- Level 7 Data

- Level 8 Data

- Level 9 Data

- Level 10 Data

- League Cups

- Work On League Implementation

Edited by Rainbowz

On 12/11/2021 at 15:17, Ozvaldez said:

Hoorah, glad to see you back Rainbowz.  I hope the editor is kinder to Wales this year

Well promotion from the Ardal Leagues into the Cymru North/South works out of the box, so it's already 100 times better than last year.

Edited by Rainbowz

@Rainbowz I've been working on something similar this last week (as I played on a Level 10 welsh data about 3 FM's ago not sure if it was yours?). Although I'll admit it's been a while since I've done a proper Advanced Editor version (I've kept alot of notes from it) when I dd a level 10 england one and I suspect you are miles ahead of me regarding club data input.

Knowing you are attempting this I'm tempted to not spend too long on the club data editing now (just get the essential basics set up) and to focus more on getting the sturcture right, promotions & relegations below Ardal leagues in the hope I can get it all working, which I can pass on to you for your more comprehensive database.

On 16/11/2021 at 12:56, Schume said:

@Rainbowz I've been working on something similar this last week (as I played on a Level 10 welsh data about 3 FM's ago not sure if it was yours?). Although I'll admit it's been a while since I've done a proper Advanced Editor version (I've kept alot of notes from it) when I dd a level 10 england one and I suspect you are miles ahead of me regarding club data input.

Knowing you are attempting this I'm tempted to not spend too long on the club data editing now (just get the essential basics set up) and to focus more on getting the sturcture right, promotions & relegations below Ardal leagues in the hope I can get it all working, which I can pass on to you for your more comprehensive database.

That would be a good idea. I'm rubbish with the Advanced Editor (which is what caused me to shelve my DB last year) but love the data side of it, so being able to get the data right then leave the structural stuff to you could be ideal.

I'm a while off sorting the data though. There's a lot wrong with the current DB, so it's trying to set that right before creating the missing stuff.

On 17/11/2021 at 13:01, Rainbowz said:

That would be a good idea. I'm rubbish with the Advanced Editor (which is what caused me to shelve my DB last year) but love the data side of it, so being able to get the data right then leave the structural stuff to you could be ideal.

I'm a while off sorting the data though. There's a lot wrong with the current DB, so it's trying to set that right before creating the missing stuff.

Yes I noticed that too, got certain divisions/leagues at the wrong level which was worrying! Some of the divisions still had teams set from years ago, some of the teams are there but hard to find like that CKSC AFC but its under Calsonic Kalsei.

20 hours ago, ScottyBrown1992 said:

@Rainbowz how you getting on with this? I’d love to get my hands on this database! 

Tbh, progress is slow as I want this DB to be as perfect as possible, which means sourcing accurate information for teams that are basically a step up from pub leagues (and some which are). Balancing this with a 9-5 job and livestreaming I do is awkward, so I do bits when I can. I'm confident of having something out by the end of the year, though.

5 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Tbh, progress is slow as I want this DB to be as perfect as possible, which means sourcing accurate information for teams that are basically a step up from pub leagues (and some which are). Balancing this with a 9-5 job and livestreaming I do is awkward, so I do bits when I can. I'm confident of having something out by the end of the year, though.

If you've not got the Cymru Football app that's available on all good smartphones, I'd recommend it, it's got every competition and club on there.

I've got a list of teams from there. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, fm22 man welsh ini said:

have u finished this yet?

On 19/11/2021 at 13:28, Rainbowz said:

I don't know exactly how useful this might be, but, I have compiled a spreadsheet of the geographical co-ordinates of the stadiums in Wales (I started compiling it for an FM 2020 save, thinking it might fix the North clubs being promoted to the South, and vice versa. It didn't, but I ended up using it as the basis of a Google Earth file to amuse my friends. They were amused).

I have tried to get it as accurate and up-to-date as possible, using data from the Comet app and Football Ground Map. I've gone as far down the system as I can with what information I can find (it's spotty between Steps 6-10), and there will be gaps.

It's probably a massive waste of time, but, thought I would share it here. I posted an older version on the Wales Data Issues thread, but have corrected mistakes and updated information on this later file.

