[FM22] Isle of Man Complete Database | Updated for 22.4.0

7b151783b2bdb5869340a47f49c58528.png

It's back! My Isle of Man DB ported over perfectly from FM21, so I can get it up and running nice and quickly

Download Link

How to Install

1. Download the .zip file from the above link
  2. Drag the two files into your Editor Data folder (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/editor data)
  3. Run Football Manager 2022 and start a new career. In the top right under "Database", ensure "Isle of Man" and "Isle of Man NL" are ticked, then click "Advanced Setup"
  4. Click "Add/Remove Leagues", then make sure "Isle of Man" is selected. Once done, tick "Add Players to Playable teams" and unclick "Do not Add Key Staff" if not already done.
  5. Click "Start Game" and the Isle of Man leagues and NT will now be playable!

Note: Both files are needed for the database to fully work. 

Featuring

• Correct league structure as of the 2021-22 season
  • Correct cups and youth competitions
  • Continental qualification for clubs
  • International qualification and tournaments for nation
  • New cities, media sources, awards and plenty more!

Coming Soon

• Correct players at teams (any help with this info is much appreciated)

Known Issues

None so far. Please tell me if you find any issues with the DB, I'll fix them ASAP.

(Note: Please do not upload this database elsewhere without my permission. If you do, you will be forced to remove it and will be named and shamed)

Edited by Rainbowz

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM22] Isle of Man Complete Database - Released Now!

Conversion was an easy one? Looking at how fast you have managed to upload this one. Will move this to the download section when the new FM22 download folder has arrived (still in order).

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Conversion was an easy one? Looking at how fast you have managed to upload this one. Will move this to the download section when the new FM22 download folder has arrived (still in order).

Yeah, the XML file imported into the 22 editor perfectly. The nation still competes in the NL, Euros and WC as it should and continental qualification works. Simmed the DB for 10 years and ran into 0 problems.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Awesome. Was hoping to hear that, but great to see it confirmed.

Yeah, I was surprised, especially as the Nations League required a lot of effort to get working in FM21. Seems SI have done an amazing job on the editor this year.

I'm trying it out with Braddan AFC now! I'll do a Youth Only-Challenge, so we'll see how long they will keep me.

Is it for real that the players gets suspended after two yellow cards and then after every single one? Seems annoying..

28 minutes ago, Sampiesto said:

I'm trying it out with Braddan AFC now! I'll do a Youth Only-Challenge, so we'll see how long they will keep me.

Is it for real that the players gets suspended after two yellow cards and then after every single one? Seems annoying..

Cool, nice to see some interest! I think the discipline settings reset when I transferred the database over. I've updated the file now so it's every other game. 

10 hours ago, TNA96 said:

Thanks for making the database. Just finished my 2nd season. I've noticed that the Isle of Man have 0 pop in their nation profile. Is that going to affect youth intakes/Dynamic ratings?

image.png.e85b53bffd53b93a37dd0a3c4a91b4f2.png

It's purely a visual thing , intakes still happen as they should. I can't say for certain about dynamic ratings as they're new, but I don't see why it would be affected. I don't think population actually affects anything in-game.

2 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

@RainbowzCould you do a tutorial on how to create a nation on Football Manager 2021/2022 Editor?

I've been wanting to create a nation in both of these, but to no avail, so I will need help.

I did this ages ago so I'm a bit rusty, but if I can remember how to, I'll sort it. The basics is you use a defunct nation already in the game and use that as the template. You need to mess about with the Resource Archiver to remove the Read Only tag on the "continent" option, but I can never remember how to do that and I just trial and error it.

I used Ireland Pre-1922 as the base nation for this Isle of Man DB.

Edited by Rainbowz

Great database - 10 years in already and plugging away, but just noticed that in the Hall of Fame, all the competitions earn 0 points. Not a big deal at all of course, just not sure if you're aware of it. Just a slightly odd error. Thanks for uploading this!

What you've done is great but what would make the game more exciting and help the clubs in the Isle of Man is to have a British Isles cup that has 5 times the prive money of the Englis FA Cup and it consists of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man or you could even go firther to spice things alternatively make a British Territories cup which conists of teams from the 5 nations above but include nations like the British Burmuda Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibratar, British Virgin Islands and so on. I think that would help the Isle of Man clus with extra funding and spice things up. It's only an idea though and thanks for creating the Isle of Man!

