Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by commuter:

bottom 3

bolton (sorry lee, bad start already for you and lots of good teams in this league icon_frown.gif)

bristol city

preston

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so somehow after getting the bottom 3 correct for last season, now is the time to cast my warped brian over the top flight and see who is going down icon_frown.gif

bottom 3 this season will be

sunderland (sorry barnsey the mackems are a division one team and i know larsson is your dad but let him retire)

sheff utd (not if you get your pc sorted stevey, but without you they are stuffed)

blackburn

top 4 will be

boro

man utd

villa (great loan signing ant)

liverpool

champions league winners will be man utd

league cup winners will be norwich

fa cup winners will be boro

Aida - WBA after a great first season in the premiership, wba slipped last year (although he was one of only 4 teams to beat boro), probably due to the eurpean fixtures, this year with no champions league games to distract him aida will be far more solid and should challenge for a uefa place

Ant - villa surprised me last year, not because they had a good team, but because ant didnt blow the second half of the season like he usually does icon_wink.gif some great signings from the managerless newcastle have strengthened an already good team. i think this year will be a little harder than last for ant (again down to champions league matches) but if ant can manage to keep his players happy for a full year, he will be a threat

Barnsey - Sunderland very lucky to get promoted last year in one of the lowest points totals ever in div 1, one of the favourites to go back down although the signing of djalo from boro has given hope after the waste of money on larsson

Fran - hopefully fran will mount a challenge this season after several years of mid table finishes. always makes decent signings (fran was in charge of villa prior to ant until he got sacked after helping make them a good team) just needs a bit more luck to succeed

jimmy - he east the pies, he eats all the pies you ex geordie, you ex geordie you eat all the pies. delias latest love puppy has made some great signings at norwich, who were equipped with some decent players anyway (although there best 2 juniors had recently left to join boro unlucky) jimmy has taken avantage of some cost cutting measures at boro to sign keizer and parker both very good players amongst others as well as loaning some great players too. jimmy possibly has one of the best attacks in the game (well if it was 5 years from now that is) possibly a bit weak in defence but i expect jimmy to get into europe through the league and can see him challenging for the league cup

Joe - i am proud of joe, i have never seen anyone as bad at cm as joe, a round of applause for the bookies favourite for the first sacking of the season (every season). seriously i believe joe will struggle again as his record hasnt been great and he needs to stay at a club for a few years to strengthen

Joey - managerless but can always take over at whichever club joe was last at icon_smile.gif hope your pc gets sorted soon joey

Lee - harshly fired by bolton(in spite of the fans killing hemsleves to get rid of him) lee can be very good some seasons, its just a shame that has happened in this clan (yet) lee loves toplay players out of position (strikers in wide midfield with the wide midfielders in defence) but he shouldnt strugle this season and should make the play offs at least

Mike - dissappointing league campaign, papered over with the champions league final, needs a good start to the season to avoid the sack, if he achieves that he will be a title threat, if not i am sure crewe will take you back mate

Phil - arsenal were in a right mess when phil took over, they seemed to be the team of choice for new managers in the clan (but usually they never stayed (and joe also started there so they became really bad)) this meant that phil had no money and very highly paid players with no decent back ups. phil has made some very astute signings taking kompany on a free(saving boro 5m a year in wages thanks phil), de jong from ajax (beating me to the signing icon_mad.gif) as well as strengthening the rest of the squad. i expect phil to be challengeing for the fourth cl place and to be a threat in the cups

Stevey - being a boro fan stevey is obviously a talented manager icon_cool.gif what he lacks is a game that works, get his pc sorted and sheff utd will stay up probably in mid table, if not they will join the mackems in going down

now for me and boro, after having a limited 35000 seater stadium, the board have finally increased the capacity but that has came at a price, only 4m being available for transfers and a balance of only 3m. obviously being back in the champions league is going to bring in plenty of money for boro but i needed to free up more for the short term. luckily after boro's transfer policy of recent years (i.e. mainly buying the best youngsters) i have a superb highly talented squad packed with full internationals and u21 internationals. with this in mind i decided to sell upson, keizer, parker, bridge, djalo, cotton and a few others to bring in funds and free up places for the youngsters. transfer funds are now back in the 20m region and more signings will follow if needed. boro added 3 players to there first team squad in the summer, 2 on bosmans(cant remember there names, purely in for cover) and wayne rooney for a club record 18m. with jimmy now at norwich boro have to be lookng to at the minimum achieve a highest ever league placing of 2nd but fans and manager are hoping for higher