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long.xlsx

2 hours ago, BiggieEllefson said:

I don't know exactly how useful this might be, but, I have compiled a spreadsheet of the geographical co-ordinates of the stadiums in Wales (I started compiling it for an FM 2020 save, thinking it might fix the North clubs being promoted to the South, and vice versa. It didn't, but I ended up using it as the basis of a Google Earth file to amuse my friends. They were amused).

I have tried to get it as accurate and up-to-date as possible, using data from the Comet app and Football Ground Map. I've gone as far down the system as I can with what information I can find (it's spotty between Steps 6-10), and there will be gaps.

It's probably a massive waste of time, but, thought I would share it here. I posted an older version on the Wales Data Issues thread, but have corrected mistakes and updated information on this later file.

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long.xlsx 64.33 kB · 1 download

Holy **** that's incredible! Getting the correct grounds for teams has been a nightmare for me as only a few teams have information regarding grounds that are readily available. This is a massive, massive help, thanks!

Just an update as I don't give them as much as I should. I'm finished up to Level 6 data and I'm a bit through Level 7 data. Level 7-8 are the most time-consuming though, as there are about 20 leagues altogether, all which need almost every single team creating in them. Progress is definitely picking up though.

Also I occasionally post updates on my Twitter. I usually just use it for Twitch streaming though, so no pressure to follow or anything. Link here

Edited by Rainbowz

9 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Holy **** that's incredible! Getting the correct grounds for teams has been a nightmare for me as only a few teams have information regarding grounds that are readily available. This is a massive, massive help, thanks!

As I said to you the other week, use the comet app, it’s got all the information you need.

Duplicate teams and competitions to make it easier as well so you don’t have to click on add every time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2021 at 22:26, Jamaicaman90 said:

I've been checking in daily on this thread for a while. Willing you on for a partial release before the New Year!

Currently working on getting a Level 6 DB out soon. I'm working with someone far better at setting up league rules than me to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - we're still working on getting the DB working. The promotion/relegation logic is a bit more awkward than we expected. Organizing regional playoffs between leagues which don't immediately break after the first season is kinda tricky. FMs logic for team sorting still isn't great, so trying to set things up so leagues don't end up with low amounts of teams is crucial. Plus, it turned out my data was slightly wrong so had to go back and tweak a few things. Aiming for a Level 6 release soon though.

Edited by Rainbowz

Just to back Rainbowz up, I'm currently working with the initial file to get the Advanced Rules working (as it won't under Basic Rules) given it's a bit of an awkward pyramid where promotion and relegations are different at the varying levels of pyramid. I'm just having fun trying to sort the 1 promotion place at Level 5 to the West Wales League from 4 divisions which is causing me a bit of a headache. Once I get past this I feel we are cooking on gas for a Level 6 file as I've spent a lot of time over Xmas tidying up Stadiums and regional divisions for all the teams and leagues to make sure I stop weird League movements given Level 4 to 6 don't have a fixed amount of teams in each division/league as this tends to be a huge bug bear of mine and I guess many who play the game for it's accuracy. The rest of the pyramid from Level 7 down to Level 10 I think should follow quite easily once I've got the 6 levels nailed on fingers crossed. 

On 03/01/2022 at 13:15, Rainbowz said:

Just an update - we're still working on getting the DB working. The promotion/relegation logic is a bit more awkward than we expected. Organizing regional playoffs between leagues which don't immediately break after the first season is kinda tricky. FMs logic for team sorting still isn't great, so trying to set things up so leagues don't end up with low amounts of teams is crucial. Plus, it turned out my data was slightly wrong so had to go back and tweak a few things. Aiming for a Level 6 release soon though.

Could you not use the portugal 4th div setup for promotion as a base and modify it? I know in fm17 there was a scottish DB that only 1 club went to the scottish league 2 through a playoff system. like winners of the 2 divs played off then faced bottom of l2 to promote.

hope my ideas help :)

18 hours ago, dashi112 said:

Could you not use the portugal 4th div setup for promotion as a base and modify it? I know in fm17 there was a scottish DB that only 1 club went to the scottish league 2 through a playoff system. like winners of the 2 divs played off then faced bottom of l2 to promote.

hope my ideas help :)

It's not so much that we don't know how it works, it's more that it's really awkward to implement and get working consistently. We know how it's supposed to work, but wrangling the editor to do what we want is another thing altogether.

