Official CMELClan Team Report thread

Absolutely shocking performance this session. Utter sh!te. An away defeat to Birmingham after leading 2-0, losing 4-2. An away defeat to Mike's Liverpool 4-0. The session ending on a truly aweful note. After dominating proceedings at Stevey's Sheffield United coming in 0-0 at half time, an Injury to Tory, and Nevland comes on and scores 2 in 2 mintes, with literally his first touches of the ball.

Absolute Bollox. Only reasonable result was a stunning victory at Old Trafford in the League Cup 4-0 against a full strength Man Utd side.

Persistant injuries to the likes of Montolivo and Pennant are ruining my chances of a good season. Jiztitz is the only phrase I can currently deem worthy for my side's gash display.

I need shooting.

PS Excellent stuff on Stevey's Part, he's turning the Sheff Utd side into real CL contenders. Jimmy's excellent away win at Newcaslte was stunning, and Lee seems to be hitting some kind of "form". LoL

PPS Did I say I need shooting already? One plate and one cup have been smashed in tonights session. Good job term finishes soon or my housemates wouldn't be too impressed.icon_biggrin.gif

PPPS Crewe's Goaltender scored against me in the session too. How **** can it get. I think it's hitting rock bottom, but i'll keep digging.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City aim to build on last seasons result

After finishing 10th in the league last season Man city manager Fran Cochrane told fans that he aims to build on that in the coming season and hopefully finish in a higher season.

So far this is not happening due to a bad start to the season.City had made it to the final of the inter-toto cup which they lost Sturm Graz 3-0 on agg.

Here are the results so far this season...

(a)newcastle 0-2

(h)tottenham 0-1

(a)villa 0-2

(h)blackburn 1-0

carlton cloe

(a)southampton 2-0

carlton cole, milan baros

(h)boro 1-4

baros

(a)chelsea 1-1

lee croft

(h)coventry 3-1

jerome thomas(3)

(A)norwich 1-4

cole

(h)chelsea LC 3rd 3-4

jerome thomas(3)

(h)man utd 3-1

carlton cole(2), OG

After this set of results CIty are currently lying in the bottom half of the table but seen as its a close table a few consecutive results would move City to top half of table.

More news on City' progress to follow

overall the start to this new season has been ok. Nothing special just ok although tonights session ended on a very high note. My tuesday session and wednesday session report to follow.....soon

So here I am again back on the door of the premiership. I learn't a very good lession the first time i was here and i am hoping this time to improve on my last outing.

Unfortunatly I missed out on much of pre season due to a broken disc but still managed to bring in a few players which with a bit of luck should pull us through this season. One player i was pleased to land on the cheap was the young lad Guthrie. The lad couldn't manage to break in to liverpool first team with the vast amount of skill at there disposal. He had already been on a year loan deal and i liked what i saw so a 500k deal was agreed with Mike and the deal was done.

So players in place and tactics for the season ready we are ready to assault the premier league. Im sure its going to be a long battle and some people are going to get hurt along the way but you can bet your mother i'll be there fighting to the death, up the blades icon_smile.gif

The results so far:

15/08/2009

Aston Villa 0-0 Sheffield Utd

18/08/2009

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Blackburn

22/08/2009

Southampton 1-1 Sheffield Utd

29/08/2009

Sheffield Utd 1-1 Middlesbrough

12/09/2009

Chealsea 1-2 Sheffield Utd

19/09/2009

Sheffield Utd 3-0 Coventry

22/09/2009

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Preston (League cup 2nd round)

26/09/2009

Norwhich 2-0 Sheffield Utd

04/10/2009

Sheffield Utd 0-1 Man Utd

17/10/2009

Sunderland 1-2 Sheffield Utd

28/10/2009

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Hull (League cup 3rd round)

31/10/2009

Sheffield Utd 4-0 Arsenal

So at the moment were sitting in third place pure loving it. The fans are lapping it up as they know deep down this isnt going to last. At least the smiles are back on the people's faces around the city. People are slowly starting to come back to the ground to come see what all the fuss is about. Lets hope we can keep them bums on seats and continue to keep the good form up. icon_smile.gif

Shock Return to St James' Park for former manager

Not a full report here but my final match of last nights session deserves some mention asap icon_biggrin.gif

First game of the session was the worst possible start. Got absolutely stuffed by Crewe, the scoreline of 4-0 flattered us as we were truly awful.