Lucky bugger. I'm having trouble flogging my rejects to anyone...Obviously my major signings this next season are likely to be bosmans also a few new youth players. Ant has been very impressive this past season with his astute signings of young players from across europe, but undoubtedly the king of the youth players is Si.

With the expansion of the stadium set to be completed at the end of November, hopefully I will get lots of money in, and be pushing for the title, back where we belong.

As Si pointed out, my Arsenal side has a huge wage bill. Unfortunately with Sol Campbell, Jermaine Pennant and a couple of others either not liking me, or refusing to take a small pay cut. My finances may be in bad shape at the end of the season.

ive not heard the use of the words ant and astute in the same sentence before.

Ant did well last season but can he do it now when the pressure is on??

I think Norwich have what it takes to finish above Villa this season and infact im gonna make it one of my predictions icon_biggrin.gif

just to let you all know a fair few of the pages are now done on the clan website or being done. Can every member who has not signed up to the website please do. Once signed up to the website you will be able to use the forum and much more. The forum currently isnt being posted in as it aint finished yet.

The graphics on the website are expected to be done very soon so enjoy icon_smile.gif also non members of the clan are welcome to sign up on it also

Predictions for coming season.

First of all the top 4 for this season in my opinion.

1.Boro

2.Newcastle

3.Aston Villa

4.WBA

18.Shef Utd

19.Sunderland

20.Norwich, (would be funny wouldn't it)

Jimmy - Taken over at a new club, will take a bit of time for him 2 settle and get no the players, don't actually think jimmy will come 20th but a top 10 finish wouldbe good in first season, im sure rungratsamee will be an asset for him... before he goes off to WBA icon_mad.gif

Simon - In my opinion probably 1 of the best managers in the clan has built up an excellent youth system which are now starting to grow into decent players. also the signing of rooney to boost his attack, will be a force to reconed with this season!!!

Aida - Potentialy a good team, champs league knackerd his team out last season, should be back concentrating on the league this season. A few decent signing and WBA will be up with the big boys yet again, we have already seen the capability of Aida and hope he gets another decent finish this season.

Barnsey - Will definetly struggle, the waste of space me larrson was a pointless buy along with a few others, don't exspect much from barnsey will be lucky with anything except relegation.

Fran - A great finish last season a decent enough squad 2 be challanging the big boys. Hopefully will improve on his good finish last season and get into europe. A few fresh face to boister fran's squad needed this summer!

Joe - Whats the point???

Joey - After an amazing few season at Millwall he was finally sacked (god knoes why) after winning uefa cup, has now taken over at wolves, a few other people been there, but i think joey is the right person to take Wolves upwards, a few decent signing and he could be challanging lee for the divison 1 championship.

Lee - Definetly the most unlukiest manager in the clan strangely sacked by Bolton after not a brilliant season, now in-charge at Bristol City hopefully Lee will get some luck and not get sacked with in a few season's this time Bristol City have some good players and with lee's scouting ability should bring in some class players.

Mike - A harsh first season in-charge at Liverpool, a few disapointing result, a few including himself were suprised at not being sacked but a strong end to the season probably saved his job. if mike can gel his team now and get a few good results behind him, he could be challanging for a top 5 finsih this season.

As bolton release manager Lee Owens from their club Bristol City aqquire him

After the last few weeks being difficult for manager Lee Owens he found himself at yet another new club this time Bristol City. Bolton were right to get rid of him from their club after a big set of dissapointing defeats. It all ended in the game against southampton where i lost 3-2 against them in an unlucky game but by that time there was no way out of relegation for me so i suppose it was fair. Although i managed to beat arsenal 1-0 with jay bothroyd scoring in his first game on tuesday session it still didnt help me enough as i needed it to.

