Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's not joking im sorry to say lee, you did lose those games and i think you were lying around 18th/19th spot in the league icon_frown.gif

Chesterfield on pretty good form as they make an assault on the top 6

After the ups and downs in lee's career he finally seems to be doing pretty well with his chesterfield side. With his team becoming stronger all the time and his side winning games they need to they are expected to go into division one this season so everything is to play for and it aint no easy task.

After the recent couple of losses chesterfield have had its made some of the players become unhappy and moan but a few wins in the last few games has lifted their morale back up. After last seasons dissappointment by just missing out on the playoff's chesterfield manager Lee Owens didnt want that to happen again.

Some of chesterfields recent results were 3-2 against brighton in a hard fought out game which could of gone either way but brighton just edged it. A 4-0 thrashing from darlington also which was an appauling match and ended with a fight in the tunnels at full time.

Chesterfield aint really won by a big margin in many games yet but have lost by a fair few goals. There best win of late was against leicester where we kicked there asses 3-0 with the players playing to their full potential. Although we expected to win it to keep a clean sheet was nice.

Another good game of recent was against yeovil which ended 3-3. An even display of 2 quality sides with a chance at claiming the division two title. As ive heard my assistant has since turned what was good into bad and my team are now hovering just above relegation (apparently icon_frown.gif).

We had another few dissapointing losses which made the fans hatrid towards me greater than what it was.

But we ended on a high winning 4-1 against colchester last game in last session in what proved to be one of the highest wins for my chesterfield of the season.

Well thats just about it for this report. The next report will come in the next day or two which will show you how my side progress through the second half of this season.

Sacked...

Absolute joke, took over last season got them from bottom of Division 1 to playoffs. Now second season in second in the league and playing well, with Alan Bennett averaging 7.9. I draw a league game, still in second after 30 games, and am sacked. This is an utter joke.

sorry people but i cant make tonights session as i have been called in to work an extra shift as i need the money. Im very sorry for the short notice and hope you all have a good session. I will be back tommorow for that sesh and the rest of them. Once again very sorry but like i say i need the money because ive been spending too much on drink over the past few days icon_smile.gif

next session tonight all i hear that i got sacked roll on division 3 icon_smile.gif. Dont forget reports all i will do mine when i get round to it. Also site being updated thursday i will be working on it all day. We have a new member also i think although im not entirely sure yet icon_biggrin.gif.

Anyway im alive and kicking and ready for some champ action oh yeah too right i am

The time has finally come and due to my assistant mucking up totally i have been sacked from chesterfield after a couple of seasons with them. Now back to my old side plymouth and just managed to stay in division two. More news to come on all of this soon......

birth rate boom on teesside

after the season to end all seasons, the statistical society today report that the number of pregnant women on tesside has rocketed with the success of the boro, as season which has seen uefa cup, super cup, intercontinental and the premier league at last come to boro has been succesfull beyond belief

rumours abound that senior players are looking to move on to a new challenge at struggling teams and braathen and fwt are amongst those rumoured to be leaving the boro after fulfilling their ambitions at the club, a warm thankyou to both players has been expressed by all at the club and it is hoped the legacy passed on to the youth players will continue to shine through

United Finish 3rd and Grab CL Spot

Late Breaking news, Manchester United have claimed 3rd spot in the Premiership after a late surge. Poor form had taken them out of the title race with 5 games to go. But 4 wins and a draw saw them climb from 7th to 3rd.

With the importance of getting the CL place, the UEFA final came around with half the squad knackered. And were duly put to the sword by the unstoppable force that was Boro.

3rd place in the league and UEFA cup runners up, not a bad season with aims achieved but next season must be the start of a serious title challenge or we could see Cale moving on again soon.

Special mention to the strikers this year, Cassanza scoring 41 from 43 games last year and Gray 27 from 29 starts.