Next was a league cup game against Crystal Palace. A win was desperately needed as morale was low and we scraped a 1-0 win. The next game my asst took charge and got me a 1-1 draw away to Hull.

Another human derby was next against Fran's Man City. It started badly as we went 1-0 down but some great character was shown as we dominated to win 4-1. A big turn around in the season for us.

Stevey's Sheff Utd were next in a great game. We came away with a solid 2-0 win against the then top team. Things were starting to look up.

A big break followed and 2 weeks later we had Oxford in the league cup 4th rd. A nervy start was soon forgotten as we trounced them 5-1 and our form continued.

The final game of the session was going to be a big one. Away to my former club and current champions, Newcastle. We were in a bit of form so i was quietly confident we could get something from the game, but never expected what happened during the following 90 mins.

Within 18 mins we found ourselves 3-0 up and in dreamland. Soriano and Rungratsamee (still newcastle player) were tearing the Toon defence apart. Then on 20 mins todorov made it 3-1 and suddenly the champions were back in it. Minutes before the break we made it 4-1 as the players and fans alike celebrated.

It didnt stop there as 2 goals in the 2nd half made it 6-1 as our counter attacking style was too much for the toon. They pulled another goal back late on but the score of 6-2 will go down in Norwich folklore as we hammered the champions and went 2nd in the table.

Soriano with a hat-trick and Rungratsmee were the stars but Collin in goal deserved his 10 rating as he put in an awesome display. A truly wonderful team effort that should lift the players confidence even more and keep our season ticking along.

The crewe game seems such a long time ago.....

Tuesday session report

As the new season was just around the corner it was time to go looking for some new talent to take bristol city straight back into the premiership (we hope). I managed to find some decent players including mista, capi, zwikker and many more which looked very good on paper but unfourtunately they aint played to their full potential yet although things are slowly improving.

As the first day of the new season approached it was time to sort my squad out and bring in the newbies. They proved well in the first game and guided my side to a 2-1 win against rotherham. It was well deserved and looked to be the best start possible to the season but then the draws started to come in.

My second game was in the cup that i hate as i always tend to go out early. The league cup curse happened again as my side crashed out 2-1 to blackpool. Although the game needed a late goal to settle it you could always see something was going to happen.

2nd game of the season and after the disappointing cup defeat they wanted to win this one to please me. They managed to salvage a point drawing 1-1 but really bristol should of won it. Then along came another draw this time against blackpool. A better performance than their cup one against blackpool this time but they would of lost if it wasnt for them getting a lucky 90th minute goal.

So off we travelled to evertons home ground hoping for a good win. We hoped and hoped but couldnt get a winner the score ended 4-3 in a highly entertaining match. With the new guys capi and mista upfront bristol city were scoring loads but not enough.

Finally a win came this game as we hammered leicester 4-1 in best win so far of this new season. With capi getting a hat trick and mista grabbing one there was no stopping this formidable strike force.

This next game we knew was gonna be hard as chesterfield were flying high in division one. In the first half it was all bristol city as we went 3-1 up it then all collapsed in the 2nd half and chesterfield found an equaliser.

Final game of the session and it was against ant's old side portsmouth. A great display and we were all over them but their keeper stopped all the shots we had. It ended 0-0.

Although the season had only just begun my bristol side were lying around mid table position in division one. With the new signings sort of settling in things wasnt looking too bad. If my team improved just a little they could make going back up into the premiership a reality not just a dream.

It all improved next session however towards the end of it that is as i had an appauling start to the session again really. Wednesday session report to follow.......soon

Wednesday session report

Currently bristol city were in a mid table position at the start of this session hoping to get some good results to move them up even morr. The session started rather well kicking my old teams ass 5-2 at the reebok stadium. Again mista and capi doing the business and showing how good they really did work together. Also new signing lahitie grabbed his first goal for the club.

Day two and with bristol city just out of the playoff's things were looking very good early on but that was all to change as the next few games they played didnt exactly go to plan as you will see. Their next opposition was bottom of the league leeds united. With bristol city in full confidence after the last game we went into the game thinking we was going to win it no problem but we didnt. We fell to a 4-1 defeat away with only new signing bennett scoring. Although my bristol side did actually have more shots than leeds not many of them were actually on target.

My side were then to face QPR. In a very close game bristol just lost out on getting a point from QPR as they lost 1-0. A fair game and in the end well deserved by QPR.