The funny thing was as soon as i was appointed as the new bristol city manager the first game i had was my old side bolton. In a few words i got hammered and started to think if i get hammered that much by my old club then what would the scoreline be against much harder opposition. I then went on to play bristols last 5 or so games of the season and i lost them all the most appauling result was a 12-1 hammering from simons middlebrough but then what do you expect when your up against such quality opposition and your team aint.

All i could see was that my new bristol city team had hardly any depth and not many good players so i knew it is going to be a challenge. At least my bristol city side were already relegated from the premiership though so i could work on building my side for next season and hopefully getting promotion from division one to make a much better attack at the premiership.

The finance side of bristol however was another thing. They have money to burn and if i can find the players to spend it on then who knows what will happen all i know is that im in for a treat. With the new season now just about to get underway bristol have signed some great new players but still lack a little bit of strength in their defence and midfield but with more players on their way that is not a problem lets just hope we can do well in the cups this season to build our balance up even more.

With the season to start monday all the bristol city fans are looking forward to seeing what new bristol city manager Lee Owens will do with them but with lee's on and off form you never know what will happen as sometimes things work out for him but sometimes they go terribly wrong as he is a very unlucky manager. Anyway until next time thats its hope you enjoyed reading.

Information

Just to let all know nearly all pages are done on the clan website now and graphics are expected to go up very soon also please can all start using the clan forum thanks. The clan chat on there though is only for clan members but non members feel free to sign up icon_smile.gif.

Also tommorows session may have to be cancelled due to jimmy having some family down icon_frown.gif. I know its a shame but we will have a sunday session usual times in place of this one if it does get cancelled.

Tuesday and wednesday sessions will still go ahead so dont worry icon_smile.gif

See you all tommorow sesssion (if one) if not then see you all tuesday session hope you all had a good weekend

just to inform all people now we now have a clan drop in game for up to 8 people anyone is welcome to join it. To find all the details about it check out our new clan to be website http://www.fmelc.pfl-net.com/ and sign up for an account on it.

All members that have yet to sign up to the website please do as you will be able to post in thwe forum on their then and do many other things icon_smile.gif

Important information all members read

Over the past few weeks a clan website has been in development but until now it has looked a little plain. Every member that has not signed up to the website yet please do. I think the website is ****ing stunning and i hope the rest of you agree with me. The only thing that is being changed just a little is the forum banner.

Some of you so far have had problems with images showing up but they can be resolved by refreshing the page as its an ISP problem so no big problem icon_smile.gif.

Every person who has signed up to the website so far should also have a newsletter in their email. A newsletter will be sent nearly every week so make sure you all check your inbox regurly icon_smile.gif.

Please make sure you sign up though whether you are a member or not im sure you will enjoy our website. Also a couple pages are not finished yet but they will be once i get the information for them. Clan banners for all members will also be here soon but they been delayed a lot because of all the work on the website as i felt that was more important.

Anyway after that good news see you tuesday session probably unless session is on today (being monday).

mini session is fine by me and im sure you wont miss much simon and i will keep you posted on how you do icon_smile.gif. Also ignore the forum banner on the website it aint that good and is being changed later

Information

Tonights clan session has not gone ahead but we expected it a little anyway as jimmy has family down next session is tommorow usual times so all meet in chatroom as usual.

The first day of the clan drop in game has now begun now icon_smile.gif

Norwich ready for new season

A flurry in activity at Carrow Road has seen many players leaving Norwich as well as many new faces coming in.

