There's a big difference between sanity and insanity!

B.W.G

And this clearly falls into the insanity category!

Welcome to my FM 22 career save where we won't be doing a regular pentagon but we will be doing a youth only pentagon so I will be aiming to win the five major continental competitions while I rely on my youth academy.

The only signings I can make in this save will be players who have been at my academy,it won't matter if they were released on a free,sold or poached from my academy as long as they have been at the club's academy at some point and it shows in their playing history.

For this save I will have the following countries loaded...

3e8bb68e199e54ced54aedabc8b3753c.png

The countries I will be doing this challenge are all of them.I will be going for the most part in order of the Continents highest continental rating so it will be either Costa Rica or Morocco (both Champions League rated at 2.5*) first then followed by the other,Japan will be the third nation followed by Argentina and Switzerland.England is there just to see what happens and maybe if somehow do this then I may do something in England down the line.

Reasons for the choices of countries:

Costa Rica - (Starting youth rating:66) -  I played in Canada,USA and Mexico in FM21 so I wanted to do a different country so I made this league setup on the editor.The other reason is that they actually have a better youth rating than Canada so I want to see how much it could improve and to see if I can get a Costa Rican side to win the CONCACAF Champions League.

Morocco - (Starting youth rating:85) - This is actually a simple explanation,I wanted somewhere which wasn't South Africa,Like Costa Rica,I made this in the editor and the only other choice was Egypt out of the ones I made and Egypt is also only two tiers so I wanted a slightly longer one.

Japan - (Starting youth rating:112)  - This was my first choice for Asia although I did have a backup planned if Japan didn't pan out as the backup was South Korea starting in the fourth tier like Japan.I've got the fixes in place for the names so they are correct as well as a fix so we can see the profile page of the Japanese clubs.

Argentina - (Starting youth rating:140) - This is the only league I didn't edit as this was done by Zato on Steam Workshop.I wanted to up the difficulty even further so seeing a five tier South American league certainly falls into that category,this database also has extra cups in it so there is the potential for extra silverware.The other reason is that Argentina has one of the highest youth ratings in the game so it will be interesting to see if it can maintain that.

Switzerland - (Starting youth rating:90) - I know it only shows four tiers in the screenshot but it's actually five tiers as I cropped it wrong!Switzerland was my second choice behind Austria but for some reason I kept getting crash dumps on the editor when I tried to verify Austria so Switzerland was just meant to be.It has a pretty decent youth rating as it's not the worse but it isn't the best either so there is the potential for it to grow in the future.

For my first club,it's off to Costa Rica I go!!!

4e3769abdacde3d15ff108b15f0c677a.png

Escorpiones - Liga de Ascenso de Costa Rica - New Club - 2021/22

Club Background

408d50a647fe608d4e910fc542d947af.png

The Team

9450b34ad9ab0eebe553463404828d3c.pngd338edd622afd0c4ec409d4daa86698c.png

Manager's Thoughts

I've picked probably the most unusual team to start off with,they have by far the best facilities in the second tier which is a massive plus but Escorpiones are one of two semi-professional teams in the second tier as the rest are professional so this means I won't be getting full benefits from training as we won't have a full training schedule.This club is actually the favourite to go down from the second tier and we are ranked at 500-1 to win the title so we definitely have our work cut out for us.The squad is actually quite small but I do have some fringe players in the reserves and u21's if I need to bring anyone else into the first team,the aim for the season is to survive relegation and that is going to be a real challenge due to the quite small squad.

I do have one final reason for picking Escorpiones and that is because they have a blank Club culture when it comes to philosophies whereas the rest of them had sign u23 player's for the first team so I may be able to get a club culture that involves using the youth academy in the future!

Edited by B.W.G

Nice save, where do you get the expansion of Argentinan leagues?? :O ... Is there a a south american real rules patch launched somewhere?? I'd like to do the south american challenge (win the 10 leagues of the 10 countries, tried on FM21, but i got 7/10 just before FM22 beta launch :C )

6 hours ago, ucdark said:

Nice save, where do you get the expansion of Argentinan leagues?? :O ... Is there a a south american real rules patch launched somewhere?? I'd like to do the south american challenge (win the 10 leagues of the 10 countries, tried on FM21, but i got 7/10 just before FM22 beta launch :C )

74bc6549db6d9729351d79c7b6eefcbf.png

I got it off steam from Zato (Link).I have made a few of the smaller nations (French Guiana,Guyana and Suriname) in South America and Ecuador as well.