With only getting a point in this next game against Charlton aswell the little bit of good form bristol did have was now completely going. A rather boring game and only capi managed to find the net for Bristol.

We was then to travel to sheffield wednesdays home ground for yet another disappointment. We lost 2-0 to them in a very bad game on my part. With all these bad results coming and bristol slowly moving down the table it wasnt looking that good but the next 2 games showed that we can do it.

This game next against preston was probably my teams best performance of the season so far. We came off 5-0 victors with the team sharing the goals. Capi managed to add to his tally by getting 2 goals then richards scored in his debut game which was good for a left back. Midfield cotton then managed to grab one before defender coles finished them off.

They then had notts forest away and won 5-1 with the team sharing the goals yet again. Richards also managed to get his second in 2 games and mista scored the 2 this time.

Well with the last 2 games bringing some life into the bristol city side who knows what can happen as if this form continues they could be going for promotion but it can all go wrong. Thats all for now until my next session report.

The Times They Are A Changing BBC1 Football Focus

The people of Sheffield can not belive there luck lately. Not only is the city being regenerated its also seeeing ONE of its teams climb the illustrious premier league. For too long the city's two football clubs have been in the shadows. Are things now on the mend? Well if your a blades fan they are. The team who's representing the city's push forward is Sheffield Utd.

After being stuck in the mid table regions of the 1st division Sheffield Utd have turned into a team pushing for europe. Although still a long way off the promised land of european football there are folks in the town wetting the lips at the prospect. The Lord Mayor of Sheffield has also jumped on the bang wagon of support for the blades saying,

"This is a new era for the people of Sheffield. Although your car is still gona be nicked and your gona get mugged we can stand proud in our Blades. There showing the entire city that were not just losers. May there good form continue."

The Blades have transformed themselves from a club with over paid under skilled grandads to a little less paid still no skill grandads but the team spirit is so high there rubbishing all the bookies odds as definate drop candidates. Garth Crookes was speaking to the manager/head coach Stephen Toner who was in quite a buoyant mood,

Garth Crookes: All this talk of european football must be off putting for your players?

Stephen: Well Garth, it has been mentioned around the training ground. I simple told the players that if they want to be the best they are going have to deal with these ideas and handle the pressure. Its all good enough sayng lets leave the thinking of europe at the back of our minds and concentrate on finishing were we can, but i want more from my players.

Garth Crookes: But isnt that putting tremendous stress and pressure on the players?

Stephen: No Garth. If we dont finish in europe thats fair enough. But if we have a chance to get into europe then thats what i want my players to aim for. The players know what they have to do and i have every faith in them to achieve there aims. Some players know that time isnt on there side and they have to show me what they can achieve this season.

Gareth Crookes: I see. Yourself personally do you think you have what it takes to go get into europe?

Stephen Well blutnly put no. I think to finish in the top half would be a achievement in itself. To finish in a european spot would be like the second coming in Sheffield. To look around at the teams around us you have to say there is too much quality. Mike Laws liverpool look like serious league winners this year. Jimmy Cales shock move to Norwhich has paid dividends for them seeing them shoot up the league, they really could be back in europe this year and challenging for the league. Middlesbrough are always going to be a danger and its looking like there setting up another battle for the championship this year too. So when you look at them and other teams like Aston Villa, WBA and Arsenal who are also pushing for europe its gonna be tough.

Garth Crookes Danny Guthrie, will he break the England Squad?

Stephen Well Garth i think Danny is a super lad and will develop into a good player. Theres still areas he needs to improve on but that will come. Like most things in life it takes a lot of hard work to achieve your goals so its up to him how hard he works.

Garth Crookes Well lets hope the good form continues and i hope you every luck

Stephen Shut it Garth

Garth Crookes Sorry what did you say?

Stephen I said see ya Garth

Garth Crookes Ah..yeah see ya stevey

Season looking good for Villains.

Aston Villa will be hoping to build on last years 4th place, to try and achieve this we have added depth and strengh to the already strong Villa Squad. Lionel Morgan was the main addition this season arriving for 5.5m from managerless Newcastle. A few players sold and released on free's to get rid of wages and clear out the dead wood, a few decent youngons brought in for the future and the loan signing of Freddy William Thompson who will leave on the 1st of January when he sign's for Middlesbrough for £12 million. A Brazilian Left Back named Elcio was added who has tons of potential and he is only 21.

FIXTURES.