9 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

It's not so much that we don't know how it works, it's more that it's really awkward to implement and get working consistently. We know how it's supposed to work, but wrangling the editor to do what we want is another thing altogether.

Well I've tried to sort the West Wales Prem out so will have to test to see if it works, but been fiddling with the Welsh Cup and Trophy competitions to get it working as it should. Think I've set it up right but will have to test to see now, getting there slowly anyway!

Out of interest (and absolutely not a demand, I know how hard you guys are working on this already), are you going to implement the FAW Reserve Leagues? It would certainly make long terms saves in Wales a lot easier to manage in terms of squads, and it seems like a shame SI have missed it.

It seems like the teams in it each season would be made up of the reserves for clubs competing in the top three tiers, as that's the FAW's current jurisdiction. I don't know if dynamically having teams join and leave those divisions due to promotion/relegation of the senior sides is feasible or not.

On 16/01/2022 at 23:55, Jamaicaman90 said:

Out of interest (and absolutely not a demand, I know how hard you guys are working on this already), are you going to implement the FAW Reserve Leagues? It would certainly make long terms saves in Wales a lot easier to manage in terms of squads, and it seems like a shame SI have missed it.

It seems like the teams in it each season would be made up of the reserves for clubs competing in the top three tiers, as that's the FAW's current jurisdiction. I don't know if dynamically having teams join and leave those divisions due to promotion/relegation of the senior sides is feasible or not.

I'll have to look into it, I need to look at Reserves as a general. It's quite difficult because some teams have a reserve team that play in both a reserve league and a lower league but under the same team.

I want to get the main bit right first then I'l work on improving the rest. I'll need to look at Cymru Football app to see where all the reserve leagues are.

As an update I had to rebuild it as the file I was working on originally kept crashing when I wanted to verify so had to re input alot of Rainbowz data as well as stuff I had spent days working on. But I'm building it up level by level this time with advanced rules from almost a blank canvas. So far so good got the top 4 verified as I wanted it to. Nearly tied off Tier 5 once I finish the West Wales Premier Promotion playoffs from the 4 leagues below it. Then Tier 6 should be really quick. At this point I'll make sure I get the Welsh Cup and Trophy working (as it should). Then I'll work on Level 7 as thats the hardest one to do 8 to 10 will be very quick after that. Then I'll do all the leagues cups. Should hopefully have it done by Feb.

34 minutes ago, Schume said:

I want to get the main bit right first then I'l work on improving the rest. I'll need to look at Cymru Football app to see where all the reserve leagues are.

Search for FAW Reserve and they’ll appear. Reserve leagues for the lower leagues are there when you search for the main leagues.

54 minutes ago, Schume said:

I'll have to look into it, I need to look at Reserves as a general. It's quite difficult because some teams have a reserve team that play in both a reserve league and a lower league but under the same team.

As an update I had to rebuild it as the file I was working on originally kept crashing when I wanted to verify so had to re input alot of Rainbowz data as well as stuff I had spent days working on. But I'm building it up level by level this time with advanced rules from almost a blank canvas. So far so good got the top 4 verified as I wanted it to. Nearly tied off Tier 5 once I finish the West Wales Premier Promotion playoffs from the 4 leagues below it. Then Tier 6 should be really quick. At this point I'll make sure I get the Welsh Cup and Trophy working (as it should). Then I'll work on Level 7 as thats the hardest one to do 8 to 10 will be very quick after that. Then I'll do all the leagues cups. Should hopefully have it done by Feb.

Incredible stuff - it's a shame that the editor is as finniky as it is.

I've tried to get SI to fix the SPFL Trust Trophy with no real luck. I mentioned a potential setup in there, in case it's any help to you (as I guess the top flight playoffs have to go somewhere?). I think because it's a Scottish tournament though it would need to be a separate supporting editor file, and I wouldn't blame you for feeling you've got enough to be looking at.

My advanced rules knowledge is lacking, but my basic editor stuff is OK, and I'd be willing to try to get my head round the former in needed - messages are open should you need more people-hours in it and it would take some weight off your shoulders. If it's easier for you to go at it alone then best of luck, all I can say is I'm looking forward to the final result!

