[FM22] The Great San Marino Challenge

After a few years in an awkward situation, the San Marino challenge is making a comeback! Following the demise of the old San Marino Calcio in 2019 and the awkwardness of editing/removing Cattolica, a new team was formed in July this year. It is called Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Victor San Marino or A.S.D.V. San Marino, for short.

image.png.80463f337d4d0408e14248992de87017.png

The club will be entering into the Eccellenza (5th tier) of Italian football.

The club will play at the Stadio di Acquaviva, which is also home to SS Virtus and the San Marino Academy Women’s team – not at the national stadium and home of the old SM calcio, surprisingly.

image.png.9906f4f748935ace13691beeab24f44e.png

from corriereromagna.it

This challenge entails winning the World Cup with the San Marino National Team, while using A.S.D.V. San Marino and/or a team in the San Marino domestic league  to help develop players from the nation. There will be intermediate goals on the route to this, too

image.png.237b65845e1c3b64b387a3e4c055da20.png

Things you will need to download

·         You will need an Italian leagues database that goes to at least level 5, and you will need a database for the San Marino domestic league. We are all going to use, and reccomend, the excellent databases by @claassen . However, if you have already started / want to use others (provided they are reasonable) that's fine too.

C    Classen San Marino; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651624557
Classen Italy; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2652582982

Optional

There is a pack by @Handyfernandy  with custom home and away kits in, find here; https://community.sigames.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=540801&key=32c93a321df53982489a2febeadf1eef

or, you could use my pack (made for FM21 orginally, but should work) which has different home, away and third kit, badges and a stadium pic for those that use skins that use these, here; san marino.rar

Or, you could use this pack by @HHUK, which has the "official" 2D and 3D kits of A.S.D.V. ; https://www.mediafire.com/file/792jb70yee0w1nm/SanMarino.rar/file

·         Strongly recommend logo and kitpacks (I’m using TCM and SS packs – but cant find any kits for other teams in tier 5), you might also want to use a regen facepack (i'm going to use Zealand's)

Of course, if you are using any other methods/databases/versions of FM you are more than welcome to post here! - the old threads for previous versions will remain.

Rules and Instructions

To have the option to manage the San Marino National Team you MUST select the "Advanced" option on the database size screen; and then go to nations, San Marino and make sure "load all players of nationality" is ticked or you'll be unable to take control of the National Team. This must be done when selecting leagues at the start of the save.  You have the choice of managing the National Team from the start of the save, or not. I strongly recommend adding players to playable teams.

Don't use the in-game editor or genie scout.  No changes in the pre-game editor other than those needed to make the challenge possible. EXCEPTION; Real name changes are allowed, I hate playing without them

Profile and tactics are up to you, but no save scumming. Extra points for funny names.

You can approach the rise to Serie A as you see fit.  To make this tough challenge harder, you are quite welcome to go for a Youth only challenge, sign Sammarinese players only - or sign whoever you want.  At some point, the club will need to focus on developing Sammarinese talent from the youth system to feed the National Team.  Developing the youth system is tough early in the save, as the club's finances aren't great.

Please post updates in this thread - tag me with a screenshot as evidence and I'll update achievements.  A few targets on the way are in the posts below, hopefully to keep things interesting as the World Cup is some distance away at the start of the save!  Likewise, tag me if you are bowing out, and I'll make a note of your final status - getting the club to Serie A would still be a massive achievement after all!

I recommend you make a list of achievements in a table or something at the bottom of your posts, too, in case I am unable to update the list.

Be friendly and good luck!

p.s.

The legacy achievements people made in older versions of FM remain in @duesouth's earlier thread https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/496311-fm20-fm19-the-great-san-marino-challenge/

p.p.s.

yes, I did use the old post as a template for this one

Edited by 6499red

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

National team

Win a game: @deadfncat @The Regista @duesouth @Handyfernandy @TacticalGenius @north_london_fan @Giveit2Giroud @TheJonsterMonster @Torresinho @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Sageda @RedAjay @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade @Thomassje123

Win a competitive game (inlcudes  Nations League): @deadfncat @The Regista @duesouth @Handyfernandy @TacticalGenius @north_london_fan @Giveit2Giroud @TheJonsterMonster @Torresinho @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Sageda @RedAjay @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade @Thomassje123

Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record: @TacticalGenius @Ronaldo Beckham @The Regista @RedAjay@Handyfernandy @CBunting6 @DaveDurden1989 @Thomassje123

Have a player score 50 international goals:

Have a player score 100 international goals:

Have a new gen reach 100 caps:

Have a player score a hat-trick in a game: @deadfncat @The Regista @TacticalGenius @robterrace @Ronaldo Beckham @CBunting6 @darthfade @DaveDurden1989 @Thomassje123

Beat a team ranked in the top 50 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 150 in the world: @TacticalGenius

Get San Marino into the top 100 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 50 of the world:

Get promoted from Nations League D: @deadfncat @TacticalGenius @duesouth @CBunting6

Get promoted from Nations League C:

Get promoted from Nations League B:

Qualify for the European Championship: @TacticalGenius

Qualify for the World Cup:

Survive group stage in the European Championship: @TacticalGenius

Survive group stage in the World Cup:

Win the Nations League:

Win the European Championships:

Win the World Cup:

Become the number one ranked team in the world:

Thanks to @Thomassje123 for collating.