Sparta Prague 1 - 0 Villa

(First Champions League game for Villa ended in diaster, lucky it was only the first leg of the qualifyer)

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Shef Utd

(was disapointed with this result, but after a few more games and saw Shef Utd were in the top3 i thought quite pleased icon_smile.gif)

Hull 4 - 1 Aston Villa

(Klaus)

(Terrible performance....)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Man City

(Ben Arfa2)

(2 late goals from ben arfa, first win of the season)

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Sparta Prague

(needed the win and got it in some style)

(Kakalov,Lennon,Mendoza and Ben Arfa)

(Lennon also missed a penalty.)

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Spurs

(Leko,Kakalov)

(decent win)

remember session tonight all usual times and can everyone please start to send me their profile information. I already have quite a few members profile information and a picture for one of our members icon_smile.gif so keep it up cheers and send me that information i need. If you talk to me on msn i can send you a text file there and then.

Hopefully in tonights session im aiming to continue the good form. Things are a little tight with players injured or suspended.

Firts game of the night is against Birmingham who have recently signed Rooney. A disastrous start saw Birmingham take the lead and you've guessed it the boy Rooney is the destroyer. We were always chasing the game and ended losing 4-2. Not the best of start but chin up

Birmingham 4-2 Sheffield Utd

Hoping to bounce straight back we had Burnley next. Burnley have been a bit of a force over the last few years so i wasn't expecting a easy game. In a game that was rarther one sided we managed to keep Burnley to no shots on goal. We managed to stick two in the net too so we came out 2-0 winners.

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Burnley

Next game was against Mike Liverpool. In my opinion we are looking at the league winners in Liverpool this season. Going into the game Liverpool have been scoring for fun. So you can imagine my delight as we went in at half time 1-0 up, i was actually doing the bull dance. Then 45 minutes later we came in 5-1 down. A total collapse from the lads and the strenght of Liverpool was just too much. Credit to Mike and the things hes doing at Liverpool.

Liverpool 5-1 Sheffield Utd

Our next trip was to Simons Middlesbrough. A strong team and good manager make Middlesbrough a hard team to beat. We took the game to them from the off twice taking the lead only to be pegged back every time. Then cruely in the 91st minute we concede a penalty. We lose 3-2 on the night. Was i little dissapointed to be knocked out of the League cup as i did have my eye on it, maybe next year.

Middlesbrough 3-2 Sheffield Utd (League Cup)

So out of the league cup all the thoughts turn to staying in the league and getting points. We entertain Aida's WBA which i have always found a tough game. Having tried various tactics and plans for Aida's West Brom I never seem to able to pull off a win, my bogey team if you will. We go down 3-0 in a game that we never looked like winning. Back to the drawing board.

Sheffield Utd 0-3 WBA

Weve now lost three games on the belt. Our next game is against Crewe. We need to put in a solid performance before we start to slip down the league.

In a pretty slow game were chances were far and few between we managed to pull a 1-1 draw. On the whole i will take the point as a good point as Crewe are a dangerous side who were sitting in 4th. At the back of my mind though i cant help thinking were on the slip down. We must nip this bad form in the bud before were kissing relegation on the lips.

Sheffiled Utd 1-1 Crewe

A big game next for myself as we take on old club Hull. Since i left Hull they have turned themselves into a good premiership side. A burning desire inside me to do one on the old club was smashed with only four minutes of the game left. It was looking like a draw but we conceded a sucker punch goal in the 84th minute. I was boiling inside and all the niceties can go out of the window, I hope Hull burn and die you F**kING FILTH. (sorry phil its business and personal icon_razz.gif)

Hull 2-1 Sheffield Utd

This is getting depressing. I knew at the beginning of the season that we were weak in areas but injuries and suspensions are taking there toll. Still all the excuses in the world are not going to get me results. Its time to see whos got a pair of balls in the Sheffield Utd camp. Things have turned sour and its time to lose the losers.

Our next game is against Frans Man City. Im not expecting a easy game and with players starting to bottle it, it might just be the right time to play some kids. We started the game very brightly and took the lead. We were pegged back to 1-1 and thats how it finished. In all honesty i thought we deserved the three points but its just not going our way lately. At least i can take something from the game knowing we just need that bit of luck to get us going again.

At this point in the session Phil was sacked from Arsenal icon_frown.gif Unlucky bud. They seem to sack everybody. Best of luck with your new club.

