FM22 (canada File)

Hey All... I created the FM21 with someone by the name of JohnnyGames.. This year I am working on the file myself..

Here is what will be in this years file:

12 Different Levels:

1 - Canadian Premier League

2. League1 Ontario

3. League1 Ontario Reserves

4. League1 BC (New)

5. PLSQ (Quebec Semi Pro League)

6. AMSL (Alberta Major Soccer League)

7. PCSL

8. CSL

9-12 (Includes) CIS

13 - Canadian Youth League (CPL U18 Leagues) 

Whats Different in FM22 verison:

League 1 Ontario: Has playoffs Quarters, Semis, Conference finals and then League Ontario Championship (also has conferences as well)

League 1 Reserves: Instead of the 3 Divisions in real life I'm going to have 2

League 1 BC: this will have 6 teams (I have brought back Whitecaps II team) in case someone wants to use the USA file if someone makes it that has the MLS next in it.

All CIS Legaues will have playoffs and then my plan is to have all league winners so the 4 league winners take part in a round robin or semis and the winner o that will be crown all of CIS

Downloadabe Link:

Canada Leagues & U-Sports V 4.3.fmf

Edited by Fmfan00

Some changes coming:

L1 Ontario Reserves: I know in real life it is 3 divisions until I can figure out the stage rules and such I will be making it a 2 division league along with OUA as well. Also U18 Youth League will be 9 teams split into 2 different divisions unlike the top league.

Right now I have 7 leagues worth of teams to go over as far as colors, kits, stadium and then awards... so i am aiming for sometime Friday or Saturday for the file to be up if nothing comes up at work outside of working on the file

Edited by Fmfan00

6 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

CPL will have 10 teams... CPL Normal clubs... With Saskatoon named earlier and now Vancouver announced 

Canadian Premier League Announces Expansion in Vancouver – Canadian Premier League (canpl.ca)

They originally wanted to increase the league to 16 teams before the next World Cup, didn't they? I was surprised Vancouver are going in so soon. I assumed Saskatoon was going to be next in as they already have a stadium lined up and whatnot.

CIS has a transfer window of Dec 15th to August 1st (that way u can bring in players before season begins..

CPL, League1 Ontario, League1 BC is January 1st to October 1st this way i figure treat it like most North American Sports...

Edited by Fmfan00

11 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

do people want to see 2 divisions, quarter finals etc or keep it like it is now with 10 teams?

Personally I like to keep some realism so I'd prefer 10 teams (even better if you can make the two expansion clubs join in 2022 or 2023!). Also ideally salary cap should increase a bit every year (mostly because AI usually struggles to build decent squads with such a low salary cap).

Looking forward to start a CPL save, though there seems to be a pretty huge bug with continental qualification for canadian clubs in MLS (doesn't affect CPL directly but it does affect Canadian Championship)

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Personally I like to keep some realism so I'd prefer 10 teams (even better if you can make the two expansion clubs join in 2022 or 2023!). Also ideally salary cap should increase a bit every year (mostly because AI usually struggles to build decent squads with such a low salary cap).

Looking forward to start a CPL save, though there seems to be a pretty huge bug with continental qualification for canadian clubs in MLS (doesn't affect CPL directly but it does affect Canadian Championship)

Yellow who does the megapack every year is working on a fix for the Concaaf right now to fix this concern..

edit: thanks for reminding me about the salary cap i forgot to put that in yesterday... Just have to do league awards, and then do kits and team info like stadium and such for the 5-6 leagues that i created... will be looking to get most work done tonight so that i can release it tomorrow at some point

Edited by Fmfan00

The file is up... For League1 BC I have decided to add in Vancouver Whitecaps 2 team in case people decide to make a MLS next file in a USA can still use Whitecaps Academy... League1 BC has a salary cap of 23 x 5,000 per player for a salary of 115,000 per team.. The CPL Salary cap starts at 1.2 million in 2021 and it goes up every year by 200k. Currently working on a logo pack for the database.

Any errors please let me know and ill fix them

Edited by Fmfan00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

sorry took so long to update... Been busy outside of here for the last two months... I plan on doing a 3 league Youth league with promotion and relegation. It will feature MLS academy teams minus Whitecaps as they play out of league1 BC and also will not include Cavalry Academy or FC Edmonton who play out of AMSL however it will feature CPL Academys (other then the two i just mentioned plus will have all other CPL teams academy teams and then some other US Academy teams too. 

Each team league of the 3 teams will play 38 games 1 home 1 away vs each team in their league

- all teams will be feeder clubs to their main clubs with the option to first purchase players aka like MLS and MLS academy teams

- The League will have a Youth cup 6 rounds 2 legs 1 home and 1 away. 