Players in so far this season

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 3.7.2009 | Worthington, Steve | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 3.7.2009 | Parker, Craig | Middlesbrough | £4.3M |

| 4.7.2009 | Soriano, Jonathan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 6.7.2009 | Bewers, Jonathan | Aston Villa | £250K |

| 8.7.2009 | Keizer, Cees | Middlesbrough | £3M |

| 10.7.2009 | Ashikodi, Moses | Free Transfer | Free |

| 20.7.2009 | Mitchell, Steve | Watford | £190K |

| 21.7.2009 | Little, Lee | Port Vale | £120K |

| 21.7.2009 | Bull, Adam | Fulham | £575K |

| 23.7.2009 | Collins, Paul | Watford | £150K |

| 24.7.2009 | Collin, Adam | Newcastle | £3M |

| 28.7.2009 | Lebeau, Christophe | Millwall | £4.6M |

| 1.8.2009 | Depetris, Leandro | W.B.A. | £1.4M |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £17.5M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

And also players out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 18.6.2009 | Clark, Mark | Middlesbrough | £350K |

| 30.6.2009 | Gunnarsson, Brynjar| Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2009 | Henderson, Ian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2009 | Baron, Christian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 30.6.2009 | Walters, Matt | Free Transfer | Free |

| 8.7.2009 | Mellberg, Olof | Millwall | £750K |

| 17.7.2009 | Hendrie, Lee | West Ham | £1.2M |

| 7.8.2009 | Clegg, Mark | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.8.2009 | Edwards, Martin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.8.2009 | Mills, Martin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.8.2009 | Buxton, Danny | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.8.2009 | Barker, Mark | Free Transfer | Free |

| 11.8.2009 | Shackell, Jason | Derby | £100K |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £2.4M </pre>

Ok i havent done a report in a while so im gona do a little back tracking and just recap on the past two seasons. icon_eek.gif, its been that long.

Ok so i was sacked by Hull City after guiding them to the promise land of the premiership which was a bit dissapointing but thats football. Maybe it was the right move for the club because they have moved on and now have a super sqaud of internationals. So standing in the dole office waiting in the que I get a phone call from my agent and to my delight Sheffield Utd want me to manage there club, i happily accept.

Looking at this football club it was easy to see that things had been on the slide. I joined with only two games to play till the close of the season which we finished a terrible 18th. Overpaid and underskilled players all over 33 were raping this club of its success. It was time to change.

My first full season in charge was quite successful in certain terms. Managing to ship a lot of dead wood out and free up some resources i started to plan my assault on the 1st division. In the back of my mind i thought we would just miss out on qualification for the playoffs as we really didnt have a strong first eleven never mind a squad. So when the end of season arrived and we found ourselves in the playoffs i was quietly pleased. Unfortunatly a strong Blackburn side managed to beat me in both legs. In a way it was probably doing us a favour because we were not ready for the premiership.

My second season was much better apart from missing the last few session due to a damaged disk icon_smile.gif We had a strong first half season which saw us top the table for long periods. Unfortunatly the disc broke so it was left to my trusty assistant. The saying "If you want a job done properly do it yourself" kept on ringing around my head. Couldn't stop thinking my assistants gona fudged this up. So there i was, sat in the clan chatroom listening to the results fly through,

Cmelc member: Stevey your winning one nil and your top!

Stevey: Klass

Minutes later,

Cmelc member: Stevey uve got a dude sent off and your losing icon_frown.gif

Stevey: Bugger!!

So once again i had been pushed into the playoffs and it was left up to my assistant to get us up. He took the sheffield faithful to New Den to face a strong Millwall. It didn't go to plan. We went 3 down and all hopes of promotion seemed dashed. Then totally unexpected we managed to win 4-0 in the return match. I guess god does work in mysterious ways.

So there you go. We managed to make it back into the big time. Were playing against the big boys again fighting to the death icon_smile.gif

Ok my first full season in charge, with some ups and downs...

In the opening game of the season away to Coventry, after a very tense affair I managed to come out 1-0 victors. Fortunately with Quaresma playing upfront, due to Robinho's suspension resulting from last seasons home defeat to Jimmy's Newcastle. He scored in the 83rd minute.