We have the champions for the last game of the session. Newcastle away, im dreading this one. St James Park is always a hard place to go but there have been the odd few results that have gone against them there so we have to live in hope. A pretty open affair sees them taking the lead and then dominate through out the game. Looking like another defeat we pull one back in the 94th minute. A draw suits me down the ground.

So not the best results we could have had. We finish session in 11th place and about 9 points clear of relegation. Theres still a long way to go but hes looking at you kid icon_razz.gif

Norwich Stutter along

Expectations were high at the start of last nights session after the 6-2 away win over champions Newcastle. But it seems not only the manager and fans got over excited, the players did as well. For that i will take most of the blame, sitting in 2nd spot i think i got carried away and seemingly saw us as some kind of contenders. Maybe in a few seasons but now we must concentrate on a top half finish.

True we did go 12 games unbeaten until the last game of the session when Aida beat us 3-2, but too many draws have dissappointed the Norwich fans and also me too.

4th at the moment is still excellent and i am still confident we can maintain a top 10 finish barring some injuried or suspensions to key players.

Collin in goal is excelling, huddlestone and Bewers the 2 cb's are forming an excellent partnership, Rose on the right wing is consistently good, with Soriano and rungratsamee scoring for fun at times.

Lets hope we can keep avoiding the defeats and nick a few wins.

Results to follow.......

I got sacked!

It was on the cards since last session. The 4-0 second half "drubbing" at Stevey's Sheff Utd really didn't have any effect upon my "boys". Absolute gash. For all of Robinho's talent, his finishing is woeful, occasionally showing what he is capable of. The final staw was a 2-1 home defeat to Southampton, it really summed things up when both of their goals came out of nowhere...

Also earlier in the session I had consecutive games, one in the league at home to Hull. After dominating for about 88 minutes, and scoring early in the first half. They got 1 shot and 1 goal. Then against Bordeaux the same thing happened (pretty much exactly). And in about three games in the session I had at least two "How did he miss that????","He'll be disgusted with himself!" in each game. Bloody Quaresma.

And to really top this sh*t off, after "wasting" my 15 Million on extending the stadium by 15000 seats. After completion, I had 63600 seats. What a joke!!

Phil PeckOne is now in charge of a weak Tottenham side languishing in 17th position. With only a couple of decent players, very low wage buget, but at least stable finances. Hopefully I'll be able to keep a job for more than a season and a bit...

breaking news

boro's talented juniors starting to flourish

the hectic christmas period gave boro chance to play several of the highly talented youth team products in the starting 11 for the trip to burnley.

an amazing match followed as boro rifled 9 unanswered goals past the hapless burnley defence inside a pulsating first 45 minutes. tiredness crept in in the second half, but confirmation if ever it was neeed that the youth system at boro is going to dominate for years to come

eioeioeioeioeioeioeioeioeioeio

After being in charge of Tottenham for all of one session. Practically all of the squad are for sale icon_biggrin.gif. After much deliberation I decided to let Chris Eagles go to Crewe for roughly 5 Million. The sale and the finances are looking very nice.

I decided to make my first two purchases. After Paim's earlier transfer was cancelled, I stepped in, offering 1.8 Million, and securing the services of this very promising wide boy. Also a youngstar from Betis 'B' was next in. At only 16 years old he was secured for only 1.1 Million, but with around 30 goals in two seasons, he is hopefully going to be a great, He's english tooicon_smile.gif

Unfortunately after agreeing terms with Roncatto for around 12 Million, the people high up decided that he wasn't allowed to play for meicon_frown.gif. Absolutely shocking! My attention has turned to another striker and possibly a centre half.

A last game FA CUP win versus Fulham away from home (4-0), papered over the cracks with very dissapointing league form.

Hopefully I'll be able to get these two signings in before the transfer window closes.

Its all going wrong for Norwich

After a great start, then a inconsistent patch, Norwich have now entered the realms of the "rut". 4 defeats in the last 6 league games and to finish the session, an FA Cup exit to 1st Div Leeds.

Everything was going well in last nights session, 2 wins (one away to Man Utd 4-1) and we in 3rd spot. Then it all went tits up.

Suspensions and injuries robbed us of a couple of players and suddenly we had lost 4-1 at home to arsenal (asst in charge) then proceeded to lose 3 in a row, inc 4-1 to Mike's liverpool having been 1-0 up for most of the 1st half then giving them 2 goals (CB managed to pass to their forward in front of goal and then curled a OG of his own into top corner of our net) with a side like Liverpool you dont need to give them 2 goals.