This year with the addition of Oskarsson we aim to bring glory back to Old Trafford.

youth to the fore at boro

after breaking the league hoodoo after years of trying, sales have been made with braathen going to villa for 8m and fwt to wba for 10m and pearson t sheff utd for 10m, the defence has been strengthened with the signing of mceveley from burnley for 6m+

whilst the fans are upset at the sale of fwt they have to remember he was only a bench player last season, and as for braathan, the greatest scorer in the history of boro, (breaking the clubs total goals record) well now is the time for howells and saunders to establish themselves as richardson already has on the right of the attack.

the only senior player remaining at the club is morten gamst, who continues to close on the appearance record of robbie mustoe, and who will definately pass the milestone in his time at boro (unless the assisatant sells him whilst i am away)

with the oldest player in the reserves being 21, and the oldest in the u19s being 17, the future continues to look spectacular at boro as the conveyor belt of quality juniors continues to produce gems and hopefully will do for some time to come icon_biggrin.gif

and as all the other major challengers appear to be fritering money on big name players over the age of 30, long may they continue to do so (mind i d think jimmy getting orri for under 3m was a bargain and i expect them to be the main challengers this year)

assistant causes havoc in boro camp

well after the carefull planning, the release of braathen, to enable saunders and howells to develop, the assistant screws it all up by loan howells to the mackems (of all teams icon_mad.gif) for the season with no recall and an agreed fee of 7.5m (not bad for a reserve who has only played a handfull of games but a disaster in my planning icon_frown.gif big money signing will have to be made to replace the multitalented howells, whilst the assistant cowers in lapland to avoid getting twatted

(wouldnt have happened except origional assistant left for managers job at another club leaving the amatuer in his place)

United aim for top spot

After a quite successful league campaign last season, hopes are high for a top2 finish this year.

During preseason though there wasnt much change in personnel. Oskarsson as mentioned before came in for 2.9m (Bargain) Adam Collin (1.9m) also in and Carlos Alberto coming in for free from Liverpool, but with D'Alessandro (6m) and Hinkel (700k)going the other way in non related deals.

Hopefully 1 more player will be brought in to cover the DMC role and we should have a good squad.

My first team for next year looks like being

GK Collin/Baudin

DR Mancini/Aguilera

DL Barrett/Bertelsen

DC Holmes/Ferdinand

DC Arroz/Huddlestone

DMC Renato/Huddlestone

ML Kjung Min/Ronaldo

MC Van Der Vaart/Carlos Alberto

MR Ronaldo/Kjung Min/Oskarsson/Mancini

FC Carranza/Bull/Gray/

FC Cerci/Oskarsson

Well maybe not my first team exactly but the possibles. The depth of the squad continues to improve, and will need to especially given we are in the CL this year.

A report on any further transfers and details of the first games for this season will follow later.

Another new team another new start

Due to recent events which led to Lee Owens being sacked from chesterfield after being with them for a few seasons it was time to start a fresh career again. Heading back to his old club plymouth Lee Owens knew he had a big task on his hands. With plymouths finances being pretty good and plymouths players not looking too bad it didnt look all doom and gloom for Lee Owens.

I couldnt of joined at a better time at plymouth as when i joined it was all to play for in the last game of the season against relegation candidates wimbledon. It was one of those games where we only needed 1 point to stay in division two for next season.

We managed to draw the game 0-0 which kept us up and pleased me even though it was only the first game. With a couple of good signings already being made this pre season im hoping that they will all pay off and get me a good position in division two.

We are looking ahead and thinking we have the team to go up just i gotta see how they all work as a team first. Once i know then i can prepare for the coming seasons and enjoy a life of luxury at plymouth this time rather than not enjoying anything at all like before with plymouth.

More to come soon.......

sorry just to let you know before you join this clan like i did....you are given 60 seconds to pick a team otherwise they force continue making you assistant take over for the game which i think is weak as anything by host...he could not even wait for me to pick a team.

the year was also 2012 so It take me a few minites to reliase where players are gonna perform best.

Sorry to the rest of you but host said I was ****ing you off for taking so long I was only 5 mins and after all the year was 2012 and I am a new person into the game so i have to look at stats to see where players perform.

If your gonna force continue on all the people shagwell you might as well play on your own.

If you got problems myerz please dont spam our thread.

Contact me on msn.