18 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Looks good, let's go

It's going to be long and thrilling ride for sure :D 

Escorpiones - Liga de Ascenso - Pre-Season - 2021/22

General - Facilities - Finance

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

Only two bits of transfer news and neither one had anything to do with me as both of the transfers were done before I took charge.Jarquin and Ramirez won't be taking any part in this season as they aren't even good enough to make an appearance for the first team and will be in the reserves for the entire season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

fc334f6be4adb1f906f7e7086a16eb6b.png

It looks to be a mixed bag of results but I am generally happy with how everything went.For the three games we didn't win,we were actually playing teams in the top flight so I think we did well considering the quality difference between ourselves and the.As for the other three matches,we were comfortable in all three and they were well deserved wins.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

04f4f1939eb9e27245cef265da1dc871.pnga691f2de0fe49951dd504073b5a62dec.png

Miguel Campos

Juan Arguedas

Jason Reyes

Pablo Morera

Diego Salas

Manager's Thoughts

Not much has changed since I took over and now,the only thing to note is that we have had a new sponsorship deal worth £150k over two years and that is about it on the financial front,we are currently sat at £46k and I am expecting that to fall quite quickly due to the league we are in not being the most reputable so I doubt the fans will be coming in their droves.Tactic wise I have am going with a 4-3-3 for my primary tactic with a 4-2-1-2-1 as back up in case I need to be slightly more defensive in games.I am expecting this season to be difficult for us as we are one of two teams in this league that are semi-professional and that put's us at a disadvantage against the rest of the league when it comes to training but at least my five year plan set by the board only has us remaining in this league by the end of it but I would love to be pushing for a promotion spot by then if it's possible.

Time to get this show on the road!

Edited by B.W.G

July 2021

Fixtures

80f7ac5cbdf97d73790a1aec0c755ca3.png

Table

62508370bdeab880f88deff6b1fbbd15.png

Considering we are 500-1 to win the title and favourites for relegation,I think we did really well as we picked up four point from the opening two games.I was really pleased with the result against Liberia for two reasons,the first is that Liberia were relegated to this league last season and the second is that we were a goal down at half time so I think the comeback was fantastic.I was a bit disappointed with the draw against Municipal Turrialba as were the better team but like the first game,we were a goal down so I am happy we came back and got a point.

Just the one game in August and we will be facing Limón,they are one of the weaker teams at this level of football so I feel it is important that we get a positive result against them just to keep us away from the relegation zone,I would also like to do this match without conceding the first goal like we did in our first two matches!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2021

Fixture

0833889d43b10f49c97fd68da2d3d9cd.png

Table

255e4bf2e39b28d53641a1d3acd1e302.png

One of my aims for the month was not to concede first and I can say that we failed in that as we went into half time 1-0 down,thankfully the second half saw us go into another gear as we netted four times as we claimed all three points in a 4-1 win over Limón.It's also really nice to see us with a five point lead over the relegation zone and hopefully we can carry on increasing that lead.

September sees us play three times and we will be facing Garabito,Carmelita and Santa Ana (CRC),I generally believe we could get something against Garabito and Santa Ana (CRC) as they are of a similar strength to Limón if the odds are anything to go by but I think we could struggle against Carmelita as they are second favourites for the title and are probably the strongest teams in our group.

September 2021

Fixtures

51cbf3620b940a21ead7942ffb8378f1.png

Table

3cc160312df48bacb467545794bc1b4b.png

I'm pretty happy with how September went as we picked up six points from nine as this month went about as expected.This month also saw us not fall behind for the first time which was against Garabito and we actually kept a clean sheet for the first time this season against Santa Ana (CRC) so I am happy with those two achievements,we were comfortable in both games and I think we can be considered unlucky to not have scored more against Santa Ana.As for the 2-0 loss against Carmelita,I can't really complain as the better team won and you could see the difference in quality between the two sides and that is something I can hope to lessen in the future.