Its not just the results that have worried me, the performances have been awful lately. Conceeding loads of shots on goal and creating very few. Im not sure whether the new training implemented this season is causing some tiredness etc, in a way i hope it is as it will set us in good stead for next season, but i feel our lack of pace at the back is killing us. Huddlestone aint the quickest but is class, so i will be looking for a partner for him in the summer.

Anyway only 6pts off the magical 40pt target i set us this year. And only 25 odd games played. So in a way a success already but i just hope for a late push to consolidate our top 10 finish.

boro build up to potential title decider

after recovering from a poor start to the season, boro find themselves in their customery 3rd place but this time with liverpool in the lead. anticipation is rising on teesside with the visit of the leaders for the next home game and a sell out is gauranteed.

after the poor start, boro went on a run of 18 games without defeat (unfortunately half were drawn) which has left them 8 points behind pool with a game in hand, so this game is a must win.

pressure is mounting on beleagured pool boss mike law who at one stage in the last session was almost begging for the session to be extended just so he could get the game out of the way yesterday (as he is likely to miss most of tonights session) time will tell as to whether he improves his team and can challenge at the fortress that is the riverside

c'mon boro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Just to let all members know session will start a little late at half 7 tommorow and also im now chesterfield oh yeah icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so lee takes the lead in the race for double figures icon_biggrin.gif

barnsey you also got sacked by the mackems, but you were well in bottom 3 anyway as predicted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

it went ok for you i think your assistant lost you a couple icon_frown.gif. Terrible session for me but oh well doesnt bother me icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only got like 4 league games in last night (did have a little crash that lost us a week admittedly) but on the whole the game was very slow, sure you didnt pay some members to drag it out so you wouldnt miss many games mike icon_wink.gif

Norwich eek out some points

After the disappointing end to the last session, armed with a new tactic i looked to turn things around.

That new tactic lasted 1 match, a 2-0 home defeat by crewe. I think if i had played 6 players instead of 11 the performance could not have been worse.

After this tactic no.2 came out, no tweaking of old one this was a spanking new one aimed at my current players. Well first game we had a 3-1 home win against Hull, finally putting some moves together.

Next up was Man City away, great performance as we were 2-0 up at HT having completely dominated them. even had a goal disallowed. Even though we continued to dominate Man City scored 3 unanswered goals in the 2nd half and we lost 3-2. Im still shocked by this result but at least the performance was there.

Final game of a slow session was Stevey's Hull away. Stevey is having a great season and was very unlucky to find himself 1-0 down at ht as he was stuffing me. Second half we turned it around and had the edge, scoring again to gain a good 2-0 win against a good team.

We are in 7th (i think) and are showing signs of some improvement. Fingers crossed we can keep it up and get that top 10 finish i have been dreaming about. Another bonus was we past our 40pt goal already so safety assured this season.

Well things at hull erm i mean Sheff Utd have been tinkering along. 10 more games to play in the season and we find ourselves with 35 points and still in the quarters of the F.A. cup. Were still chasing that magical 40 points barrier which i think will guarantee us premiership football next year. The dream of europena football has almost vanished now. A really dry spell after xmas has seen us take too many draws and loses. There still a chance we could fall into relegation truoble unless we start putting some games away. Torry and Berkleef were scoring for fun before xmas but now they are going through a dry patch. In numerious games we have had fair advantage in the game and pressure but with no goals its not winning me games.

So the premier league is getting closer to the end. Its still in Mikes hands and there seems to be only two challengers in Aida and Simon. Although my heart wants it to go to Middlesbrough i think the scouser's have got it this year. If it does go to Liverpool make sure its kept somewhere safe icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shagwell:

Just a reminder game will be up around 7.30pm

Might not be around much on the game due to the big match being on icon_biggrin.gif

Wales V Barbarians of course kick off 7.45pm Sky Sports 2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL

Norwich continue some good form

Currently in 7th with 6 games to go as Norwich bid for Europe at best.

