Allowing more freedom from players in the attacking third.

Ghost4928

I'll start off by outlining my tactics:

Control Possession 4-2-3-1. I understand that this tactic is set up so that the team tries to dominate possession and not lose the ball too cheaply or unnecessarily.

Issue:

Players can get into certain positions in the final third, and still be heavily influenced by the tactic selected. In my case, a wing back in acres of space in the final third, but instead of crossing, stays on the ball and then plays it to a supporting midfielder that has come from the centre of the pitch into the wing area.

Suggestion:

Something along the lines of adding to the player instructions screen in tactics, where you can tell the player to cross quicker, or stay rigid in your position in defence and build up, and then become a bit more free roaming once in the final third, instead of free roaming at all stages of when you're in possession.

Reason for this suggestion:

Originates from an answer Thierry Henry gave on MNF that retold what Pep said to the Barcelona team in terms of tactics. Long video short, Pep would tell the Barcelona players that they would need to stick to whatever plan Pep had setup in the defensive and midfield thirds of the pitch. Once the ball was in the attacking third, the players would have the freedom to try and score.

Think something similar would be a good idea for FM, where you would like a bit of control possession in defense and midfield, but once your wingback is in space on the wing with time, for example, you can instruct him to go away from the control possession tactic a little and just fire a cross into the box where you have three or four attackers waiting.

Think this can add a little bit more in terms of management and tactics.

Edited by Ghost4928

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.