[FM22] Hidden UID Finder

giglet13

I've tried using some of the files existing for this for the Personal Assistant and Player Liason Officer faces. Had no issues in the past and I've tried to update the Config to search from 2002010000

<record from="1" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002010000/portrait"/>

etc. through to 

<record from="14256" graphics/pictures/person/2003036431/portrait"/>

I know from the staff panel this is capturing the UID used for my Club Doctor (Also hidden personnel) but it doesnt seem to be helping with the other two? Any ideas the ranges or if i've made an amateur error in the config update? 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong with this but have you tried changing the from="1" to be the same UID as the photo?

So for example from this;

to this
<record from="2002010000" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002010000/portrait"/>

1 minute ago, d2707 said:

I could be wrong with this but have you tried changing the from="1" to be the same UID as the photo?

So for example from this;

to this
<record from="2002010000" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002010000/portrait"/>

Yeah the '1' is the file name, it's from the process here:

But the Regen numbers have updated for FM22 so trying to extend the range to capture the possible Unique IDs. Had been updated ok for FM21 but struggling to get it right for FM22.

3 minutes ago, krzanek said:

Is there any way to replace my assistant regens photos using regen uid finder from fm2020 version or not ? 

There should be but the config for it is set to the UIDs used for regens in those games. It just needs an update to the right range of UID's (I Think) however, having done that - it's currently not working. So if anyone has had any success or knows where the Regen UIDs start for these generated support staff then hopefully it's a quick update of the config file and repeat existing process.

A helpful bod has provided this info elsewhere, so helping those still looking: 

Personal Assistant ID is usually your managers (YOU) ID +1 so if your UID is 0001 your personal assistants UID would be 0002.

After some trial and error replacing numbers this config.xml worked for me with the regen id finder (which can be found

config.xml

48 minutes ago, dave84cpfc said:

This worked for press officer but no luck with personal assistant, tried the 1 number up from my ID

Hmm mine was one up from my Manager ID - 2002080080 and my manager id was 2002080079 if that helps for updating the Config ranges?  My Press officer was down at 2002062065 and Player liason 2002062066 so I dont think thats being generated/created in the same way as the Personal assistant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2021 at 22:14, MariusA said:

Works every time. The Personal Assistant is your manager ID +1. If your ID is 200025848, your Personal Assistant is 200025849

Still struggling. Does the image need to just be in main 'faces' folder or '0000Staff' with Player Liaison and Press officer or does it not matter where it is as long as in config for that folder?

At the moment its in 0000Staff, this is what I have it as in config;

<record from="2002080005" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002080005/portrait"/>

My ID being 2002080004

• 2 weeks later...

@Issy if you open up the config it runs from a bottom end range of numbers to a top end number . I used excel and some formula chop and change that range of numbers -  to update the range config is covering.

Excel rough instructions how I did it- there may be easier ways and it may not make sense you you don’t have reasonable excel skills.

Paste original config text in in first column. then you can use a =Left formula for characters until the unique id in one column, then a column for unique id itself, here you can put the lowest number you want to use in top row, then when you drag it down it’ll go up until you run out of lines. Then a =right formula for everything afterwards in a third column. Then just use a final column to combine the columns together and that is your new config row. Drag that down to cover the whole sheet and paste it back in to update the config.  Note - as you go through the config every time there is another character in the number you’ll need to adjust the formula - eg. Between 99 and 100 the character numbers will increase by one etc… 

On 26/12/2021 at 19:38, giglet13 said:

@Issy if you open up the config it runs from a bottom end range of numbers to a top end number . I used excel and some formula chop and change that range of numbers -  to update the range config is covering.

Excel rough instructions how I did it- there may be easier ways and it may not make sense you you don’t have reasonable excel skills.

Paste original config text in in first column. then you can use a =Left formula for characters until the unique id in one column, then a column for unique id itself, here you can put the lowest number you want to use in top row, then when you drag it down it’ll go up until you run out of lines. Then a =right formula for everything afterwards in a third column. Then just use a final column to combine the columns together and that is your new config row. Drag that down to cover the whole sheet and paste it back in to update the config.  Note - as you go through the config every time there is another character in the number you’ll need to adjust the formula - eg. Between 99 and 100 the character numbers will increase by one etc… 

Thanks for this, I will try but very basic with excel but a trier...

in my Game i can see : press Stuff + Personal Assistant ( two Girls)

i put the extracted Folder "Regen UID Finder" to:  ....\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics\faces\Regen UID Finder

Ingame, delete the Cache, Reload the Skin.

Result: i can not see the black box on that Place, where the Stuff Human Faces is.
In my Case, i just see the plastic Fake Stuff Face.
so, i cant use the next Step, to see the Number in the black box , and then you create a Folder "000Staff" and put them to: ....\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics\faces\
- inside that Folder, to put a Face and named to the Number of the black box Number.
- then delete the Regen UID Finder Folder, delete the Cache, reload the Skin, see the Face and not the plastic Fake Stuff Face

Thanks for helping !

🙏

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anybody been able to get this to work on journalists so far?

