FM Touch vs Game Pass streaming on iPad

So, I fired up the Xbox Game Pass streaming version of FM22 (Xbox version) to see how it compared to FM Touch of past seasons on my iPad Pro.

I have to say, the game play is decent - almost identical to FM Touch and the Xbox controller controls have been very well implemented. You can also use touchscreen controls, although they're a bit erratic and finnicky. 

My big problems are no offline support, the cost (if you're not already a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber) and some weird bugs where it thinks I'm American and refuses to save my preferences, so I have to keep resetting the formats etc. 

Overall, don't think I'd play a long-term save via streaming, like I might have done on FM Touch, but I completely understand why SI had to drop it this season.

Full thoughts here: https://bigtechquestion.com/2021/11/09/gaming/there-is-no-fm22-touch-for-ipad-android-is-the-xbox-game-pass-version-a-good-substitute/

Great article! Definitely worth the click. I imagine this is how I would feel too. I’ve tried streaming the full version from a MacBook at home to an iPad somewhere else, and it worked. But it just wasn’t great. 

It’s sad that the even though the iPad is the most managerial device we have, it’s capable of handling any version of the game, and it’s a perfect vehicle for FM Touch, we are relegated to a lower tier of user-ship just to enjoy the game on such a wonderful device. 

I have enjoyed a few matches on mobile today, but haven’t had the time to open the laptop for the full version. If FMT was on iPad, I definitely would have been able to dive in for a bit. Guess it’s just not our year. Maybe when the console versions stop being financially viable, they’ll revisit the Touch experience on touch devices like tablets. Maybe we’ll someday see FMT on phones, tablets, and computers, and it’ll be the highest selling of all versions. 

Edited by Curtneedsaride

How are the controls on an iPad streaming with xcloud?

Are you able to use mouse/keyboard input? Like Magic Keyboard with the trackpad for example?

Apple pencil?

Edit: Just read through your link, that's a shame. Seems like streaming would have been a OK solution with support for mouse/trackpad/keyboard input..

Edited by bubba_89

Yeah, it’s a real shame they couldn’t offer mouse support, as that would make it much easier to play.

Suspect that’s a Game Pass app limitation more than anything SI has omitted, though.