Results so far this season are below

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">7th in English Premier Division

Fixtures

| | | | | | | |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 8.7.2009 | 19:30 | H | Norwich Reserves | Friendly | | 5 : 0 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sun, 12.7.2009 | 15:00 | H | Norwich Under 19s | Friendly | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 15.7.2009 | 19:30 | A | Luton | Friendly | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 18.7.2009 | 15:00 | H | Dortmund | Friendly | | 1 : 0 |

| Tue, 21.7.2009 | 19:30 | H | West Ham | Friendly | | 4 : 1 |

| Sun, 26.7.2009 | 15:00 | A | Stevenage | Friendly | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 29.7.2009 | 19:30 | A | Grimsby | Friendly | | 4 : 1 |

| Mon, 3.8.2009 | 19:30 | H | Leeds | Friendly | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 15.8.2009 | 15:00 | H | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Wed, 19.8.2009 | 19:30 | A | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 22.8.2009 | 15:00 | H | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 0 : 1 |

| Sat, 29.8.2009 | 15:00 | A | Burnley | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sun, 13.9.2009 | 14:00 | H | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 0 : 2 |

| Sat, 19.9.2009 | 15:00 | A | Crewe | Premier Division | | 0 : 4 |

| Tue, 22.9.2009 | 19:45 | H | Crystal Palace | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 26.9.2009 | 15:00 | H | Sheff Utd | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.10.2009 | 15:00 | A | Hull | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 17.10.2009 | 15:00 | H | Man City | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Wed, 28.10.2009 | 19:45 | H | Oxford | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 5 : 1 |

| Sat, 31.10.2009 | 15:00 | A | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 6 : 2 |

| Wed, 11.11.2009 | 19:30 | H | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 21.11.2009 | 15:00 | A | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 28.11.2009 | 15:00 | H | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 2.12.2009 | 19:45 | H | W.B.A. | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 5.12.2009 | 15:00 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Wed, 9.12.2009 | 19:30 | A | Southampton | Premier Division | | 3 : 3 |

| Sat, 12.12.2009 | 15:00 | A | Chelsea | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 19.12.2009 | 15:00 | H | Coventry | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Wed, 23.12.2009 | 19:30 | A | W.B.A. | Premier Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Sat, 26.12.2009 | 15:00 | A | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Tue, 29.12.2009 | 19:30 | A | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 2.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Cheltenham | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| Wed, 6.1.2010 | 19:30 | H | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 1 : 4 |

| Sat, 9.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 0 : 4 |

| Wed, 13.1.2010 | 19:30 | H | Burnley | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 16.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 1 : 4 |

| Sat, 23.1.2010 | 15:00 | A | Leeds | FA Cup 4th Rnd | | 1 : 2 |

| Sat, 30.1.2010 | 15:00 | H | Crewe | Premier Division | | 0 : 2 |

| Sat, 6.2.2010 | 15:00 | H | Hull | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 20.2.2010 | 15:00 | A | Man City | Premier Division | | 2 : 3 |

| Wed, 24.2.2010 | 19:30 | A | Sheff Utd | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Sat, 13.3.2010 | 15:00 | H | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Wed, 17.3.2010 | 19:30 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 2 : 2 |

| Sat, 20.3.2010 | 15:00 | H | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.4.2010 | 15:00 | A | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

future looking bright on teesside

boro continue to make firms inroads into establishing themselves as one of the premier leagues elite teams. with 4 games to go boro are clear in 2nd place 8 points ahead of 3rd placed wba(great season aida) and on course for a club record ponts total.

unfortunately the title appears to have be blown as liverpool's double over boro sees them 8 points clear in first.

the cups have prooved a welcome distraction for boro and after sealing boro's first ever league cup win (6-3 against a mighty impressive crewe team) boro continue to do well in the uefa cup. the most impressive aspect of our run to the semis is that it has been players developed in the youth system who have made it possible, 13-0 agg win in the quarter finals has put boro in the opposite semi to liverpool and a potential all england final awaits.

so 4 games left in the league and hopefully 3 in the uefa cup could see boro end the season with great success (especially as boro are hoping to continue their run of winning the uefa cup each time they have been in the competition)

away from boro, the league this year has been one of the most competative in years with the relegation battle still involving several teams and a total of over 40 points looking like being neccessary to stay up, so fingers out stevey and phil cant have you in div 1 can we?

Well its been a bit of a slump at sheffield Utd. At xmas we looked rosey but the second half of the season has took its toll. Having to play replays in each round since the fourth round up the final hasn't helped either but at least we are in the F.A. Cup final all be it with a but of luckicon_smile.gif Hopefully if we fall at the final hurdle against Newcastle they will have secured champions league football putting us in Europe.

On the other side we could lose all our games and get relegated and Newcastle could fail to qualify for the Champions league.

Having 40pts i thought would be safe but its not looking that way.

Archived