I will add one point though, if you cant pick a team for the first game of the season after i loaded game up for everyone 2hrs before session started then im sorry but online gaming aint for you.

sorry to disagree myers, but when you werent there for even half of the t&t time allocated, to then complain about not having time in the game for t&t is a bit lame, anyway hope you find a clan where you can stay for 10 mins here and there and slow the game down whilst you are there, other that that you seemed a decent bloke

to be fair myers you had plenty of time to sort your stuff out. Others seem to manage it so why cant you. You had over an hours worth of t+t in tonights session and still took ages to hit the continue button when the session did start. So dont go mucking our clan thread up in future and saying stupid things like you have done above. So please can a mod delete this post cheers and good luck in finding a new clan myers one that is slow enough for you icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myerzh2o:

sorry again f the mods are deletig my comments delete all there replys the my posts please...sorry <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont know about deleting your comments but it looks like someone is deleting letters from your words.

United find early form thanks to major transfer coup

Despite an early loss, Man Utd have made a great start to the new season. After 2 awful performances at home to WBA (where we scrapped a 3-3 draw) and a harsh 4-2 loss to Spurs, i was somewhat bemused that my talented team were playing rubbish.

But things soon turned around, in no small part to a major transfer coup. With the transfer deadline looming and the need of a top defender Cale managed to prise Toledo away from Liverpool for 11.25m. Despite being 31 he is still World Class and already showed this as we went on to win our next 4 games, with Toledo controlling affairs.

With Oskarsson up front scoring, and creating for his partner (whoever that may be on the day) we look sharp. Win including 7-1, 4-1 and 4-0 scorelines show attacking wise we are up with the best. Some improved performances are needed by the Defence and the keepers but if they come then we should compete for the title this year.

Role on the next session

Alright thats cool mate see you then. Just have to hope the new members can get all their stuff done a.s.a.p icon_biggrin.gif

Also gonna spend about 12 or more hours updating the clan website tommorow so it should all be up to date on their by the end of the day

After the shock of relegation to the lower ranks of English Football, things seems to be turing around for me. After some excellent scouting (even if I do say so myself) I managed to secure the services of a couple of younstars and a couple of seasoned pro's.

With life in the Second Division, it was obvious that things needed to change if I was going to go straight back up to Division One, so I decided to play a 4-3-3 formation with excellent results.

With the relegation of last season, fortunately I still had a huge amount of money left to strengthen the squad. I splashed out 1.8 Million on Alan Bennett a young striker that I had previously signed for Sunderland, and with an average rating over the last four years of around 7.8 it was always going to be a good signing. With every player there are weaknesses, and unfortunatly Bennett has two, he can't score and he is imjury prone....

Onto the games, after about 15 games this season, I'm very happy with the progress the club is making, and with a couple of excellent loan signings. I would like to think that automatic promotion is a real possibility. I'm first in the league with only 1 draw and 3 defeats. The board are happy, the fans are happy, and so am I. I am currently trying to get the two loan players on full time contracts and help with life next season in division 1. icon_biggrin.gif

Great stuff!

Great session lifts United to top of table

A great session, winning 7 and drawing 3 meant United progressed through their Champions league group and climbed to top of the table.

The session also included a superb 2-0 win away to then top Arsenal in the League Cup fielding my u19 stars. They performed superbly, resulting in 2 playerd being promoted to the senior squad, one of which Mark Dyer, has cemented his place in the centre of mid with an average of 9.5 and 3 goals in his last 4 games.

There are many youngsters stepping up to the plate this year, with Holmes in defence, Henderson up front and Bryant on the right wing really performing at all levels and increasing squad depth.

The only problem though could be keeping all these players happy as we have almost 3 class players for most positions. But i would rather be in this position and should be grateful.

Some excellent results in the session. Strange then that the best performance was in the 3-3 draw away to Boro. Si's Boro are the current champs and top team and to outplay them in the way we did was superb. Dissappointed that we didnt win but we dominated the game and so confirmed our title credentials. Despite the draw by the end of the session we opened up a 7pt lead over the reigning champs overall while we are 1 pt clear of 2nd placed Arsenal.