October will bring us two more games and we will be facing Desamparados and Golfito,if we are going off current form then we should be able to win both these games as they are two of the bottom three teams in the league and if we can win both of these games then I think we will be pretty much safe from relegation as there will only be eight games left to play so that is what I will be aiming for.

October 2021

Fixtures

eff6720eb0e567047ffe59e89cc85d04.png

Table

a33e174a2eb6a95babdace4e08f5003b.png

The impressive run continues as we won both games in October,the first game saw us easily beat Desamparados 2-0 and it was the perfect performance as we were great in attack and defence.The second win could end up being important in the long run,it's another win that puts us further away from the relegation zone and more importantly it was a fan day,needless to say that the fan day was a success the 360 attendance is our highest attendance so far this season and it could have a positive effect when it comes to attendances in the future.

November will see us kick off the second half of the season with games against Liberia and Municipal Turrialba,we are currently sat in a promotion playoff spot so that is brilliant for us and we will still be in one of those spots come the end of November no matter what happens with the results but I would love for us to keep our run going till the end of the season,we did draw against Municipal Turrialba earlier in the season so hopefully we can go one better and beat them this time around.

Youth Intake Preview

2c285493a0bf88ca07619a7b16d12da7.png

60710d3993775e14edeff48209740468.pngb2ff47e4648fc7e766713e3f3766d006.png

Well I am happy to say that the intake preview has been given a rating of 5* but I am actually disappointed in the quality going by the grades.I am really happy with the central midfielders as we are lacking in that area so any player of decent quality will be a boost for me.I really could of done with a decent goalkeeper and a E rating doesn't really fill me with hope.As for the wingers and wing-backs....I generally didn't know you could get a G grade!

November 2021

Fixtures

b1c85f98802b4b914be4ea2f4facb76f.png

Table

28aaf6dfa3f309887337f751cc7ca1c8.png

November showed us both the best and worst of the team.We put in a brilliant all round performance against Liberia and we fully deserved the win as we were better than them in all areas of the game while the match against Minicipal Turrialbla saw us take the lead and throw it all away in the second half as that is when they scored all of their goals.We currently sit on 22 points and have an eleven point lead over Garabito so we are in a very strong position when going for a promotion playoff spot as we only have six games left to play.Also to note,the attendance against Liberia set a new record of 379 and that beat the previous record which was set in the home game before the Liberia match!

December is a very quiet month as we will only be playing one match and that is against Garabito,we are away from that game so it will be a bit tricky but we do have a good lead over them in terms of points so we will still be in the top three no matter what happens but I think we could beat them if we play to our best,we aren't missing any players at this moment in time so beating them is definitely a possibility

Edited by B.W.G

December 2021

Fixture

9d2a14ccac02c27cc2973593ad4443c5.png

Table

3bd95fc4178de3f31b4696c032ab6994.png

A normal occurrence happened in this game and that was us falling behind early on and that was followed up by us coming back into the game and winning the match in the end.Despite falling behind early on,the win was actually well deserved as the xG was massively in our favour and they scored from one of their two shots on target,Oriol played a blinder,he scored one and provided an assist for another as he came out of the game with the man of the match award.

January brings us one more game and we will be facing Limón in our only fixture of the month,if we can win this game then we qualify for the promotion playoff.There is another way to qualify for the play off and that is if we draw and Garabito also drop points as well.We are at home this time around so I would like us to win the match.

January 2022

Fixture

579c84eb2750fa1cff6c1875c74c5857.png

Table

af79c3e1cf1e2f13797d3d1dd1c992da.png

We did what we needed to do against Limón as we ran out 2-0 winners against them which secured out promotion playoff spot with four games to go,as you can see there is quite a big gap between the top three and fourth so at least we know three of the eight teams going into the playoffs.Only other thing to note was first choice striker Miguel Campos having a hissy fit and wanting to join a bigger club but no one came in for him so he is stuck here till I say otherwise!