On 19/11/2021 at 20:02, JayArtee said:

Great database - 10 years in already and plugging away, but just noticed that in the Hall of Fame, all the competitions earn 0 points. Not a big deal at all of course, just not sure if you're aware of it. Just a slightly odd error. Thanks for uploading this!

Thanks! Yeah, that's a common bug with custom DBs. Not sure there's anything that can be done about it unfortunately.

15 hours ago, MJB1986 said:

What you've done is great but what would make the game more exciting and help the clubs in the Isle of Man is to have a British Isles cup that has 5 times the prive money of the Englis FA Cup and it consists of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man or you could even go firther to spice things alternatively make a British Territories cup which conists of teams from the 5 nations above but include nations like the British Burmuda Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibratar, British Virgin Islands and so on. I think that would help the Isle of Man clus with extra funding and spice things up. It's only an idea though and thanks for creating the Isle of Man!

I went realism over all for this save. It'd make it more fun, but wouldn't follow the real-life system of the league/nation. You can feel free to edit the file to add any cups you'd like, though!

hello, great work. there is a way using the editor to change the population value? I'm becoming mad trying to change this 0 as the population :(

I tried extracting comp editor.fmf with resource archiver, searching inside the xml but no luck

On 24/11/2021 at 10:24, bambi holt said:

Ive downloaded this and moved the files to the editor data file, however when i start a new game the 'download' button is greyed out and I cant click on it.

any ides why?

Could you show me a screenshot?

On 30/11/2021 at 21:48, ethan76 said:

hello, great work. there is a way using the editor to change the population value? I'm becoming mad trying to change this 0 as the population :(

I tried extracting comp editor.fmf with resource archiver, searching inside the xml but no luck

Nah, populations are hard-coded as far as I'm aware. It doesn't affect anything in-game though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 06:39, MJB1986 said:

I like the Isle of Man database but when I add it to other tournaments, The Isle of Man playable league option isn't there and the tournament doesn't run either.

Which other ones? It might be because they edit the Ireland Pre-1922 nation that my Isle of Man nation uses, which would cause all sorts of issues.

1 hour ago, Rainbowz said:

Which other ones? It might be because they edit the Ireland Pre-1922 nation that my Isle of Man nation uses, which would cause all sorts of issues.

I see, is there anyway I can get around this problem? I am sorry to ask you this but I am new to editor.

1 minute ago, MJB1986 said:

I see, is there anyway I can get around this problem? I am sorry to ask you this but I am new to editor.

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of. What other files are you using?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Rainbowz changed the title to [FM22] Isle of Man Complete Database | Updated for 22.4.0
  • 3 weeks later...
En 28/3/2022 a las 18:59, Rainbowz dijo:

Updated to work with the latest patch.

Great work!!

BTW, how did you managed making work international qualifications? I have a similar mod (with other country) and, since 22.4, it is impossible to verify World Cup qualifying.

16 hours ago, Micho21 said:

Great work!!

BTW, how did you managed making work international qualifications? I have a similar mod (with other country) and, since 22.4, it is impossible to verify World Cup qualifying.

I'm not sure, mine just worked by default. I had some help with setting up international qualifying in the database last year, so I'm not 100% on the logistics of it, but I'm not questioning it since it seems to work.

En 14/4/2022 a las 11:05, Rainbowz dijo:

I'm not sure, mine just worked by default. I had some help with setting up international qualifying in the database last year, so I'm not 100% on the logistics of it, but I'm not questioning it since it seems to work.

Sounds logic :lol:

Ok, thanks! I'll take a look while I'm playing to see if find what makes it work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys has anyone had any issues with the European championship Qualifiers, It does not run in game. My youth squads play in them but not the seniors. World cup and nations league also work fine 

Any help??

• 5 months later...
En 9/11/2021 a las 11:38, Rainbowz dijo:

7b151783b2bdb5869340a47f49c58528.png

It's back! My Isle of Man DB ported over perfectly from FM21, so I can get it up and running nice and quickly

Download Link

How to Install

1. Download the .zip file from the above link
  2. Drag the two files into your Editor Data folder (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/editor data)
  3. Run Football Manager 2022 and start a new career. In the top right under "Database", ensure "Isle of Man" and "Isle of Man NL" are ticked, then click "Advanced Setup"
  4. Click "Add/Remove Leagues", then make sure "Isle of Man" is selected. Once done, tick "Add Players to Playable teams" and unclick "Do not Add Key Staff" if not already done.
  5. Click "Start Game" and the Isle of Man leagues and NT will now be playable!