- The leagues will run from March to November with the cup (FA Cup style taking place in May and finish in October.

- The Youth Premier League will consist of 22 teams, Youth Champions League will consist of 21 and Youth League 1. All 64 teams were drawn randomly and placed in different divisions

• 3 weeks later...

A little update... started the file from scratch kind of... With the help from Yellow and given permission to use his file as a base... Here is the update

With CIS it now shows up properly with U-Sports and then a breakdown of each of the 6 leagues.

The CIS plays their leagues and then a CIS has it's own FA Cup kind tournament with all CIS teams like the Canada Championship does.

Canadian Youth League is a Canadian Premier Academy league with all 10 teams being Affiliates to the CPL teams kind of like the Academy teams for the MLS. The Youth League will be 36 games each team plays each other 4 times each.

Also included in the save will be the North American Cup. The North American Cup will classify as 48 teams, 30 MLS teams (28 + St. Louis and Sacramento), + 10 CPL (8 + Vancouver & Saskatoon) then I randomly picked 8 youth clubs from Uncle sam's FM20 save that will form the 48 team Cup. In the Cup will be a 2 leg tournament and it will run from April with Finals in September.

The Canada Youth League will have 10 CPL teams + 3 Canadian clubs so 13 teams vs 3 times = 36 games.

Everything else will have what Yellow had added to his file. Also CIS will be playable, Youth league will be playable so you will be able to play as a CPL Academy or MLS academy team. The youth league will go 16-18 at which the players can then go to NCAA if you use Palk's USA file or the Academy players will be able to play for CIS as well. Six more things to do on my to do list and then I will have the updated file up.

For those who play as a MLS Pro Team or MLS team, I am currently working on a file well redid my Canadian file with thanks to Yellow's permission to rebuild it with his file... I have added Canada's NCAA Verison (aka CIS). Also because MLS Next side is always having an error here is what i decided.. I have decided to create a 2 League Pro/Relegeation that has 10 CPL Teams (8 currently and 2 expansions) and 30 MLS Academy (28 leagues plus Sacramento and St. Louis Academy). The leagues are 20 teams each bottom league top 4 get promoted to the top league while the top league 4 teams of the Second division get promoted to the top league. To also answer the question yes you can play as a MLS academy team. Each of the two Leagues play 38 games each. The Leagues will each have awards as well. I will post the file here as well once I am done it.. I have 9-10 things on my to do list.. 

image.thumb.png.e6214b117df8fb3c425c5e4ca3f1920b.png

image.thumb.png.5073495dc233e1b4fab8a58a682689e0.png

image.thumb.png.b015bc4d7aa76b7b8fc821c8cc703126.png

Here is what I did with the File:

- League1 BC - Added Awards

- League1 Ontario Premiership & Championship - added Awards

- CIS (Made Playable all 6 Leagues + Added awards and U-Sports Championship aka FA Cup with all CIS Teams)

NA Youth Leagues (40 teams 2 Leagues 30 MLS + 10 CPL teams. The Academy teams are Feeder clubs to their Parent club. Usually if their Parent club hasnt signed them by age of 18 when they leave the Academy they will either be UFAs or head to NCAA. The two youth leagues have 38 games each. With the bottom 4 of the top league going down to Second league and the top 4 from the second League can get promoted to the top league. The Youth League goes from March to end of September.

Key Notes:

Make sure you use @Palk& @owncredibleUSA file attached and add playable players to all leagues that way the MLS US academy teams have players on their Academy teams.

- This will allow you to play as a MLS academy team as your

- Make sure you start in 2022 otherwise there will not be a season in 2021

If there is any errors please let me know

Canada Leagues & U-Sports V 4.3.fmf

Edited by Fmfan00

• 1 month later...

So I got some inspiration from @fifteenminutesand someone else I forget who did the HS for Japan database.. so here’s my question..I was going to add HS to the Canada database. My question is since public schools and catholic schools had soccer clubs,I can do one of two things. I can have each providence be a league and then all of the teams from that providence be in 1 league… or say take ontario for example take all of those school boards make different leagues aka divisions within 1 league (see cis for example 5-6 leagues under cis name. 

so a) one big league within each providence or different leagues under one providence?

b) since catholic and public have different leagues irl do you want me to combine them like the schools or make them separate.

32 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

So I got some inspiration from @fifteenminutesand someone else I forget who did the HS for Japan database.. so here’s my question..I was going to add HS to the Canada database. My question is since public schools and catholic schools had soccer clubs,I can do one of two things. I can have each providence be a league and then all of the teams from that providence be in 1 league… or say take ontario for example take all of those school boards make different leagues aka divisions within 1 league (see cis for example 5-6 leagues under cis name. 

so a) one big league within each providence or different leagues under one providence?

b) since catholic and public have different leagues irl do you want me to combine them like the schools or make them separate.