To back up Schume, the logic side of this has been a nightmare - somehow even worse than it was last year. The editor seems 10 times stricter, which is good for meaning that if a DB is verified, it'll likely actually work. But it's bad because when it doesn't verify, trying to find what's wrong is like finding a needle in a haystack and often advanced rules are anything but intuitive. 

We should have something out next month, but the experience of this is really burning me out on the Editor. I can barely look at the thing now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 17:56, FCUtdWill said:

If you've not got the Cymru Football app that's available on all good smartphones, I'd recommend it, it's got every competition and club on there.

I've got a list of teams from there. 

It's pretty epic - also has a massive player Db, if only I could work out how to scrape it, I'm even in there and I haven't kicked a ball in competitive football in Wales since 2003!

Interested in this as I've been doing my own Welsh db for the past 8 or so years, but every time I get close to finishing it they launch another version of FM or restructure the bl00dy leagues, and of course there's only so much twitter surfing you could do to get kit colours and ground locations, all of which I created (along with my old local parks pitches for the bottom divisions).

Got as far as 13 tiers including Newport & District Third Division a few years back with Sunday teams filtering in from a hidden pool of extra clubs, but the regional promotion/relegation drift wound me up a bit, and then the Npt and Dist shrunk so only about 11 tiers was possible, and then they siphoned up the Welsh League into the Ardals too and lost another tier there - as well as clubs I'd created 5 years ago now being in the game by default.

Plus almost every team I ever played for no longer exists as of a couple of seasons ago or has merged into others, eg Christchurch-Hamdden-Villa Dino-Graig and Pill AFC/Newport YMCA merging. so even my trick of updating Date of Birth for the 50-odd ex-teammates leaves them with no-where to play.

Anyway, good luck - the team/stadium Editor Generation tool on here for creating XML was really useful last year when I decided to start rebuilding the whole thing from scratch, too!

On 25/12/2021 at 18:42, PatrickReynolds said:

Just got a Rogerstone AFC kit as a mystery kit for Xmas, so can't wait for this to be out! Thanks for taking this on.

Boooooooooooooooo!  :lol: Except the Tiny Rebel bit, that's alright.

@Schume @Rainbowz based on the difficulties you're having, would some extra people-hours help? I've got through a few long-standing personal responsibilities that means I now have more free time, and I'm happy to donate some of it to research/testing/trial-and-error editing if it would help get the project finished and also help you both avoid burnout.

On 07/12/2021 at 20:05, BiggieEllefson said:

Wales Stadiums Lat-Long.xlsx 64.33 kB · 9 downloads

Cheers for sharing, can never get too much handily formatted info that might be of use. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Heads up - I've read through the changelog for the winter update and there are a few things relating to Welsh format structures and rules.

Thanks, I'm going to have to contrast and compare the format and rule changes. I've had some issues which was making veryfying difficult, I keep having some weird issue regarding the european playoffs in Wales despite the fact I've not changed a thing, and nobody in the Advanced Rules wants to reply! I'm hoping this update could have fixed this.

I will need to see what they have also done to the Welsh Cup, hopefully they have done it in the way I had redesigned. I'm just struggling for time at the minute, with my workload going up. I might have to start from scratch with the changes but at least I have roughly everything down as template, so just need a mad couple of days to basically replicate it.

Also the chap who did the Stadiums and Locations above has really helped to be fair!

7 minutes ago, Schume said:

Thanks, I'm going to have to contrast and compare the format and rule changes. I've had some issues which was making veryfying difficult, I keep having some weird issue regarding the european playoffs in Wales despite the fact I've not changed a thing, and nobody in the Advanced Rules wants to reply! I'm hoping this update could have fixed this.

I will need to see what they have also done to the Welsh Cup, hopefully they have done it in the way I had redesigned. I'm just struggling for time at the minute, with my workload going up. I might have to start from scratch with the changes but at least I have roughly everything down as template, so just need a mad couple of days to basically replicate it.

Also the chap who did the Stadiums and Locations above has really helped to be fair!

Yeah, it must be a tricky one.

