[FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 28th*

sebastian_starttrbts

14 hours ago, GIMN said:

As always, an excellent job!

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Thank you!

9 hours ago, velvetunderground said:

Great! Thx a lot for all the work you have done.

3 hours ago, DBodes said:

Excellent, thanks! :-)

41 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Nice work again mate, thanks.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really happy all of you enjoy this playing style as much as I do. :)

1 hour ago, Shpamo said:

Legend! Didn't think it'd be out so soon.
Sending a small "thank you" donation your way :)

Oh, thank you :)

Knowing that some people were waiting for StarAttributes22 to release until they start their FM22-save made me stay up a little bit longer in the past couple of days. :D But fortunately, SI did not make that much changes concerning the attribute panels, so I was able to transfer some files from the FM21-version. And in addition I am really looking forward to start my own save and experience the interaction between StarAttributes and the Data Hub. :)

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

I have a question regarding this. I have been trying to merge it with FMEnhanced. The problem I am having is, where I can get the stars showing on the club overview panel, I can't in the player overview panel. I would assume it is because of how the player overview is setup and the XML has code like below:

<!-- Physical Table -->
                <widget class="table" id="plpt" layout="-1" auto_size="vertical">
                    <list id="headings">
                        <record index="0" alignment="left,centre_y" column_span="5" hide_sorting="true" disabled="true" font="title" colour="accent">
                            <translation id="text" translation_id="230003" type="use" value="Physical"/>
                        </record>
                    </list>
                </widget>

Would that need editing in order to remove the numbers?

21 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have a question regarding this. I have been trying to merge it with FMEnhanced. The problem I am having is, where I can get the stars showing on the club overview panel, I can't in the player overview panel. I would assume it is because of how the player overview is setup and the XML has code like below:

<!-- Physical Table -->
                <widget class="table" id="plpt" layout="-1" auto_size="vertical">
                    <list id="headings">
                        <record index="0" alignment="left,centre_y" column_span="5" hide_sorting="true" disabled="true" font="title" colour="accent">
                            <translation id="text" translation_id="230003" type="use" value="Physical"/>
                        </record>
                    </list>
                </widget>

Would that need editing in order to remove the numbers?

To be honest, I didn't quite get the connection between the club overview panel and the player overview panel?

In general, the whole effort needed to merge StarAttributes to another skin depends on the structure of the skin. StarAttributes is based on the default skin without any huge changes to the skin's structure, since I really enjoy the FM22-skin. Given there's a skin with a completely different layout, you probably won't be able to transfer that much panels without adjusting them. Therefore it might be somewhat similar to creating a whole new skin from scratch.

47 minutes ago, DaddyTorgo said:

I have been looking for this without knowing you were making it. 

Thank you thank you!!!

I'm glad you're looking forward to try this playing style and I hope you'll enjoy it in combination with the data hub as much as I do. :)

35 minutes ago, Matej said:

Congrats for your work! I really dont like ability stars, can you make them gone? Or do you know any other skin for FM2022 that removes ability stars? 

I only tried a version without any information on potential ability for FM21, keeping the stars for the current ability, but at the moment, I am not planning on recreating this approach this year. Tyburn built a skin based on StarAttributes without any ability-information for FM21, but if I remember correctly, there won't be a version for FM22, as well. 

But you should definitely keep an eye out for Dani_dots. He created a beautiful skin without attributes and stars and as far as I know, he is indeed working on a FM22-version.

17 minutes ago, Quasimodo1963 said:
Excellent! Fantastic. It is fun!!! Thanks very much.

But one big problem:

If I change the skin back, the attributes and stars in the team are hidden!

So you decided to use another skin again and there is neither a star nor a number in the team overview views?

Just choose a different skin and restart FM and everything should be like before. It is because of the person properties.xml.

2 hours ago, Nahuelzn said:

Is there any way to make the picture on the player's profile a little bigger?

You'll need the player overview panel.xml to increase the height of the player personal details panel (and maybe adjust the height of other panels to make up for the space added)

<!-- Header with portrait & important info-->
<widget class="player_personal_details_panel" id="ppdp" navigation_container="true" height="120">

and the player personal details panel.xml in order to increase the picture size:

<!-- Profile picture -->
<widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="left">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,-10,0,-10" />

By decreasing the -10s to -20 for example, you'll offer more space to the profile picture. If I remember correctly the order of distances is top, down, left, right.

One potential bug I've found in this having just started using it - I set custom colours and attribute thresholds and these show up correctly in some view (such as the training report below)

image.png.9552a0b1e381332b5dfbd183def71fa7.png

Switching to the player's overview or attribute view shows the default colours instead (although they do change with changing thresholds), although strangely the training / progress views under the development tab show the custom colours.

image.png.43366c63a61c10349cd1f3bda9fba877.png

I've tried reloading the game but no change.