The first home game of the season was one I would prefer to forget, Robinho still suspended for one more game, and a freak training ground accident for Montolivo made him unavailable. A very good contest resulted with Jimmy. Unfortunately for me Jimmy scored a good goal, but I felt hard done to. But Congrats to Jimmy.

The third game in the week was a trip to Old Trafford. After taking a 13th minute lead with Cesc Fabregas. After an excellent display and a freak goal for Man Utd I was left clutching onto the draw. And we came away with a deserved point.

Next was a home game to Barnsey's Sunderland, and after dominating for every one of the ninety minutes, a very good dispay and a 2-0 win followed.

The final game for me in this session was a tough home game to Aidan's W.B.A side. Fortunately for me this game was rather one sided. With Riccardo Montolivo dominating this game with two goals and Robinho popping up late on with the third and final goal.

With early season form not necessarily deciding anything. I was reasonably happy with my teams display so far, but Congratulations are in order for Mike, his Liverpool side have 3 wins and 2 draws, and are sitting confortably at the top of the league

See you guys tomorrow.

Nice to see the clan still going strong. Good luck to all of you and maybe just maybe if theres a space and (im wanted/welcomed) I may be tempted to make a return v soon. icon_rolleyes.gif

Norwich make steady start

After 5 games Norwich have managed 3 wins and 2 losses.

First up Sunderland, a good game ending in a 2-1 win for Norwich. Soriano & Rungratsamee the scorers.

Next was Arsenal away, a tough game but a great 1-0 victory against a good arsenal side. Rungratsmee the scorer.

Our first loss came next at home to Birmingham. A poor performance and some poor finishing meant fortress Carrow Road was broken early.

It was important to bounce back and we did that in the next game. A 2-0 win away to high flying burnley with Rats and an OG giving us the win.

Our final game of the season was at home to Mike's Liverpool. We were outplayed and lost 2-0 but i took some comfort from the fact we created a number of chances against the favourites for the league. I even felt 2-0 was a little harsh on Norwich.

All in all a good start, expected to lose to Liverpool but the loss at home to Birmingham was our poorest performance so far.

In goal Collin has been excellent, Huddlestone and Lahm in the back 4 have impressed, Rose on the right wing has been class, and up front Rats and also Soriano have impressed.

A lack of pace at the back has been identified, with Sendoros being dropped fora younger, quicker CB so that should help the defence. Left back still a problem though as J'Lloyd Samuel aint a natural left sided player and i think we could struggle there. In midfield Persie has done ok on the left while Parker too has done just enough to keep his place.

Hopefully if i stick with a main core we can achieve survival early and look towards a top 10 finish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fifamasteruk:

Nice to see the clan still going strong. Good luck to all of you and maybe just maybe if theres a space and (im wanted/welcomed) I may be tempted to make a return v soon. icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A return would be welcome Ali, knew you couldnt stay away forever icon_biggrin.gif

early season gloom brightens into rays of hope

new season starts off with embarassing defeats 4-0 at home to burnley for first home defeat in over a year and then a resounding thrashing at mike's liverpool, leaving boro rooted to the foot of the table.

luckily this boro team are not just highly skillfull, htey have a determination to them to and results quickly improved.

injuries to key players hidalgo and bertleson have hampered the team but with the strength of the youth players at the club and the impending arrival of fredy william thompson as well as a class defender (whose name i have forgotton) this season promises to be one of history making proportions for boro.

indeed a great second session of the season has left boro sitting nicely in 3rd (still with only those 2 defeats) 3 points off 1st place

with the relatively small first team squad, i have decided to play my reserve teams in not only the league cup, but also the champions league (at least in the group stage) and this policy appears to be paying dividends as boro remain in both the league cup and sit on top of there qualifying group after 3 games with comprehensive wins at both juventus and at home to partizan.

the completion of the ground expansion now leaves the ground capacity at almsot 39000(strange when the board agreed to expand by 7500 seats and origional capacity was 35310) so much needed funds will be coming into the club.

boro expect very little transfer dealings into the club over the rest of the season although the successfull youth policy is being continued again in the next close season

Archived