German Regionalliga

KeemDreamStar

I’m wanting to do a German file one day but I can have a look at the Regionalliga later and see what it’s like. It shouldn’t be a problem activating it in the editor as it’ll probably be already in the nation rules.

I can also see what the Oberliga is like as I think all the divisions are on there as well.

Edited by FCUtdWill

Regional liga is mostly in the game already so it's not that hard, main issue is that I don't think FM can directly represent the real life promotion rules. There's 5 sub divisions, of which 3 offer a direct promotion spot and the last 2 have their winners play a play off for the 4th promotion spot. You could change the BL3 to relegate 5 clubs (although that would be a lot more effort regarding nation rules), so I avoid that!

I generally get around this by giving the league a 5 team play off (so first place in every sub division) with 4 promotion slots. FM translates that in a tad interesting way, but basically win 1 play off match and you get promoted. :lol:

So, if you don't mind a bit of a scuffed promotion method from the 4th division, you can use my file for this. I holidayed it for a couple seasons during the night and it seemed to work fine, but as I'm by no means an editor guru, I can't guarantee there's no weird hiccups in there.

German2.fmf

38 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Regional liga is mostly in the game already so it's not that hard, main issue is that I don't think FM can directly represent the real life promotion rules. There's 5 sub divisions, of which 3 offer a direct promotion spot and the last 2 have their winners play a play off for the 4th promotion spot. You could change the BL3 to relegate 5 clubs (although that would be a lot more effort regarding nation rules), so I avoid that!

I generally get around this by giving the league a 5 team play off (so first place in every sub division) with 4 promotion slots. FM translates that in a tad interesting way, but basically win 1 play off match and you get promoted. :lol:

So, if you don't mind a bit of a scuffed promotion method from the 4th division, you can use my file for this. I holidayed it for a couple seasons during the night and it seemed to work fine, but as I'm by no means an editor guru, I can't guarantee there's no weird hiccups in there.

German2.fmf 22.95 kB · 3 downloads

Given that the promotion is essentially Regionalliga West and South West get auto promotions, one of the other 3 get randomly picked, and the other two play off, it should be possible to replicate, I'm just trying to figure out exactly how.

8 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Given that the promotion is essentially Regionalliga West and South West get auto promotions, one of the other 3 get randomly picked, and the other two play off, it should be possible to replicate, I'm just trying to figure out exactly how.

Now you're making me dig through advanced rules in the editor instead of just playing FM damn you!

From what I've seen so far, you should be able to do the 3 direct promotions, 2 leagues have play off for final slot rule without too much issues in the advanced rules. However, I'm not sure if you'd be able to add the random pick for 3rd guaranteed slot...

Might be able to do something with letting 2 teams go into play off in the parent competition rules, while having 0-1 teams from the 3 sub divisions go into play off? Not sure if that works and actually randomizes things...  Well, lets try.

I'll just stick with accepting that I'm by no means an editor guru.

Best I managed to do was have 3 teams go into the play off, one gets a bye for the first round (and is thus promoted), and the other "semi" final is the actual decider. The two promoted teams then play a final to celebrate their promotions or something. The bye should be decided randomly, but I've only done one season so far and Bayern II got the bye, being the best performing team by a mile. Obviously could've been RNG or maybe the game picked them as deserving it, not sure. :lol:

While I was at it, I did add sorting rules for the 4th division, as I may have forgotten to do that the first time around. Oops.

German3.fmf

37 минут назад, KeemDreamStar сказал:

I have managed to create a file that properly activates the Regionalligen. This is by no means meant to take away from the wonderful work that others do when they make those more expansive league files. Enjoy!!

Germany (Bundesliga - Regionalligen).fmf 23 \u043a\u0411 · 0 downloads

Could you please by any chance add also Oberliga? :) 
Just a single-track league without partition to groups?

On 09/11/2021 at 19:28, KeemDreamStar said:

I have managed to create a file that properly activates the Regionalligen. This is by no means meant to take away from the wonderful work that others do when they make those more expansive league files. Enjoy!!

Germany (Bundesliga - Regionalligen).fmf 23.87 kB · 15 downloads

@KeemDreamStarI've just been running a test on the editor of this, and it works fine, up until the end of the 2027/28 season, when only 3 teams get promoted with 4 teams relegated. I'm trying to sift through to spot what's going wrong at that point, but I can't figure it out. Any idea how to resolve that? It's just so that it doesn't break several years into a long-term save.