EDIT: Somewhat related question - is it possible to create custom spider / radar graphs to replace this attributes list entirely? For instance three graphs for Technical, Mental, and Physical attributes, where the Physical graph would consist of, say, Speed (acceleration and pace), Movement (agility and balance), Strength (jumping and strength), and Endurance (natural fitness and stamina)? I know sod all about skinning, just that I'd like to move to a more "natural" means of reporting a player's ability.

Edited by Undy

17 hours ago, Nahuelzn said:

image.png.fabda2a1c4b0bd7757834ee8eb4a3253.png

I've tried but I'm having problems with the edges. I've played around with the widths and the inset but I don't get the full picture, it get cutted left and right. Which value I'm missing?

You'll need to have a look at the player personal details panel.xml again and increase the width of the panel elements. The first value for layout (100) in line 21 is the one you are looking for I assume:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="" red_replacement="primary" default_height="230" priority="1" gap="0">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="100,500,15,-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>

842544794_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_16_18.thumb.png.5478c743dab30e4fb94a66dd29a42f6e.png

8 hours ago, Continum said:

Hi! First of all, great skin, I really like the realism it brings.

Do you plan to keep working on this skin, and if so do you take feature requests?

Hey there, thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoy StarAttributes. 

I am always looking for potential improvements, but they'll need to complement the playing style I would like to support. For example, I feel like an "instant result"-button would be completely wrong in this experience, since it is mostly about watching the players' behaviour on the pitch.

Please feel free to suggest anything and then I will think about it. :)

1 hour ago, Undy said:

One potential bug I've found in this having just started using it - I set custom colours and attribute thresholds and these show up correctly in some view (such as the training report below)

image.png.9552a0b1e381332b5dfbd183def71fa7.png

Switching to the player's overview or attribute view shows the default colours instead (although they do change with changing thresholds), although strangely the training / progress views under the development tab show the custom colours.

image.png.43366c63a61c10349cd1f3bda9fba877.png

I've tried reloading the game but no change.

EDIT: Somewhat related question - is it possible to create custom spider / radar graphs to replace this attributes list entirely? For instance three graphs for Technical, Mental, and Physical attributes, where the Physical graph would consist of, say, Speed (acceleration and pace), Movement (agility and balance), Strength (jumping and strength), and Endurance (natural fitness and stamina)? I know sod all about skinning, just that I'd like to move to a more "natural" means of reporting a player's ability.

Did you follow the instruction on the thread's opening post on how to customise the colour of the attribute stars?

I tried to reproduce the issue you described, but everything seems to be alright:

961553689_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_11.thumb.png.34832e41b4c011ff0a3e7d87b2aaa74a.png

2074560597_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_16.thumb.png.e2d57b81c4a4dc4f945ede8c2a54ed51.png

1761008848_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_24.thumb.png.c850130fc6953a8eb3d970fe0d857e4e.png

And concerning your question: I feel like Dani_dots created and own polygon in his skin, therefore it should work, but to be honest I have not even a clue on how to create something like this at the moment.

EDIT: This is Dani_dots awesome approach:

1626733755_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_56_39.png.179a2072730bd2dd395988ab6361a980.png

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

5 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

You'll need to have a look at the player personal details panel.xml again and increase the width of the panel elements. The first value for layout (100) in line 21 is the one you are looking for I assume:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="" red_replacement="primary" default_height="230" priority="1" gap="0">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="100,500,15,-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>

842544794_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_16_18.thumb.png.5478c743dab30e4fb94a66dd29a42f6e.png

I am always looking for potential improvements, but they'll need to complement the playing style I would like to support. For example, I feel like an "instant result"-button would be completely wrong in this experience, since it is mostly about watching the players' behaviour on the pitch.

Did you follow the instruction on the thread's opening post?

I tried to reproduce the issue you described, but everything seems to be alright:

961553689_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_11.thumb.png.34832e41b4c011ff0a3e7d87b2aaa74a.png

2074560597_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_16.thumb.png.e2d57b81c4a4dc4f945ede8c2a54ed51.png

1761008848_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_34_24.thumb.png.c850130fc6953a8eb3d970fe0d857e4e.png

And concerning your question: I feel like Dani_dots created and own polygon in his skin, but to be honest I have not even a clue on how to create something like this at the moment.

It wouldn't be difficult to create the polygons (I've done similar in FM21). But I do like the sound of replacing the lists with polygons. Maybe @wkdsoulcould provide some insight as, if I recall correctly, he added a lot of polygons/graphs to his own personal skin. 