Edited by 6499red

Victor San Marino

Get promotion from the Eccelenza: @deadfncat @LUFCspeni @Handyfernandy @Rainbowz @6499red @TheJonsterMonster @The Regista @Sageda @footballmanagerryanduckett @TacticalGenius@Torresinho @FabioSilva @Oscar Skrt @duesouth @Boyd The Beast @djwillster @DaveDurden1989 @CBunting6 @darthfade

Win the Emila-Romagna Cup: @The Regista @FabioSilva @Boyd The Beast @djwillster @DaveDurden1989

Win the Dillettanti Cup: @The Regista @FabioSilva @DaveDurden1989

Get promotion from the Serie D: @LUFCspeni @deadfncat @Sageda @TacticalGenius @FabioSilva @TheJonsterMonster @6499red @Handyfernandy @duesouth @CBunting6 @DaveDurden1989 @djwillster

Win the Serie D Cup: @TheJonsterMonster

Win the Serie D poule Scudetto: @CBunting6

Win the Serie D play-outs: @CBunting6

Get promotion from the Serie C: @deadfncat @TacticalGenius @LUFCspeni @Sageda @FabioSilva @Handyfernandy @duesouth @darthfade @CBunting6

Win the Serie C Cup:

Win the Serie C Super Cup: @TacticalGenius @FabioSilva

Get promotion from the Serie B: @TacticalGenius @deadfncat @LUFCspeni @Sageda @duesouth

Avoid relegation in the Serie A in the first season: @TacticalGenius @LUFCspeni @deadfncat

Have a club youth product score 20+ goals in the Serie A:

Have a youth product win player of the year in the Serie A:

Qualify for Europe: @TacticalGenius @Sageda

Win manager of the year in the Serie A:

Win the Coppa Italia: @TacticalGenius

Win the Super Cup:

Win the Serie A:

Go undefeated in the Serie A:

Field a starting XI of your own youth product:

Win a European Qualifiying game (Europa League, Conference League and Champions League all counts): @TacticalGenius

Qualify for the group stage of the Conference League:

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League: @TacticalGenius @Sageda

Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League: @TacticalGenius @TheJonsterMonster

Survive the group stage of the Conference League:

Survive the group stage of the Europa League: @TacticalGenius

Survive the group stage of the Champions League:

Win the Conference League:

Win the Europa League: @TacticalGenius

Win the Champions League:

Win the Serie A with a squad of only Sanmarinese players:

Win the Champions League with a squad of only San Marinese players:

Edited by 6499red

Team in Sanmarinese League

Qualify for the Champions playoff: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49

Qualify for the Champions playoff final: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @ineptmarigold49

Win the Champions Playoff and the League: @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @ineptmarigold49

Qualify for Europe: @north_london_fan @Lefurjah @robterrace @Thomassje123 @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49

Win the San Marino Cup: @north_london_fan @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @RedAjay @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the San Marino super Cup: @Lefurjah @north_london_fan @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the double: @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Win the trebe: @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth @Thomassje123

Go undefeated in the League (including playoff): @Lefurjah @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123

Have one of your youth products score 15+ goals in a season:

Have one of your youth products win player of the year in San Marino

Field a starting XI of your own youth products:

Win a European Qualifying game (Europa League, Conference League and Champions League all counts): @Lefurjah @robterrace @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123 @RedAjay @ineptmarigold49 @duesouth

Qualify for the group stage of the Conference League: @robterrace @Lefurjah @ineptmarigold49 @duesouth @Thomassje123

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa League: @Ronaldo Beckham @Lefurjah @Thomassje123

Qualify for the group stage of the Champions League: @Ronaldo Beckham @duesouth

Survive the group stage of the Champions League:

Survive the group stage of the Europa League: @Lefurjah

Survive the group stage of the Conference League:

Get your club in the top 200 of the coefficients list: @Ronaldo Beckham @Thomassje123

Get your club in the top 100 of the coefficients list:

Get your club in the top 50 of the coefficients list:

Win the Conference League:

Win the Europa League:

Win the Champions League:

Edited by 6499red

I’ve won a game, won a competitive game with San Marino, and won title and promotion to Serie D with Victor San Marino - an unbeaten season as well. 