February brings us one more game and it is a really tough match as we will be facing Carmelita,they are one of the two sides to beat us this season and all I can hope is that we put in a better performance than we did last time against them as we lost the first match against them 2-0.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Glad to see you back. Plugging away and on your way becoming the Greatest Football Manager in the World!

Not sure about becoming the greatest football manager in the world as my gut feeling is telling me I hope you enjoy Japan :lol: 

50 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

Not sure about becoming the greatest football manager in the world as my gut feeling is telling me I hope you enjoy Japan :lol: 

I was just basing it on your FM21 Thread. Winning with all those ROTW teams.

or FM20 with the French Team.....

February 2022

Fixture

6ed222b2ac9334c6c6662981a4c025d8.png

Table

cbbe3a9b1cfad7371ff90318f9d2ea8f.png

It looks like it was a boring game and in the end it was a pretty boring game but I made it that way as Oriol received a straight red card about half way through the second half and despite that,Carmelita barely threatened us when they did attack,if there was going to be a goal in this game then it would have been in the first half when there was more action.On a plus side,the attendance of 394 set a new record for us and we could break the 400 mark later in the season when the playoffs come around!

March is another one game month and we will be facing Santa Ana (CRC),I am pretty confident we can win the match but I will have to be careful as they are in a relegation fight so they actually have more to play for than we do.I also think March will bring us our first youth intake and I will be looking forward to it as we should have 2 MC's coming through and that is the weakest area of the team outside of the goalkeeper position.

Youth Intake 2022

b186f28655ea0f6ea58d0a5ffd2fb5b0.pnga9e3f238655095d6237044fdb24bb5d3.png

For the elite talents I will be moving them into the first team from next season when I can register new players.I will need to retrain Gomez and Montoya as they play MR and ML respectively but I use AMR and AML in my formations.I am happy with the rest of them and I will be putting them into individual training as soon as I can.

3be398bdc299eae4124ef0ac3c63e661.png

We only had two Top talents,Wilson Vega will need quite a bit of training before he is of use as he is a WBR and I don't use that position so positional training may take a bit longer while Azofeifa could become a good backup option in the DC position in the future.

5e6662732c02b20efd297cbddb5ea032.png

All these players will be signed to youth contracts and will be given the training they need,they will be further evaluated when their youth contracts are expiring.

73f971352d7343fc0bd9d9359244b91b.png

I'm not too sure with these three players so I will leave it up to my Head of Youth Development to see if they are worth keeping or not.

March 2022

Fixture

e494c9b290987cc6e7e4c94710ab9e57.png

Table

eacc4e70fbd61a25a02cb114ca04b2fa.png

We easily beat Santa Ana (CRC) in our only game of the month and it was a pretty straight forward match overall as we were 3-0 in 20 minutes so it was a really good start for the team,poor Santa Ana on the other hand plunged into the relegation zone and they now only have one game left to play this season.Reyes with a goal and an assist was man of the match but I have to give an honourable mention to my right back Arguedas who actually got 2 assists in this match.

April will see the end of the regular season and we will finish it off with games against Desamparados and Golfito. Surprisingly we are still in contention for the top spot and I think we actually stand a good chance of doing so as Desamparados have been terrible all season while we should have enough about us to see off Golfito, if we can win both these games then we are guaranteed first as Municipal Turrialba only have one game left to play!The promotion playoffs also start at the end of April but I don't have a clue about who will be facing as the spots haven't been filled yet.

April 2022

Fixtures

90f3c605ee503fb1895571975eb21810.png

Table

03014dcdabdfbd828095cd176b22cd92.png

We won both games in the league stage to finish at the top of the table and we did so in convincing fashion which was brilliant for us.The promotion playoff actually got off to a terrible start as we lost the first leg 2-1 against Aserri,we were the better team in that game so I was disappointed that we lost the match,the second leg saw us finish off our chances as we ran out 3-1 winners on the night to give us a 4-3 aggregate winner,we were 3-0 up on the night before they pulled one back late on.As for the semi-final,we gave Marineros a hammering in both legs as we ran out 7-1 aggregate winners and this win meant that the group B winners were knocked out.

