[FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 28th*

sebastian_starttrbts

22 hours ago, kotsch said:

I'm using the skin since two weeks.

Great work, great idea. 

Thank you for making a good game nearly perfect!

Every skin try to make the FM easier, this beast make it almost realistic.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really happy that you enjoy this playing style that much. :)

2 hours ago, Bahamontes said:

New update is looking good. Keep up the great work, Sebastian.

I'm glad you like the new player profile. :)

Thanks to @GIMN and his great tutorial, I was able to try myself in rearranging some containers in order to create a slightly different layout and although it took some time, it was a lot of fun. :)

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 25th*

*updated February 25th*

Changelog:

• fixed an issue with the Scouting Centre Overview appearing after the Winter Update

718834888_Screenshot2022-02-25at10_54_36.thumb.png.09d80b6c269c99a0246f7820f8fdd1f1.png

195327989_Screenshot2022-02-25at10_54_03.thumb.png.b3cdee309b429ac7406c87a03a1ab453.png

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes22.1" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes22.1" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes
Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

42 minutes ago, drseventy8 said:

Hi there , i love you skin, i only have one issue. I tried changing the coach profile picture but it wont change. 

I tried as well and I am indeed not able to change the coach profile picture, neither with StarAttributes, nor with the FM default skin. Therefore I feel like it might be due to another reason than the skin.

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 28th*

*updated February 28th*

Changelog:

• replaced numeric attributes on the staff profile and the staff profile popup (re)appearing after the Winter Update

IMPORTANT:

• Put "StarAttributes22.1" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes22.1" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

Hi, I really like the concept of your skin and look forward to using it. However I'm not sure about the installation, I've used skins from online before and they've just been FMF files I've just had to put in the skins folder but this one I have not a clue what to do with the zipped file which has all sorts of folders in. Help would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Believe i have sorted this now, had to take the "StarAttributes22.1" file out of the original "StarAttributes22.1" file and place that one in skins if anyone else ever encounters the same confusion 

Edited by ElliotHH

7 hours ago, ElliotHH said:

Hi, I really like the concept of your skin and look forward to using it. However I'm not sure about the installation, I've used skins from online before and they've just been FMF files I've just had to put in the skins folder but this one I have not a clue what to do with the zipped file which has all sorts of folders in. Help would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Believe i have sorted this now, had to take the "StarAttributes22.1" file out of the original "StarAttributes22.1" file and place that one in skins if anyone else ever encounters the same confusion 

Hello @ElliotHH,

I hope you'll enjoy this playing style as much as I do. 

Concerning the installation process: I feel like some time ago, the folder structure was the default way of releasing a skin, but within the last year many people decided to create these .fmf files, you'll only need to insert into the skin folder. Unfortunately, with these .fmf-files users aren't able to make changes that easy anymore. Changing the stars colour in case of StarAttributes for example. 

In order to make it work, you'll only need to insert StarAttributes into the skin folder, so you'll get a structure like: Football Manager 22/skins/StarAttributes/graphics, panels, settings, ...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

great work, Seb! I have a question (noob alert): if I wanted to have FME's Zealand skin with attributes replaced by stars from your skin (for personal use), how would I go about it? I watched a tutorial on the basics of skin making and tried just straight up copying over the 'properties' folder but it didn't work. My assumption is since Z's skin doesn't initially have this folder, the new files need to be mapped somehow?

8 minutes ago, klimdrum said:

great work, Seb! I have a question (noob alert): if I wanted to have FME's Zealand skin with attributes replaced by stars from your skin (for personal use), how would I go about it? I watched a tutorial on the basics of skin making and tried just straight up copying over the 'properties' folder but it didn't work. My assumption is since Z's skin doesn't initially have this folder, the new files need to be mapped somehow?

Have you read the 1st post ? there is a download and a note on how to use it in your skin of choice.

and just above this is a download link
and just below this a note on how to change the colours of the stars

• Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes

48 минут назад, snowofman сказал:

Have you read the 1st post ? there is a download and a note on how to use it in your skin of choice.

and just above this is a download link
and just below this a note on how to change the colours of the stars

I'm sorry but I can't find what you mentioned in the original post. What you quoted is an instruction on how to properly install the skin (the entire skin, not just the star attributes part). I've read through the entire thread and just now re-read the original post - I don't see a specific instruction on how to embed it into another skin.