I have got it working for press officer, player liaison etc but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work on journalists. I assume that the config is not getting to the correct id's but if somebody has managed to get it to work on journalists then hopefully they can at least give me a rough idea of how much further I need to extend the config.

EDIT: Does anybody know which way I would need to expand the id's? Would I need to go higher than 2002066457 or lower than 2002051458? Thanks

Edited by Watson156

3 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Has anybody been able to get this to work on journalists so far?

I have got it working for press officer, player liaison etc but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work on journalists. I assume that the config is not getting to the correct id's but if somebody has managed to get it to work on journalists then hopefully they can at least give me a rough idea of how much further I need to extend the config.

EDIT: Does anybody know which way I would need to expand the id's? Would I need to go higher than 2002066457 or lower than 2002051458? Thanks

Yes, there is an xml file floating around somewhere that extends the ids. I cant remember where it was posted so I cannot credit the author but here it its, it goes from 2002042238 to 2003090237

272847013_1372334186544793_7813061866196031390_n.png

config.xml

• 9 months later...

Hey, guys! After much torment, I finally found a way to change the face of the press officer! To do this, use the program ArtMoney...

1. Launch the game FM 2023

2. Load your save

3. Remember the name of the press officer

4. Minimize the game and launch ArtMoney

5. In the program itself, select the game (FM 2023) and click the "search" button

6. Enter the name of your press officer in the search field, check all lower 8 boxes (like on screenshot) and click "OK"

7. In the found lines on the left, you need only those where "text" is written

8. Select each such line (with "text") and press CTRL + M until you find the date of birth next to the name of your press officer

Line in my config after this:         <record from="helpSHE" to="graphics/pictures/person/Lilou Lafitte 3-2-1992/portrait"/> 

helpSHE - name of .png photo file

Lilou Lafitte 3-2-1992 - name and date of birth of my press officer

Спойлер

Screenshots:

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-01-27-171.jpg

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-02-39-507.jpg

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-04-16-584.jpg

Edited by N1kolaN

21 hours ago, N1kolaN said:

Hey, guys! After much torment, I finally found a way to change the face of the press officer! To do this, use the program ArtMoney...

1. Launch the game FM 2023

2. Load your save

3. Remember the name of the press officer

4. Minimize the game and launch ArtMoney

5. In the program itself, select the game (FM 2023) and click the "search" button

6. Enter the name of your press officer in the search field, check all lower 8 boxes (like on screenshot) and click "OK"

7. In the found lines on the left, you need only those where "text" is written

8. Select each such line (with "text") and press CTRL + M until you find the date of birth next to the name of your press officer

Line in my config after this:         <record from="helpSHE" to="graphics/pictures/person/Lilou Lafitte 3-2-1992/portrait"/> 

helpSHE - name of .png photo file

Lilou Lafitte 3-2-1992 - name and date of birth of my press officer

Hide contents

Screenshots:

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-01-27-171.jpg

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-02-39-507.jpg

bandicam 2023-01-31 21-04-16-584.jpg

Does this only work with press officer or does it also work with the player liaison officer and personal assistant?

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Richard_toffeehead said:

Has anyone not been able to see the black boxes with the ID inside? Followed the instructions and cleared the cache and I still only see the plastic looking FM regen faces. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

have you unticked "use cached files" in preferences ? 

18 minutes ago, Richard_toffeehead said:

right got it and found my press officer details. But how do I get the ID number? Instructions mention a config file, but where is the config file? End of the instructions are a bit vague.

It's perfectly explained

you have the press officers name, you find the name in the fil, then locate the date of birth

the config file is where your pictures is

and you add

<record from="helpSHE" to="graphics/pictures/person/Lilou Lafitte 3-2-1992/portrait"/> 

helpSHE is the picture name

name and date of birth is the "id"

5 minutes ago, Richard_toffeehead said:

<record from="helpSHE" to="graphics/pictures/person/Eleanor Cole 20-11-1989/portrait"/>

so I put this in the config xml file within my Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics\faces\graphics folder?

or do I change helpSHE to the number of the image I want to use?

helpSHE is what you rename the photo you wanna use
as i havnt tried myself, i am not sure if you can name the picture and the record to something else. or the helpSHE is pointing at the press officer in this case

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Maverik1828 said:

does anyone have screenshots of how this should look in english ive managed to find the person and most of the date of birth but u cant see the year of birth

When i've done this, you dont always need a year of birth. My configs are often for ' person/john smith 2-10'  for example with no year needed. 

s

4 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

When i've done this, you dont always need a year of birth. My configs are often for ' person/john smith 2-10'  for example with no year needed. 

so what should my config text file look like? and im playing fm24 would i need to add the r- to the config since all the regens now have that in the uid?

Edited by Maverik1828
spelling

2 minutes ago, Maverik1828 said:

s

so what should my config text file look like?

For Example:

<record from="jb" to="graphics/pictures/person/jonathan becker 27-10/portrait"/>
        <record from="as" to="graphics/pictures/person/andrea selby 7-7/portrait"/>        
        <record from="lj" to="graphics/pictures/person/laura james 19-4/portrait"/>

Where the artmoney search method has found the names/DOBs as the second part without a year of birth. I've named my images by their initials for ease (so JB for Jonathan Becker etc.)