May will bring us two games and both of them are against Carmelita as we will be facing each other in the Promotion playoff final,just two games separate us and a place in the top flight so we need to be at our best to do so.I also have to give massive credit to the team and the group we were in as three of the four semi-finalists were from our group (Carmelita knocked out Municipal Turrialba).We are away from home first so if we can take a draw from that and win from home then that will be brilliant,even if it's a narrow loss at home then I think we could overturn that as well.

9 minutes ago, abulezz said:

It looks like quite the Intake - that's 5 players going into the first team next season, if I am not mistaken.

Also, I think this might be the first time reading a save taking place in Costa Rica!

I'm actually going to throw all my elite talent into the first team next season so that is seven players,I know two of them will probably get quite a bit of game time due to lack of depth in the central midfield role but we will be going full time next season so having a full training schedule could be really beneficial to the entire team.

Costa Rica is one I've always wanted to try as their top flight is actually the third biggest in North America,thankfully my editor skills have improved enough to get it to work :lol: 

May 2022

Fixtures

14b78da2198bfa828922888bcba9ea14.png

We are going up!!!

What a performance we put in as we finally beat Carmelita this season and what a time to do it as we won both games which meant we won 7-2 on aggrgate.We have an amazing first half to thank for the first leg as we went into half time 4-0 up,annoyingly both of Carmelita's goals came when we had the momentum during the match as we failed to defend on the counter-attack both times.No issues in the second leg as we were really comfortable throughout the match although it did take a while to finally break them down but it was a deserved win.The 1,500 attendance figure is not only a new record for us but it is also our first sell out we have had in this save,I doubt we can expand it any time soon but hopefully that maybe the case in 2-3 seasons time.

End of Season update to follow then onto the top flight we go.

22 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Costa Rica eh?

One or two games a month and then blamo! 6 games in April! I bet that was exciting, especially with securing the Championship and promotion :D

What does a G rated player look like? Nothing but a g thing? :lock:

April definitely was exciting,it finally gave me something to do instead of just wait a massive amount of time between games :lol: 

Best way to describe a G rated player can be used by the letter G.....garbage :D 

Also...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, deltablue said:

That's an impressive challenge ;)

Should keep me busy for a while :D 

Escorpiones - Liga de Ascenso - End of Season - 2021/22

Profile - General - Facilities - Finances

Nothing happened during the first season which is always a plus as it meant we couldn't possibly get any weaker.As for the two players who appeared on the incoming side of things,I kept to my word and they didn't play any part in the season and it wasn't like they were going to anyway as they are both terrible players compared to some I have at the club.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Liga de Ascenso - Winners

7fc8e8f620abfe758cba6e87fe5d3ae5.png

500 - 1 to win the title and we did so on the last game of the season which was amazing considering we were one of two clubs who are semi-professional (the other being Desamparados).Absolutely brilliant considering I was only at the top for five of the sixteen games but we were always in the top three throughout the season just like Carmelita and Municipal Turrialba.

Promotion Playoffs - Winners

5781e83e1658110bbc2d119836e3d17f.png

All of the scored above are the aggregate scores as all matches were two legs.Surprisingly we kicked off the playoffs with a first leg loss to Aserri but we managed to overturn it thanks to a 3-1 second leg win to give us a 4-3 aggregate win.Semi-finals saw all three group A teams still in the competitiom,we took on the sole remaining group B teams and easily beat them over both legs as we ran out 7-1 aggregate winners.The final saw us face Carmelita who we actually failed to beat in the league stage,the first half of the first leg set us up on the road to success as went into half time 4-0 up but we did lose the second half 2-1.No issues in the second leg as it was a comfortable 2-0 victory and we confirmed our promotion to top flight!

Players,Stats and Awards

Accolades 1 - Accolades 2

45c98ba6f50cb1e00de7bdd3cbb583b3.png

E.Oriol

Miguel Campos

Jason Reyes

Anthony Jimenez

Pablo Morera

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was certainly a surprising season as I wasn't expecting to win the group or win the promotion playoff to go up to the top flight,to make it more surprising is that we are a semi-professional side so we didn't even have the full amount of training available so the players could develop better.We had some real standout performers this season,it wasn't really surprising about Campos and Reyes doing so well as they are among the best players at the club,Oriol's performances were really surprising and he performed brilliant throughout the season and he fully deserved picking up fan's player of the season.On the financial side of things,we are £32k in debt and we are £130 p.w over the wage budget so things are looking too great at the minute but that could change in the future due to playing in the top flight next season.

