Switch demo/ review

Like many I’m an fm touch player disillusioned with no iPad release this year, my kids have got a switch is there anyway of playing a demo on the switch or does anyone have any reviews. I’m not paying £30 and more to be able to save apparantly for it to be hopeless. Thanks 

1 hour ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

I've just bought the game and downloading it now. I'll drop a quick review in here later

Appreciate it thanks, I’ve watched one on YouTube and he Said loading times we’re a bit slow, also was playing via a tv but said it was touch enabled in handheld mode which would surprise me

Touch was enabled but it was brilliant.... Far faster to use the controller. Last year there was no unlockables (paid for or gameplay unlocked) no editor, 2 updates only, limited to 3 nations but no cross save, after a few seasons it did get sluggish too

Perhaps with the larger OLED screen it will be a bit more precise this year - I still found it a superior method to navigate around the pages than the cursor, which was a bit laggy and imprecise.

Ok so its my first time using the switch for football manager. It's going to take a bit of time to getting used to. The controls are "ok". I've switched so i can use the analogue stick rather than flicking the control. It looks nice on Switch Oled as you would expect. You can start with 5 nations, so i've got 15 leagues added in total. TBF its probably worth the £30. Its the full blown game but without the bloat. 

At the moment im quite happy with it, but need to get used to it. As a parent who struggles to get on FM (especially when my day job is on a computer), it will be quite nice to sit with the Mrs pretending to listen whilst I am really losing badly or sitting near the bottom of the division.

Not sure if you can add graphics such as facepacks / logos etc - If that could be done then magic.

Edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-

1 hour ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Ok so its my first time using the switch for football manager. It's going to take a bit of time to getting used to. The controls are "ok". I've switched so i can use the analogue stick rather than flicking the control. It looks nice on Switch Oled as you would expect. You can start with 5 nations, so i've got 15 leagues added in total. TBF its probably worth the £30. Its the full blown game but without the bloat. 

At the moment im quite happy with it, but need to get used to it. As a parent who struggles to get on FM (especially when my day job is on a computer), it will be quite nice to sit with the Mrs pretending to listen whilst I am really losing badly or sitting near the bottom of the division.

Not sure if you can add graphics such as facepacks / logos etc - If that could be done then magic.

Will finish my save on 21 and then purchase I think, so annoyed it was so good on iOS would of happily paid double for the amount of hours I spent on it 

On 09/11/2021 at 09:57, Gdclay said:

Appreciate it thanks, I’ve watched one on YouTube and he Said loading times we’re a bit slow, also was playing via a tv but said it was touch enabled in handheld mode which would surprise me

I have the switch version as my PC bit the dust. It looks good and plays okay. The Joy-Con control does take some getting used to, but it is a fun experience. The touch screen functions well, if you like to play in handheld mode. Also, if like a controller over the controller, it does work. In this year's version, it does allow for up to 5 leagues to be loaded in your saves, up from the threez in year's past, however, more leagues you load, it could slow the processing down. It isn't ever going to be the fastest or the highest graphics, but it is a good and fun way to play the game when not at a PC or Infront of the TV.

Won’t lie I’ve had my eyes on a switch oled for FM touch on switch, I’m guessing by feedback I’m better off just giving in and not getting touch at all, not a fan of Xbox version too many clicks etc to get to one thing. Added to that no offline mode for remote play, makes you think how much more luxurious of a game we had on FM touch 2021, it was buggy but my days was it a much more enjoyable experience from start to finish. 

19 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Won’t lie I’ve had my eyes on a switch oled for FM touch on switch, I’m guessing by feedback I’m better off just giving in and not getting touch at all, not a fan of Xbox version too many clicks etc to get to one thing. Added to that no offline mode for remote play, makes you think how much more luxurious of a game we had on FM touch 2021, it was buggy but my days was it a much more enjoyable experience from start to finish. 

Save your money, it’s would be a decent game on the iPad but the controls are awful and the screen is simply to small on the switch imo. Wish I hadn’t gave them my money this year