Player regen images

Hi, 

Great game this year. Loving the new features and looking forward to another year of FMM fun and games. 

With regards the new player regen faces/heads, is there any way to turn off this feature so we just get the standard silhouettes?

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, passenger58 said:

With regards the new player regen faces/heads, is there any way to turn off this feature so we just get the standard silhouettes?

Not at present, I'll consider putting an option in as part of the update cycle at some point - but obviously during the initial updates we'll be looking at fixing crashes/bugs/issues rather than adding in new features (even if relatively minor).

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Not at present, I'll consider putting an option in as part of the update cycle at some point - but obviously during the initial updates we'll be looking at fixing crashes/bugs/issues rather than adding in new features (even if relatively minor).

Thanks. While I appreciate many have requested this feature and you've delivered on that, my personal view is that it ruins the game immersion a little bit.

So an option to turn these off would be great.

I'm pretty sure in the last FMM (or maybe the one before) you could turn off all player images - even the licensed ones - as a benefit to those with older devices. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. 

3 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Hi, 

Great game this year. Loving the new features and looking forward to another year of FMM fun and games. 

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to turn them off?

7 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to turn them off?

To me they don't look photo realistic, so ruin the game immersion for me. If we can't have images that look like actual people, I'd rather not have any.

There's also the thing of me playing as a Greek team and almost all my regens being blonde with blue eyes. Again, not very realistic. 

Having said that, I understand that this was a popular request so I'm probably in the minority. It'd just be good to have an option to turn them off for those that can do without  them. 

Edited by passenger58
Typo

2 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

To me they don't look photo realistic, so ruin the game immersion for me. If we can't have images that look like actual people, I'd rather not have any.

There's also the thing of me playing as a Greek team and almost all my regens being blonde with blue eyes. Again, not very realistic. 

Having said that, I understand that this was a popular request so I'm probably in the minority. It'd just be good to have an option to turn them off for those that can do without  them. 

Thanks. It makes sense to some extent :)

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, RamaMoretz1 said:

Wheres the regen faces?. I dont understand. I only have a black male picture when players dont have a real foto. 

Regen faces are only displayed for players who aren't 'real' for unlicenced real players they won't be displayed (look at some grey players if you want to see them quickly).

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
5 hours ago, Passmore610 said:

I'd much prefer the standard silhouettes too, the cartoon faces really take away from the realism. Any idea when the option to turn them off would be implemented?

Will be coming in January once it has gone through QA.

On 31/12/2021 at 17:07, Marc Vaughan said:

Will be coming in January once it has gone through QA.

Thanks, Mark.

Quick question - will this config apply to existing save games or just new ones started post-update? 

In other words, if I have a few season's worth of regens in my existing save game, will I be able to remove their regen faces? 

I have one that looks like Boris Johnson and I just can't take him seriously.

• SI Staff
36 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

Thanks, Mark.

Quick question - will this config apply to existing save games or just new ones started post-update? 

In other words, if I have a few season's worth of regens in my existing save game, will I be able to remove their regen faces? 

I have one that looks like Boris Johnson and I just can't take him seriously.

You'll be able to turn it off or on at any point.

• 4 months later...

Hello, any updates on this?

Seriously, these regen avatars look hilariously bad. We don't expect desktop FM quality, that's why we just requested the simple feature of being able to replace regen avatars with the default silhouette.

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, codyghind said:

Hello, any updates on this?

Seriously, these regen avatars look hilariously bad. We don't expect desktop FM quality, that's why we just requested the simple feature of being able to replace regen avatars with the default silhouette.

You should fine an option to turn off the images in the last update (its in preferences).

Incidentally the images are from the FM desktop game generator ... weirdly enough ...