20 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Please feel free to suggest anything and then I will think about it.

I'm all for realism, that's why I've fell in love with this skin. My suggestion is only graphical. Previous skin I used was the one by FMRensie, and he had player faces displayed in the team tactics, the team talk screen and the bottom bar when you're in a match. See the screenshots below. I think that's a nice little touch and gives an easier overview of your players. Especially if you don't know the players too well. So faces instead of the kits in the pics below:

bilde.png.d505b208e557834f6875f8bc4abd41d6.png

bilde.thumb.png.414f355b6facace0081802a5d9db818e.png

bilde.png.c63d7c62eefb98ab71061ae84e2ca17c.png

Edited by Continum

vor einer Stunde schrieb Continum:

I'm all for realism, that's why I've fell in love with this skin. My suggestion is only graphical. Previous skin I used was the one by FMRensie, and he had player faces displayed in the team tactics, the team talk screen and the bottom bar when you're in a match. See the screenshots below. I think that's a nice little touch and gives an easier overview of your players. Especially if you don't know the players too well. So faces instead of the kits in the pics below:

bilde.png.d505b208e557834f6875f8bc4abd41d6.png

bilde.thumb.png.414f355b6facace0081802a5d9db818e.png

bilde.png.c63d7c62eefb98ab71061ae84e2ca17c.png

It is quite easy to add player faces (at least for the team talk and match day panels). Just add the xml files to the corresponding folder of Sebastians skin. Make sure you rename the files accordingly, reload and you are good to go. And I'm quite sure there is a file for the tactic board as well somewhere.

and

Edited by Bahamontes

50 minutes ago, Bahamontes said:

It is quite easy to add player faces (at least for the team talk and match day panels). Just add the xml files to the corresponding folder of Sebastians skin. Make sure you rename the files accordingly, reload and you are good to go. And I'm quite sure there is a file for the tactic board as well somewhere.

and

Well how easy was that! Thank you sir.

Love the skin! I used it in FM21 and once I started playing FM22 with the default skin I couldn't get used to seeing numerical attributes, I was waiting for your skin before doing a proper realistic save. Thank you!

One question - how do I enable the default attributes graph? I managed to do it by editing your skin for FM21 but I can't do it now (copied the same files in panels/player and /widgets but it doesn't work, I can still only pick bio, comparison and analysis).

22 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Did you follow the instruction on the thread's opening post on how to customise the colour of the attribute stars?

And concerning your question: I feel like Dani_dots created and own polygon in his skin, therefore it should work, but to be honest I have not even a clue on how to create something like this at the moment.

EDIT: This is Dani_dots awesome approach:

1626733755_Screenshot2021-11-30at19_56_39.png.179a2072730bd2dd395988ab6361a980.png

I couldn't get the colours to work for love nor money last night, although for some reason as soon as I start it up today it's working. Definitely got caching disabled so who knows. For the polygons, I'll just wait and see who comes up with what. The stars in place of numbers have already caused a shift in how I view my players for both selection and development so really keen to see how I get on!

On 30/11/2021 at 21:03, Bahamontes said:

and

23 hours ago, keysi said:

@Continum  tactics icon info panel overview.xml - just add it to the tactics folder and reload, it contains faces, it's the one I use in my skin.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 6.53 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for helping out :)

22 hours ago, Kapizak1 PL said:

Love the skin! I used it in FM21 and once I started playing FM22 with the default skin I couldn't get used to seeing numerical attributes, I was waiting for your skin before doing a proper realistic save. Thank you!

One question - how do I enable the default attributes graph? I managed to do it by editing your skin for FM21 but I can't do it now (copied the same files in panels/player and /widgets but it doesn't work, I can still only pick bio, comparison and analysis).

Do you mean the attributes analysis octagon?

1862743650_Screenshot2021-12-01at21_55_34.thumb.png.0b7298cb6add040ef65a600e0597eb22.png

You'll need to open the player overview big selector panel.xml and insert:

<!-- Attribute Analysis -->
	<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
	<translation id="title" translation_id="334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
  </widget>

3 hours ago, Undy said:

I couldn't get the colours to work for love nor money last night, although for some reason as soon as I start it up today it's working. Definitely got caching disabled so who knows. For the polygons, I'll just wait and see who comes up with what. The stars in place of numbers have already caused a shift in how I view my players for both selection and development so really keen to see how I get on!

Great to hear that it is working today :)

24 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Do you mean the attributes analysis octagon?