I've had a direct message from one of the Welsh researchers that they're currently working through a number of suggestions I made in the Data Issues (Wales) thread: 

As some of those suggestions included things like the FAW Youth League, FAW Reserve League and FAW Youth Cup entrants, there might be more structure changes to come - if you're struggling with workload, it might be worth taking a couple of weeks off until the Final Winter Update comes out next month? Especially if you're talking about going from scratch.

3 hours ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Yeah, it must be a tricky one.

I've had a direct message from one of the Welsh researchers that they're currently working through a number of suggestions I made in the Data Issues (Wales) thread: 

As some of those suggestions included things like the FAW Youth League, FAW Reserve League and FAW Youth Cup entrants, there might be more structure changes to come - if you're struggling with workload, it might be worth taking a couple of weeks off until the Final Winter Update comes out next month? Especially if you're talking about going from scratch.

Thanks pal, yeah I'm gonna keep going anyway as I need to test things like league cups. As you can see the lower down you go the leagues don't have a set number of teams (especially as the pyramid branches out in South Wales) so I need to check if the various lower league cups works properly when there is lateral movement and the numbers in divisions change. Most leagues are set to a min of 8 and max of 16 teams. I also want to add level 7 to my current file to see if I can get the 8 leagues with 1 promotion bit working, as it took me ages to get the West Wales promotion playoff right, I'm going to check the same logic work the same just with 4 extra teams and an extra round - making the fates alot bigger!)

I'm hoping once the final update is complete with all the Level 7 and below (plus Stadiums/Cities) team/league data set it's just a case of whacking through the advanced rules on what I've done so far so it shouldn't take long to fly through each bit logically and cleanly.

I think for FM23 I think the data all of us have produced here needs to be considered and taken into the game database, to save us all the hours of tiring work next year, to the point I should just be doing the advanced rules bit.

1 hour ago, Schume said:

Thanks pal, yeah I'm gonna keep going anyway as I need to test things like league cups. As you can see the lower down you go the leagues don't have a set number of teams (especially as the pyramid branches out in South Wales) so I need to check if the various lower league cups works properly when there is lateral movement and the numbers in divisions change. Most leagues are set to a min of 8 and max of 16 teams. I also want to add level 7 to my current file to see if I can get the 8 leagues with 1 promotion bit working, as it took me ages to get the West Wales promotion playoff right, I'm going to check the same logic work the same just with 4 extra teams and an extra round - making the fates alot bigger!)

I'm hoping once the final update is complete with all the Level 7 and below (plus Stadiums/Cities) team/league data set it's just a case of whacking through the advanced rules on what I've done so far so it shouldn't take long to fly through each bit logically and cleanly.

I think for FM23 I think the data all of us have produced here needs to be considered and taken into the game database, to save us all the hours of tiring work next year, to the point I should just be doing the advanced rules bit.

Appreciate all the work going into this. Do you anticipate a partial release of some kind in the near future?

3 hours ago, Schume said:

Fair enough! Best of luck, and I'm keeping my offer open if you ever want someone to put a fresh pair of eyes on it to troubleshoot, or be your programming 'rubber duck'.

@Colorado - in case the quoted post is of interest to you.

On 25/02/2022 at 20:09, LTEV said:

Appreciate all the work going into this. Do you anticipate a partial release of some kind in the near future?

No clue. The data was extremely incomplete and the Welsh database is one of the hardest to implement due to the weird playoff systems, league changes and whatnot. IRL, the leagues are very flexible and can change team numbers, promotion places and relegation places on a whim to ensure that leagues always have teams. Obviously this is impossible in FM, and throughout testing across the years I've always ran into issues where the DB would break after a few years because a league somewhere in the pyramid wouldn't have enough teams.

I really, really want to get something, anything out but getting this thing working is like ramming my head into a wall. Schume has pretty much taken over the entirety of the project as I'm almost completely burned out on it. It's just not fun running into countless errors I barely understand, it's really killed my love for database creating.

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 23:45, Jamaicaman90 said:

Just checking in, is there anything I can do to help?

You're best off messaging Schume about it, they're doing the work on the back end rules and whatnot. I'm sure they can give you the file on what they've done so far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/04/2022 at 23:13, Phazon01 said:

Is this ever going to be released in some form? even if its just the top few divisions it'd be better than nothing

Funny you mention that...

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM22] [WIP] Welsh Lower League Database - Basic Level 6 DB Released