As for the upcoming pre-season,my aim is to keep all the players we currently have as they will help us in the new season as we will be looking to fight bravely against relegation next season so if we do go down then it will be a case of go down fighting.There will definitely be something change in the future and that is the club will be going professional and that will be beneficial for us as it gives me access to full training schedules.Another thing that could change is the ownership of the club.the owner status is currently set at "Rumours of a potential board takeover" and the last one mentioned was a consortium takeover so it will be interesting to see what happens there,if there is a takeover then I hope they increase my wage budget so I can offer full time contracts that players will accept and that will then put them onto full time training which will be great in the long run.

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

6c8cac2ed948bf24d0fb87b9fe351603.png

Edited by B.W.G

Ex-player Tracker

53afbbfd860ee3461d14fb294b4a7402.png

These are the three players who didn't get kept on from my first intake,nice to see that two of them have found new clubs and both are in the Costa Rica lower divisions.I generally doubt they will become anything major that will interest me in signing them back but it will be nice to see how my ex-players get on in the future.

Escopriones Turn Professional!

461a96ff000c21abc65be6d533a3947b.png

That's the first step to domination in Costa Rica,with this we can now offer full time contracts and this will help the players developments by having a much better training schedule.The increased amount of staff is actually disappointing,we can hire one more person and that is a Head of Sports Science.

Escorpiones - Liga Promercia - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Profile - General - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Nothing to see here so move along as literally nothing changed in regards to transfers and players were released.Quietest pre-season ever!

Pre-Season Fixtures

31440a164e5d1bea5143ecd1adcffde9.png

It looks like a real mixed bag of results but in all honesty things kept getting disrupted due to injuries to several players so it wasn't out best in regard to getting match sharpness and having better condition going into the new season.On the plus side it was great to see Vasquez getting on the scoresheet for the first team,technically he is the first youth player to do so but let's see if he can do it in the actual season.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

3d7f7ce6be45ac695fae6028e0cd132f.pnge6f422b8c9671f81d4c0b5de3f3e89b7.png

Juan Arguedas

Jason Reyes

Pablo Morera

Miguel Campos

Anthony Jimenez

Manager's Thoughts

Not really much to say overall as not much happened during pre-season,the only thing to note is that we turned professional and that will be beneficial in the long run.The potential takeover never happened as the chairman quashed all rumours regarding that topic and his status is back to "loves the club" so I doubt we will see anything about a takeover for a while. Financially things have improved for us as we currently sit at £117k in the bank,with an improvement like that you would think the board would be kind and give me a bigger wage budget but nope I have a wage budget of £2,358 p.w and I am spending £3,764 p.w so I am over it by quite a bit.Only other to note is star striker and biggest pain in the ass for the team Miguel Campos and decided he isn't renewing his contract and will be considering his options,if I had any other decent strikers then I would of kicked him to the curb,if some one offered me £50k for him then I'd sell him as that is the top end of his value range.

As for this season,it is all about trying to survive as I doubt we will make any sort of title challenge considering our odds for the title are 2000-1!Looking at last season,44 points was enough for survival so if I can get to that then that should be us safe as that works out to 1 point a game for this season as we will be playing 44 times and with their only being one relegation spot,that does make surviving a bit more straight forward as all we have to do is be better than one team.It's a shame though that we start the season off with a trip to the reigning champions Herediano,I wish I could of asked for an easier first fixture but at least it's out of the way for now.Time to see if we can survive in top flight or at worse go down fighting!

Edited by B.W.G

July 2022

Fixtures

452ecad582472acfab1270a295ad988a.png

Table

9c1773c75ecbca8e512568ae652f5ece.png

Well that went better than I expected as we picked up eight points from twelve and we finished the month in third although it is highly unlikely we will stay there.The fact that Herediano failed to beat us is on them as they missed a lot of challenges,the win against San Carlos was against ten men while we hung on for a draw against Santos (CRC) after Walter Monge was sent off in the first half.The good news out of the month is that Campos and Vasquez from last seasons intake have made their debuts for the first team,the bad news is that Miguel Campos played up again after the match against Santos,he was told he can rot in the u21 and he was actually moved there automatically after I said that,luckily we won the match after all this happened.