Can post proof in the morning. 

I’m using @matteo1187 database for Italian leagues and I activated the San Marino league myself. 

Edited by TacticalGenius

8 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

I’ve won a game, won a competitive game with San Marino, and won title and promotion to Serie D with Victor San Marino - an unbeaten season as well. 

Can post proof in the morning. 

I’m using @matteo1187 database for Italian leagues and I activated the San Marino league myself. 

can you link the DBs you are using pls? :)

For a challenge need a standard DB set for all to use

Edited by deadfncat

Something to think about for us - over on the FM22 Youth Academy Challenge thread, there's some talk there might be a bug in terms of young players not developing as expected while in the U19 squad.  They seem to develop OK in the first team squad.  A few are testing and will report any findings to SI - but it's something that might impact our challenge...  Unclear at this early stage if SI would patch it - and if then that patch would be save game compatible.

I created a San Marino League DB with the updated competition structure, Coppa Titano and Super Coppa. I gave all of the competitions their proper names too for quality of life. You can download it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651564161

Edited by Rainbowz

21 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

I created a San Marino League DB with the updated competition structure, Coppa Titano and Super Coppa. I gave all of the competitions their proper names too for quality of life. You can download it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651564161

Wow ! Looks good, has anyone managed to test it?

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Worth keeping an eye out here - https://www.fmfusion.it/ as these guys have consistently had the best Italy expansion around.  No word on how quickly it will be available though, these guys tend to value quality over quickness

I've used their work before and it is top quality - but as you say, you might be waiting until Christmas or even January before they produce a L5 database.  I think last year they came out with a Serie D one and then a wait for the Eccellenza.  Seems like the Editor is less bugged than FM20 and FM21, so perhaps they can get something out a bit quicker than last year.

The legend, the one and only claassen has posted a San Marino League file.  He didn't release anything else for FM20 and FM21 as the editor was bugged - hopefully this year he'll make a comeback as he produced amazing world league packs.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651624557

vor 19 Minuten schrieb duesouth:

The legend, the one and only claassen has posted a San Marino League file.  He didn't release anything else for FM20 and FM21 as the editor was bugged - hopefully this year he'll make a comeback as he produced amazing world league packs.

Yess!! // What DB Setup do you guys use? Which leagues do you load?

Edited by Conardo

11 minutes ago, Conardo said:

Yess!! // What DB Setup do you guys use? Which leagues do you load?

My PC is pretty poor spec wise - so while starting out in Eccellenza, as it's regional I'll have very few other leagues - but as promoted, I'll removed Eccellenza and perhaps Serie D and then add other nations.  If you've got a good PC, then have a few other leagues.

10 minutes ago, claassen said:

Hello, my plan is also to start my save with Vicor San Marino ;)

So I am currently working on a 5th or 6th level in Italy with real rules and real promotions and relegations.

I hope release the update saturday.

Wow! An absolute legend of the game!

36 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Are there any logo packs which have the club badge in?

I have one from last year with the club badge, kits and stadium but I need to know the unique ID of the club  before I could release it, so if anyone could get me that i can release.

Edit: because I don't have the game/editor yet

Edited by 6499red

10 hours ago, claassen said:

Hello, my plan is also to start my save with Vicor San Marino ;)

So I am currently working on a 5th or 6th level in Italy with real rules and real promotions and relegations.

I hope release the update saturday.

Sometimes in life things make your day.  Sometimes things make your week.  Special things make your month.  This has made my YEAR!!!  Just amazing news from someone whose work has given me so much extra enjoyment of FM in the past.  Welcome to the San Marino Challenge claassen!!

A follow up to my post above about a potential youth development bug.  It appears there have been changes to youth development in FM22 and this is working as expected.  Basically, there is more importance placed on your training facilities and the quality of your coaches.

So, as well as improving your youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth facilities - don't leave your training facilities behind!  Of course, until you get to Serie C and full-time training, development won't necessarily be great anyway - but a little food for thought as you cunningly navigate this long journey.

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

A follow up to my post above about a potential youth development bug.  It appears there have been changes to youth development in FM22 and this is working as expected.  Basically, there is more importance placed on your training facilities and the quality of your coaches.

So, as well as improving your youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth facilities - don't leave your training facilities behind!  Of course, until you get to Serie C and full-time training, development won't necessarily be great anyway - but a little food for thought as you cunningly navigate this long journey.

Good to know + makes sense realistically.

Hopefully it means the local teams use the money from Europe to improve their player development  - also, the San Marino academy (not the club, separate) seems to have very good facilities so hopefully they get put to good use

1 hour ago, TacticalGenius said:

How/when do I get a youth team/reserves? I'm in Serie C, turning professional soon and still only have a first team...