A great session and some superb displays, roll on monday when i hope it will continue. Below are the current results so far this season.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1st in English Premier Division

Fixtures

| | | | | | | |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Thu, 5.7.2012 | 19:30 | H | Man Utd Reserves | Friendly | | 0 : 1 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Thu, 12.7.2012 | 19:30 | H | Man Utd Under 19s | Friendly | | 1 : 0 |

| Sun, 15.7.2012 | 15:00 | A | Nottm Forest | Friendly | | 3 : 0 |

| Thu, 19.7.2012 | 19:30 | A | Livingston | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 28.7.2012 | 19:30 | A | Bellinzona | Friendly | | 3 : 0 |

| Mon, 30.7.2012 | 19:30 | A | Thun | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 1.8.2012 | 19:30 | A | Basel | Friendly | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 4.8.2012 | 19:30 | A | Young Boys | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 18.8.2012 | 15:00 | H | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 3 : 3 |

| Wed, 22.8.2012 | 19:30 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 2 : 4 |

| Sat, 25.8.2012 | 15:00 | H | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 1.9.2012 | 15:00 | A | Hull | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 15.9.2012 | 15:00 | A | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 19.9.2012 | 19:45 | H | Dortmund | Champions Cup Grp G | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 22.9.2012 | 15:00 | H | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 7 : 1 |

| Sat, 29.9.2012 | 15:00 | A | Portsmouth | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Tue, 2.10.2012 | 19:45 | A | Besiktas | Champions Cup Grp G | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 6.10.2012 | 15:00 | H | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 6 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.10.2012 | 15:00 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Tue, 23.10.2012 | 19:45 | H | Lyon | Champions Cup Grp G | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 31.10.2012 | 19:45 | A | Arsenal | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.11.2012 | 15:00 | H | West Ham | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 7.11.2012 | 19:45 | A | Lyon | Champions Cup Grp G | | 6 : 1 |

| Sat, 10.11.2012 | 15:00 | A | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 3 : 3 |

| Wed, 14.11.2012 | 19:30 | H | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

</pre>

Current League Table

Here is the current league table as of end of Wednesdays session

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Middlesbrough

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Man Utd | | 12 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 40 | 14 | +26 | 27 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Arsenal | | 12 | 8 | 2 | 2 | 20 | 11 | +9 | 26 |

| 3rd | | West Ham | | 12 | 7 | 3 | 2 | 34 | 21 | +13 | 24 |

| 4th | | Newcastle | | 12 | 7 | 2 | 3 | 25 | 20 | +5 | 23 |

| 5th | | Liverpool | | 12 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 23 | 12 | +11 | 22 |

| 6th | | Man City | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 7 | +6 | 21 |

| 7th | | Chelsea | | 12 | 7 | 0 | 5 | 16 | 19 | -3 | 21 |

| 8th | | Middlesbrough | | 12 | 6 | 2 | 4 | 31 | 21 | +10 | 20 |

| 9th | | W.B.A. | | 12 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 19 | 14 | +5 | 19 |

| 10th | | Tottenham | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 15 | 15 | 0 | 18 |

| 11th | | Crewe | | 12 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 21 | 19 | +2 | 16 |

| 12th | | Aston Villa | | 12 | 4 | 2 | 6 | 18 | 23 | -5 | 14 |

| 13th | | Birmingham | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 18 | 20 | -2 | 13 |

| 14th | | Sunderland | | 12 | 2 | 6 | 4 | 16 | 22 | -6 | 12 |

| 15th | | Southampton | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 19 | 27 | -8 | 12 |

| 16th | | Blackburn | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 15 | 29 | -14 | 12 |

| 17th | | Portsmouth | | 12 | 3 | 2 | 7 | 12 | 16 | -4 | 11 |

| 18th | | Cambridge | | 12 | 3 | 2 | 7 | 18 | 24 | -6 | 11 |

| 19th | | Burnley | | 12 | 1 | 3 | 8 | 11 | 29 | -18 | 6 |

| 20th | | Hull | | 12 | 0 | 3 | 9 | 9 | 30 | -21 | 3 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Just to let all members know today is the day that all of the website gets updated and new sections become available so keep your eye on the website. Also next session monday as usual normal times so see you all then dont forget to do your reports all i will be doing mine very soon after all the website is done. If you want to help on the clan website also just speak to me on msn as i already got a couple of clan members helping out on various things icon_smile.gif

Season 2012 - 2013

Major changes made at Aston Villa this season, after a "Not Bad" Season last year. Finishing 7th. A good start and a poor middle section of the season, but a brilliant end to the season helped Villa climb the league to 7th.