August is a month from hell as we are playing eight times and three of these games are horrific as we are facing Saprissa,Guadalipe and Alajuelense during the month,luckily we should be able to pick up some points as we are facing Perez Zeledon and Jicaral-Sercoba in that same period.If we can continue to be way outside the relegation spot then I will be really happy with that.

2 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Nice start to the new season :thup:

I also think you should sell Miguel Campos out of the club.

He's gone,sold him to San Carlos for £37k up front with it possibly going up to £54k,if we can get the full amount then we would achieve a fee that was above the top end of his value range,the top end was £50k.

August 2022

Fixtures

8de98e5439c8e69e048c9bb19f2761fc.png

Table

8b4f074bcb25e269370e789e01525ecc.png

Well was certainly a long month and I think we did really well in it as we picked up fifteen points from twenty four and we finished the month in third place.I do believe that some of the teams have been underestimating us as both Alajuelense and Saprissa had more than enough chances to finish us off but they didn't,I don't believe we should of got a point from either of these matches.Surprisingly it was Sporting FC who handed us our first loss of the season but a plus from that match was Gomez scoring on his debut.It was also brilliant to see Vasquez net a couple of goals as well as my youth products have had some sort of impact.We did have one outgoing and that was Bastos being sold to San Carlos,I have no issues with the sale as he was a nightmare to deal with and I got last laugh as we beat him in the last game of the month.

September is a much quieter month as we only play five times,these matches will be against Herediano,Santos (CRC),Grecia FC,Alajuelense and Guadalupe.I'm not expecting anything from the games against Herediano and Alajuelense as I am expecting to kick it into another gear and start pulling away from the rest of us.I generally believe we can get results against the other teams but I'm not going to be making any targets as it's a case of wait and see what happens as at the minute we do have a very good lead over Perez Zeledon but that may change if we hit a very bad patch of form.

September 2022

Fixtures

98d0c59a773df03f1c6549c620d90a46.png

Table

74d5989dd24a4171f97fbabed2c2c581.png

Well this is the challenge I was expecting when I started this save,we picked up four points from fifteen as we slipped to fourth place but we are still sixteen points clear of the relegation zone.Of the three defeats,the one against Guadalupe was avoidable as we received a red card from a stupid challenge and we couldn't hold out for anything as they took advantage of the numbers.We were lucky to only conceded one to Herediano and Alajuelense as they could of scored more.The Grecia draw was our own fault as we failed to take our chances and it cost us two points in the end but at least we had a really good win against Santos (CRC).

We have seven games in October and we have two difficult games in the league against Saprissa and San Carlos but the other five games we are playing are all winnable as we have games against three of the bottom four teams so if we can pick up some wins there then that will be massive to our survival chances but I think we will only need to pick up seven points from twenty seven games to ensure safety.

October 2022

Fixtures

4eb4029e295958fde0c01dedaff6b338.png

League Table

bdaea7d2dddfbd82429720e6ef45c08a.png

The inconsistency continue as we picked up eleven points  from twenty one and we dropped to fifth place but I am pretty confident in saying that we are safe and will be in this division next season.I can't complain about the losses to Saprissa and San Carlos as we struggled against both teams while I am surprised we got a point against Cartagines as they were the better side,this match did see Catasso net a debut brace.We did pick up three necessary wins and that has opened up a 21 point lead over the relegation zone and with twenty games left to play then I am confident in saying we are safe.

After the really busy start to the season,November seems a bit tame as we are only playing two games and they are against Santos (CRC) and Herediano,I think we could get something against Santos but Herediano are more than likely going to be too strong for us,if we can keep the score low then that would be great as they are the top scorers in the league.