9 hours ago, klimdrum said:

I'm sorry but I can't find what you mentioned in the original post. What you quoted is an instruction on how to properly install the skin (the entire skin, not just the star attributes part). I've read through the entire thread and just now re-read the original post - I don't see a specific instruction on how to embed it into another skin.

ahh you are so right, i must have been very tired last night. for some reason i completely left out of my mind that you wanted to do it with the Zeiland skin...... my appologizes..
anyway, replaceing attributes with stars is not just an easy task as many in here can tell you, and explaining how is just as impossible

But maybe by looking through the above skin, it can give you an idea of how's it done. But still hard without a understanding of the structure

Hello @DoritoJr, @klimdrum and @snowofman,

unfortunately, this won't work by just adding one or two folders to another skin.

There are indeed some panels affected by the properties folder, but in addition there are many more with attributes on it and you would have to adjust all of them. Since other skins do look way different concerning their structure, you would have to edit every file on its own. It's more or less like creating a whole new skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Seb!

I've actually come across your skin very recently by watching a video from Foxinthebox on YouTube, and I thought it looked amazing. 

I haven't used it yet, and I was wondering: are you planning on releasing a version for FM23?

(sorry if this isn't the right place for my question, I didn't know where I should ask it) 

1 hour ago, Mihai Constantin said:

Hey Seb!

I've actually come across your skin very recently by watching a video from Foxinthebox on YouTube, and I thought it looked amazing. 

I haven't used it yet, and I was wondering: are you planning on releasing a version for FM23?

(sorry if this isn't the right place for my question, I didn't know where I should ask it) 

Hey @Mihai Constantin,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video of FoxintheBox that much :) I followed his Toulouse-Save on Twitch using the StarAttributes skin as well and it was a lot of fun watching.

And yes, there are plans on releasing StarAttributes23 as soon as possible after the official FM23 release. The time needed depends on the panels SI added and changed compared to the FM22 version. But there will be some news on Twitter and of course a new thread in the Skinning Hideout when StarAttributes23 will be available. 

(And no problem. The right place to ask is the place, where I discover the question :))

4 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hey @Mihai Constantin,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video of FoxintheBox that much :) I followed his Toulouse-Save on Twitch using the StarAttributes skin as well and it was a lot of fun watching.

And yes, there are plans on releasing StarAttributes23 as soon as possible after the official FM23 release. The time needed depends on the panels SI added and changed compared to the FM22 version. But there will be some news on Twitter and of course a new thread in the Skinning Hideout when StarAttributes23 will be available. 

(And no problem. The right place to ask is the place, where I discover the question :))

I'm super stoked to try this skin out! It's gonna be a whole new way to enjoy the game.

I've actually gone back to Twitter today just to follow you, in case you'd post anything about the skin for FM23.

Best of luck with putting it together!!

• 2 weeks later...
Am 18.10.2022 um 19:53 schrieb sebastian_starttrbts:

yes, there are plans on releasing StarAttributes23 as soon as possible after the official FM23 release. The time needed depends on the panels SI added and changed compared to the FM22 version. But there will be some news on Twitter and of course a new thread in the Skinning Hideout when StarAttributes23 will be available.

best news. like last year I cant picture myself playing a proper game without your skin.

2 hours ago, Bahamontes said:

best news. like last year I cant picture myself playing a proper game without your skin.

100% 

I'm just killing time on the beta at a club in a league that won't even be on the radar in my main long-term save because I don't want to even start a game and have any player's attributes spoiled for me.

On 19/10/2022 at 01:02, Mihai Constantin said:

I'm super stoked to try this skin out! It's gonna be a whole new way to enjoy the game.

I've actually gone back to Twitter today just to follow you, in case you'd post anything about the skin for FM23.

Best of luck with putting it together!!

On 05/11/2022 at 17:18, Bahamontes said:

On 05/11/2022 at 19:38, DaddyTorgo said:

100% 

I'm just killing time on the beta at a club in a league that won't even be on the radar in my main long-term save because I don't want to even start a game and have any player's attributes spoiled for me.

• 10 months later...