Transfers In

Jamie Jones signed from Norwich for 150k, the 21 year old AMC/FC Signed for Back Up

Italian U21 Goalkeeper Alberto Biagioni & England's U21 Centre Back Tony Lake signed from Liverpool in exchange for Hatem Ben Arfa and 5.75m.

Dmytro Tchygryns'kyi the 26 year old Ukranian defender signed from Liverpool on the Bosman will add depth and strengthen the defence of Villa.

Jean-Luc Capuoe the AM/R signed from Marseille also on a Bosman to replace James Milner who was sold to Blackburn for 7.5m at the end of last season.

The Promising and already established SW/D/C Luciano Moroni was picked up on the Bosman from Chelsea at the end of last season, he also has 20 U21 Caps.

The biggest and most influencial signing of the Summer for Villa was the pick up of Norwegian Super Star Daniel Braathen from Middlesbrough for a bargain £8,000,000. The Striker Sensation will add power to the Villa striker force along with Supat Rungratsamee & Jose Mendoza.

Aston Villa's other Summer Pick-Ups

Greg Fraser - Oxford - 180k D/MR. 17years old

Stevey Joyce - Derby - 275k DC also 17

Joe May - Crystal Palace - 200k M/LR - 16

Tony McGregor - Bristol C - 325k AM/RC 16

(Hot Prospect)

John Walsh - Brighton - 325k FC 16

Dean Wood - Leverkusen - FREE - AM/C 22

Gary James - Free - DL (15)

Craig Woods - QPR - D/MR 17

Gary Thomas - Rushden & Diamonds F/R 17

Richard Leach - Kettering - DC 16

Martin James - Dag & Red - AM/LC 16

Karl Howe - Gillingham - FC 17

Michael Fox - Birmingham - 950k - MC 17

Transfers Out

As my collection of Strikers were building up, A load of Interest had been taken in Hatem Ben Arfa once of Arsenal (and on loan at Lee's Bolton icon_biggrin.gif where he was made into a quality player) But after several years at Villa he was begining to not score as many and be frequently injured so i decided to cash in on him for 5.75m and to class Liverpool Players.

Free Transferred

David Hadley

Danny West

Carl Elliot

Scott Naylor

Mark Healey

Sold

Sebastian Hermans - West Ham - 350k

2 Promising Young Centre Backs Sold to Nottingham Forest to boost there chance of Promotion, and to clear out the collection of young talented CB's at Villa.

Lee Burgess - Notts Forest - £1,000,000

Gary Watson - Notts Forest - £1,000,000 (1 of my fav players, a bargain for Forest, on the highly talented youngster).

Results

Aston Villa 4 - 3 Cambridge

(Burton,Capuoe2,Rungratsamee)

A good start for the strikers of Villa but doesnt look like the leaky defence is fixed. Burton scoring the fastest & first goal of the season.

W.B.A 2 - 2 ASTON VILLA

(Lennon, Braathen)

(Lionel Morgan S/OFF)

A good match against Aida's WBA in total a draw was a fair result although Villa were twice in the lead before being cancelled out by both goals by Vegard Nortveit.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Tottenham

(Lennon)

Spurs completely outplayed Villa only to have there lead cancelled out in the 89th Minute by Aaron Lennon, Papa Waigo had put them ahead midway through the 1st Half.

Newscastle 4 - 1 Aston Villa

(Rungratsamee)

The class showed from the former Champions with Loos scoring a hatrick, Rungratsamee scoring against his former club, Guarin scoring late on to make it 4-1.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Man utd

At home to Jimmy's Man Utd proved to be a hard game, His Left Back Nick Barrett scored early with Oskarsson no far behind to make it 2-0 another game where Villa were outplayed by sheer class, Man Utd one of fav's to take the 1st spot this season.

Hull 0 - 5 Aston Villa

(Lennon2, Braathen3)

Now this is more what we like to see!! A great performance alround. Especially from Lennon & Braathen, Braathen first hatrick and a stormer from Lennon scoring 2 and setting up 1 for Braathen. A lackluster Hull team didn't stand a chance!