Youth Intake Preview

20ac73e9dcee1c6f087f589eacca73d9.png

The Good

96cd33d47904c48baeb36f1d507f2a67.png

I am really happy with this part of the preview as we need a goalkeeper and a striker so that is great to see.For the wingers and full backs,I have specific ones I would like and that is an AMR for winger and a DL for the full back as we are lacking depth in those areas.

No need for bad as this is just ugly!

bda30cd0177250ee670a02234580aac1.png

The second half on my preview and oh boy does it stink!

November 2022

Fixtures

a35057e1020c0678765c55de58920006.png

Table

c4843b44a94565fbde31e94dc875d70f.png

We picked up four points from two games as we stayed in fifth place in the league so I am really happy with how November went.It looks like we scored two late goals to get the four points but the Nunez goal against Santos was actually us scoring the opener and we then conceded in the 86th minute which was really annoying.The win against Herediano was sensational as we were the second best team throughout the match and we scored the winner in injury time,fully enjoyed the winner and seeing the opposition squandering a lot of chances.

Two more games in December and we will be facing Alajuelense and Guadalupe,it's a tough month but all we can do is try our best and see if we can get something from either game although the Guadalupe match is the more likely for us to get something from.

8 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Very good/bad vibes about that intake.

Hopefully the goalie is good

I have the same vibes about it,the better players look like they could be great while the bad could be really bad and leaves me short in defence and that would be a problem as a couple of defenders have their contracts up at the end of the season and I can't afford to renew them.

With how bad my current goalkeepers are,I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in as our best keeper in the team :lol: 

December 2022

Fixtures

3a6065cfe9eadec547c094c064f280ea.png

Table

b9f5ba1b1e634c8c05487f83b85ed04d.png

Two games and two draws as we finished the calendar year off in fifth place.I can honestly say we didn't deserve the draw against Alajuelense as they were by far the better team but Calvo popped up out of nowhere as we stole a point from the league leaders.As for the match against Guadalupe,I am surprised and really happy we managed to get a point as we finished the game with ten men due to Walter Monge receiving his third red card of the season,lucky for me the opposition were terrible at shooting on the day.My managerial skills have finally gotten some recognition as I turned down five interview offers from Argentina,one from Morocco and one from Japan.

We kick the new year off with five games to play,during January we will be facing off against Perez Zeledon,Caragines,Jicaral-Sercoba,Saprissa and Herediano.It's a pretty tough month for us and the only matches where I am really expecting something are in the games against Perez Zeledon and Jicaral-Sercoba as they are two of the weaker teams in the league.I don't think we will get anything from the games against Saprissa and Herediano so there isn't any pressure on us to succeed while the game against Cartagines is too close for us to call but if we can pick up six points then that will be enough for guaranteed safety as that could give us a thirty point lead over bottom place.

January 2023

Fixtures

c6e7da1c4ca49591e85adfa06ee59ba9.png

Table

91ed91d39571aaffc7c14442d8db0e40.png

I'm happy with what we did in January as we picked up ten points from fifteen.It was great to see the we managed to get three wins and I was really impressed with how we started in all three games as all six goals came in the first half.Not a lot to say about the Saprissa match as the better team won,we were 1-0 down when right back Campos got his marching orders and that made a difficult job into an extremely difficulty job.The surprising result of the month was the 0-0 draw against Herediano,the reason why it was surprising was that we had three players suspended along with three players injured so it was nowhere near my full strength team.We're still in fifth come the end of the month but we are still in the hunt for a Champions playoff spot.

February will see us play four times and we will be facing Sporting FC,San Carlos,Santos (CRC) and Alajuelense.I believe we can get something from the matches against Santos and Sporting,if we don't beat Sporting then I will be really disappointed as they have by far the worse defence in the league.I'm not really expecting anything from the matches against Alajuelense and San Carlos as they have much better quality than us but I know if we can get momentum in a match then we could surprise them.I'm not going to be setting any targets as we have already met my aim of survival so I am just preparing for my next intake and next season.

On 19/11/2021 at 07:18, Sonic Youth said:

Forms been decent for the players you have.

Going to be interesting to see the upcoming you intake after that preview :onmehead:

It dropped off a bit in February as we only won one in four but we still managed to keep fourth place!

It's certainly going to be a weird intake after that preview.