap, missed fixing Castello. Just fixed it now. Are there any other duplicates?

And the issue with AMSL is that the game was doing this weird thing where just for 2025 the AMSL would swap two of its teams with L1O Championship. That along with what Hedghog said, I decided to just remove.

I haven't seen any other duplicates yet, but I will let you know if I do find any. 

3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

umm... sometimes, but not reliably.

The issue is I didn't bother setting up the Central American Cup, and so, instead of having that part of the qualification worked out, the game just randomly draws teams from those qualified to the Central American Cup (with a bias towards the bigger leagues (Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama). That said, Caribbean teams should work fine.

And just to be clear since I couldnt find anything, implementing such qualification would be a complicated ordeal since its all customised right?
Thanks for the quick answer!

32 minutes ago, lucasrayken said:

And just to be clear since I couldnt find anything, implementing such qualification would be a complicated ordeal since its all customised right?
Thanks for the quick answer!

It's definitely doable. I was going to add it for this update but forgot. I'll have to find time.

2 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Not sure I have a plan tbh. It's just whenever I find time!

Not trying to rush you, I was just curious. I'm really enjoying Canadian saves on FM, but I also like to have an accurate and up to date file. So I'm gonna hold off before I start my final save. 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not trying to rush you, I was just curious. I'm really enjoying Canadian saves on FM, but I also like to have an accurate and up to date file. So I'm gonna hold off before I start my final save. 

hmm.. not sure it's worth waiting unless you just really want the Central American Cup to be in the game? Otherwise, you could just go into the editor yourself and delete the extra Castello?

1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

hmm.. not sure it's worth waiting unless you just really want the Central American Cup to be in the game? Otherwise, you could just go into the editor yourself and delete the extra Castello?

Which Castello should be deleted? The 16yr old or the 18yr old? 

@yellowsweatygorillaDo you know if these rules are actually genuine because I know Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

Regulations

League1 Ontario was founded with a series of values, objectives and standards all aimed at furthering the league's stated objective of improving player development in Ontario and Canada. Some of these regulations include:

• Standards-based club licensing, renewed annually (not a franchise/ownership model). Standards include technical, organizational, facility and financial criteria.
  • Maximum of 3 non-Canadian players per club.
  • 18-man game day rosters must include a minimum of 8 U-23 players.
  • Starting 11 must include a minimum of 4 U-23 players.
  • Maximum of 5 substitutions per match.

On 06/03/2022 at 09:06, EnigMattic1 said:

@yellowsweatygorillaDo you know if these rules are actually genuine because I know Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

Regulations

League1 Ontario was founded with a series of values, objectives and standards all aimed at furthering the league's stated objective of improving player development in Ontario and Canada. Some of these regulations include:

• Standards-based club licensing, renewed annually (not a franchise/ownership model). Standards include technical, organizational, facility and financial criteria.
  • Maximum of 3 non-Canadian players per club.
  • 18-man game day rosters must include a minimum of 8 U-23 players.
  • Starting 11 must include a minimum of 4 U-23 players.
  • Maximum of 5 substitutions per match.

Yep. Seems correct!

21 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Yep. Seems correct!

Sorry mate, another question which is confusing me. Vaughan Azzuri and Prostars both have a 'C' team in League1 Ontario Reserves and Tecumsech have a 'B' team. Where do Vaughan and Prostars 'B' play and where to Tecumsech play?

Again, I apologise for asking questions that are not directly related to your file.

Sorry mate, another question which is confusing me. Vaughan Azzuri and Prostars both have a 'C' team in League1 Ontario Reserves and Tecumsech have a 'B' team. Where do Vaughan and Prostars 'B' play and where to Tecumsech play?

Again, I apologise for asking questions that are not directly related to your file.

I believe Tecumseh is in Windsor. I assume the B teams play in their respective neighbourhoods?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@yellowsweatygorillaI have a question regarding the League1 Ontario Championship. No games seem to be played I have gone through 2021 with nothing and I am up to April in 2022 and there have been no fixtures planned for any teams other than friendlies. When is the league supposed to begin?

2024. Half of the L1O teams move there with the introduction of pro/rel