1862743650_Screenshot2021-12-01at21_55_34.thumb.png.0b7298cb6add040ef65a600e0597eb22.png

You'll need to open the player overview big selector panel.xml and insert:

<!-- Attribute Analysis -->
	<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
	<translation id="title" translation_id="334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
  </widget>

That's it, thank you!

A very nice alternative on how someone can play!

Always wondered though, is there a way to swap the stars with mini icons, in order to have phrases like Word Class, Excellent, Average etc represented?

On 27/11/2021 at 15:37, sebastian_starttrbts said:

I'm glad you're looking forward to try this playing style and I hope you'll enjoy it in combination with the data hub as much as I do. :)

Oh yes, absolutely. Having great success with it as well. One thing I like is that I find myself making decisions more based on fitness, "gut", or on highlights that I've seen, or of course the statistics, rather than saying "I want my defender with 2pts better marking to play this match." 

Another great thing is that I find myself actually making transfer "mistakes" and having a lot more squad turnover as a result. 

Thanks again!!

2 hours ago, Bahamontes said:

Can you or someone else help me and tell me in which folder I have to add this file? Do I need to create a tactic folder inside the skin folder? And if yes, in which location?

Download the file and change its name from "274556199_tacticsiconinfopaneloverview.xml" to "tactics icon info panel overview.xml". Then you'll visit skins/StarAttributes22/panels and create a tactics-folder. Put the downloaded file in this folder, clear cache and reload skin and it should work.

vor einer Stunde schrieb sebastian_starttrbts:

Download the file and change its name from "274556199_tacticsiconinfopaneloverview.xml" to "tactics icon info panel overview.xml". Then you'll visit skins/StarAttributes22/panels and create a tactics-folder. Put the downloaded file in this folder, clear cache and reload skin and it should work.

Thank you so much. Big help.

I want to increase the star colour variety for players at my own club, but not for scouted players. I like how this gives an added challenge to scouting but I feel coaches know their own players better. Is this possible for me to create this, do you think?

14 hours ago, Freak35 said:

I want to increase the star colour variety for players at my own club, but not for scouted players. I like how this gives an added challenge to scouting but I feel coaches know their own players better. Is this possible for me to create this, do you think?

Although I like the thoughts behind your idea, I assume we aren't able to add further sections to the attribute distribution. Skinning is basically all about graphical adjustments and your idea sounds more like some deeper adjustments to the mechanics of Football Manager. Therefore we are limited to the four attribute sections for now. 

17 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Although I like the thoughts behind your idea, I assume we aren't able to add further sections to the attribute distribution. Skinning is basically all about graphical adjustments and your idea sounds more like some deeper adjustments to the mechanics of Football Manager. Therefore we are limited to the four attribute sections for now. 

I suspected this would be so. Do you think it's possible to provide numerical attributes for players at your own club, but star attributes for the rest of the players? 

I love the added challenge to scouting but I'd like a bit more of an accurate view of my own players.

4 minutes ago, Freak35 said:

I suspected this would be so. Do you think it's possible to provide numerical attributes for players at your own club, but star attributes for the rest of the players? 

I love the added challenge to scouting but I'd like a bit more of an accurate view of my own players.

Unfortunately, this won't be possible as well. While creating this skin, I basically just resized the attribute numbers to zero and placed the star-graphics above them. In this process, there is no distinction between own players and "the rest".

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sebastian_starttrbts:

Hey @Nikopol,

at the end of FM21 I created a noPA-version of this skin. But at the moment, this is nothing I am planing to work on in the coming weeks. 

oh i see, what a shame :P

Still enjoying my new save a lot with this skin! Almost feels that the entire game is engineered around playing that way.

14 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

oh i see, what a shame :P

Still enjoying my new save a lot with this skin! Almost feels that the entire game is engineered around playing that way.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy this playing style that much :) It already was a lot of fun last year and with the new data-hub, I feel like StarAttributes benefits a lot in FM22. 

And maybe there'll be another noPA-version someday, but at the moment this isn't the adjustment I am focusing on. Once you discover the Skinning Hideout, you'll always find something new to work on. Such an awesome (and "dangerous") place :D

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 29th*

*updated January 29th*

Changelog:

• new player profile, including a slightly different structure, bigger player picture and club badge as well as information on "position played in" next to the season stats for example

1252867744_Screenshot2022-01-29at22_17_58.thumb.jpg.0b1d3e4c89a68813cc158e3e310a0f52.jpg

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes22.1" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes22.1" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

I'm using the skin since two weeks.

Great work, great idea. 

Thank you for making a good game nearly perfect!

Every skin try to make the FM easier, this beast make it almost realistic.

Edited by kotsch