If you need any help, feel free to drop me a message!

7 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I know exactly what you mean. I've also been researching this. Manitoba has 15 zones and they can have between 4 and 11 teams in.

Calgary is a weird one. 3 divisions consisting of 11, 10 and 9 teams with an 8 team playoff in each league. 

Practically, it would be easier to combine the individual leagues into a providencial one (or more depending on teams available). 

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I know exactly what you mean. I've also been researching this. Manitoba has 15 zones and they can have between 4 and 11 teams in.

Calgary is a weird one. 3 divisions consisting of 11, 10 and 9 teams with an 8 team playoff in each league. 

Practically, it would be easier to combine the individual leagues into a providencial one (or more depending on teams available). 

Eric do u know any idea how many games they play..

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Cgy I could make a 10, 10,10 league.. 

As far as providence leagues could have 8-16 team playoff per providence then I was thinking of doing a whole tournament with all providence teams like a big fa trophy tournament or fa cup…

IHave you added the CCAA (Collegiate) leagues?

3 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Leagues:

ontario

quebec

sask

manitoba

alberta

bc

nova scotia

NB

Any other provinces or areas that people can think of

I don't think any of the territories have a league, so that would leave 2 more Providences I think. Newfoundland & Labrador and Prince Edward Island

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Cgy I could make a 10, 10,10 league.. 

As far as providence leagues could have 8-16 team playoff per providence then I was thinking of doing a whole tournament with all providence teams like a big fa trophy tournament or fa cup…

I honestly can't see why it isn't a 10, 10, 10.

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

IHave you added the CCAA (Collegiate) leagues?

I don't think any of the territories have a league, so that would leave 2 more Providences I think. Newfoundland & Labrador and Prince Edward Island

No but I can

23 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

No but I can

I did attempt the CCAA and U-Sports Championships, but despite getting the competitions to work in testing, the file would never verify. As a result, I only had the individual leagues working and not the championships. 

45 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I did attempt the CCAA and U-Sports Championships, but despite getting the competitions to work in testing, the file would never verify. As a result, I only had the individual leagues working and not the championships. 

Is CCAA championship of all high schools? Like OFSAA etc

19 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

CCAA is Collegiate. Similar level to U-Sports I believe. 

So CCAA has 99 members.. if I could only find 29 more teams I could do a 128 team fa trophy aka CCAA championship with all clubs not just their league championship

Edited by Fmfan00

Yeah, the way it works is that, after high school, you have the choice of college or university, so they are on the same level. Not every college has a men's team though, and there are some universities in the CCAA 

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, the way it works is that, after high school, you have the choice of college or university, so they are on the same level. Not every college has a men's team though, and there are some universities in the CCAA 

I was thinking 14-17 HS 17-21 college/university… with HS I was going to say like Toronto combined catholic and public hs into one league Hamilton the same just a matter of finding out all school boards

22 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If you can find the board for the providence, they usually have links to all the other boards on there. So far, I've found Manitoba and Saskatchewan. 

Yah I have Toronto Ottawa and Hamilton… I’m talking places like Sabrina Sudbury Windsor etc just gotta find out wha5 theirs are

2 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Canada never do things the easy way. 

What I might do is have like a providence cup for each one of all of the high schools for that league so the individual championship and the. Like Ontario cup with all Ontario hs etc..

31 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

That would probably be a better idea. They have weird tournaments like "invitational" or "wildcard". 

Eric your advise? Hamilton board games are April to middle of may and playoffs middle of may to end… so I push back the season or just have tournament all of June..

46 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

That would probably be a better idea. They have weird tournaments like "invitational" or "wildcard". 

Lol so focused on professional leagues forgot of how short HS leagues are in Ontario.

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Wait until you get to Manitoba. A league of 11 and teams only play 3 or 4 matches. 

Personally? I'd have the tournament in June. 

Hamilton plays 7 public catholic has 6 Toronto has 4 to 5 games then playoffs lol

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Wait until you get to Manitoba. A league of 11 and teams only play 3 or 4 matches. 

Personally? I'd have the tournament in June. 

I was thinking the ones with 4-5/games make those 2 rounds so 8 games and that way it’s even for the ones that have 7;game regular season

On 19/05/2022 at 11:11, EnigMattic1 said:

CCAA is Collegiate. Similar level to U-Sports I believe. 

some of the CCAA teams are in U-Sports such as Mount Allison University so if they are listed in USPorts they wont be in CCAA