Blackburn 5 - 1 Aston Villa

(Braathen)

again completely outplayed by the opposition an Understrength Villa team couldnt even get going and were 2-0 down in the first 20mins, and didn't get any better either, gettin completely demolished in the end.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Portsmouth

A return to the Big Time for Portsmouth (after i relegating them icon_biggrin.gif) Proved to be a diffcult task for them, alas they had the dream start with new boy Craig Bellamy putting them 1 up, but a half time switch bringing on Saunders made a difference, firstly Jamie Mitchell scoring on his debut the sending off of farell early didn't help Villa's cause but the fantastic strike from Lennon did, making the final score

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Portsmouth

Chelsea 1 - 0 Villa

A good first half from Villa having more of the posession and more shots although unable to profit from it, at HT 0-0, Villa got off to decent start in second but Chelsea began to come at Villa, midway through the 2nd half brooke's scored. to make it 1-0 Villa simply gave in.....

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Notts Forest LC 3RD ROUND!

(Lennon)

Not a convinsing game for Villa a 6th minute goal from Lennon enough to book Villa's plave in 4th round from a scrappy encounter against Joey's Forest.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Liverpool

Villa are currently lying at the wrong end of the table in 11th and the loss to Liverpool didn't help the cause either, Completely outplayed and didn't stand a chance to be fair, if they continue to play like this could see a relegation scrap going on.

West Ham 3 - 0 Villa

Who expected West Ham to be where they are this season? all can safely say no one thought that, all the praise has to be pointed in direction of there manager Mike Law really doing a terrific job, although early in the season, many people would of said the hammers for the drop and a well earned 3-0 win for west ham. Dyer scoring west hams third late in the game.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Boro

although Boro may have had the majority of possesion and more shots than Villa they simply didn't take there chances, an OG from Farell the only good thing from Boro's performance, after having such a good season last year Middlesbrough don't look to comfortable and a bust up between Boro Manager Simon Murphy & Villa Manager Ant Banach made the match a battle. Villa coming out Victorious with an 80th minute goal from Boro old boy Daniel Braathen. Villa desperatley needed the 3 points to take them upto 9th.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ant banach:

_Aston Villa 2 - 1 Boro_

although Boro may have had the majority of possesion and more shots than Villa they simply didn't take there chances, an OG from Farell the only good thing from Boro's performance, after having such a good season last year Middlesbrough don't look to comfortable and a bust up between Boro Manager Simon Murphy & Villa Manager Ant Banach made the match a battle. Villa coming out Victorious with an 80th minute goal from Boro old boy Daniel Braathen. Villa desperatley needed the 3 points to take them upto 9th. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye a good win for you ant, was surprised you had braathen on the bench, knew he would score when you brought him on

title defence off the rails

bad start to the title defence has to be put down to a lack of goals and injuries to key defenders(and a dumb assistant)

after selling braathen to villa (8m for a 3m valued player seemed like good business especially with howells lined up to take his place) the intention was to alternate between saunders and howells as the left sided striker, both of whom are superb young players, unfortunatly my assistant decided to laon heowells for the season without a recall (was not impressed) so i have had to splash the cash to buy another decent left sided striker.

this i did spending 5m+ on a player from preston whos name i cant remember. he has fitted in well but has only scored 1 goal in 9 starts (considerably less than hoped for)

my other key new signing, mceveley has faired even worse, suffering a career threatening injury (out for 5 months) and deciding to retire at the end of the season even though he is only 27. at the same time, my first choice pairing in the centre of the defence have both been out with long term injuries and are only just returning to training. coupled with the early season injuries to 5 fullbacks and my england international keeper, it meant that for most of the season it has been a mixture of my reserve team defence and my u19s making up the starting defence.

all in all, a bit frustrating, but only one defeat has been by more than 1 goal and the man utd game aside (where jimmy's team outplayed boro and deserved more than a point) boro have been the better team on the day and once the starting playeres return to full fitness boro will still be a threat.

in europe boro are making a more than acceptable start to the champions league and look likely to make the knockout stages.

boro will battle to get back into the title race (although only 7 points off top with 2/3rds of season left) and will be a threat in the cups they are in, a trophless campaign this will not be (i hope)

Archived