Note: Both files are needed for the database to fully work. 

Featuring

• Correct league structure as of the 2021-22 season
  • Correct cups and youth competitions
  • Continental qualification for clubs
  • International qualification and tournaments for nation
  • New cities, media sources, awards and plenty more!

Coming Soon

• Correct players at teams (any help with this info is much appreciated)

Known Issues

None so far. Please tell me if you find any issues with the DB, I'll fix them ASAP.

(Note: Please do not upload this database elsewhere without my permission. If you do, you will be forced to remove it and will be named and shamed)

Will something similar be done for FM23? 🙌💖

I would be happy to play this MOD. There is a possibility that there is a club from the Isle of Man (the most important) competing in the English System.

That way for the Nation Development Challenge that I would like to do in the Isle of Man
I would start in the Isle of Man national league, developing clubs to improve their facilities and youth policy, so that the national team is nourished by better players, as the country's national league has clubs with better facilities that the user helps to invest/ask the club board to improve:
- club facilities
- junior preparation
- recruitment of youth

and over time, directing as the last club that participates in the English system to continue the nation's development with a club and a national team at the same time.

17 hours ago, Jabbos81 said:

Will something similar be done for FM23? 🙌💖

I would be happy to play this MOD. There is a possibility that there is a club from the Isle of Man (the most important) competing in the English System.

That way for the Nation Development Challenge that I would like to do in the Isle of Man
I would start in the Isle of Man national league, developing clubs to improve their facilities and youth policy, so that the national team is nourished by better players, as the country's national league has clubs with better facilities that the user helps to invest/ask the club board to improve:
- club facilities
- junior preparation
- recruitment of youth

and over time, directing as the last club that participates in the English system to continue the nation's development with a club and a national team at the same time.

I'll give it a go. Unfortunately this year, the update which removed Russia from international competitions kinda broke this database in terms of European qualification for the Isle of Man. I'm hoping they've patched up the issues in the DB this year so it works as it should.

I've tested the DB for long-term saves this year and it works really well. FC Isle of Man produces Manx/English regens if their league is loaded, so you can definitely build them up and improve the quality of the NT through them.

What broke exactly? I got some mentions from people building nations from scratch which seemingly strange unrelated error messages, but I have managed to work out the issue for some of them.

On 28/10/2022 at 12:37, Wolf_pd said:

What broke exactly? I got some mentions from people building nations from scratch which seemingly strange unrelated error messages, but I have managed to work out the issue for some of them.

The database itself was fine, but in-game the Euros weren't running anymore, or sometimes would run on odd years. 

I wonder if it might be worth adding ANOTHER country to see what would happen? I know it's a lot of work, but even just a skeleton of a country in UEFA at first to see if they also join FIFA/UEFA qualifiers. Then if there's a "not enough teams" issue being caused by Russia's exclusion, they'll fill the slot. If it works just quickly make them Jersey or something

13 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wonder if it might be worth adding ANOTHER country to see what would happen? I know it's a lot of work, but even just a skeleton of a country in UEFA at first to see if they also join FIFA/UEFA qualifiers. Then if there's a "not enough teams" issue being caused by Russia's exclusion, they'll fill the slot. If it works just quickly make them Jersey or something

I'm hoping SI fixed the issue this year since their solution to remove Russia from everything seemed a bit of a rush job. If not I'll test a few things

That was really annoying from an editing perspective, I think there were other ways they could have shown their support rather than hard-coding something like that out of the blue. I know editor databases aren't technically "supported" but the fact it broke so many shows that it was a bit of a rush job

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/11/2022 at 06:54, Rainbowz said:

I'm hoping SI fixed the issue this year since their solution to remove Russia from everything seemed a bit of a rush job. If not I'll test a few things

You can add Russia back in by switching the ID to USSR, I have them playable on my save in europe. I'm messing around with your file for personal use on , I like making Frankenstein stuff

image.png