At Serie C already - great work - I haven't even started!  I was going to think about it tonight, but will wait for claassen now.

As far as I'm aware, I think you have to request an U23/reserve team from the board as you would youth facilities etc. - think it's under the Networking group of requests.  I'm not sure if that's the same with an U19/18 team.  I would assume most Serie C sides have both, so would hope that would happen.  In some saves, I've received annual invitations for an U19/18 league, so maybe that will happen with your improved reputation?

I guess something to do with the afiliation with San Marino Academy irl has meant the club is set up this way in FM22.  But it might be a bit of an issue - I would probably worry about the lack of an U18 team more as I would easily be able to give them custom training schedules with the focus on development in that squad.  If they are stuck in the first team squad, where my focus would be more on match prep, development won't be in the right areas.

Keep us updated on this one!

I think we should make the classen databases the "official" ones for the challenge, once released, so we're all on the same playing field. However, if people have already started, won't make you start again, don't worry - will still indclude yous on the leaderboards.

Also, I think the leagues loaded will probably have the same if not more of an effect as it will affect the amount of players the other international teams have - if they are all greyed out, surely easier to beat. However, I don't want to put stipulations on the leagues loaded as we're all running on different hardware. Of course, you have to load Italy and San Marino, but that is essential.

EDIT : I mean at least San Marino and Italy ( to at least where you are) , anything else / players / leagues is optional @The Regista

Edited by 6499red

I agree @6499red with what you've said. I imagine the last thing @TacticalGenius wants to do now is start again unless he really has to for whatever reason

When I attempted this challenge before I was beating teams around San Marino the rankings anyway, and I had a fair few leagues loaded. Can see what you mean though. Should there be a set league structure? I feel that takes away a little bit of individuality to each attempt?

Anyone doing it with a Sammarinese team?

Edited by The Regista

10 minutes ago, The Regista said:

I agree @6499red with what you've said. I imagine the last thing @TacticalGenius wants to do now is start again unless he really has to for whatever reason

When I attempted this challenge before I was beating teams around San Marino the rankings anyway, and I had a fair few leagues loaded. Can see what you mean though. Should there be a set league structure? I feel that takes away a little bit of individuality to each attempt?

I might try it with a sammarinese team, but dont want to have to load the leagues down in italy further than I need, though.

Edited by 6499red

12 minutes ago, The Regista said:

@Lewis89 sometimes did both in one save - and I did in FM19 (San Giovanni and San Marino Calcio).  I'm debating whether or not to do that this time - makes it slower, but it does make it more interesting at certain points of the save.  If you ever start dominating Serie A, then the Sammarinese team trying to crack Europe becomes the most interesting part, although again the league can get a bit dull.

Doing it with a Sammarinese team only makes it much harder.  Sammarinese team youth only is the toughest version of the challenge!

On loading leagues - with Eccellenza being regional, I doubt my PC will be able to handle (too m)any other leagues - but when I get to Serie B or C and certainly by the time I'm in A, I'll remove Eccellenza and maybe Serie D and load a few more leagues at that point.

Last year, the Nations League was first up rather than WC Qualifiers, and a lot of people were winning their Nations League division with ease.  I guess it's the human player boost in FM - our tactics in game make it far more likely we'll win than San Marino irl.  But then irl, San Marino is never going to do the things we will in the next few months!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2652582982

Serie D , Poule Scudetto Serie D and Coppa Italia Serie D (with real formats )
Eccelenza, Coppe Regionali Eccellenza (19 regional cups)
Coppa Italia Dilettanti (with the winner of 19 regional cups)

For Eccellenza, the differents formats are very complicated to reproduce, so they are simple leagues with 1 promotion to Serie D and 1 relegation to Promozione by regions.  ;)

Edited by claassen

Hi guys, so i want to start a san marino challenge but its my first time, and i really want to start now do you guys think this italian database is good https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2650329561&searchtext= , and this san marino one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651624557 .

Should i start with those or wait for other database??\

Edited by Sageda

6 minutos atrás, Sageda disse:

Hi guys, so i want to start a san marino challenge but its my first time, and i really want to start now do you guys think this italian database is good https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2650329561&searchtext= , and this san marino one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651624557 .

Should i start with those or wait for other database??\

Nevermind, Claassen is the best hahahahaha

So far so good - but which Eccellenza is it?

Have it: Eccellenza Emilia-Romagna C.

Wow.I have a pic of the "stadium" .... not so much grass :D

But maybe its wrong? // Must be an older one ... here i have the new one: Stadio Acquaviva

grafik.png.a94ef6e02dc46ab75e2630272c093872.png

Edited by Conardo